You can just turn off the shitty tutorials, everything about the game mechanically is quite obvious if you have played previous xenoblade games and know JRPG mechanics/stats in general.

If they where actually forced I would have a problem with it but I turned the fuckers off after the first few ones because of how forced and hand holdy they are. No real issue tbh since you can turn them off.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-07-31 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You can just turn off the shitty tutorials, everything about the game mechanically is quite obvious if you have played previous xenoblade games and know JRPG mechanics/stats in general.

If they where actually forced I would have a problem with it but I turned the fuckers off after the first one because of how forced and hand holdy they are. No real issue tbh since you can turn them off.
    Well that's good for future playthroughs but I have no interest figuring everything out on my own especially with how even returning systems have been change in one way or another.

If they where actually forced I would have a problem with it but I turned the fuckers off after the first few ones because of how forced and hand holdy they are. No real issue tbh since you can turn them off.
    This, plus figuring out stuff organically is more rewarding anyway. IMO them OFF, one won’t sink.

I do love the large clear text on the tutorials, but I tend to disable these anytime I can. Elden Ring, same thing.

So far game is epic. This game is also very striking visually to me. Just loving it. Love the production of it all, just very well done imo. So hyped I got this great meaty jrpg in front of me, lol, no review because of course still in the honeymoon phase, but game is very very good!
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-07-31 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Well that's good for future playthroughs but I have no interest figuring everything out on my own especially with how even returning systems have been change in one way or another.
    The only thing different is the chain attack mechanic but even that is quite obvious. Otherwise everything is pretty much the same, Agnus classes control like XC2, Keves classes control like XC1 just with the button mapping like XC2 and then you have cross over arts that you already learn from previously playing the other classes.

You can't complain about tutorials and then also claim the game is too hard for you to understand without them, pick one the game literally gives you that option which most JRPGs don't and it's highly annoying. The gave shitty hand holding tutorials for the crowd that thought XC2 and XCX where too hard to grasp, and they gave the ability for players to turn them off if they don't want them. It's literally a win for everyone and not something to be complaining about.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-07-31 at 05:10 AM.

You can't complain about tutorials and then also claim the game is too hard for you to understand without them, pick one the game literally gives you that option which most JRPGs don't and it's highly annoying. The gave shitty hand holding tutorials for the crowd that thought XC2 and XCX where too hard to grasp, and they gave the ability for players to turn them off if they don't want them. It's literally a win for everyone and not something to be complaining about.
    Just because the tutorial is necessary doesn't mean it can't also be poorly done. The issue with the tutorials is that they are highly repetitive. When explaining leveling up characters with bonus XP, explaining the process once should be enough, but the game makes you do it 3 times. Class change is handled the same way, except you have to do it 6 times.

Turning them off is in no way a solution to crappy tutorials, especially in a game as complicated as this one it's just a nice addition for people who already know how everything works.

15+ Year Old Account
    I keep trying to do the story but then I get side tracked by hero quests. 22 hours and I only just got climbing whew. Also i dont like you cant de level like in other games. I dont understand why they took out features when he had his full team and 4 years.

I also don't know what to do with money because all the shops sell garbage and all I've bought are a couple of recipes
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-07-31 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I keep trying to do the story but then I get side tracked by hero quests. 22 hours and I only just got climbing whew. Also i dont like you cant de level like in other games. I dont understand why they took out features when he had his full team and 4 years.

I also don't know what to do with money because all the shops sell garbage and all I've bought are a couple of recipes
    I’ve also been sidetracked by other quests. The exploration and elite/unique monsters alone is enough to make deviating from the story worth it.

I’ve pretty much only spent money at the fabricators which got me some materials for completing some cards.

Just because the tutorial is necessary doesn't mean it can't also be poorly done.
    Its not necessary or poorly done. It's not needed for experienced players, and it holds hands of those who lack experience.

Its not necessary or poorly done. It's not needed for experienced players, and it holds hands of those who lack experience.
    The information it presents is fine, it honestly does a better job explaining things than the second game, but the repetition isn't needed especially when you can review the tutorials at any time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I’ve also been sidetracked by other quests. The exploration and elite/unique monsters alone is enough to make deviating from the story worth it.

I’ve pretty much only spent money at the fabricators which got me some materials for completing some cards.
    Me -- has a lvl 17 story quest --) doing a lvl 29 quests

I kinda dont want to rush main story as xenoblade series has a anoying thing abauth destroying X area and you wont be able to experience quests there.

So far i unlocked 4 new classes and also hit a limit on nopon coins. You have to use them up when on lvling classes or you waste them as max is 99.
    Keeping the gold nopon coins tho, as some gems may get anoying to collect later in game.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I just don't use bonus xp so far and not feeling over leveled at all, and if I ever end up under leveled because of it I can pick what level to go to instead of using it all. Better that way since you can't down level like in XC2 sigh.

Anyone try Live A Live yet?

Is it just a purely visual update or did they add any additional content to the switch version?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

Is it just a purely visual update or did they add any additional content to the switch version?
    Same game, better visuals and proper localization instead of the edgelord early 2000s fan translation people might of played before.

I just don't use bonus xp so far and not feeling over leveled at all, and if I ever end up under leveled because of it I can pick what level to go to instead of using it all. Better that way since you can't down level like in XC2 sigh.
    Wasn't down leveling only available in ng+? At least in 2, I think 1DE let you do it whenever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

From what I understand it is alot more transparent about battle info, things like enemy health and what abilities actually do.

They also added a radar which guides you to the next objective, which is good because the game often gives you no clue on what you are supposed to do.

In terms of content it's the same game with improved visuals.

Wasn't down leveling only available in ng+? At least in 2, I think 1DE let you do it whenever.
    Maybe, no clue since I already long beat the game before that got patched in.

Wondering, how many of those inactive Ferronis have people found?
    Either i'm completely blind, they're only later or hidden, but i have only "found" the early tutorial one and am currently in the ~lvl 31 region

On unrelated notes

New Pokemon Presents on Wednesday
    Last edited by Shakzor; 2022-08-01 at 01:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Either i'm completely blind, they're only later or hidden, but i have only "found" the early tutorial one and am currently in the ~lvl 31 region
    They're not that hidden. I've got 3 and I just got juniper

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post

On unrelated notes

New Pokemon Presents on Wednesday
    I’ve accidentally found a few. Usually I’m just wandering around and a quest will pop to clear some monsters and then I notice the Ferronis.

I love the hero quests.

Not only are they a huge improvement over the gatcha system from 2 but they also do a good job encouraging you to explore the world.

I love the hero quests.

Not only are they a huge improvement over the gatcha system from 2 but they also do a good job encouraging you to explore the world.
    It's hard to even compare them to the gacha system because they're basically main story quests even the ones that aren't required and they all have fully voiced and set piece cutscenes and are so far removed from typical Xenoblade side content I just consider them part of the main story.