Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Broham, have you performed the Turing Test on yourself recently? You're responding to me like an AI that is physically incapable of understanding the concept of sarcasm. This is not an argument. I was not making an argument in my first response to you. I was utilizing sarcasm to meme the subject matter itself.

FWIW, in retrospect I'm sorry that I quoted you because you it's clear you cannot seem to wrap your brain around this incredibly simple concept despite having it now explained to you four times.

I don't find flying fun. It's a convenience that I can easily live without. Give me a flight whistle and dungeon portals and I'm good to go. Or don't. I frankly do not give a shit.
    It seems to me you quite clearly do give a shit, otherwise you would have shut the fuck up awhile ago. If you don’t find it fun at all, then why in the hell are you commenting on what elements does or doesn’t make it fun?

Are you really that bored with yourself lol

Honestly: NOBODY CARES IF ONE CLASS HAS A COOLDOWN THAT MAKES LEVELING EASIER. And nope, if somebody tells me that for him it matters is simply lying; because then he also wouldn't be allowed to use heirloom-gear now or back in the days when it still gave exp. And if he really didn't (and that's very doubtful), then blizzard is again BALANCING FOR THE 0,1% OF PLAYERS INSTEAD OF THE 99%.
    The problem isn't that one class has access to easier leveling, it's that someday Dracthyr will be able to be other classes, making Dracthyr a dramatically better race for every class available to it. They specifically call Soar out as a Dractyhr racial ability, and expanding Dracthyr to other classes has been a frequent request since their reveal. Paring down the Soar max speed keeps it a useful racial without making the race mandatory for every class available to it.

Waiting to nerf it only makes it that much tougher, as people will become accustomed to the pace if they ever play a Dracthyr Evoker in DF. It's better to cut it down now when only a select few have tested it, versus until the entire population has had an expansion to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    It seems to me you quite clearly do give a shit, otherwise you would have shut the fuck up awhile ago. If you don’t find it fun at all, then why in the hell are you commenting on what elements does or doesn’t make it fun?

Are you really that bored with yourself lol
    Because this community's penchant for whining for the sake whining is the exact kind of non productive bullshit which prevents the developers from getting legitimate feedback from the playerbase. Here we are arguing for 10 fucking pages about why our anthropomorphic lizard dude should go really, really fast instead of just really fast. There are more important things to talk about in Dragonflight than whether Ion is jerking it to the tears of petulant children who cannot understand that number go down isn't always bad.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-08-01 at 10:16 PM.

Because this community's penchant for whining for the sake whining is the exact kind of non productive bullshit which prevents the developers from getting legitimate feedback from the playerbase. Here we are arguing for 10 fucking pages about why our anthropomorphic lizard dude should go really, really fast instead of just really fast. There are more important things to talk about in Dragonflight than whether Ion is jerking it to the tears of petulant children who cannot understand that number go down isn't always bad.
    Tell me one good argument as to why it is a legit good change to slow them down, if you can’t come up with one then you don’t really have a reason to complain about their complaining.

I don’t really care either way, but it is still a dumb change. It wasn’t hurting anything or anyone having it go 900%. Going super fast, to me, is fun. If you slow it down and nerf it for no reason at all. Then that’s a bad change. Full stop. End of discussion.

What reason do you think makes sense to you to nerf it?

Tell me one good argument as to why it is a legit good change to slow them down, if you can’t come up with one then you don’t really have a reason to complain about their complaining.
    Blizzard's reasoning is perfectly acceptable. Even after the change, it's still faster than any other mount in the game.

I don’t really care either way, but it is still a dumb change. It wasn’t hurting anything or anyone having it go 900%. Going super fast, to me, is fun. If you slow it down and nerf it for no reason at all. Then that’s a bad change. Full stop. End of discussion.
    You're still going to go super fast. You're just not going to go super, super fast. Instead of it taking 12 seconds to travel from point A to B, it now takes 16. This is not a big deal. Blizzard tested something in a testing environment and decided to change it. This will happen hundreds of times with hundreds of other things that are far more important than lizard man going fast. The real problem is that instead of looking for actual game-impacting bugs, the community gets side-tracked with pointless "HOW DARE U MAKE NUMBER GO DOWN, NUMBER SHULD NVR GO DOWN EVR" circlejerking. That's all this pointless thread is: A place for people who don't care about the purpose of balancing to air their vapid non-opinions about how upset they are that a number went from really big to just big.

What reason do you think makes sense to you to nerf it?
    it was too high impact for a racial ability, its right in the blue post. That is a reasonable reason to change it. The ability is still fun, still faster then flying mounts, and still worth using. Alpha is the right time to make a change like this because if it went live then it would feel bad to lose the MS.

If 'because its more fun' is the only argument why not add more insane effects. Why not let gnomes with their superior intellect learn all profs at once and know recipes without finding them, why not let taurens stun anyone they run into because of how big they are? Why not let undead players be unkillable unless they are hit with a large enough blow to effectively break their bodies?

Why stop at racials why put a cd on movement abilities out of combat at all? Lets allow blink to have no cd out of combat. It wouldn't hurt anyone, and neither would letting it go 40+ yards at your cursor, i mean its just fun right?

Soar is fine after the nerf its in a good place, if you don't have alpha just stop bandwagoning, you never even cast the 900% version.

I'm really down on the game, the devs, and the company these days, but even I think this complaining is ridiculous. Just stop. This is why you can't have nice things.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Blizzard's reasoning is perfectly acceptable. Even after the change, it's still faster than any other mount in the game.

You're still going to go super fast. You're just not going to go super, super fast. Instead of it taking 12 seconds to travel from point A to B, it now takes 16. This is not a big deal. Blizzard tested something in a testing environment and decided to change it. This will happen hundreds of times with hundreds of other things that are far more important than lizard man going fast. The real problem is that instead of looking for actual game-impacting bugs, the community gets side-tracked with pointless "HOW DARE U MAKE NUMBER GO DOWN, NUMBER SHULD NVR GO DOWN EVR" circlejerking. That's all this pointless thread is: A place for people who don't care about the purpose of balancing to air their vapid non-opinions about how upset they are that a number went from really big to just big.
    I want you to repeat the reasonings exactly with why you agree with them. Because if any of them include “you get to pet battles way quicker” and you legit think that’s an issue I’m going to laugh my ass off.

It isn’t about “omg number went down so bad”, if you could actually read what people are saying you would understand that. You’re doing the exact thing you are criticizing people for, you are just on the other side of the fence.

The thing about this change is that it didn’t need touched. It was just a simple fun feature that doesn’t hurt anyone else even remotely. The only thing it added was more fun. Making it go slower makes it that much less fun. That’s the whole point.

So again, tell me the reasons EXACTLY that you agree with for why this needed a change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    it was too high impact for a racial ability, its right in the blue post. That is a reasonable reason to change it. The ability is still fun, still faster then flying mounts, and still worth using. Alpha is the right time to make a change like this because if it went live then it would feel bad to lose the MS.

If 'because its more fun' is the only argument why not add more insane effects. Why not let gnomes with their superior intellect learn all profs at once and know recipes without finding them, why not let taurens stun anyone they run into because of how big they are? Why not let undead players be unkillable unless they are hit with a large enough blow to effectively break their bodies?

Why stop at racials why put a cd on movement abilities out of combat at all? Lets allow blink to have no cd out of combat. It wouldn't hurt anyone, and neither would letting it go 40+ yards at your cursor, i mean its just fun right?

Soar is fine after the nerf its in a good place, if you don't have alpha just stop bandwagoning, you never even cast the 900% version.
    Your examples are asinine. The other changes you mentioned directly effects real end game mechanics for end game players, this would make you feel obligated to get it even if you didn’t want to. Having the ability to fly a little faster to a god damn pet battle on a 5 minute cooldown isn’t making anyone feel obligated to do anything. If you’re even going to humor the thought that those are the same to Tauren stunning people by running into them then you aren’t an honest person, or extremely simple minded.

I want you to repeat the reasonings exactly with why you agree with them. Because if any of them include “you get to pet battles way quicker” and you legit think that’s an issue I’m going to laugh my ass off.

It isn’t about “omg number went down so bad”, if you could actually read what people are saying you would understand that. You’re doing the exact thing you are criticizing people for, you are just on the other side of the fence.

The thing about this change is that it didn’t need touched. It was just a simple fun feature that doesn’t hurt anyone else even remotely. The only thing it added was more fun. Making it go slower makes it that much less fun. That’s the whole point.

So again, tell me the reasons EXACTLY that you agree with for why this needed a change.
    There is no universal definition of fun in a video game and you cannot possibly claim that going 900% speed is somehow more fun than 600% because you can currently do neither of these things in the live game. This is a manufactured issue, at best. Nobody worth having an argument with actually thinks this way. You can have your precious number go down bad circlejerk. You aren't worth any more of my time.

There is no universal definition of fun in a video game and you cannot possibly claim that going 900% speed is somehow more fun than 600% because you can currently do neither of these things in the live game. This is a manufactured issue, at best. Nobody worth having an argument with actually thinks this way. You can have your precious number go down bad circlejerk. You aren't worth any more of my time.
    I never said there was a universal term for fun, I don’t need to define a universal term for fun in order to say something is more fun for me.

And yes I can say 900% is more fun than 600% because I have played games where the speeds do approach this and I have a brain and can conclude for myself that I will enjoy going more fast than not as fast. I don’t even know how you can say this with a straight face and not out right admit you are trolling.

Here's my reason that has nothing to do with the speed per say. When I go soaring in the dragon isles, I'll be outpaced by everyone. Soar was already inferior in that it lacked the tools to keep afloat that normal dragon riding has, but now it is significantly slower by default on top. I couldn't care less about what speed I can reach when I jump off the top of mount Hyjal. can rarely think of situations I'd actually want to do that.

Your examples are asinine. The other changes you mentioned directly effects real end game mechanics for end game players, this would make you feel obligated to get it even if you didn’t want to. Having the ability to fly a little faster to a god damn pet battle on a 5 minute cooldown isn’t making anyone feel obligated to do anything. If you’re even going to humor the thought that those are the same to Tauren stunning people by running into them then you aren’t an honest person, or extremely simple minded.
    obviously my examples are hyperbolic but im starting to think the smooth organ in your head is missing the point. Its about where is the line? Many of my "examples" were non combat related but still crazy. So obviously its not just about fun and must include balance some how and thats EXACTLY what blizzard did and explained in their post. I mean if you wanna agree with some of my non combat examples i guess we can argue about that instead. 900% was not balanced and was adjusted in its testing phase so they can release a balanced racial.

Are you seriously bitching that you cant fly at 910% speed but can still go at 650%?

Really grow the fuck up.

You are still literally going over 2x faster than a regular mount in all zones outside of DF.

Peope who are upset about this are delussional children.

obviously my examples are hyperbolic but im starting to think the smooth organ in your head is missing the point. Its about where is the line? Many of my "examples" were non combat related but still crazy. So obviously its not just about fun and must include balance some how and thats EXACTLY what blizzard did and explained in their post. I mean if you wanna agree with some of my non combat examples i guess we can argue about that instead. 900% was not balanced and was adjusted in its testing phase so they can release a balanced racial.
    And your examples are still asinine even if they are hyperbolic to make a point. Because your point being “where do you draw the line”, that line is far far far away from dracthyr having a 5 min cooldown on a flight that makes them go 900% in the old world where no one is doing anything there anyway. That ability literally is just there for fun. You aren’t gaining some massive advantage over anyone even remotely with it being that fast.

Now if we were talking about a racial that actually has some balance issues where it needs to be looked at then I can see your argument making sense. But on this topic specifically, it doesn’t make a lick of it

And your examples are still asinine even if they are hyperbolic to make a point. Because your point being “where do you draw the line”, that line is far far far away from dracthyr having a 5 min cooldown on a flight that makes them go 900% in the old world where no one is doing anything there anyway. That ability literally is just there for fun. You aren’t gaining some massive advantage over anyone even remotely with it being that fast.

Now if we were talking about a racial that actually has some balance issues where it needs to be looked at then I can see your argument making sense. But on this topic specifically, it doesn’t make a lick of it
    there is also no combat advantage to a no cd blink out of combat or gnomes have access to all profs, having all profs wouldn't even effect world content making it even less problematic than any form of open world movement speed.

I agree that it was a pointless nerf, however I also believe they shouldn't have a racial ability that makes them fly that fast anyway, it should of just been something like druid form, cept with cool flying graphics and they can breathe fire or something of that nature.

Blizzard has always sucked ass at racial traits since vanilla they have never got them right, some racial has always been stupid OP. Now they just nerfing something that really doesnt do anything

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Here's my reason that has nothing to do with the speed per say. When I go soaring in the dragon isles, I'll be outpaced by everyone. Soar was already inferior in that it lacked the tools to keep afloat that normal dragon riding has, but now it is significantly slower by default on top. I couldn't care less about what speed I can reach when I jump off the top of mount Hyjal. can rarely think of situations I'd actually want to do that.
    My guy, you realize you can still use dragonflight even as a Dracthyr... right?

there is also no combat advantage to a no cd blink out of combat or gnomes have access to all profs, having all profs wouldn't even effect world content making it even less problematic than any form of open world movement speed.
    You are being insanely moronic if you think having max professions from the start isn’t OP as hell in the end game. I never said it had to be combat specific btw you did. Every single alt would have to be gnome in order to have that racial. I don’t even have to explain why this is an issue in the end game to anyone with half of a brain cell.

Same thing with the blink, it would completely effect the end game being that there would be no need for anything else in forms of travel because the blinking would be insane, world pvp would be absolutely insane.

Like I said, your examples are still asinine and the fact that you’re sitting here and actually DEFENDING this makes me think you are actually not intelligent enough yourself to be having this conversation.

Classes have always had some really niche random racials that are super strong in odd scenarios. Undead had 300% breath duration which was op in hell in those very speicifc scenarios. There’s nothing wrong with these types of racials, the ones you’re describing make me believe you aren’t even in the same ball park here, even if you’re attempting to be hyperbolic to make a point. You are missing the point entirely.

You are being insanely moronic if you think having max professions from the start isn’t OP as hell in the end game. I never said it had to be combat specific btw you did. Every single alt would have to be gnome in order to have that racial. I don’t even have to explain why this is an issue in the end game to anyone with half of a brain cell.

Same thing with the blink, it would completely effect the end game being that there would be no need for anything else in forms of travel because the blinking would be insane, world pvp would be absolutely insane.

Like I said, your examples are still asinine and the fact that you’re sitting here and actually DEFENDING this makes me think you are actually not intelligent enough yourself to be having this conversation.

Classes have always had some really niche random racials that are super strong in odd scenarios. Undead had 300% breath duration which was op in hell in those very speicifc scenarios. There’s nothing wrong with these types of racials, the ones you’re describing make me believe you aren’t even in the same ball park here, even if you’re attempting to be hyperbolic to make a point. You are missing the point entirely.
    No, I know why the examples are a problem and im not defending them because i think they are ok im seeing if you can wrap your brain around why they are a problem.

No gnomes having all profs wouldnt be op for endgame seeing as you can raid right no with no profs with no downside. and yeah blinking would effect world pvp kinda like a 900% movespeed flying mount :thinking:, you might almost be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    I'm sorry but haven't people been bitching since the conception of Druid Flight form when it comes to gathering. They really haven't nerfed it regardless of all the complaints. Half the damn bots out there are druids for that reason specifically. Them nerfing Soar so that its STILL faster than epic flying for all other races isn't remotely close to something worth complaining about. The fact that its even warranting this post shows how petty and whiny the WoW playerbase is.
    yes they did lol,

you need to be on the ground now to use it, and if you get dazed you lose the flight form,

so you can no longer just fly into range of a herb and herb, even if its in the middle of mobs.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.