Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Great, now give every Gnoll a similiar model.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Imagine being this mad because of your own ignorance.
    You can know about it and still be upset. They only added raid and M+ stuff. They should've let the buff be, so people who don't do that have SOMETHING. I myself would've liked the buff to stay too, even if I will do the raid and M+. It's an incentive to level all my alts before DF. Not sure why Blizz thinks everyone likes doing one thing only at a fast pace and nothing else. Now you level, you have two weeks. Now you raid, no leveling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't give a fuck about "season4" Whatever the fuck that means. I just wanted to level alts and I will now not be doing that, because without this buff I'm not putting myself through the fucking mindnumbing shitfest that is Shadowlands, again.
    I agree...i have been able to level in every xpac, while bfa had issues, i really liked the zones...but I hate everything about shadowlands n need buff now to get through..

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzet View Post
    The buff was for season 4 prep, doesn't matter if you care about season 4 or not. The entitlement is massive here.
    Because of the quality they use in wow it really doesn't take long to make his model, the longest part would be making the textures. This is from somebody who does game design and character design, texturing takes the longest outside of animations.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

lol they listen about hogger model

I dont think anyone was hiding the fact that the xp buff was a temporary thing. Did you really think it was permanent?
    seasons are here and you kinda just have to live with it. I imagine that if they were not a thing you'd get these kinds of buffs less than you do now.
    Personally I like the seasons. Keep things from getting stale for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Great, now give every Gnoll a similiar model.
    Am I missing something fundamental? All they did was recolor his fur (or more correctly, used a baseline brown one and added some spots) and put some cartoonish ringmail armor on him. He still looks as ridiculous as the new baseline gnolls.

If it took whatever poor intern artist they dumped that on more than an hour to do that, I'd be genuinely surprised.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The xp buff was advertised as only being until the start of season 4, so that wasn't a surprise. Still kind of a goofy decision though since leveling xp is getting mega-nerfed for Dragonflight. There is usually an xp catch-up as part of the pre-expansion event too I guess. So not a big deal, but it does leave this odd gap of a few months where there isn't much alt leveling incentive. Not much sense taking an alt 50->60 when the xp needed is going to go down 90% in a few months, I'll just wait for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    Am I missing something fundamental? All they did was recolor his fur (or more correctly, used a baseline brown one and added some spots) and put some cartoonish ringmail armor on him. He still looks as ridiculous as the new baseline gnolls.
    This model now looks much closer to its HotS version, which in my opinion really nails how a high def version of Gnolls should look like.

At the very least, they gave this model bigger fangs / teeth, which the previous model was severly lacking.

Am I missing something fundamental?
    Yes, definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Why the fuck did they remove the XP buff? I swear being a customer of this fucking company is like being a battered housewife. They start doing great for months then knock you fucking teeth out for no reason.

That sounds VERY specific. Are you ok?

put some cartoonish ringmail armor on him.
    He wore cartoonish ringmail armor before too.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Record time? considering the hogger outrage happened over a month ago how long do you think it takes for someone to design a couple pieces of clothing and armor? If your answer is anything longer than a day well....low iq
    Two and a half weeks, actually. People at Blizz would've had to see the feedback, propose it be addressed to the higher-ups, have it approved as a high-priority target, and have an artist pulled away from designing assets for new content to make another gnoll variant with 3D armor. That's really not a lot of time for all of that to happen unless they suddenly became extraordinarily efficient.

They almost certainly had Hogger's new model planned, if it was cobbled together in an attempt to placate people, I guarantee they would've recolored his fur, thrown a 2D armor texture and an existing pauldron model on him and called it a day.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

1+ Year Old Account
    Well now hogger is such a furry *hore...who could've thought

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Record time? considering the hogger outrage happened over a month ago how long do you think it takes for someone to design a couple pieces of clothing and armor? If your answer is anything longer than a day well....low iq
    If you think it takes a single day to create an HD model (even if its just adding unique clothes, not upscaled) then youre clueless.

Armchair experts at their finest, you must agree with them or youre low iq.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    If you think it takes a single day to create an HD model (even if its just adding unique clothes, not upscaled) then youre clueless.

Armchair experts at their finest, you must agree with them or youre low iq.
    If you think that's an HD model that was created from scratch (when all it was was a slight exaggeration of teeth, some spray painted dots, and cheap armor thrown on) that required months of labor-intensive effort, then you're clueless.

Armchair experts at their finest. You must agree with them or you're low I.Q.

10+ Year Old Account
    idiots...ppl are still preparing for season 4

Remove the "plate" look from the armor on Hogger and he would look good. He looks weird. What kind of gnoll wears a plate vest with chain on it? It's just dumb and ugly.

It looks like Blizzard got some inspiration from Tremors. The head of that proto-drake looks like the head from the graboids.