well this pretty much explains all of this:
    https://www.rawstory.com/elon-musk-controversy/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    well this pretty much explains all of this:
    https://www.rawstory.com/elon-musk-controversy/
    ...does it, though?
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-08-01 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    ...does it, though?
    given the level of batshittery i've witnessed from people of normal means who don't have the love and approval of their parents and are desperately trying to prove to them how smart and successful they are?

yes, i think it does.

...does it, though?
    Neglected son, always trying to get validation from his father and acting out for attention as a result? Yeah. Just on a different scale since this loser ended up becoming a billionaire.

10+ Year Old Account
    given the level of batshittery i've witnessed from people of normal means who don't have the love and approval of their parents and are desperately trying to prove to them how smart and successful they are?

yes, i think it does.
    I don't know man, I think he would have just went through with actually buying Twitter, rather than making this batshit insane circus about the whole ordeal, if impressing his parents was the ultimate goal. I also feel that a bunch of old people would appreciate something other than Twitter, of all things. But then again, I'm neither billionaire, old, or a neglected son, desperate for attention.
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-08-02 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I don't know man, I think he would have just went through with actually buying Twitter, rather than making this batshit insane circus about the whole ordeal, if impressing his parents was the ultimate goal.
    ah, there's the disconnect in how we're seeing it.
    "getting themselves into shit they can't accomplish or follow through with, as part of a larger pattern of behavior of trying to one-up what they think their parent's expectations are for them" is the angle i was going with.

"i'll show my dad! i'll buy twitter! it's the biggest twitter in the whole world! then he'll have to love me!"
    "oh shit... buying twitter is far more of a rat fuck than i expected, what am i gonna do now?"
    *backpedal*

ah, there's the disconnect in how we're seeing it.
    "getting themselves into shit they can't accomplish or follow through with, as part of a larger pattern of behavior of trying to one-up what they think their parent's expectations are for them" is the angle i was going with.

"i'll show my dad! i'll buy twitter! it's the biggest twitter in the whole world! then he'll have to love me!"
    "oh shit... buying twitter is far more of a rat fuck than i expected, what am i gonna do now?"
    *backpedal*
    I don't think it's that complicated Musk made the bid to buy twitter as a joke / troll when he saw that no one was taking him seriously (market, media etc). He doubled down and went for it because he has the ego of a high schooler ignoring his lawyers and advisers signing the deal. After reality hit him that this was a bad idea something he acknowledged before doing it he is clumsily trying to back out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elon Musk sells $6.9 billion in Tesla stock.

If Musk is forced to follow the contract he signed against his current will, there's quite a few things that could have been used as blunt fiscal weapons and given him a monetary concussion. For one, the people he calls equity partners, but who didn't sign the contract with Twitter that Musk did, could suddenly decide they're owed more. Or, back out entirely. For two, if Musk waits until the Twitter deal is shoved up...

(checks thread)

...shoved up his bank account, anything Musk suddenly needs to sell quickly would hit the same supply and demand issues you learned about in junior high economics. Basically, this sale is insurance against a realistic $44 billion "judgement" against him.

And just so we're clear, that's not just me hypothesizing. Musk said so in public.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elon also admits his projects are just there to Ratfuck the public good.

https://gizmodo.com/silicon-valleys-...bir-1849382788

Sorry SpaceX fanbois but ...
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Midterm Voter View Post
    It might be true or total bullshit. What you have is a hearsay, Marax is not Elons Biographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    It might be true or total bullshit. What you have is a hearsay, Marax is not Elons Biographer.
    Marx didn't say he was. He said that Musk's biographer, Walter Isaacson (apparently) said.

Edit: https://twitter.com/parismarx/status...10460125097990

Sourced back to this book - https://www.amazon.com/Elon-Musk-Spa.../dp/0062301233

Edit: and even more - https://time.com/6203815/elon-musk-f...naire-visions/
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-08-11 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elon Musk went to Kevin McCarthy’s Party in Wyomingto celebrate Liz Cheney’s loss.

While speaking at the MAGA party, Musk asked everyone to deny that he was there. Musk made sure that no press was allowed anywhere near the property—then people started posting selfies.

The same day Musk was in Wyoming with McCarthy, Rep. Liz Cheney, who now sits on the “left half of the Republican Party” Musk purports to support, lost her primary .

When he owns Twitter he can have that tweet taken down.

Speaking of - https://www.reuters.com/technology/m...al-2022-08-18/

I guess he's learning due diligence in real-time during this latwsuit, having already waived it previously. He's still salty he made a bad deal he never expected Twitter to take and is trying to wiggle out of it, lol.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

https://gizmodo.com/silicon-valleys-...bir-1849382788

Sorry SpaceX fanbois but ...
    And you'll never see the two most glaring problems with your statement above. But keep on hating...it's adorable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I guess he's learning due diligence in real-time during this latwsuit, having already waived it previously. He's still salty he made a bad deal he never expected Twitter to take and is trying to wiggle out of it, lol.
    He really fucked himself with that one - and Musk's slide to the GQP is scary, but ultimately not surprising. There is talk, however, that the recent Senior Twitter Executive turned whistleblower might end up skunking the whole deal.

10+ Year Old Account

His wanting to cancel the free speech of critics is like a weekly thing now.
    Tesla demands removal of video of cars hitting child-size mannequins

Beta testing this crap on public roads is a whole new level of ratfucking.

His wanting to cancel the free speech of critics is like a weekly thing now.
    Tesla demands removal of video of cars hitting child-size mannequins

Beta testing this crap on public roads is a whole new level of ratfucking.
    Well that's not very Freeze Peach of him! I wonder if he has a history of trying to censor information like this that's not flattering for his companies or his dishonestly hyperbolic claims.

Real though, the whole way Tesla approaches messaging for driver-assist is with a lot of winks and nods and Elon overselling it all while knowing that it's being used by people as self-driving because Tesla isn't actually interested in ensuring that people use the feature as intended and are fine allowing its dangerous abuse. On top of them doing what is functionally a mass, public beta test of their path to self-driving tech.

I'm just glad that he's apparently never heard of the Streisand Effect and that now this video of a Tesla with driver-assist on plowing over a child-sized dummy is reaching further than it would have ever done so organically.

Well that's not very Freeze Peach of him! I wonder if he has a history of trying to censor information like this that's not flattering for his companies or his dishonestly hyperbolic claims.

Real though, the whole way Tesla approaches messaging for driver-assist is with a lot of winks and nods and Elon overselling it all while knowing that it's being used by people as self-driving because Tesla isn't actually interested in ensuring that people use the feature as intended and are fine allowing its dangerous abuse. On top of them doing what is functionally a mass, public beta test of their path to self-driving tech.

I'm just glad that he's apparently never heard of the Streisand Effect and that now this video of a Tesla with driver-assist on plowing over a child-sized dummy is reaching further than it would have ever done so organically.
    My brother-in-law was in the Beta. It actually has fairly strict requirements to both get into and to not be dropped from the program. Him over-selling it is absolutely true though, to the point where my brother-in-law who spent 6k on it when he bought his model 3 opted totally out of it when he traded it in for a model s. Now he's out 6k for having the opportunity to test something for a few months, which is an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    My brother-in-law was in the Beta. It actually has fairly strict requirements to both get into and to not be dropped from the program. Him over-selling it is absolutely true though, to the point where my brother-in-law who spent 6k on it when he bought his model 3 opted totally out of it when he traded it in for a model s. Now he's out 6k for having the opportunity to test something for a few months, which is an absolute joke.
    For full self-driving? Because as far as I'm aware there's no requirements like that for driver-assist, which is a standard feature on many models and is frequently abused by drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    wait you do the testing for them and dont get paid?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wait you do the testing for them and dont get paid?
    Beta testing is a privilege nowadays, one people actively pay for. Ain't you never seen MMO's selling beta access in preorders?

Brands can literally earn money off of people paying them to do work or have access to an unfinished product. I guarantee if Prada or some fashion brand started selling "beta access" (whatever the fashion term is, and this might already exist) to unfinished designs to "market test" them that people would be buying the fuck outta some handbags with no zippers or way to close them and straps that buckle if holding up more than 1.5lbs