7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Like the dk starting area was? Ow wait...
    I don't think a brand new, fully usable starter zone that's right off the coast of the main continent is comparable to an instanced section of an old vanilla zone.

We also had no reason to return to Tyr's hand, it was dead, irrelevant section of the world.
    Whereas the Reach is the Dracthyrs home and training ground, overrun by primalist forces.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-08-01 at 09:37 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It also do not help that everybody and their moms try Dracthry, so there is a tank shortage.
    This isnt true, I watched a Hazel stream and she was healing as Dracthyr and hads a druid tank and a Shaman DPS, they just couldnt get more DPS in their group no matter how long they waited.

Patch day, any chances ? especially that they are answering about DH.

edit : oh, in like 12h+.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2022-08-01 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I really hope they allow dracthyr to fight in their humanoid form, and metamorphosis into their dragon form for some spells, maybe with a glyph? There are a lot of spells I'm sure the visage form can handle, most of them in fact.

I highly doubt this. Would defeat the purpose of creating a brand new playable race in the first place.

I really hope they allow dracthyr to fight in their humanoid form, and metamorphosis into their dragon form for some spells, maybe with a glyph? There are a lot of spells I'm sure the visage form can handle, most of them in fact.
    That'd defeat the entire purpose of the class. If anything, players should be locked into the actual dragon form when in combat, akin to Worgen.

Right after they let Worgen enter combat in human form.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Like the dk starting area was? Ow wait...
    And what it has to do with anything? Just because a completely separated zone wasn't used 14y ago means it will happen again to a zone that is part of a new continent?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Wasn't it already confirmed we're going back to the Forbidden Reach? I remember hearing that in an interview a few months ago though I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dragonmaw got Blackrock like gray skin in Cataclysm with unique tattoos in Cataclysm, but that was replaced but regular Blackrock gray skin and glowing eyes in WoD model update when they didn't update the unique Dragonmaw NPC skins.
    Dragonmaws have bluish grey skin, while Black Iron has a more Brown-Blackish Grey skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Dragonmaws have bluish grey skin, while Black Iron has a more Brown-Blackish Grey skin.
    Yep. Dragonmaw still have unique skin tones and unique glowing eyes. They just lost the tattoos.

Is Blizzard going to attend Gamescom this year?

I want to know the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post

I would imagine if scaleface is correct and the expac is due november. Release date announcement somewhere this month would not be unlikely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And what it has to do with anything? Just because a completely separated zone wasn't used 14y ago means it will happen again to a zone that is part of a new continent?
    No worries, that guy seems to be stuck in the past and still thinks that current Blizzard (or NewBlizzard! as I call them :P) is working exactly the same way as they did during wotlk including scrapping content that's already finished or throwing away zones after their initial usage even though Steve Danuser already confirmed we will go back there. But maybe he thinks because the stuff isn't in the patch notes it's scrapped haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Wasn't it already confirmed we're going back to the Forbidden Reach? I remember hearing that in an interview a few months ago though I could be wrong.
    Yep, Steve already said as much in the T&E podcast interview thingy on twitter space. No clue why we are even discussing this tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I would imagine if scaleface is correct and the expac is due november. Release date announcement somewhere this month would not be unlikely.
    I could see them revealing the release date once we get to Beta in 3 weeks? Basically revealing a roadmap like they had for Alpha with different phases for leveling stress testing, pvp, m+ and maybe raid testing aswell as a pre-patch and release date at the end?
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-08-02 at 07:29 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No worries, that guy seems to be stuck in the past and still thinks that current Blizzard (or NewBlizzard! as I call them :P) is working exactly the same way as they did during wotlk including scrapping content that's already finished or throwing away zones after their initial usage even though Steve Danuser already confirmed we will go back there. But maybe he thinks because the stuff isn't in the patch notes it's scrapped haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, Steve already said as much in the T&E podcast interview thingy on twitter space. No clue why we are even discussing this tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

I could see them revealing the release date once we get to Beta in 3 weeks? Basically revealing a roadmap like they had for Alpha with different phases for leveling stress testing, pvp, m+ and maybe raid testing aswell as a pre-patch and release date at the end?
    Possibly. Although they didnt reveal a roadmap? For example, I don't know whats going to be tested next week and the week after. The only thing they said was that they would have a new build each week, but thats not really a roadmap.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Possibly. Although they didnt reveal a roadmap? For example, I don't know whats going to be tested next week and the week after. The only thing they said was that they would have a new build each week, but thats not really a roadmap.
    They posted one with the first build =)

Here is a breakdown for what players can initially expect to see in the first phase of Dragonflight alpha:

Phase 1 Zone Experience: The Azure Span
    New Race and Class: Dracthyr Evoker
    Dragonriding
    New Interface HUD Revamp
    Talent Revamps for Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Priest, and Rogue
    Professions: Alchemy and Blacksmithing
    Full details on the following phases will be shared as we get closer to them, but here are the current plans for the zones:

Phase 2 Zone Experience: The Forbidden Reach
    Phase 3 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Waking Shores
    Phase 4 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Thaldraszus
    Phase 5 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Ohn’ahran Plain
    Phase 6+ All zones are expected to be playable

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post

Why would they?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Every new build sends out more invites
    The tank shortage is due to a couple issues
    1. Not all tanks are in
    2. We have players using dracthyr healers and not knowing how they work so people avoid tanking
    B. Players have a GO GO GO!! mentality right now and some are leaving dungeons if they pull extra mobs or don't do a skip or die when they chain pull
    For real? That sounds aweful lol. I'm wondering how Blizzard could aim to fight this behavior. Maybe removing the m+ timer or (which they won't do haha) banning of details? You can hate all you want againt Diablo Immortal, but it's actually refreshing to not have logs/dmg meters and people seem much chill there even though it's a hack and slay mmo lol (although fair enough, I only played a bit during release so that may have changed).

Anyways, atleast in a testing environment people should chill out - this isn't a demo ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Why would they?
    I don't think they are going to be there. But after Legion set the precedent it makes sense for people to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think they are going to be there. But after Legion set the precedent it makes sense for people to ask.
    For Legion they announced whole expansion there. Right now all their big projects are already announced and even have release windows. They can easily wait for next Blizzcon before announcing anything new.

Why would they?
    If the new survival game is in a nice looking state and ~4 years or so out from release, they could announce it there.