15+ Year Old Account

Question [Diablo Immortal] How to delete private messages?

I don't know if I'm the only person with this problem or if its just a "my phone" issue. I can't delete any private message permanently from the game. I swipe to the left which brings up the X (picture 1). I hit the X and it asks me to confirm if I want to "delete this person from your message list" (picture 2). I hit OK and the chat conversation is gone (picture 3). When I log back in or rezone somewhere every deleted message is right back on my chat history (picture 4). When I log into my account on the PC none of those message are there. When I log in on my phone they ALL are there. My main account has about 3 dozen private messages I can't get rid of (mostly from people saying "invite" or other one line message from usual gameplay. I just want to know how the hell I delete message for good in the game.

Last edited by gaymer77; 2022-08-02 at 06:49 AM. Reason: trying to make images smaller

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I don't know if I'm the only person with this problem or if its just a "my phone" issue. I can't delete any private message permanently from the game. I swipe to the left which brings up the X (picture 1). I hit the X and it asks me to confirm if I want to "delete this person from your message list" (picture 2). I hit OK and the chat conversation is gone (picture 3). When I log back in or rezone somewhere every deleted message is right back on my chat history (picture 4). When I log into my account on the PC none of those message are there. When I log in on my phone they ALL are there. My main account has about 3 dozen private messages I can't get rid of (mostly from people saying "invite" or other one line message from usual gameplay. I just want to know how the hell I delete message for good in the game.
    I'm guessing the messages are cached on your phone, and for some reason it's not properly clearing that cache when you delete the messages from your inbox. You could try clearing the Data/Cache of the game from your phone settings? It means you'll need to log back in to the game, and possibly re-download it, but it might fix the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I'm guessing the messages are cached on your phone, and for some reason it's not properly clearing that cache when you delete the messages from your inbox. You could try clearing the Data/Cache of the game from your phone settings? It means you'll need to log back in to the game, and possibly re-download it, but it might fix the issue.
    THANK YOU!!! I cleared the cache and it sure enough removed them all