The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Cotton: I would urge every House Republican after this double cross not to support that $250 billion bill on semiconductors

Republicans are really letting "the cat out of the bag" here. They are crying that Manchin is not with them, not part of the team. McConnell, Kennedy and a couple others have stated the same. Then they go own they will deliberately sabotage other bills. I believe some say this is why the Burning Pit died for Vets.

Susan Collins tells
    NicholsonInDC
    that same-sex marriage bill may be doomed now bc of what Dems did on the inflation reduction bill

This is laughable and OMGoodness Collins is the bet con artist of all. While it doesn't stand a chance, Collins is hiding behind this as a way not to vote.
    It's really difficult for me to really give a fuck about Republican Fee-fees after the way they've been shitting out their rhetoric the last decade, I'm going to be honest. If they want to throw a fucking tantrum, because Schumer finally had the balls to do the exact same shit McConnel would've done, and threaten our national security in the process - because Semiconductor production -is- a matter of national security - then I guess that's their prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Schumer refused to schedule a vote on amendments to the bill (funding through regular appropriations or mandatory spending), so a couple key Republicans withdrew support.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/28/polit...ion/index.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bn8G9iL5SQ

Schumer intends to bring it up again Monday.
    Uhuh, that's why they did it, and not because they're corrupt cowards that love to use the military to get support, but in reality couldn't give two shits about them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ought-00048654

Wait, Is Biden a Better President Than People Thought?
    Politico writers are in shambles, lol.

Here’s tedcruz
    fist-bumping fellow Republicans after blocking a bill to help veterans exposed to toxic burn pits.

Blocking legislation to help the vets to own the Libs.

Here is the problem. Just as with cops, our idiot voters are so brainwashed that GOP sucks off the military harder than the Dems. Yet this is a super middle finger to any vet suffering. Yet, you think anyone will ever hold the Republicans responsible for this?

If Schumer puts this bill back on and these assholes then pass it, I still say "piss off to you". Honestly if the Republicans knew it would be brought up again so this just did for theatre, now if I was Schumer I would add some serious shit to it.

But wait, that sounds like some hypocrisy of bashing Republicans but now making the Dems politicize this. Yes. The reason is that this will not change anyone politically to the Dems that they actually helped the military.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Here’s tedcruz
    fist-bumping fellow Republicans after blocking a bill to help veterans exposed to toxic burn pits.

Blocking legislation to help the vets to own the Libs.

Here is the problem. Just as with cops, our idiot voters are so brainwashed that GOP sucks off the military harder than the Dems. Yet this is a super middle finger to any vet suffering. Yet, you think anyone will ever hold the Republicans responsible for this?

If Schumer puts this bill back on and these assholes then pass it, I still say "piss off to you". Honestly if the Republicans knew it would be brought up again so this just did for theatre, now if I was Schumer I would add some serious shit to it.

But wait, that sounds like some hypocrisy of bashing Republicans but now making the Dems politicize this. Yes. The reason is that this will not change anyone politically to the Dems that they actually helped the military.
    Huh, I thought that Republicans really liked the bill and just opposed the funding of it. Seems a weird thing to celebrate over.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Huh, I thought that Republicans really liked the bill and just opposed the funding of it. Seems a weird thing to celebrate over.
    Is this snark? Sorry I don't get the comment above.

“That’s simply not true. Don’t take my word for it. Go to
    http://Congress.gov. The text of the bill has not been changed.” —
    JonStewart
    on
    FoxNews
    dismantling Republican Senator Pat Toomey’s talking point that a budget gimmick was snuck into the PACT Act at the last minute.
    So are you speaking on the Republicans lying that this was going to be some flush fund they to withdraw from?

Is this what you are talking about? https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...nate-bill/3373

I quickly read it and admit I might have missed in and the way the language is.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Is this snark? Sorry I don't get the comment above.

[URL="https://twitter.com/TheProblem/status/1553035302872272897?s=20&t=vNQovQ6TcU7JYtOwc2z4yw"]

So are you speaking on the Republicans lying that this was going to be some flush fund they to withdraw from?

Is this what you are talking about? https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...nate-bill/3373

I quickly read it and admit I might have missed in and the way the language is.
    Yes, it's snark.

Yes, it's snark.
    Apologies.

But yes, to give more info to story for people who think that some secret slush fund or amendment added and that's why or the reason Republicans should vote no, is debunked.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...rs-oz-00048747

Good news for Democratic hopes in the Senate: Carpetbagger Mehmet Oz's PA Senate campaign is apparently going very poorly and the party is expecting him to lose the race.

The VA spent ~$234 billion in 2021, almost doubling from a decade earlier. Is there any degree of spending on Veteran's Affairs that would suffice, or is ever voting against further appropriations automatically a bad vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The VA spent ~$234 billion in 2021, almost doubling from a decade earlier. Is there any degree of spending on Veteran's Affairs that would suffice, or is ever voting against further appropriations automatically a bad vote?
    Don’t want to spend money on the VA? Don’t start two fucking wars. The number of veterans with severe disabilities has been steadily increasing since 2002 and make up the largest portion of vets.

The GOP started those two wars and now they don’t want to pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not hearing a “this is how we fund the bill to pass it” suggestions from republicans, I hear a “the democrats punked us and now we’re angry, so we’re not passing the bill, period” from them. They aren’t interested in dialogue or helping veterans, they’re interested in partisan politics.

As such, any supposed “concerns about the budget” coming from conservatives can safely be ignored.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Problems within the VA should not prevent passing legislation and appropriating funding to address critical health care challenges faced by our veterans after deployment. Period.

Figure out how to modernize the VA and improve efficiency by all means, but this is big, "The US government can't walk and chew gum at the same time." energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Don’t want to spend money on the VA? Don’t start two fucking wars. The number of veterans with severe disabilities has been steadily increasing since 2002 and make up the largest portion of vets.

The GOP started those two wars and now they don’t want to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I’m not hearing a “this is how we fund the bill to pass it” suggestions from republicans, I hear a “the democrats punked us and now we’re angry, so we’re not passing the bill, period” from them. They aren’t interested in dialogue or helping veterans, they’re interested in partisan politics.

As such, any supposed “concerns about the budget” coming from conservatives can safely be ignored.
    Problems within the VA should not prevent passing legislation and appropriating funding to address critical health care challenges faced by our veterans after deployment. Period.

Figure out how to modernize the VA and improve efficiency by all means, but this is big, "The US government can't walk and chew gum at the same time." energy.
    Agreed that the Republicans in Congress are petty morons and the wars were pointless and expensive.

I haven't seen a demonstration that this specific issue requires additional appropriations beyond the massive amounts that are already being poured in.

Agreed that the Republicans in Congress are petty morons and the wars were pointless and expensive.

I haven't seen a demonstration that this specific issue requires additional appropriations beyond the massive amounts that are already being poured in.
    https://www.militarytimes.com/vetera...ns-block-plan/

For veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the bill would establish a presumption of service connection for 23 respiratory illnesses and cancers related to the smoke from burn pits, used extensively in those war zones to dispose of various types of waste, many of them toxic.

The bill also provides for new benefits for veterans who faced radiation exposure during deployments throughout the Cold War; adds hypertension and monoclonal gammopathy to the list of illnesses linked to Agent Orange exposure in the Vietnam War; expands the timeline for Gulf War medical claims; and requires new medical exams for all veterans with toxic exposure claims.

Veterans who served in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Guam during the Vietnam War-era would be covered for the first time under the same Agent Orange presumptive policies as those who served in Vietnam itself.
    Provides additional funding to cover the costs of new treatments that are not currently being covered by existing laws and appropriations.

Again, the waste that's going on now is a problem that needs to be resolved. But not doing anything to continue to help underserved veterans in need of care until that's done isn't reasonable, either. I have no problems seeing my tax bill go up to help fund this, and I don't even support these stupid fuckin wars. I just support the veterans who are suffering because the country sent them to a stupid fucking war and isn't living up to our obligations to provide care for them following injuries they suffered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine that, having a lot of veterans means a lot of spending on the VA.

Who would have thunk it.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.militarytimes.com/vetera...ns-block-plan/

Provides additional funding to cover the costs of new treatments that are not currently being covered by existing laws and appropriations.

Again, the waste that's going on now is a problem that needs to be resolved. But not doing anything to continue to help underserved veterans in need of care until that's done isn't reasonable, either. I have no problems seeing my tax bill go up to help fund this, and I don't even support these stupid fuckin wars. I just support the veterans who are suffering because the country sent them to a stupid fucking war and isn't living up to our obligations to provide care for them following injuries they suffered.
    Place your bets on the next time the Republicunts have power they'll pass this and sing Hosannas on the highest about their good works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Place your bets on the next time the Republicunts have power they'll pass this and sing Hosannas on the highest about their good works.
    I mean, literally earlier before they voted this down Republicans were at an event helping put together care packages for soldiers with the USO.

https://twitter.com/SenRickScott/sta...14341198188546

And touting their support for the military.

Veterans of the past 2 decades of war aging. Bunch of wars in the 80s and 90s that led to wartime injuries that you remember? Pretty sure there was the gulf war, which lasted less than 7 months, and that spat in the baltics, which lasted less than 3 months. How many veterans do you think were injured in a total of less than 10 months of war? Less than 20 years of war I'm guessing? Who knew that spending on injured veterans would increase when there are more veterans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..