Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It's almost like they "fixed" it in a stupid ass way and caused more problems.
    It's almost like this is a nearly 20 year old game with literally billions of moving parts where changing one line of code can mess up something on the other side of the world with absolutely no obvious link as to how they were related... oh wait. A good example of this is I'm still trying to figure out why my handynotes addon prevents me from upgrading gear or setting guild notes. Not officer notes, just guild notes.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Why? I love GDKP runs. I bring my geared alts to them as a carrier and make tons from those runs. Even my Alt's alts have epic flight due to those.
    If you cant see why GDKP is a problem, then your part of the problem. No boosting should be in classic versions of wow. At least not as organized as it has become.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    theres still going to be rampant gold buying/selling because of gdkp. i get the feeling that a large amount of gdkp being led by china gold farmers; I have seen some gdkp get pissed because the buyers weren't spending enough gold in their eyes, then there would be warriors bidding 3x the current bid on mage gear then mage gets told to bid or get kicked. its outright extortion. china gold farmer don't make enough gold selling gdkp to feed their family so they artificially increase bid prices.
    lmao this literally never happens imagine making shit up. Literally no decent gdkp allows people to bid up others. You can't really do anything about it if the person could actually use the gear and it's less obvious but they're not going to let a warrior bid on mage gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    If you cant see why GDKP is a problem, then your part of the problem. No boosting should be in classic versions of wow. At least not as organized as it has become.
    Nothing stops you from finding other wholesome, organic people to do the content as you think it should be done.
    Your problem is exactly the same as the problem the wilfully unwilling players have in retail:
    They need players that are more skilled, better organized, have better social skills to carry them and organize raids for them.

GDKP is the best thing for players that respect the time and effort of their fellow player:
    - Those that need the gear get the gear
    - Those that carry get rewarded for their time and effort
    - Those that need a carry pay for time and effort that better players than they put in.

The only ones that complain about GDKP are:
    - abusive GMs and their sycophants
    - wilfully unwilling players that feel entitled to be carried

Not all gdkps are necessarily "boosting" people. Either way what does it matter to you? Join a guild, get geared up then do some gdkps to make gold. You act as if there some barrier to entering gdkps that isn't equal for everyone.

And f*ck them, its good blizzard took action on this stance. Next up they need to ban GDKP - There are now more boosting in classic wow than on gut damn retail I bet. Its toxic and no boosting should be in classic wow.
    Big agree on the boosting, as someone who has abused it many times just cuz of how insanely efficient it is, I'd much rather level normally and not feel like im wasting my time. GDKP is up to the players, and blizzard changing their policy on people buying gold to stop that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    boosting is bad because there is no legitimate way to get the gold to afford the boosts of the gdkps. also the more people that rapid boost to 70 thes less people there are to do the leveling content. my mage didn't do any dungeons at all until i hit outland because what's the point of running low dungeons as a group when you can get carried thru and have all the drops to yourself in 10 minutes?
    ofc there is legit ways to get the gold, what are you even saying?

although with the AH not being functional for 18 hours a day on big servers, its pretty god damn rough, but outside of that its no issue. plenty of ppl I know just grinded their gold from Stratholm or Dark rune farming.

if u just did ur 25 daily quests on a few characters everyday you would be making 25*11g per day per char, and its pretty easy to do multiple chars at once if u have more than 1 account, most of the quests have shared objectives.
    thats 275 raw gold per day + drops per char
    or 1925 gold per week, per char + drops, with all the greys and greens and motes, its usually about 50% of the quest rewards ontop.

like just doing ur daily quests is pretty god damn low effort, and u could afford stuff like big KJ items in 1 week with that with 2-3 chars from a GDKP.

you're just delusional son.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    lmao this literally never happens imagine making shit up. Literally no decent gdkp allows people to bid up others. You can't really do anything about it if the person could actually use the gear and it's less obvious but they're not going to let a warrior bid on mage gear.
    check out the gdkp runson Pagle US alliance side. yes it happens. hes its cause the people running it are bidding stuff up over alrady rediculous starting prices. example being. every hour or so there are TK trash farm gdkp being sold. 3 minute resets. 500/1k bids on armor 1k/2k min on weapons and motes are hard sell at 500g min bid. and this is all day. MAG GRUUL GDKP tier4 tokens 500 min bid 2k HR weapons 1k min bid 3k HR DST 5k min bid 15k HR

and this is the raiding scene on pagle. who has that kind of gold without buying it or hosting teh gdkps that sell the runs. ive been on pagle since it opened and have maxxed professions and im not making that kind of money. i dont even have epic flight on a toon yet. there is no legit way to makethe gold that is needed for big time bidding on GDKP runs. you will not convince me that kind of gold is farmable each week. not even nolifing it and playing the AH bid game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Nothing stops you from finding other wholesome, organic people to do the content as you think it should be done.
    Your problem is exactly the same as the problem the wilfully unwilling players have in retail:
    They need players that are more skilled, better organized, have better social skills to carry them and organize raids for them.

GDKP is the best thing for players that respect the time and effort of their fellow player:
    - Those that need the gear get the gear
    - Those that carry get rewarded for their time and effort
    - Those that need a carry pay for time and effort that better players than they put in.

The only ones that complain about GDKP are:
    - abusive GMs and their sycophants
    - wilfully unwilling players that feel entitled to be carried
    there is plenty stopping some people. smaller guild cant rill a 25 man pug due to most people running in GDKP. tanks arent doing regular raids because they get paid to do gdkp healers dont come to regular raiding because htey get paid to join a gdkp. my guild lost its main tank and 2 of our healers becuase they were getting paid to do GDKP every week. regular play for demand characters has no incentive when GDKP pays better. and that locks out people who want to do content as dps either because thats what they like to play or its an alt that needs gear. for a lot of people it has nothing to do with wanting a carry. if we wanted a carry we would go to a gdkp where gear and skill arent required. have gold will sit afk is all you ned unless you are a PUMPER or TANK or HEALER that wants to make bank

dont mind teh caps thats how they advertise in trade. all damn day
    every day
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

there is plenty stopping some people. smaller guild cant rill a 25 man pug due to most people running in GDKP. tanks arent doing regular raids because they get paid to do gdkp healers dont come to regular raiding because htey get paid to join a gdkp. my guild lost its main tank and 2 of our healers becuase they were getting paid to do GDKP every week. regular play for demand characters has no incentive when GDKP pays better. and that locks out people who want to do content as dps either because thats what they like to play or its an alt that needs gear. for a lot of people it has nothing to do with wanting a carry. if we wanted a carry we would go to a gdkp where gear and skill arent required. have gold will sit afk is all you ned unless you are a PUMPER or TANK or HEALER that wants to make bank

every day
    If your tanks and healers prefer to play with others than with the guild they are in then it isn't the tanks and healers there is something wrong with, but with the guild. They enjoy the game more this way and you want to force them to have a worse in-game experience...

People that play dps or "off-meat-specs" have no God-given-right to have tanks and healers play with them.
    Your guild should reward those players that play roles that are in demand - tanks and healers - and then all your problems will go away.

check out the gdkp runson Pagle US alliance side. yes it happens. hes its cause the people running it are bidding stuff up over alrady rediculous starting prices. example being. every hour or so there are TK trash farm gdkp being sold. 3 minute resets. 500/1k bids on armor 1k/2k min on weapons and motes are hard sell at 500g min bid. and this is all day. MAG GRUUL GDKP tier4 tokens 500 min bid 2k HR weapons 1k min bid 3k HR DST 5k min bid 15k HR

and this is the raiding scene on pagle. who has that kind of gold without buying it or hosting teh gdkps that sell the runs. ive been on pagle since it opened and have maxxed professions and im not making that kind of money. i dont even have epic flight on a toon yet. there is no legit way to makethe gold that is needed for big time bidding on GDKP runs. you will not convince me that kind of gold is farmable each week. not even nolifing it and playing the AH bid game.

- - - Updated - - -

every day
    I'm in literally every single one of the biggest GDKPs that exist on Pagle and have personally ran some of them myself as well. I know for a 100% fact that such behavior does not occur in any of those runs.

Not a single gdkp has motes at 500g or no one would buy them, they're 250g on the AH lmao you're literally making shit up kid. People do put min bids on some old raid stuff because those are literally only for people to make gold while carrying fresh 70s.

Please tell me who you play on on Pagle. I need to know. If you're actually good I'll get you into a gdkp that has 5k+ payouts
    Last edited by TrollHunter3000; 2022-07-29 at 09:20 PM.

what server are you on? pagle is all gdkp these days and id gladly transfer to a server that isnt busted as shit

- - - Updated - - -
    I play on Gehennas (GDKP capital of europe) and there are plenty of SR runs, there are more GDKP runs of course but that's naturally because geared people want to get paid for boosting and people with gold don't want to lose loot to a /roll. This week alone I joined a TK and SSC SR run advertised in global, my guild ran a BT SR pug yesterday, followed that up with a Gruuls (DST HR to be fair) SR run, tuesday they are running a Hyjal SR run.

All open to pugs, who can also sign up to our SWP raids. Plenty of people in my guild run GDKP raids too but non GDKP runs are plentiful if you actually look about, check discords, keep an eye on LFG bullet board, I know loads of guilds that do SR runs weekly just filling up their last raid spots with pugs.

i dont even have epic flight on a toon yet. there is no legit way to makethe gold that is needed for big time bidding on GDKP runs
    Snip about the price of GDKP. I've ran with a GDKP guild on Gehennas. I bought tier 6 legs, shoulders, chest with them over a few resets and the most I paid I think was 1500g for the chest, might have been lower, the legs were like 900g, I pretty much broke even after payouts. Same guild I bought Sunmotes from them for 20% less than AH price at the time, I wasn't even part of the raid.

I'm aware there are dumb chancers running GDKP's selling items for stupid minimum bids, but the good runs are clearing a BT skip run in about an hour flat while carrying a few players and items are starting at 500g. They might charge you to detour and kill Bloodboil for example if you want to pre-buy an item, but the only items costing "BIG" gold are things like glaives and zhardoom. You join a SWP GDKP at this point and you can probably get tier tokens at minimum bid of like 500g, particularly bracers.

The gold buyer zone is for big items like legendaries and highly contested BIS.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2022-07-29 at 10:36 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Because most if not all of the buyers in those runs do it with bought gold. So you either farm for days, or pay money if you want gear.
    This is just straight up incorrect. Most people who buy something in a GDKP earned that gold through another run, or earned that gold through boosting/farming. You don't have to buy any gold to afford GDKPs.

Says the person who used your wrong in his flame reply...

Not all gdkps are necessarily "boosting" people. Either way what does it matter to you? Join a guild, get geared up then do some gdkps to make gold. You act as if there some barrier to entering gdkps that isn't equal for everyone.
    Jesus...join a guild yayayayadada, only answer you people can do, while classic wow continues to get more and more ruined.

Many, majority, dont want to be in a guilds fixed schedule on the easy, relaxed non-sweaty version of wow. We just wanna pug, and progress on our own merits.

GDKP is ruining classic wow, litterally toxic. RMT is everywhere, in a version where gear should mean more, but if gear comes brain dead like retail it takes away a huge part of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Says the person who used your wrong in his flame reply...
    huh? What you saying.

Log on, right now on a high pop classic realm and try find a pug that aint GDKP. The unique thing with classic is you can actually pug shit on your own time, set your own goals etc over time, but GDKP is now so big you can barely find normal SR pugs.

Christ, you people cant see you're turning classic into retail wow. AND BTW! Im a major AH player, prolly made like 75-100 million gold AH playing on retail, buying maany boosts over the years, but I would never want my playstyle on retail to be classic. Goes against everything classic wow is.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2022-07-30 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The gold buyer zone is for big items like legendaries and highly contested BIS.
    I think that's not really true, it's just the example where plausible deniability goes out the window.

Plethora of people also buy gold within the 5-15k range then join a GDKP to deck out their character, thing is that when someone bids 1k on an item, you can't really assume that they've bought gold.
    But still, gold bought via RMT is still RMT gold.

But within that range, it's difficult to assume that people bought gold, but it's also certainly something that is happening and not unreasonable, it's basically the "entry drug" in this instance.

Guildmates got banned for buying like 15k gold (only two week ban btw.).
    Another friend got banned because he joined a GDKP, likely because he received his payout via mail and the host was seemingly involved in some sketchy RMT business (and receiving gold from sketchy accounts tends to earn you a ban).
    Also was a rather meak payout of like ~500g, but still, also highlights that many of the people that host GDKP are in the business of goldselling.

You play on Gehennas EU, i can tell you there were people on Gehennas that hosted GDKP 24/7 because it's literally how they made a living.

Jesus...join a guild yayayayadada, only answer you people can do, while classic wow continues to get more and more ruined.

Many, majority, dont want to be in a guilds fixed schedule on the easy, relaxed non-sweaty version of wow. We just wanna pug, and progress on our own merits.

GDKP is ruining classic wow, litterally toxic. RMT is everywhere, in a version where gear should mean more, but if gear comes brain dead like retail it takes away a huge part of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

huh? What you saying.

Log on, right now on a high pop classic realm and try find a pug that aint GDKP. The unique thing with classic is you can actually pug shit on your own time, set your own goals etc over time, but GDKP is now so big you can barely find normal SR pugs.

Christ, you people cant see you're turning classic into retail wow. AND BTW! Im a major AH player, prolly made like 75-100 million gold AH playing on retail, buying maany boosts over the years, but I would never want my playstyle on retail to be classic. Goes against everything classic wow is.
    Isn't this literally the opposite of what people usually say about retail wow? It's dying because no social interaction etc.

No one has ever fucking just pugged their entire way raiding content outside of more organized runs like GDKPs you're in a fucking fantasy land.

I also just don't think people who are say "get rid of GDKPs" have put any thought into it at all. Seriously, how would you even do that? Sure, you could say it's against ToS to trade gold for gear dropped in raids but realistically how could that be enforced without limiting a bunch of other things in game?

If GDKPs were somehow just removed successfully, then you'd just be stuck in shatt with your thumb up your ass without a guild that you think you shouldn't need to join to do raid content and the only people clearing the raids would be those guilds.

Doesn't the majority playerbase decide what classic wow is? Seems like you're in the minority if this it the normal status quo

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm in literally every single one of the biggest GDKPs that exist on Pagle and have personally ran some of them myself as well. I know for a 100% fact that such behavior does not occur in any of those runs.

Not a single gdkp has motes at 500g or no one would buy them, they're 250g on the AH lmao you're literally making shit up kid. People do put min bids on some old raid stuff because those are literally only for people to make gold while carrying fresh 70s.

Please tell me who you play on on Pagle. I need to know. If you're actually good I'll get you into a gdkp that has 5k+ payouts
    toons on pagle stankmeener 80 hunter t4 gear. learned hunter pagle t4 gear and ill pass on teh gdkp. i have 500 gold spread across all my toons and im not going to waste it on items ill be replacing in a month.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

I also just don't think people who are say "get rid of GDKPs" have put any thought into it at all. Seriously, how would you even do that?
    I think most people would instantly disengage from any GDKP group because they could get banned for it.
    Similiarly, advertising for them trade chat would also go down as well as Server discords.

By that itself, the amount of GDKp would instantly decline massively because it would be treated like any activity that is against the ToS.
    Policing it also wouldn't too difficult to be frank, when you have an account that constantly keeps mailing people loads of gold, that instantly raises suspicion.
    One quick log review to see that said account constantly raids [current raid] and in those raids loot is just *being traded* to people without any word makes it pretty obvious on what is going on.

A big thing about GDKP and RMT is the fact neither the organizer nor the participants who didn't buy gold put their account on the line.
    The second that changes, people will become a lot less interested in them.

They would still happen of course, just as RMT does, but the their prevalence would certainly massively decline.
    If GDKPs were somehow just removed successfully, then you'd just be stuck in shatt with your thumb up your ass without a guild that you think you shouldn't need to join to do raid content and the only people clearing the raids would be those guilds.
    Bit overly dramatic, no?
    As if the entire existance of the Classic playerbase hinges on GDKP - GDKP wasn't arguably the most popular loot system in Classic itself and somehow the playerbase managed to make it into TBCC.
    Doesn't the majority playerbase decide what classic wow is? Seems like you're in the minority if this it the normal status quo
    By that logic, World buffs were a part of Classic, because most people engaged in them.
    I however think the common consensus is that Classic would've been better without them.

Isn't this literally the opposite of what people usually say about retail wow? It's dying because no social interaction etc.

No one has ever fucking just pugged their entire way raiding content outside of more organized runs like GDKPs you're in a fucking fantasy land.

I also just don't think people who are say "get rid of GDKPs" have put any thought into it at all. Seriously, how would you even do that? Sure, you could say it's against ToS to trade gold for gear dropped in raids but realistically how could that be enforced without limiting a bunch of other things in game?

Sad, just sad. So because something is popular in the community that means its a good thing? Also there were PLENTY of pugs early in TBC when GDKP had not gotten as popular. But after like Januar/feb this year it started to be infested. Raids will still be raided even if RMT boosting (lets call what it is, tired of seeing people in BT gear with green gems in gear, joining pugs playing like crap) is gone, cause...guess what, people want to raid.

I pugged all raids with normal SR raids (Minus BT and Sunwell, didnt bother get fire gear to join as tank, and dont think a tier5 tank could join sunwell), no issues for the most part. And its because the raids aint so sweaty and stupid like on retail, aka you don't want stupid strict pugs thats highly organized.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2022-07-30 at 05:07 PM.

It's amazing how incompetent 2022 Blizzard is. Especially the clowns working on (and ruining) Classic. I'm not sure if it's sad or funny.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    This is just straight up incorrect. Most people who buy something in a GDKP earned that gold through another run, or earned that gold through boosting/farming. You don't have to buy any gold to afford GDKPs.
    Where do you think that gold came from