10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Yeah it's never your problem until it is at your doorstep. Good luck in life with that attitude, buddy.
    Guess what? That's how the shit works and you are one of them hotheads trying to bring this trouble to everyone's doorstep.

You're practically like Yuppie except for "nooks" it's "lol let's go to world war, I got big boy pants!!". Both fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Guess what? That's how the shit works and you are one of them hotheads trying to bring this trouble to everyone's doorstep.

You're practically like Yuppie except for "nooks" it's "lol let's go to world war, I got big boy pants!!". Both fools.
    I hope you never plan on having kids with your attitude of "lol not my problem, let other people handle it".

Edit: and cut the shit with "HELPING UKRAINE KILL RUSKIES LEADS TO WOOOOORLD WAAAAAAR THREEEEEEEEE". It won't.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 2022-07-30 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you never plan on having kids with your attitude of "lol not my problem, let other people handle it".

Edit: and cut the shit with "HELPING UKRAINE KILL RUSKIES LEADS TO WOOOOORLD WAAAAAAR THREEEEEEEEE". It won't.
    Planning on having 3, that's why I don't want any fucking useless crap wars.

And it's fucking history - you do the very same thing West did in 80s with Afghanistan and Russian house of cards crumbles all the same. That is literally all you need to do - USSR died and West did not have to fire a single bullet.

Planning on having 3, that's why I don't want any fucking useless crap wars.

And it's fucking history - you do the very same thing West did in 80s with Afghanistan and Russian house of cards crumbles all the same. That is literally all you need to do - USSR died and West did not have to fire a single bullet.
    What a great parent you are, wanting to kick the can of worms down the road until it blows up in your kids' faces instead of yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a great parent you are, wanting to kick the can of worms down the road until it blows up in your kids' faces instead of yours.
    But they won't exactly because literally all that needs to happen is time in this case.

What they will get to deal with is China vs US nonsense, Russia won't be a concern of anyone down in 2050. But then by that time I'll be retired and all I'll care about is growing some potatos or shit in a summer house waiting for that heart attack to pop me.

But they won't exactly because literally all that needs to happen is time in this case.

What they will get to deal with is China vs US nonsense, Russia won't be a concern of anyone down in 2050. But then by that time I'll be retired and all I'll care about is growing some potatos or shit in a summer house waiting for that heart attack to pop me.
    Keep appeasing russia and see how well that goes over when China realizes just how far they actually can push the West without proper resistance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stay civil and keep in mind what you're posting. Toeing the line between demanding major violent escalation and suggesting millions need to be sacrificed for Western comfort isn't okay. Besides that, there is no need to argue about your personal levels of concern. That's not a line of discussion that will lead to anything besides more inflammatory discussion.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Next war crime has come to light. Russia reported more than 40 Ukrainian POWs are dead, claiming Ukraine attacked the camp they were in, even going so far to plant HIMARS debris there.

Ukraine has said they never fired anywhere near the sites and have released Intel, including intercepted calls, showing the Russians moved the prisoners there just days before then detonated the site in an effort to cover up the torture and murder of POWs. Ukraine is asking that the UN and the Red Cross be allowed to the site to investigate. Just watch Russia deny them access.

And to reinforce just how suspicious Russia's claims are, not a single Russia guard was as much as injured in the 'attack'.
    Well, that's unexpected

So I think this is an obvious PR ploy, but I still think the UN and Red Cross should accept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not like anything will come out of it anyway. Even if, by chance, Russia is actually telling the truth there - it does not change anything in the giant ass list of shit they did anyway.

And then I mean let's say UN/Red Cross come there and inspect - what will it even matter, they can't do shit about it either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not like anything will come out of it anyway. Even if, by chance, Russia is actually telling the truth there - it does not change anything in the giant ass list of shit they did anyway.

And then I mean let's say UN/Red Cross come there and inspect - what will it even matter, they can't do shit about it either way.
    Let's say russia IS speaking the truth, then they didn't attack, if Ukraine also didn't attack, then who did? It's not about the rest of the war it's about this specific incident and the treatment of POWs, russia isn't necessarily interested in treating POWs well but they also have no interest in treating them particularly bad. Now, according to at least one Ukrainian source this strike was not authorized by the russian ministry of defense, and it was used as a way to erase evidence of "embezzlement of funds meant for POWs.", whatever that means. Interestingly enough the day before the attack a high ranking officer from the southern military district was arrested on suspicion of..."embezzlement of funds".

So while russia might not care about dead POWs they do care about embezzlement and rogue elements using heavy weaponry to hide crimes (and so should we, as that is quite worrying.), and I suppose that's what they want to find out...if they are telling the truth.

As I said though, my suspicion is that it is primarily for PR reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Nobody is going to end up nuking because of Ukraine. Even if we were to go in there in the help of Ukraine to kick the Russian soldiers out of there (and not try to conquer Russia in turn). Russian oligarchs are rich and powerful people, and using nukes would guarantee they wouldn't remain either rich nor powerful. And there is absolutely no way they would piss their life of luxury away like that. Even if Russia were to lose this war, and Russia as country would suffer because of it, they would still remain, virtually unscathed by it all.
    I mean we would all like to think so but we also liked to think Russia would not invade past the republics.

wouldnt be suprised if the russians tortured and killed the POW's then bombed it to cover it up.

looks like the serbs are going full cunt as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wouldnt be suprised if the russians tortured and killed the POW's then bombed it to cover it up.

looks like the serbs are going full cunt as well.
    Supposedly the real reason Russia blew the prison up was to hide the fact that they were embezzling money that was supposed to be used to care for PoWs and that this was a rogue act by the corrupt individuals. Given how comically corrupt Russia is it certainly sounds plausible.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Even now there isn't any answer to how this will all end. There's no A-B diplomatic solution or violent route (that ends positively)

The "positive" option C of Putin dying isn't any better, as someone said that would lead to fractured Russian terrorist fiefdoms armed with nukes.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Supposedly the real reason Russia blew the prison up was to hide the fact that they were embezzling money that was supposed to be used to care for PoWs and that this was a rogue act by the corrupt individuals. Given how comically corrupt Russia is it certainly sounds plausible.
    As I said a bit up: I can imagine russia being VERY interested in that because, as scummy as they are, I sincerely doubt they'd like rogue elements with that kind of weaponry at their disposal. It also could indicate that they are losing control of the army. But that all hinges on them actually speaking the truth...and trust in what russia says is rather thin these days.

Oryx's site has hit 5000 confirmed vehicle losses, including more than 900 tanks.

More concerning is Putin's Serbian puppets seemingly ready to restart the Balkan wars again, with some reports saying they have said they need to de-nazify the Balkans.

But for good news, a train in occupied Crimea is reported to have exploded near Sevastopol (which should be out of HIMARS range.) It had 40 cars carrying troops, ammo and equipment. Reportedly it was completely destroyed with at least 80 dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ukraine has supposedly hit a 40 cars plus long train in motion with a HIMARS, which were sent to attempt to reinforce Kherson, if that turns out to be true with definite confirmation that's going to make some Russians on the west side of the Dnieper nervous over the coming days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oryx's site has hit 5000 confirmed vehicle losses, including more than 900 tanks.
    So the actual number is higher, yes?

More concerning is Putin's Serbian puppets seemingly ready to restart the Balkan wars again, with some reports saying they have said they need to de-nazify the Balkans.
    They should start at home then.

But for good news, a train in occupied Crimea is reported to have exploded near Sevastopol (which should be out of HIMARS range.) It had 40 cars carrying troops, ammo and equipment. Reportedly it was completely destroyed with at least 80 dead.
    Sevastopol also was the target if a drone attack today, which came from WITHIN Sevastopol. Could this be local resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Ukraine has supposedly hit a 40 cars plus long train in motion with a HIMARS, which were sent to attempt to reinforce Kherson, if that turns out to be true with definite confirmation that's going to make some Russians on the west side of the Dnieper nervous over the coming days.
    That would have been way outside the normal range of HIMARS, and it isn't meant for moving targets either. Something else must have hit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    So the actual number is higher, yes?

They should start at home then.

Sevastopol also was the target if a drone attack today, which came from WITHIN Sevastopol. Could this be local resistance?
    Yeah, Oryx only lists visually confirmed losses.

Given Serbia is little Russia in attitude, with the same views about its neighbours that Russia has on its, its little wonder they get on so well.

The drone attack on Sevastopol is interesting. Given its small size, it had to be local. Either false flag or local resistance. It was meant to be Navy Day. With parades and all. Maybe Russia wasn't keen on showing what was left of its battered fleet and troops and staged it to give them an excuse to cancel.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would have been way outside the normal range of HIMARS, and it isn't meant for moving targets either. Something else must have hit it.
    It was apparently at Brylivka station coming from Sevastopol so not inside Crimea. That would still be extreme range though

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato...on-region.html
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-07-31 at 10:48 PM.