Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

I'd have liked the Evoker to have a tank spec

Why? Cos mail users will finally have a tank class - and it's dragons man, surely they can tank
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-08-04 at 10:15 AM.

Ion said they would maybe do it later. So there is a small hope if many people ask for it. Having only 2 specs is make incomplete content.

Think they've said as above mentioned that it might happen.
    Think they also mentioned that either Dracthyr can be more races or Evoker opens up to other races as a possibility.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLamperouge View Post
    Ion said they would maybe do it later. So there is a small hope if many people ask for it. Having only 2 specs is make incomplete content.
    No it isn't.

That is the same when you tell someone you are maybe coming to their party.

It is a hard no without telling you directly nothing more.

I rather they work on enabling transmog (which they lazily kept out and people are actually chearing them on for it...) And opening more classes for the Draktyhr. Though i get why not more race can get evokers.

Not shitting on the idea, just tossing a couple of my thoughts about this out there.

The idea between the different tanks right now is due to their "fantasy". Plate wearers tank by taking the blows, blocking them and moving on while leather wearers tank by dodging them. Not sure how a mail wearer tank "fantasy" would play out. A mix of both? Seems odd to me personally.

Do we need more tanks? Does every class need to have tank, dps and healing? Mages can only dps, do they need tank spec? I think druids are the only class right now that can "do it all", as in have a melee and ranged dps specs, tank and healer. The rest is limited in some way, some more than others. The previous two hero-classes got tanking, not sure its needed for evoker beyond the (admittedly good) point about there not being a mail tank in the game atm.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLamperouge View Post
    Which translates to: Evoker won't ever get a tank spec, but we won't give a definitive answer to not upset players.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    The previous two hero-classes got tanking
    I love this sentence because every new class we got has a tank spec but you deliberately specified only "hero classes".

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I love this sentence because every new class we got has a tank spec but you deliberately specified only "hero classes".
    Meh, it was just me braindumping. Dont hyperfocus on that one word. And yes, they all got tank specs. Doesnt mean the new one must have it as well. And no, it wasnt deliberate, thanks for assuming.
    Last edited by talmir; 2022-08-04 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Which translates to: Evoker won't ever get a tank spec, but we won't give a definitive answer to not upset players.
    Aren't we still waiting for the DHs ranged spec? That would be pretty damn awesome. WE could use the extra ranged spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, it was just me braindumping. Dont hyperfocus on that one word. And yes, they all got tank specs. Doesnt mean the new one must have it as well. And no, it wasnt deliberate, thanks for assuming.
    I wasn't 100% serious, I'm sorry. It's just everyone forgets about monk just like Blizzard haha.

And my point was more like: we don't need another tank class. It's more about refining what we have already and making the tank role in general more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Why? Cos mail users will finally have a tank class - and it's dragons man, surely they can tank
    well, I don't. because I do not want another class that "can tank" that nobody will tank on anyways.

also it causes them more issues to balance stuff and we need more people who already play tank classes to tank more, adding another class wont help and the vitriol comments to when people go in to tank, moves people away from it, same with healers tbh, people need to stop being negative to tanks and maybe, just maybe there would be more tanks around, which means we don't need another tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    well, I don't. because I do not want another class that "can tank" that nobody will tank on anyways.

also it causes them more issues to balance stuff and we need more people who already play tank classes to tank more, adding another class wont help and the vitriol comments to when people go in to tank, moves people away from it, same with healers tbh, people need to stop being negative to tanks and maybe, just maybe there would be more tanks around, which means we don't need another tank spec.
    That's a community issue and perception one though, having a t ank option on another class would always be better than not having one, surely.

And should the perception, exdperience and draw to play tank increase unilaterally, tat would be a plus.

The r is also one more issue, currently, the Drachtyr are the only race that can't play a tank class. The Evoker should have all roles like the druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is also one more issue, currently, the Drachtyr are the only race that can't play a tank class. The Evoker should have all roles like the druid.
    We need to stop treating Dracthyr like an actual race. Right now they are not a complete race so we can't compare them to other races.

Personally I like having something "new", every class that has come out since Wrath has had a tank spec attached. We have had Tank/Melee DPS/Melee DPS, Tank/Melee DPS/Healer, Tank/Melee DPS and now Range DPS/Healer. Evoker is a nice change of pace from Melee/Tank combo that seemed to be a trend for each new class added.

Rather than adding tank to evoker, I'd much rather the dragon race be opened to other classes. Dragon Warrior would be fun imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

And I'd like Dracthyr to be able to be other classes.

Guess we're both not getting what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Personally I like having something "new", every class that has come out since Wrath has had a tank spec attached. We have had Tank/Melee DPS/Melee DPS, Tank/Melee DPS/Healer, Tank/Melee DPS and now Range DPS/Healer. Evoker is a nice change of pace from Melee/Tank combo that seemed to be a trend for each new class added.

Rather than adding tank to evoker, I'd much rather the dragon race be opened to other classes. Dragon Warrior would be fun imo.
    Fix it with Evoker tanks spec and DH range spec ?

Fix it with Evoker tanks spec and DH range spec ?
    Not every class needs to be able to do everything.

Not every class needs to be able to do everything.
    No, true, but we do need more range specs, and DH range is core to its lore, and 3 specs would be nice.

Also, dragons are huge tanks fuckers, I still feel if the Evoker is the only class to Dracthyr it should at least have 3 roles

No, true, but we do need more range specs, and DH range is core to its lore, and 3 specs would be nice.

Also, dragons are huge tanks fuckers, I still feel if the Evoker is the only class to Dracthyr it should at least have 3 roles
    Its just a small point, and pretty irrelevant. But dracthyr are not actual dragons. They are half-breeds of dragons and mortal races (Elves and humans I think).
    Going by that logic elves should probably not be able to play as paladin or warrior tanks since the are so light and flimsy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’d rather they not force it if they don’t know how approach nor had original plans to do so. DH is lackluster as is and they clearly don’t want to give them a ranged spec.

Evoker isn’t the class fantasy players imagine from ESO Dragon Knight (we already have Enhance shamans anyway). Dragonsworn were never described as their own class but as protectors of dragonflights.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-08-04 at 01:25 PM.