Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    For reals, I can see them doing a collection of small stories that cover events that happen between the end of SL and the start of BF

Again, in a book we'll never read.
    They could go the Cataclysm route, where several short stories of each racial leaders were featured for free on the website
    I'd be down for that
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This might be slightly longer, sure; but still not enough time for major changes to hit the world of the kind people were speculating about (e.g. continents shifting, new kingdoms forming, complete faction dissolution/shifts, etc.)
    I don't think any one is suspecting continents shifting. it's more about rebuilding the damages done by the cataclysm, continuing story lines like the regrowth of Desolace, the Nightmare in the Barrens, the healing of the Plaguelands etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    I don't think any one is suspecting continents shifting. it's more about rebuilding the damages done by the cataclysm, continuing story lines like the regrowth of Desolace, the Nightmare in the Barrens, the healing of the Plaguelands etc.
    Speculation has been all over, although I think some renovations to various zones are probably on the table for this time skip. Based on various novels and the Exploring Azeroth series, some of these changes have already occurred albeit not yet represented in-game.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Of course there is! Time in Shadowlands flies faster and mortals didn’t even get older. I hope we will live up to the day where Azeroth will wake up and emerge from the planet shell.
    No, there is a time skip between the end of SL, when we returned, and the start of DF.

There is no time skip within the expansion.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Stromgarde has been revived since BfA, as well.

If the placement of the Dragon Isles is consistent with older maps, the Isles should be located west of Quel'Thalas.
    Yeah I'd like to see Stromgarde's revival reflected in-game more. Same for stuff that went down in Hillsbrad.

I'd imagine Dragon Isles being east or northeast of Northrend actually. We all expected Kul'Tiras to be connected to EK or off the coast of it but they put it west of EK instead.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically the reason she chose horde was because she had the hots for not-kael-what's-his-name

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    There's also some stuff that went down during Legion such as what happened in Darkshire during the Kingslayer Artifact quest chain. Speaking of. At this point we should start finding out what became of the various artifact weapons lorewise post-Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    So basically the reason she chose horde was because she had the hots for not-kael-what's-his-name
    ...Yes.

I'd be surprised if she's not pregnant by now
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

You'd think the PC that saved her life, nursed her and her friends back to health, and then broke their addiction to the Nightwell by helping cultivate the arcan'dor tree would get a gilded invitation to the nuptials.
    They did that once with Thrall and Aggra, it was very hit or miss with the community. I was fine with it, but remember there being quite a bit of whining about it saying it's too out of touch with World of WAR craft, and too touchy feely, lovey dovey, or pointless bullshit or whatever.

Not surprised they opted to not do that again, but I am also a bit disappointed we didn't get to be a part of it, I enjoy that kind of fluff.

This might be slightly longer, sure; but still not enough time for major changes to hit the world of the kind people were speculating about (e.g. continents shifting, new kingdoms forming, complete faction dissolution/shifts, etc.)
    Eh, I mean we had stuff like Stromgarde being completely rebuilt within the interim between Legion and BfA. They might as well have crowned Danath Trollbane. So that sort of counts. I'm just saying that more has happened in less time. I'm not really in favour of these sweeping world changes to begin with but that horse has already left the barn in Cataclysm.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They did that once with Thrall and Aggra, it was very hit or miss with the community. I was fine with it, but remember there being quite a bit of whining about it saying it's too out of touch with World of WAR craft, and too touchy feely, lovey dovey, or pointless bullshit or whatever.

Not surprised they opted to not do that again, but I am also a bit disappointed we didn't get to be a part of it, I enjoy that kind of fluff.
    The general issues were more that one, it was focus on Thrall yet again; two, it was focus on Thrall at a weird time (the trailer for the Firelands patch it was in had Ragnaros show up to taunt Thrall, who was completely uninvolved with the fight against Ragnaros); and three, it started with a meeting of the various forces involved to help heal Nordrassil and ended with nothing of the sort being done.

A wedding could certainly be done well in game but Thrall's wedding certainly was a flop.

You'd think the PC that saved her life, nursed her and her friends back to health, and then broke their addiction to the Nightwell by helping cultivate the arcan'dor tree would get a gilded invitation to the nuptials.
    Unless that PC was Alliance... then you can only expect that your neutral Kirin Tor friends (who were ofc invited) would show you arcane echoes from the event.

Yay! He's a married man! Honestly, I love Lorthemar. Dude's gone through a lot of shit and I am happy he's got a happy ending...kinda.

7+ Year Old Account
    More cringe dialogue, wow writers should stop trying to do those "romance" in the game, it just look like bad fanfiction, just say they got together and be done with it, i still ahve ptsd with Thrall from cata.

At least they are making a timeskip, let the game breath a bit, too bad i don't think they will use it well, a good timeskip would solve a lot of problems in worldbuilding that is happening since legion

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't think this is a massive time skip, just a couple of years. A lot of people were thinking the Shadowlands time skip was going to be long enough for the world to change significantly (politically and otherwise) - but this is more of a standard time skip between expansions. I don't know if the time gradient between Azeroth and the Shadowlands is even a factor here.
    There is no "standard time skip between expansions", that theory has been debunked repeatedly. This is the first time we've had a time skip.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Nice.

Actually didn't see that coming. Good on them both <3
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/st...oment-in-verse

Playable Bloodborne Elves when?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    There is no "standard time skip between expansions", that theory has been debunked repeatedly. This is the first time we've had a time skip.
    Generally, the time skip between expansions is ~1 PY, although in some cases it has been more or less immediate (e.g. MoP -> WoD, Legion -> BfA), and in some cases, it has been nearly 2 PY in terms of in-game time.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Generally, the time skip between expansions is ~1 PY, although in some cases it has been more or less immediate (e.g. MoP -> WoD, Legion -> BfA), and in some cases, it has been nearly 2 PY in terms of in-game time.
    That's not a time skip between expansions, that's just time progressing forward. A time skip is when you jump forward in time in the narrative. That hasn't happened before in WoW.

EDIT:
    Example: WoW started in year 25, TBC in year 26, Wrath in 27, Cata in 28, MoP half-way into 29 and then into 30, Warlords in 31 and the start of 32, then going to Legion, and so on.

Source: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2022-07-28 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    That's not a time skip between expansions, that's just time progressing forward. A time skip is when you jump forward in time in the narrative. That hasn't happened before in WoW.
    They are generally considered lapses in the in-game narrative, yes. Sometimes they're bridged by material from the novels and other external media, such as with The Shattering and War Crimes, and sometimes they're not. Regardless, they're periods of time in the general game chronology that aren't covered in-game, interstitial to the expansions themselves, and so on.

I am so happy for Thalyssra and Lor'themar. They are the most beautiful couple in lore.