Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    Nono, I understand you not being happy about the recycled dungeons coming in S4. But you seemed confused about when dragonflight launches because you talked about this "Dragonflight is already launching with recycled dungeons" which is false.
    Well I meant for the keystone season, half of the dungeons willl be old ones which I'm not too happy about.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Well I meant for the keystone season, half of the dungeons willl be old ones which I'm not too happy about.
    Its the final season before the next expac. Cant really expect them to whip up a new batch of dungeons for a four to five month period. Also, I'm happier with this than if we'd have to keep running the SL dungeons again. You'll get new dungeons when dragonflight launches.

Its the final season before the next expac. Cant really expect them to whip up a new batch of dungeons for a four to five month period. Also, I'm happier with this than if we'd have to keep running the SL dungeons again. You'll get new dungeons when dragonflight launches.
    You arent understanding what he is saying.

When dragonflight mythic+ season 1 starts, 4 of the m+ dungeons will be new dragonflight dungeons, 4 of the m+ dungeons will be from previous xpacs.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You arent understanding what he is saying.

When dragonflight mythic+ season 1 starts, 4 of the m+ dungeons will be new dragonflight dungeons, 4 of the m+ dungeons will be from previous xpacs.
    Ahh, allright then I stand corrected. Thought they'd all be new My b

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I was going to finally resub (and keep the sub until DF) if that mount was earnable (ya know, cause they didn't specify up until the last second it seems) in LFR but yeah, fuck em.

Ahh, allright then I stand corrected. Thought they'd all be new My b
    Just to clear it up, there will be 8 new df dungeons. Season 1 will be 4 of those, plus 4 older ones. Season 2 will be the other 4 df, and then 4 other old ones. Just to try and keep it fresh

10+ Year Old Account
    timed rewards, the hamster wheel vibe is strong here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Ah yeah, that good old Bait and Switch with Jigglesworth Sr.
    This game has literally zero sense of reward/worthwhile progression outside of like 2% of things in the game and now you want some of dat even to be free, c'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    timed rewards, the hamster wheel vibe is strong here

fomo is not true evil. It has many benefits, more than negatives that's for sure.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2022-07-29 at 04:02 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    This game has literally zero sense of reward/worthwhile progression outside of like 2% of things in the game and now you want some of dat even to be free, c'mon.

fomo is not true evil. It has many benefits, more than negatives that's for sure.
    it keeps addicted people addicted, and non addicted people either don't care or will enjoy being satisfied of having something future players can't have even if they wanted to, that sounds fairly bad overall

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    See, you say that, but there has always been some way people will use to get "stacked" groups, even on normal. Gearscore is the earliest one I remember, before achieves started being the requirement, now it's a good ol' combination of RIO and achievements if not one or the other.
    I pug normal basically weekly, and have no IO at all. Nobody checks anything but ilvl for Normal - at least I've never ever seen it. The few heroic groups I've joined were just checking ilvl as well. Maybe out of laziness.

10+ Year Old Account

Benefits?

Please, elaborate
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Uuurgh. I can't even express how much I hate that the slime saber mount (my pick of the original poll) is a raid FoS... I was so glad that the shit archaic raiding format no longer had anything of interest to me. Yes I know it's "only" gated behind normal, but fml, I'm so over organized raiding in general and waiting for ages in ques for that miracle rando grp as the alternative.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    it keeps addicted people addicted, and non addicted people either don't care or will enjoy being satisfied of having something future players can't have even if they wanted to, that sounds fairly bad overall
    Benefits?

Please, elaborate

People don't bother with content if there is no sense of value and dopamine drip available, especially doing the content more than once. That is a problem for players and Blizzard. People seemingly don't want to admit that MMO's (Gaming in general actually) are fun both because of the actual moment to moment gameplay but also this dopamine drip of rewards and so forth, it's not possible to make a game that exists on the first part alone anymore.

Gear already has zero incentive for most players, since they know it becomes obsolete in a single patch (not just new expansion like old days)

Therefore an outside solution is introduced, like CE's, cmode, MT, seasons etc. Because it means that gear again has value (on top of the actual items from those locations) to be able to clear stated content when it is most important and vital.

Also, what's the downside to having addicted people staying addicted? Isn't that what people want? A game that is actually good that you want to be addicted? Lmao.

What is the downside? People who AREN'T playing now, who aren't even subscribers, will be upset in 5 years?
    Last edited by Daffan; 2022-07-30 at 05:39 AM.

Have fun getting chain declined because your raider.io is too low or you dont have AOTC at all
    Annnnnd this is another reason why the game is dying a slow death..., normal should be for beginning raiders and groups should have requirements that reflect that. I really think that LFR should be harder than normal and have worse gear than normal so people are more likely to look for realm groups/guilds so that they have a better potential for a positive social building experience. Bobby Kotick is too much of a sociopath though for him to consider this a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Classic Blizzard, making previous patch gear shit as soon as possible. LFR giving 265 is a big slap in the face.
    And yet, Nathria is dropping 304 gear despite being multiple patches ago. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't bother with content if there is no sense of value and dopamine drip available, especially doing the content more than once. That is a problem for players and Blizzard. People seemingly don't want to admit that MMO's (Gaming in general actually) are fun both because of the actual moment to moment gameplay but also this dopamine drip of rewards and so forth, it's not possible to make a game that exists on the first part alone anymore.

Gear already has zero incentive for most players, since they know it becomes obsolete in a single patch (not just new expansion like old days)

Therefore an outside solution is introduced, like CE's, cmode, MT, seasons etc. Because it means that gear again has value (on top of the actual items from those locations) to be able to clear stated content when it is most important and vital.

Also, what's the downside to having addicted people staying addicted? Isn't that what people want? A game that is actually good that you want to be addicted? Lmao.

What is the downside? People who AREN'T playing now, who aren't even subscribers, will be upset in 5 years?
    I don't think many addicted people like this situation. but anyway, it's not my issue I don't really care personally
    I just think that they're pushing it too far

I think gear felt more valuable when there were no x1000 dmg modifier in old raids: new gear meant you could progress in older raid content with less people, get more reward or more chance to get rewards, rewards which remained not too easy to get, plus it was fun to see the 25 man heroic damage on you, to really appreciate the power of your gear. they shall give a way to disable this at the very least

So doubling down on raids, the content most people are either tired off or do not do them at all. GG.
    They miss the point here again. You can't make people running raids by adding more FOMO stuff anymore. People won't start new guilds all of a sudden to engage it. People who did clear it in the past may not be excited anymore and this is a minority already.
    What does the M+ gets at the same time? Another reset and 4 timewalked dungs with broken balance. No new items and same lackluster vault that makes killing actual bosses almost like a boring chore. It is all about that vault. Give me a break. New seasonal affix? Half of all affixes should be looked into and revamped to something less annoying and depressing. Why not make them fun? That would be a crime I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    From the bottom of my heart I hope this season FAILS and Blizzard never attempt such a piss poos idea and pass it off as new content ever again.
    It's people like you who bitch at blizzard for not making more content, not making old content still relevant because it becomes worthless too quickly, and then when they do something to add more to the game and make old content relevant, you still bitch and moan.

It's people like you that make it so blizzard cant win with anything that they do.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think many addicted people like this situation. but anyway, it's not my issue I don't really care personally
    I just think that they're pushing it too far

I think gear felt more valuable when there were no x1000 dmg modifier in old raids: new gear meant you could progress in older raid content with less people, get more reward or more chance to get rewards, rewards which remained not too easy to get, plus it was fun to see the 25 man heroic damage on you, to really appreciate the power of your gear. they shall give a way to disable this at the very least
    You are talking about "new gear" (gear that is higher ilvl and comes from an easier source, a key point) as if it doesn't invalidate older content. What dimension is this exactly?

The last time 'play the patch' wasn't a front and center thing in the WoW universe was like 2009 or something, pre-icc 5 mans lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius87 View Post
    It's people like you who bitch at blizzard for not making more content, not making old content still relevant because it becomes worthless too quickly, and then when they do something to add more to the game and make old content relevant, you still bitch and moan.

It's people like you that make it so blizzard cant win with anything that they do.
    Not really. But thanks for including me in your bullshit headcanon. People like me really appreciate it.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru