if its not warrior talents im gonna kermit the frog off a rooftop

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Normal mode is tryhard now?

Umm....
    Anything that's not random que is considered tryhard for some reason. There's many normal groups that don't require any achievements of any kind, and I'll guarantee you most of these groups do way better than the usual LFR groups.

Umm....
    The point is why restrict it

The blue post response mentioned the moose runs but for those you needed one boss while this requires 30 on a weekly rotation

A more accurate comparison would be the 15th anniversary mount which was lfr

Umm....
    No, but I meant it was more of a tonal miss. They've gone on about how this was just an experimental season. Just seems weird in turn when everything is more lax to make normal a requirement for arbitrary reasons. Especially when they've had months now to clarify this issue.

The cynical side of me definitely thinks they waited to maximize sub extensions and future token sales. But I am not willing to derail this thread with that discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Anything that's not random que is considered tryhard for some reason. There's many normal groups that don't require any achievements of any kind, and I'll guarantee you most of these groups do way better than the usual LFR groups.
    I think that's absolutely true. But that's not the problem.
    Not everyone can slot enough time to do a full raid. Which means you'll have to find another group that starts at a different point. None of these raids is particularly small. Unless it is pathetically easy, it will still take a couple of hours or more to run per raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Looks like they turned it into a regular mount.

In the long run this is a positive: we can actually keep using it after Dragonflight. All Dragonriding mounts are forever bound to Dragon Isles only.

Maybe they are experimenting with getting more people to raid at least normal mode? Is that so out there in left field? Also what do sub extensions have to with anything? The 'gating' aspect of this is the exact same, as you would need to wait for each raid to be fated regardless if it was LFR or normal...

I don't get the genuine negativity towards having to do normal vs lfr. The experience in a normal run is 9/10 times going to be more fun and positive for the player than LFR ever was or would be. And it's not like normal is hard or anything, ESPECIALLY since these raids are the NERFED versions of them and the affixes are basically buffs to make it even easier.
    They've tried that for over a decade now, have they not? And I imagine its never worked. I don't know why slime cat would be different.

And yes, they announced the change right after they released a six month mount so very plausible that was one of the reason

On a personal level, I have no issues doing normal raids. Although I mostly do M+ these days. I have met plenty of people who just don't enjoy trying to PUG due to their own social anxieties. People can have their opinions at that as they will, but it seems weird to alienate those people over a purely cosmetic reward that had zero prestige in the community prior to the announcement it was normal+ reward only a day ago.

At the end of the day, its hard for me to rationalize this decision as anything less than scummy. And coming from a terrible expansion where Blizzard should be happy to have people even still subbed, its just all around a poor choice imo.

You want to play a MMORPG, but you can't even set aside 2 hours a week for something that you want?
    Not trying to judge, but that sounds like a time management thing. And even so, there are ALWAYS pugs that are half-way through the raid almost at any point I ever search LFG for something, so if you can only do the first 4 at one sitting, then look (or make one? gasp!) a pug that is where you left off..
    A lot of people cannot set aside several UNINTERRUPTED hours per week, yes.

I mean I feel weird here I feel like Im in a position where I'm defending Blizz..Yeah they are scummy as shit and yeah I don't have high (or much of any) expectations from them, but I just don't see how you can tie this random in-game mount that you get for beating the new raids as some ploy to boost the 6mo sub sales..
    I would have zero issue with it if it wasn't already in the game file on live added it 9.2.5 which says you can get the achieve on ANY difficulty.

The amount of reaching you are doing to get there is a bit much. The time requirement is the exact same should it be LFR or mythic raiding it has zero to do with the sub.
    Umm. Not what I was referring to at all. Lets just pretend they clarified that slime cat would be normal + only back in June before the 6 month sub for the Greatwyrm was announced, do you think its plausible that less people would of renewed? If yes, then you agree with me.

Also if you all are really scared of trying to pug a normal (which will be piss easy) feel free to DM me here and we can exchange Bnets I run an AOTC guild I can get you in on a clear for free at some point if it would otherwise mean you can't get it on your own.
    Already explained my concern is not for myself. I tank pugs on M+ which is way worse than anything you will endure pugging a normal raid. But please feel free to be to kind to LFR players who feel left out. If the community were more like that then these things would be complete non-issues

Assuming they don't change it to include LFR as well that is
    And quite honestly, I think they probably will at the last cycle of fated raids before DF launches. But again that's just my cynicism speaking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

In the long run this is a positive: we can actually keep using it after Dragonflight. All Dragonriding mounts are forever bound to Dragon Isles only.
    Yeah, totally, just as Artifact weapons could never be used for transmog and were legion content only weapons. Wait a minute ...

But honestly, they prolly just removed that stuff because they either want to hide their "surprise 5th dragonflight mount that you can unlock with the campaign that's hidden and not playable on alpha" or simply not needed for the mount (the awesome sitting animation for example, no other mount can do that so there is sadly no reason to have it on the player mount).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Calm your shit, jesus.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Do we know the latter part of your post for certain?

That appears like such a strange technical limitation when I would assume its just the matter of slapping on a very generic animation to DR mounts.

I fully expect we will get a duplicate of the Dragon Riding mounts that functions like a normal flying mount.

Maybe you haven't been reading correctly in regards to interviews, but they're not forever bound to the Dragon Isles, and there was CLEARLY customization and whatnot planned for the Serpent.

To do this would be to ruin the uniqueness of having a 5th, badass max lvl Serpent Dragonriding mount.

And NOW they are nerfing Soar to the ground. Seems Bobby saw WoW players were starting to have fun again...

Fuck ass Blizzard.
    Dragonridign and the Dragonriding mounts are and will only be available in the Dragon Isles. The Soar nerf further affirms this.

- - - Updated - - -

This shit like "them making it a normal mount is a positive" is a stupid fucking argument considering we'll only be UTILIZING DRAGONRIDING throughout the Dragon Isles, which is our current content and is the whole point of us adventuring and navigating through the expac.
    Turning it into normal mount means we can use it elsewhere and in the expansion after Dragonflight, unlike the Dragonriding mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, totally, just as Artifact weapons could never be used for transmog and were legion content only weapons. Wait a minute ...

But honestly, they prolly just removed that stuff because they either want to hide their "surprise 5th dragonflight mount that you can unlock with the campaign that's hidden and not playable on alpha" or simply not needed for the mount (the awesome sitting animation for example, no other mount can do that so there is sadly no reason to have it on the player mount).
    The mount had dragonriding animations.

They remove every single on of them, and replaced them with normal flying (swimming) animations, turning it into normal mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Do we know the latter part of your post for certain?

That appears like such a strange technical limitation when I would assume its just the matter of slapping on a very generic animation to DR mounts.
    Considerign the amount of spaghetti code the game, I have no doubt it is sincerely technically impossible for one mount have two different flight behaviours, even more so if/when normal flying is unlocked for Dragon Isles.

Honestly, the 5th dragon debacle clearly highlights why datamining is fucking toxic to WoW.

Alpha is pretty well enjoyed and liked, someone datamines a new dragonriding dragon. People love it, and then it gets removed, despite Blizz never mentioning this dragon or confirming its existence.

Maybe we need to get rid of datamining if the fanbase acts like this over the smallest things?

To encourage people forming groups I imagine
    They tried that in WoD with the separate lfr gear and it didn't work

some of my own ideas, basically add deeper customization like the mount is getting.

More colors, each prime dragonflight color(s) should be represented on both main and secondary and maybe even belly color.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Anyone hyping themselves up over an unannounced 5th dragonriding dragon when Blizzard hasn't said anything about it (and, like I said, even in news posts about it within the last day or two, still talking about only four) only have themselves to blame for any disappointment.

And again, I'd expect something in future patches anyway. We've seen there's some patch content in the files already. More dragons seems likely.

Considerign the amount of spaghetti code the game, I have no doubt it is sincerely technically impossible for one mount have two different flight behaviours, even more so if/when normal flying is unlocked for Dragon Isles.
    Aka you're just talking out your butt, because you don't actually know anything about any of what you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    They tried that in WoD with the separate lfr gear and it didn't work
    The HFC LFR leather set actually looks good, but LFR is too much of a mental and physical pain to do so I never bothered to get it.