Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Honestly, looking at how much customization is going into the "Dragonriding mounts"... I can't but feel like, THOSE should have been the "Dracthyr". Scaled-down in size, obviously, but that honestly just seems SO MUCH MORE exciting.

Furthermore, there would be absolutely zero question about "why can only Dracthyr be Evokers", because they'd be actual full-blown (albeit smaller) dragons.

And then just open up with "Visage" form to any race, since you would only really use that form for non-combat functions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Sadly people will just keep going on about it and not get over it,
    Wait, this thread is still going on? I thought the fourth body type would be enough as it's already far too muscly for my taste oO.

Holy Moly ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Wait, this thread is still going on? I thought the fourth body type would be enough as it's already far too muscly for my taste oO.

Holy Moly ...
    Sadly so, people will think they know better than the official Blizz team.

My issue is the snouts. I found maybe 3-4 snouts that work for me. The rest are just not draconic enough? More snake or gecko. Their jaws are a bit narrow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My issue is the snouts. I found maybe 3-4 snouts that work for me. The rest are just not draconic enough? More snake or gecko. Their jaws are a bit narrow.
    But you don't have to like every snout? If you already found 3-4, shouldn't that be enough? I actually prefer the snake or gecko looks for them!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I actually prefer the snake or gecko looks for them!
    Well cool but they are supposed to be draconic so no idea why not even a majority of them look draconic.

"Draconic" is too relative a term. What does draconic mean for you all? Genuinely curious.
    Last edited by Shara Ishvalda; 2022-07-31 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shara Ishvalda View Post
    "Draconic" is too relative a term. What does draconic mean for you all? Genuinely curious.
    It means this

It also means this

Look at dragon models in wow. They have underbites, tendrils, crocodile teeth and all that good shit. Fuckthyr don't have even one of those features available.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It means this

It also means this

Look at dragon models in wow. They have underbites, tendrils, crocodile teeth and all that good shit. Fuckthyr don't have even one of those features available.
    I don't really hold the opinion of someone who has been so needlessly caustic as you have in high esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shara Ishvalda View Post
    I don't really hold the opinion of someone who has been so needlessly caustic as you have in high esteem.
    Your opinion of me doesn't change what draconic means in the context of wow.

I really just don't understand why they make their bodies SO human-looking. They lack that "Warcraft" style, like something like the Worgen, which are humanoid but still discernibly "not human". Take the head and feet away, though, and the Dracthyr look eerily "human".

Moreover, I feel like pull yet another race out of thin air just seems unnecessary and unbelievable. The story doesn't even line-up with Neltharion creating them before being corrupted, and then failing OVER AND OVER AGAIN to "merge the powers of the five flights". Everything about the Dracthyr just seems... poorly thought-out.

But visually, yeah, I feel like they look awful. Now the OPTIONS they have are really impressive; I love the breadth of scale colors they have to choose from, and the variety of "accent" colors and patterns. But just being brutally honest, I think the Dracthyr themselves look like shit, and I find it deeply concerning that Blizzard not only greenlit the design in the first place, but are still marching forward with it, even after what seemed like pretty universal feedback when they were revealed.

The shame is, I actually think the idea of a "playable Dragon" sounds super fucking cool, and in terms of GAMEPLAY, I actually think they look interesting. But they just look really, really stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thnk people should be glad they get a new race instead of recolored mounts.. ehrm I mean 'new' races a la Legion
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I really just don't understand why they make their bodies SO human-looking. They lack that "Warcraft" style, like something like the Worgen, which are humanoid but still discernibly "not human". Take the head and feet away, though, and the Dracthyr look eerily "human".
    Glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. Initially it felt so bizzare, I thought Blizzard was jumping into that weird 'realistic bodies in gaming' bandwagon that's been plaguing the industry. Warcraft models have always been strongly exaggerated and I really wish for them to stay that way. Fortunately the bigger body sizes that were added in alpha did alleviate the issue somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Yep. This is what the devs should have used. Rather than pinky poo the red little dragon pony.
    Uh no. If they went that route they’d be the least played class in the game. People talk crap about skinny dragons, but slim races are the top picked races in the game. Meanwhile, big bulky races are the least picked.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh no. If they went that route they’d be the least played class in the game. People talk crap about skinny dragons, but slim races are the top picked races in the game. Meanwhile, big bulky races are the least picked.
    Slim races are not the top picked races in the game; the attractive races are the top picked races in the game. Otherwise, fem orcs and fem trolls would be higher up on population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Slim races are not the top picked races in the game; the attractive races are the top picked races in the game. Otherwise, fem orcs and fem trolls would be higher up on population.
    Trolls and Orcs seem to be doing rather well;

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Trolls and Orcs seem to be doing rather well;

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics
    Behold, the slim Orc race!

Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-09-14 at 01:29 AM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Behold, the slim Orc race!
    They're far slimmer than Tauren, HM Tauren, Kul'Tirans, and Draenei. Also, they got a huge boost once they were able to go upright, and of course there's Orc females.

All that aside, Orcs are also one the major races in WoW lore, so that also helps their popularity. A new bulky race the size of tauren or Draenei would likely do just as poorly as the other recently introduced bulky massive races did.

I think we can all agree, WoW has ALWAYS had a highly stylized look. So the Dracthyr feel very, very strange in that their proportions aren't very stylized; as I said, remove the head and the feet, and they are VERY "human-looking".

Typically, Warcraft males tend to have really muscular proportions. But that's certainly not the only option; they also could've gone with a more skeletal, "gaunt" sort of approach. But they didn't; they went with a model that is super humanoid, and also has a distinctly feminine slant.

In short; it looks like something designed with someone with zero familiarity of Warcraft's art style.

Now the HEAD options look fantastic. The head seems too small for their body, and there's certainly some great player-mockups as well, but the options look quite solid. But their BODIES just look horribly out-of-place.