7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Honestly, the 5th dragon debacle clearly highlights why datamining is fucking toxic to WoW.

Alpha is pretty well enjoyed and liked, someone datamines a new dragonriding dragon. People love it, and then it gets removed, despite Blizz never mentioning this dragon or confirming its existence.

Maybe we need to get rid of datamining if the fanbase acts like this over the smallest things?
    But the thing is, the serpent dragon does exist in the data. There is no need to "confirm its existence" if it's there lol. It's prolly just stuff that's supposed to be hidden though, similiar to the slime kitty this season, or the dark ranger stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Anyone hyping themselves up over an unannounced 5th dragonriding dragon when Blizzard hasn't said anything about it (and, like I said, even in news posts about it within the last day or two, still talking about only four) only have themselves to blame for any disappointment.

And again, I'd expect something in future patches anyway. We've seen there's some patch content in the files already. More dragons seems likely.
    Even the recent bluepost said " throughout your leveling experience, you’ll earn four different Dragon Isles Drakes". That doesn't mean we won't get any further dragonriding mounts via max level content. Actually, the gladiator mount is supposed to be usable for dragonriding aswell so that's already another confirmation that we will get more than these 4. And again, the serpent mount with the same amount of customization as the other ones currently have was already datamined. It exists, it looks good, it's not a placeholder, and we will get it. It's just something that prolly was supposed to be encrypted.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    some of my own ideas, basically add deeper customization like the mount is getting.

More colors, each prime dragonflight color(s) should be represented on both main and secondary and maybe even belly color.
    So a thread with 2 lines now counts as "ideas"? Is this the new mmo champion? "I don't get enough attention people! Please read my thread, I need to post this for validation!"

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone hyping themselves up over an unannounced 5th dragonriding dragon when Blizzard hasn't said anything about it (and, like I said, even in news posts about it within the last day or two, still talking about only four) only have themselves to blame for any disappointment.

And again, I'd expect something in future patches anyway. We've seen there's some patch content in the files already. More dragons seems likely.
    Don't worry, they'll still blame Blizzard for it. Headcanon = fact. When Blizzard doesn't work with your headcanon? It's blizzard at fault!

That's this topic summarized.

7+ Year Old Account
    In other news, the velocidrake currently has one more colour tint than the protodrake which gives me hope that we won't be stuck with "just six colours per mount". More variation is always good, imo we should get the same tints that dracthyr currently have for our drakes!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account

It's a functional and very beautiful mount that people clearly want, whatever Blizzards intention is with it having people talk about it is the only real way to get them to implement it sooner or later.

God forbid people might be upset that something that good looking, with that much effort put into it, might get scrapped.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's a functional and very beautiful mount that people clearly want, whatever Blizzards intention is with it having people talk about it is the only real way to get them to implement it sooner or later.

God forbid people might be upset that something that good looking, with that much effort put into it, might get scrapped.
    Aah yes. Data mjning is a conspiracy to get people to talk about it. Thanks for proving my point that headcanon failures will be blamed on Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Aah yes. Data mjning is a conspiracy to get people to talk about it. Thanks for proving my point that headcanon failures will be blamed on Blizzard.
    I don't know where the sudden idea that the mount is scrapped comes from? It was obviously either end game or patch content (and both is currently not available on the alpha). Stop spreading panic and negative mood ffs.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I don't know where the sudden idea that the mount is scrapped comes from? It was obviously either end game or patch content (and both is currently not available on the alpha). Stop spreading panic and negative mood ffs.
    Or it's nothing. It was a test, did not work, was never meant to be added or seen and you are making mountains out of molehills. Panic? because a mount no one ever promised us or even talked about might not be added if it turns out it cannot work and you just saw it cause you checked datamining? Negative mood? Is negative mood telling people something maybe was not meant to be in game and NOT talking about your fantasies of future content and how everyone who disagrees is bad for it? The cognitive dissonance is too much. Solipsism really is the religion of the internet age.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or it's nothing. It was a test, did not work, was never meant to be added or seen and you are making mountains out of molehills. Panic? because a mount no one ever promised us or even talked about might not be added if it turns out it cannot work and you just saw it cause you checked datamining? Negative mood? Is negative mood telling people something maybe was not meant to be in game and NOT talking about your fantasies of future content and how everyone who disagrees is bad for it? The cognitive dissonance is too much. Solipsism really is the religion of the internet age.
    Dude, it's an already finished HD mount with lots of dragonriding customizations available and in the database. They are obviously not scrapping it.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Dude, it's an already finished HD mount with lots of dragonriding customizations available and in the database. They are obviously not scrapping it.
    You cannot scrap something that isn't on the table . . .

7+ Year Old Account
    You cannot scrap something that isn't on the table . . .
    It is in the game files and done (so no placeholder stuff) lol. When was the last time they scrapped a mount that wasn't a recolour? WoD? Don't be stupid.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-30 at 09:03 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    . Data mjning is a conspiracy to get people to talk about it.
    I don't know what that's supposed to be mean.

There is a mount in the game files.
    From the looks of it, its on the same lvl of doneness as the other mounts.
    It's not mentioned anywhere officially and they recently removed most of its animation set.
    It looks cool.
    People want it.

It could be potentially scrapped, how can we communicate to Blizzard that that shouldn't happen? By telling Blizzard that we want it.
    How do we do that? By talking about it.

How is that conspiratorial?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-07-30 at 09:06 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

It is in the game files and done (so no placeholder stuff) lol. When was the last time they scrapped a mount that wasn't a recolour? WoD? Don't be stupid.
    ??? They have scrapped entire zones that are in the files with extensive detail. They've had mounts stay in the data for years before they find a use for them.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-07-30 at 09:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like lol, this is no different than any other mount, item, set etc. that's collecting dust in the game files.
    People are begging for those to be used all the time, how is this talking about this particular mount any different?

Formerly known as Arafal

I don't know what that's supposed to be mean.

There is a mount in the game files.
    From the looks of it, its on the same lvl of doneness as the other mounts.
    It's not mentioned anywhere officially and they recently removed most of its animation set.
    It looks cool.
    People want it.

It could be potentially scrapped, how can we communicate to Blizzard that that shouldn't happen? By telling Blizzard that we want it.
    How do we do that? By talking about it.

How is that conspiratorial?
    Given that we get one per zone so far and that the ones we have gotten are also models that are used in game for NPCs etc. we might get the cloud serpent down the line if a patch zone features similar looking dragons. We can probably exclude the first patch zone since that type of dragon really does not fit the underground (they could feature something like a wurm/purple dragon)

7+ Year Old Account
    ??? They have scrapped entire zones that are in the files with extensive detail. They've had mounts stay in the data for years before they find a use for them.
    Show me the "scrapped zones with extensive details" they scrapped in the last 2 expansions (and no, the N'Zoth thing won't count because that was barely a placeholder zone lol). Also, please show me a mount from Shadowlands or BfA that was new (not a recolour) that was never used?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Like lol, this is no different than any other mount, item, set etc. that's collecting dust in the game files.
    People are begging for those to be used all the time, how is this talking about this particular mount any different?
    I think it's problematic that they cannot even experiment without disappointing people because of datamining.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's problematic that they cannot even experiment without disappointing people because of datamining.
    You experiment with placeholders. You don't create a mount aswell as the same amount of customization options as all the other dragonriding mounts and than scrapp it. Again, your thinking makes 0 sense.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Whoop its possibly a new cash shop mount

7+ Year Old Account
    Given that we get one per zone so far and that the ones we have gotten are also models that are used in game for NPCs etc. we might get the cloud serpent down the line if a patch zone features similar looking dragons. We can probably exclude the first patch zone since that type of dragon really does not fit the underground (they could feature something like a wurm/purple dragon)
    Actually, the serpent drakes look like (winged) cave dragons, so they would fit quite well for an underground zone.

Example of a cave dragon from GW:

Also, real life "cave dragons" are also snake-like:

Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-30 at 09:27 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

That dragon is probably for the Year of the Dragon 6 month sub.