Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some sad news or good depending how you look at it but game have been delayed until 30th november.

Beta signup is live though https://www.darktide.live/

After you sign up you will get a email to a sign up form you need to fill in too.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-07-28 at 06:00 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Some sad news or good depending how you look at it but game have been delayed until 30th november.

Beta signup is live though https://www.darktide.live/
    Ultimately depends on the reasons, but I'd personally rather they delay the game to make sure it's nice and polished, rather than rush out a buggy mess.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Vermintide was pretty buggy. If they need more time, they need more time.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Ultimately depends on the reasons, but I'd personally rather they delay the game to make sure it's nice and polished, rather than rush out a buggy mess.
    Yeah agreed vermintide games where pretty buggy at launch so probably for the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Vermintide was pretty buggy. If they need more time, they need more time.
    Hehe yeah indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the tweet
    https://twitter.com/Darktide40K/stat...85635219210240
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-07-28 at 05:53 PM.

I just hope it will be fun for me.
    From the videos I've seen, they really have to work on more fluid movements.
    Vermintide had janky ones too, but they looked more fluid, at least later on. (mostly related to connection issues/poor netcode I guess)

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I just hope it will be fun for me.
    From the videos I've seen, they really have to work on more fluid movements.
    Vermintide had janky ones too, but they looked more fluid, at least later on. (mostly related to connection issues/poor netcode I guess)
    Think Darktide will have dedicated servers unlike vermintide so hopefully that will help, atleast game will not end if host drops anymore i think so that's a plus. Hopefully betas will help smooth it out too.

All for it if it reduces the inevitable jank and, apparently, poor performance.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    All for it if it reduces the inevitable jank and, apparently, poor performance.
    Sounds like they are aware of the vermintide launches and people opinions on them and want a smoother launch this time so yeah also all for it.

I have been playing the beta for a bit. It's a lot of fun.

Yeah same great gameplay and absolutely love the soundtrack and overall audio.

i get crash all the time in beta
    I could not play a minute.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only crashed once so far

I find the zealot annoying af
    Its constantly yelling shit about heretics and the emperor. Its in line with the lore but damn it got grating fast
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

do u get loot in this game? or any kind of rpg element?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    After each mission you get weapons
    Also when leveling up

Each gun has a Damage, Reload, Mobility and other stats to fine tune your character

I haven't got any cosmetic yet so I'm unsure if those have stats as well
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah same great gameplay and absolutely love the soundtrack and overall audio.
    I think the sound design is my favorite part. I did a late-night session with my surround headphones on last night and it was delightful! Hearing the VOX, the weird accents they use in 40k audiobooks from NPCs and so on. I like the sound of the hive too, the industrial edge of it all.

A good production.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    No. It's more like Aliens: Fire Team Elite.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I think they need to do is balance out the team matchmaking. Class roles are pretty soft, but getting a squad match with 4 Orgyns or 3 psykers & 1 sharpshooter kinda sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

For the love of the Emperor, never add Astartes to this game. NEVER.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

For the love of the Emperor, never add Astartes to this game. NEVER.
    100% agreed

Also excited for Shootas Blood and Teef next Thursday

I appreciate the shooting and squad mechanics a lot too. Suppressing fire and ally proximity damage mitigation.

Everyone has played Back 4 Blood or Left 4 Dead and had like Coach throw pills then run off and do fuck-all on his own. The mechanics subtly enforce group cohesion in Darktide and found it to be a very natural game design.

This game is good.

The game is good but I don't think the tooltips and how class mechanics work exactly will, in any way whatsoever, be reasonably well explained.

Do Auras of the same type stack?
    How much damage do I do? What is a +5 Damage increase that some perks provide like? Is it 1% of my damage or 33% of my damage?
    What are the actual stats of any weapon and what do they do when the bar of "damage" is half full vs te bar od "damage" being only 3/7 full?
    How is a bar able to tell me what I need?
    What is a bleed stack?
    what does agony do in contrast?

It's going to be abysmal in that regard. Not sure why they make all the errors from VT1 and VT2 again.

Gameplay is fun, squadplay is better than in VT1 or 2, good shit that THP is gone, but it's too difficult to tell enemies apart tbh.
    Everything is so dark... which looks nice, but doesn't feel nice.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-10-15 at 07:06 PM.

The game is good but I don't think the tooltips and how class mechanics work exactly will, in any way whatsoever, be reasonably well explained.

How much damage do I do? What is a +5 Damage increase that some perks provide like? Is it 1% of my damage or 33% of my damage?
    What are the actual stats of any weapon and what do they do when the bar of "damage" is half full vs te bar od "damage" being only 3/7 full?
    What is a bleed stack?

It's going to be abysmal in that regard. Not sure why they make all the errors from VT1 and VT2 again.

Gameplay is fun, squadplay is better than in VT1 or 2, good shit that THP is gone, but it's too difficult to tell enemies apart tbh.
    They'll probably redo those errors you described because they know 90% of their playerbase aren't interested in doing math. Just shooting/cleaving stuff and activating skills with a vague sense they do something. A full WAAAAAGH-mode.

What is a bleed stack?

I'm a little confused by the Psyker auras, I can't tell if the one you gain from killing with the warp ability is the same as the 10% damage buff psykers are supposed to give everyone.

The Game:
    I actually really enjoy this game, it reminds me more of Left4Dead than any game that has come out since then. I look forward to Nov release, wish it was sooner though.