Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    What do commissions have to do with anything?
    Because people ask art for the characters they play, or they draw themselves

If you find more red or purple tieflings, obviously there is more people playing then, thus, they are more popular among players, easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Because people ask art for the characters they play, or they draw themselves

If you find more red or purple tieflings, obviously there is more people playing then, thus, they are more popular among players, easy.
    Yeah, and if you google tiefling fanart you'd see just as many blue tieflings as red and purple. Hell, half of them are fanart of Jester FFS.

Again, not quite sure what you're measuring here unless your google somehow discriminates against showing you blue tieflings or some shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and if you google tiefling fanart you'd see just as many blue tieflings as red and purple. Hell, half of them are fanart of Jester FFS.

Again, not quite sure what you're measuring here unless your google somehow discriminates against showing you blue tieflings or some shit.
    When did i say you don't find blue tieflings? you find white, black, many colors, yet, you still find more red ones. Unless your own google have the same bias as yourself. ah yes, people usually don't play with fanart, its just a fanart.

When did i say you don't find blue tieflings? you find white, black, many colors, yet, you still find more red ones. Unless your own google have the same bias as yourself. ah yes, people usually don't play with fanart, its just a fanart.
    How is that a metric for anything?

You won't find many fanart of Blood Elf and Human Monks compared to fanart of Pandaren Monks, yet they are still highly popular and more played than the individual Pandaren Monks of each faction. Fanart is not a metric of popularity.

Fanart is fanart.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-28 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of Dungeons and Dragons is subject to change at any time by the DM and players.

The information in the books are guidelines, not really hard rules.

Debating anything in D&D as "but this is what the book says" is a failed stance from the get go.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I have no doubt this movie will be a cringe-fest and misses all it's intended marks, but man....there's a MIMIC in this movie!!!!
    For all we know, EVERYTHING in this movie is a mimic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For all we know, EVERYTHING in this movie is a mimic!
    The DVD OF the movie is Mimic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    All of Dungeons and Dragons is subject to change at any time by the DM and players.

The information in the books are guidelines, not really hard rules.

Debating anything in D&D as "but this is what the book says" is a failed stance from the get go.
    It's way sadder than that, it's a "my opinion is right" cringefest.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It's way sadder than that, it's a "my opinion is right" cringefest.
    I guess you aren't wrong lol. Folks with social issues (which D&D has a reputation of attracting) wouldn't amicably agree to disagree lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    How is that a metric for anything?

You won't find many fanart of Blood Elf and Human Monks compared to fanart of Pandaren Monks, yet they are still highly popular and more played than the individual Pandaren Monks of each faction. Fanart is not a metric of popularity.

Fanart is fanart.
    its funny that you are trying to comapre the mmo with the tabletop

And bs that you won't find fanart about then, the very first image i find about "wow monk" is a blood elf, good try mate

This thread is a living stereotype of D&D players.

1). This trailer looks cool, finally maybe a good D&D movie.

2) This trailer would be cool but Druids can’t change into Owlbears unless they are way higher level.

3). Forget the owlbear, that Tiefling is so not lore friendly. Dude, get your flipping editions straight 5e noob. Editions 2 and 3 are the original real Tiefling.

4). Forget which edition, either way the horns are don’t come off the top of the head they come off the forehead so it’s still crap work being faithful to the source material.

5) So on and so forth.

I'd assumed this movie would be terrible when I first heard about it, but now that we have the trailer it looks good.

I don't care if it's not entirely accurate to the rules, that kind of pedantic rules lawyering won't have any impact on how much I enjoy the movie. I'm pleasantly surprised so far and hope it's good.

its funny that you are trying to comapre the mmo with the tabletop

And bs that you won't find fanart about then, the very first image i find about "wow monk" is a blood elf, good try mate
    And you can find a Blue Tiefling when you google Tieflings. Isn't your argument that the more common depiction = more popular? Well, are you seeing more Blood Elf monks there than Pandaren? Didn't think so.

I mean if google searches are measurements of popularity, then all those Morbius memes must mean the movie was hella popular right? It's Morbin' time!

Not sure why this thread basically turned into 8 pages of arguing about tieflings but here's my contribution since I love tieflings.

I despise 4e's homogenization of tieflings being one distinct race stemming from asmodeus, they admit others exist but they aren't really talked about beyond being options on a sheet and all official depictions after 4e have very similar and very exaggerated fiendish features of the asmodeus bloodline, which makes them look more fiendish then literal half demons.

For tieflings I will always stick to 3.5e

"Many tieflings are indistinguishable from humans. Others have small horns, pointed teeth, red eyes, a whiff of brimstone about them, or even cloven feet. No two tieflings are the same."

So the one in the movie is perfectly fine by me.

7+ Year Old Account
    And you can find a Blue Tiefling when you google Tieflings. Isn't your argument that the more common depiction = more popular? Well, are you seeing more Blood Elf monks there than Pandaren? Didn't think so.
    Yes, because red is more common and popular than blue

Again, your comparison is a fail one, there is a difference in fanart and peopl drawing commission their own character.

Since you want to stick with this dead argument, now count for me, how many human skinned tieflings you find, compared to the red/purple/blue ones?

yeah m8, the red tiefling(and others), are way more common and popular, you are wrong either way

I mean if google searches are measurements of popularity, then all those Morbius memes must mean the movie was hella popular right? It's Morbin' time!
    Bad popularity still is popularity. Popularity does not equal quality all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Not sure why this thread basically turned into 8 pages of arguing about tieflings but here's my contribution since I love tieflings.
    Because people start bitching about me saying it would be better to put a more common tiefling in the screen, meaning, with more strong devilish features, like different skin, and i suggest red.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played D&D but it kinda interests me, so I'll probably end up watching it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Because people start bitching about me saying it would be better to put a more common tiefling in the screen, meaning, with more strong devilish features, like different skin, and i suggest red.
    Nope. That's not how you started this.

What you said was that the character didn't even look like a tiefling because she didn't have tiefling features. You're just flat out wrong about that, which is what others have been pointing out. If all you'd said was "I kinda wish they'd gone with a different design", this thread would probably be about 7 pages shorter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Nope. That's not how you started this.
    That was literally what i said, very first post:

even the supposed tiefling look like a human with horns, (although the 5e corebook says tieflings with human skin colors are a possibility, the eyes aren't, and overall tieflings are well know for their red-color)they prob wanted to play safe without someone with different skin colors to put off the audience who is not a fan, but end up rly disappointing, at least some tan or dark skin would be much better..
    its going on 7 pages because its too hard to read when people here just want to argue for the sake of argue

That was literally what i said, very first post:

its going on 7 pages because its too hard to read when people here just want to argue for the sake of argue
    Then like, 2 posts later...

...she have no demonic characteristics whatsoever

...they should however, look like they have some devil-ish features, this one doesn't.
    That was when you started trying to argue about what features a tiefling SHOULD have by only using a narrow description and ignoring older established lore and newer, popular examples.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Then like, 2 posts later...

That was when you started trying to argue about what features a tiefling SHOULD have by only using a narrow description and ignoring older established lore and newer, popular examples.
    Thats because, like i said, people start to bitch about what i think they should have, and start making up stuff.

in my eyes, she doesn't, its just a satyr and/or druid stuff, period.