Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I don't get why people buy +15 boost

it's so easy to get it on your own, even with a brand new alt. just do a mythic zero, queue up with your +2 build your own group - its no big deal to beat the timer until +10 even with shit gear. if you get your +15 wait until the god pumper queue for their 278 weekly, invite them and get carried.

dont waste your money its so easy. stop support this shit.

ok

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    ok
    ok .

10+ Year Old Account
    You say it's easy, but some people are *REALLY* bad at the game.

I'd wager the main reason anyone even desires their +15s completed is peer-pressure from somebody else. It's just a vicious cycle in mythic lol
    Last edited by elderu; 2022-08-02 at 05:19 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yep never underestimate how thoroughly, hopelessly bad some people are at this game. And the same people have exactly zero desire to get even a little better.

So no OP, it will not stop.

Ok.

Don't use gold where you spend no time getting your 15

Instead spend all this time to get your 15

at yet, the question is "I don't get why"... It seems obvious to me.

Plenty of boosters actually buy their boosts as well to speed up gearing for alts.

I don't think SKILL is the main cause for boosting, it's time.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

If we are really charitable with the amount of time it would take to go from no key, to having a 15, with no gear or score. Lets say each key, including forming a group, and always getting +3, takes 30 minutes.
    +0, +2, +5, +8, +11, +14, +15
    3½ hours of effort, at absolute minimum, and itll be way more than that. Plus youll likely be berated along the way for playing badly, being badly geared, etc.

Versus paying for a 15. Which according to google is 100k, ive got no idea if thats a correct value though.

Now personally, I dont see the point in playing a game you'd prefer to pay your way out of actually playing. But people do that, and as far as efficiency goes, their method makes more sense than actually playing the game, depressingly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yep never underestimate how thoroughly, hopelessly bad some people are at this game. And the same people have exactly zero desire to get even a little better.

So no OP, it will not stop.

Ok.
    If they dont want to get good then why care about the gear then? Its all irrelevent in 3-6 months anyway.

I can see people desiring to be carried for mounts, but why bother with gear if you aren't capable of normally doing the content its meant for?

I'll never understand paying monthly for a game, only to pay other people to give you a temprorary accomplishment

it's so easy to get it on your own, even with a brand new alt. just do a mythic zero, queue up with your +2 build your own group - its no big deal to beat the timer until +10 even with shit gear. if you get your +15 wait until the god pumper queue for their 278 weekly, invite them and get carried.

ok
    a 15 boost is usually like 20 min tops. what you described will literally take hours. it is easy, ppl buy it because they dont want to waste hours. in the time you complete a 15 on your own with a fresh alt, you can pay to fill your entire m+ vault.

I don't buy carries for anything, but if my goal in the game was just to get geared and look like I actually played (like a lot of people) ...

You're saying I could take many hours to build up a key from mythic base and deal with tons of PUG morons and failed keys with people leaving/sucking

- or -

I could spend $20, which is nothing, and have it done pretty much instantly.

And you don't understand why anyone would do the latter in this generation of instant gratification?

Plus, the people who do 15's are a relatively small percentage of the total participants of mythic+, which would seem to indicate it's not easy for most people.

I buy one because 1. I have a ridiculous amount of gold I don’t need. 2. When I hit 60 I buy a boost so the following week I get a 278 and a guarenteed 15 key. I run lower keys until then to gear up and by the following week I can just list the key and run my 15s every week. Fun fact though, when my frost mage was under 240 I was keeping up with a 274 Hunter. That was special

You see, I was one of them who always complained not getting invited to any m+ groups and if somebody told me to form my own I just got mad at them. Now I tried it from scratch on my own and I have to say it is so easy and calm to have your own choice of people and classes. I would never ever join another group again except for my own.

And I don't consider myself as a good player

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Plenty of boosters actually buy their boosts as well to speed up gearing for alts.

I don't think SKILL is the main cause for boosting, it's time.
    This pretty much^. Boosters often pay each other when they level alts resulting in gold just rotating around in the community. Also just time invested in forming your own grps that arent guaranteed to succeed. I know its not traditional boosting but my guildies and I often have alts that are pretty F tier gear wise and we will take turns carrying one of our alts through M+ so all our crap tier toons atleast get a 278 vault.

Just do it yourself, this late in the expansion. No raider.io score, no previous season achievements, when people will actively reject you for M+0 even at an ilvl over 265. I have a hard enough time just doing the Weekly Quest with the Mythic dungeons, let alone trying to get into a Mythic+. Why waste hours upon hours doing these things, never getting the right gear so you can become better when you can spend some gold and get it done in half an hour?
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

ok
    As much as people think this or say "people are just bad at the game" the reality is that a lot of people aren't good at playing WoW and not so much about being bad. If you raid and do M+ you know the in's and out's but you have to remember how many people out there click icons, or turn with the keyboard, or don't have fast reflexes etc.

Even for myself, I'm an AOTC dude... am 50 years old and legit started doing M+ about 3 weeks ago (I had done a little in the past) and the knowledge curve takes some time to learn. Who to interrupt, who to stun, when to pop your cooldowns efficiently etc. and even I find myself getting anxious if I do higher than a 10 with pugs and prefer doing them with my group of friends because it's more relaxing and comfy for me. I want to do well and I want to do good at the M+ but I am way more comfortable doing raids than I am at doing M+ which I am sure in time I will get more relaxed with it. I don't like being "that guy" that you have to carry so I'm always trying to learn more and work on my muscle memory for the dungeons.

But that being said... it's not even about being bad at the game, they're just not as advanced as we are.

While I don't buy boosts, I can definitely see why people would buy them ... because it's boring as fuck having to go through all the levels or hunt for people to carry you around.
    M+ is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fragmented.

Tell me you've never pugged below a 15 without telling me you've never pugged below a 15. A lot of players aren't good at the game and simply can't do it.

There's also a substantial group who don't want to be good but do want the mount because it's part of the content they do, namely collecting mounts, or because it looks cool. Not everyone plays games to excel by overcoming challenges. Some players just want to chill out and farm easy stuff casually. That's how they enjoy games. They just also want this mount which is a bit beyond the effort they want to put in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account

ok
    It might be easy for you while others don't experience it being easy to especially get into pugs? One of the reasons is the rating. You don't have much pug chance for 15+ without a rating.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Beacause people want quick max vault freebie without bull for their alts that have snowball's chance in hell of being invited to +15.

fresh alt just dinged, spending 60k to get ~1-2 262 items + a 278 item is probably the cheapest boost to progression you'll be able to acquire, and the most amount of time saved short of buying a 60 boost and having to level from 1

Also takes away the pressure of "wasting" a reset if you dont have time to grind a 15 from scratch. And can spend your time maxing legendaries, low level keys for fast cosmic essence and 4set, etc.