Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How dare blizzard make me level a character!

Why can't they just make me max level instantly?!

Why do I have to put in effort?!

Maybe you shouldn't be playing an RPG. This game would be trash without leveling. You may not notice it, but leveling is built everywhere into almost every RPG. It gives it playability. Character levels, gear levels, renown levels, rep level, etc.... (renown is kinda trash)

Yes, lets remove all the leveling in wow and make it a game that can be finish in a few hours with nothing else to do except M+ grind, 1 raid per week, daily world quests. Sounds like a terrible idea to me. Everyone thinks they have a good idea that makes things easier, but doesn't really consider what the effects will be. They are too worried about the now.

Yes, wow does need fixing, but this idea would just make it worse. It is homogenizing of leveling. Remember when they did that to classes and their talents? Oh yeah, we don't like talking about MOP.

There are 24 hours in a day and i'll be damned if it takes me a few hours to hit max level.(sarcasm).

I bet your impatience is great at parties. Probably rage if you run out of white claws and the person bringing the extra drinks is caught up in traffic.

If you rage about a few hours to hit max level maybe you should turn off the pc, go outside and take a walk in the park. Because this is something really dumb to be mad and complain about.

It takes no effort to level characters. In two weeks of casual play you can have just about every class at max level.

Honestly FF14 system far superior for this too.

Level one job/class to max. Every other class has a 100% exp bonus. And I don't have to go back to character select to switch lol. WoW systems so dated in so many ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roflfaceroll View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't be playing an RPG. This game would be trash without leveling.
    Well the entirety of your post is lolworthy but this line is something special.

A) Wow stopped being an RPG a long time ago. It is steadily and creepily approaching a lobby game. So we'll stick with barebones RPG.
    B) Trash without leveling? I mean c'mon lmao. You're memeing yourself here. In a game where levelling is almost instantaneous and the overwhelming majority of it exists at the end. Leveling is de facto irrelevant.

Because it makes it really easy to decide between suffering through it or swipping your credit card.

The bad rep the story has at this point is another great asset towards providing the player with enough information to choose the second option
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Because it makes it really easy to decide between suffering through it or swipping your credit card.
    ah yes, thats why they cut max level in half and constantly make leveling faster (50-60 in prepatch is cut by two thirds) so people would swipe card... makes total sense...

if someone rather sweeps card than spend few hours leveling, in a game from a genre that is based on wasting HUNDREDS of hours of your playtime thats their stupidity, and they would do it if it took less or more, if it was fun (to them, bcs to me and a lot of other people leveling is fun) or not... honestly i cant see why people like that would even play mmorpg...

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

Level one job/class to max. Every other class has a 100% exp bonus. And I don't have to go back to character select to switch lol. WoW systems so dated in so many ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the entirety of your post is lolworthy but this line is something special.

A) Wow stopped being an RPG a long time ago. It is steadily and creepily approaching a lobby game. So we'll stick with barebones RPG.
    B) Trash without leveling? I mean c'mon lmao. You're memeing yourself here. In a game where levelling is almost instantaneous and the overwhelming majority of it exists at the end. Leveling is de facto irrelevant.
    I did say wow does need fixing. It has been drifting away from being an RPG because people are impatient and want everything now. Retail has been too far gone for quite sometime. That's why they caved and allowed wow classic. Many people have subs now just to play classic. I wouldn't be suprised if wotlk classic hits more subs than it did in the past. You know, when it had its peak active subs. I know 9.2.5 is coming out, but the only reason I've been playing is to gold grind and I'm only gonna play it to gear up before DF. I'll be playing WOTLK classic instead until then.

Retail is dying and blizzard knows it. Thats why they are attempting to do a major overhaul on it with DF. They know the game has lost what it once had. Hell, there was a reason it use to be called world of warcrack. Someone literally died playing it because of its playability. I understand scaling it back because of that, but this retail version of wow is basically gollum from LOTR. Nothing but a sad grotesque shadow of what it once was.(That might be why this expansion is called shadowlands)

Like I said in a earlier post some people enjoy a sense of accomplishment and others just want stuff now. Maybe go play a PTW or gatcha game if you are so impatient. You will at least be able to buy your way to being geared. But I don't see any reason to take pride in something like that.
    Last edited by Roflfaceroll; 2022-08-01 at 05:50 PM.

Retail is dying and blizzard knows it.
    retail is "dying" since before vanila according to players...
    we dont have numbers, and surely they are not what they used to be back in wrath (jeez i wonder why 18y old game is not as popular as it used to be...) but they are definitely among the most played mmorpgs, most of which dont even have subscription...
    so no its not dying, its past its prime, but still fine... and tbh, wow past its prime is still better and have more players than majority of other mmorpgs had on their peak...

- - - Updated - - -

Level one job/class to max. Every other class has a 100% exp bonus. And I don't have to go back to character select to switch lol.
    sounds terrible imo... but to each his own, go play FF14 and be happy, well play wow and be happy too, no need to change one game to be similar to other, whole point of having more is variety so everybody can have his preference, not just you...

Wow stopped being an RPG a long time ago.
    nope, still RPG... doesnt fit YOUR "definition" of rpg? sucks, but luckily reality doesnt bend to your whims

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    retail is "dying" since before vanila according to players...
    You lost me here with your first sentence and makes me question all of your credibility. You do know that this makes no sense? Vanilla is the original game... And you said players said it was dying before then???

Maybe you are being sarcastic, but if you are being real maybe you will want to do some research before spouting whatever this is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    From a design point of view mind you. WoWs leveling is tedious to the point they monetized it. It bags the question of why does it last so long? There are maybe a dozen variations on quests with most of that only being use x item or x vehicle. The story is often irrelevant save for a few key zones.

Leveling a alt really has me questioning why it's like this. What purpose does a slow, tedious, and far to simple to be engaging leveling experience still exist in wow?
    The real question is that after 17 years, why we even have leveling at all. It's an extremely boring chore and outdated game design. Look at all successful games these days, Fortnite, LoL, CS:GO, Valorant etc etc, they are all instant-action, WoW could learn from that. Remove leveling and let us jump straight into dungeons, raids and PvP. Why have something that people just see as a boring grind still after all these years? Today 60 is max level, there is no real content from 1-59 anyway, most people just speed it. Makes no sense at ALL to keep it.

Or at least give us some separate max level/no level servers!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

In a game where levelling is almost instantaneous and the overwhelming majority of it exists at the end. Leveling is de facto irrelevant.
    You're right. #MakeLevelingTakeTimeAgain

Should take at least 4 days played.

sounds terrible imo... but to each his own, go play FF14 and be happy, well play wow and be happy too, no need to change one game to be similar to other, whole point of having more is variety so everybody can have his preference, not just you...
    You know it's entirely possible to play both and point out a better system?

Though I'd love to hear what sounds *terrible* about not having to character select to a different class and having alts level faster. This should be an entertaining list if nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar45 View Post
    You're right. #MakeLevelingTakeTimeAgain

Should take at least 4 days played.
    Sure, you could then say levelling is at least a portion of this game. As it is now though, you objectively cannot say it's anything more than a speedbump.

what do you mean "bring back" previously leveling wasnt difficult just TEDIOUS...
    back in vanila as a priest orange mobs "difficulty" was i used absorb, dot, and wand it to death over loooong time... or on lock voidwalker+dots+healing vw and you could kill anything just took you shitloads of time...

im not again leveling (and open world) content to be difficult but it wouldnt be "back", it would be first time
    Well then you chose well because warlock was advertised as a good solo class. Do try pulling a orange mob as a warrior or rogue and you have to use all your kit available. You wont have as easy time as you did with lock or priest. Your downside was that you were a mana class and had to balance with mana.

From a design point of view mind you. WoWs leveling is tedious to the point they monetized it. It bags the question of why does it last so long? There are maybe a dozen variations on quests with most of that only being use x item or x vehicle. The story is often irrelevant save for a few key zones.

Leveling a alt really has me questioning why it's like this. What purpose does a slow, tedious, and far to simple to be engaging leveling experience still exist in wow?
    Leveling was way more fun if you did it with friends back in Vanilla/TBC/Wrath. Now you kids want everything for free, and right away because of your shitty entitlement.

You're meant to experience the world, and the story of each zone/area, and back when leveling used to take 60 hours + to hit max level, you would do just that. You didn't just hit make level and then spend all your time in 3-4 zones as you do now. That's what RPGs do, and if you don't think gamers enjoy a leveling experience, ask why Elden Ring is so popular, or grindy MMOs in general where you do that repeatedly. Levels are simple way to show progressions, not every player picks up the game and knows where every single thing in the game is already as I'm sure you don't either.

But with the amount of crying, and weird entitlement you're showing, it sounds like WoW, and MMO's in general, aren't for you. You should play something like forknife, or whatever kiddie game is the current thing.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Leveling was way more fun if you did it with friends back in Vanilla/TBC/Wrath. Now you kids want everything for free, and right away because of your shitty entitlement.

You're meant to experience the world, and the story of each zone/area, and back when leveling used to take 60 hours + to hit max level, you would do just that. You didn't just hit make level and then spend all your time in 3-4 zones as you do now. That's what RPGs do, and if you don't think gamers enjoy a leveling experience, ask why Elden Ring is so popular, or grindy MMOs in general where you do that repeatedly. Levels are simple way to show progressions, not every player picks up the game and knows where every single thing in the game is already as I'm sure you don't either.

But with the amount of crying, and weird entitlement you're showing, it sounds like WoW, and MMO's in general, aren't for you. You should play something like forknife, or whatever kiddie game is the current thing.
    Can you spot a difference between elden rings game play and wows?

Elden ring teaches you how to play and demands you learn to master it to succeed. WoWs leveling can be accomplished with white atks on a cloth class.

The issue is how it barely qualifies as a game given the length you have to go to in order to die during it.

Can you spot a difference between elden rings game play and wows?

Elden ring teaches you how to play and demands you learn to master it to succeed. WoWs leveling can be accomplished with white atks on a cloth class.

The issue is how it barely qualifies as a game given the length you have to go to in order to die during it.
    That may be the case as of today in WoW, but that was certainly not the case back in the day. Part of RPGs/MMOs, is a certain degree of exploration and figuring things out on your own a little bit. I understand a lot of games "hold your hand" because most players are completely incapable of figuring things out on their own, which is really sad. And if you're the type of player that requires games explain to you every aspect of the game before you can start playing, then you are part of that problem. Old school MMO's left you in the dark, and you had to figure out almost everything on your own, and they were HUGELY popular, so popular, that other companies started creating their own MMO's. You're welcome, stop crying.

That may be the case as of today in WoW, but that was certainly not the case back in the day. Part of RPGs/MMOs, is a certain degree of exploration and figuring things out on your own a little bit. I understand a lot of games "hold your hand" because most players are completely incapable of figuring things out on their own, which is really sad. And if you're the type of player that requires games explain to you every aspect of the game before you can start playing, then you are part of that problem. Old school MMO's left you in the dark, and you had to figure out almost everything on your own, and they were HUGELY popular, so popular, that other companies started creating their own MMO's. You're welcome, stop crying.
    I mean we are not talking about wow from 15 years ago but current wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You guys joke, but from a design point of view why does Blizzard make me waste time collecting gear, piece by piece? And they only let us go into raids 1 time a week what's up with that? If I am able to beat the boss I should be able to spam him until I get all the gear I want.
    It's been that way in the most successful MMORPG in history for 17 years. I don't much care for that either but facts be facts.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

In the current WoW, leveling is trivial. In past WoW, leveling was mostly tedious, not difficult. Almost all deaths were caused by impatience, like aggroing too many mobs, trying to move past something, not taking a mana break when needed, etc. The actual content was never difficult, since the mobs during leveling lacked (and still lack, for the most part) any mechanics. And the "figuring out on your own" part (before thottbot/wowhead) was just finding the right mob to kill. Again, not hard. Just a tedious waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account

Eh, in a way it is, and in a way it isn't. I don't find it entertaining that after 2-3 jobs, there's no other content than grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You guys joke, but from a design point of view why does Blizzard make me waste time collecting gear, piece by piece? And they only let us go into raids 1 time a week what's up with that? If I am able to beat the boss I should be able to spam him until I get all the gear I want.

Gearing my character really has me questioning why it's like this. What purpose does a slow, tedious, and far too unfair raid lockout still exist in wow? Why is Blizzard monetizing raiding lockouts?
    One of the reasons might be that just like other MMORPGs, they aren't single-player games, and they are meant to keep you in the game, and to climb up to various stages of the content? And they aren't monetizing raiding lockouts. If you do not wish to do a structured RPG experience, then I'd suggest going to a different game, though when it comes to MMORPGs, I believe most have some version of a lockout in content that prevents you from spamming it too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Retail is dying and blizzard knows it.
    Weak. Lame. Dead meme. This comment has been existing since the first patch of Vanilla. And the complaint topic in this thread has been a thing since the game was created, the complaints are just more common now because people's various experiences of playing a game collide. A lot seek instant gratification from minor activity which usually does not translate well in an MMORPG.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account

Are you seriously asking this question on a forum, run on a website with the letters MMO in it?
    If so, I would recommend you better do some research on MMO's first.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    In the current WoW, leveling is trivial. In past WoW, leveling was mostly tedious, not difficult. Almost all deaths were caused by impatience, like aggroing too many mobs, trying to move past something, not taking a mana break when needed, etc. The actual content was never difficult, since the mobs during leveling lacked (and still lack, for the most part) any mechanics. And the "figuring out on your own" part (before thottbot/wowhead) was just finding the right mob to kill. Again, not hard. Just a tedious waste of time.
    I can understand your point to a degree, but I remember in vanilla practicing blizzard kiting on my mage when I first got the spell and the game was still so new not many players knew it was a thing. Learning pathing, learning how much mana I needed to kill X number of mobs, etc. And again if you make the game without level caps, and make ALL content the same level and send folks through the story of each and every zone? I could get on board with that. But players don't like not feeling any sort of progression. All of the MMOs that I know, that are like that, are not popular and one of the main complaints from their player base is lack of progression. Guild wars 2 comes to mind.