Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is hilarious because it shows exactly why these threads need to be nuked.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    That's a myth, I have a 10 year badge and I've had more infractions than your average Joe, admittedly that was a while back but still, who cares how long you've been registered if you break the rules?

The problem is modern day society where people take offence to literally every single minute fucking thing and the fact the moderation on this site is woeful, not sure if it's still the case but I was told by a former mod you have your own section to deal with and that's it, you can't go into another section and "moderate" hence why you have mods "spamming" in this section without modding, simply because they can't.

Whether or not it's this site or Twitter, fact is you can't say jack shit without hurting a snowflakes feelings and getting in trouble for that, the sooner people realise "free speech" means absolutely nothing the better.

Then again this poor excuse for a human thinks that Russia isn't committing genocide so who gives a fuck what he says.
    Maybe it would help if that term wasn't abused so often, at present it's a slow take on "The boy who cried wolf!".

That way it'd be clear what was meant, as Ukraine has been accused by most of its neighbors of genocide as well over its attempts to forcefully "assimilate" not just Russians, but Hungarians, Romanians and even Polish as well (though it is politically expedient not to talk about it for most of those countries).

Russia has used this as part of the pretext for the invasion as well, illustrating the risk of calling something a genocide when it clearly isn't.
    Genocide is about a lot more than just a lot of people dying, it requires an intention to remove a "genus" (from either a territory or from life in general), often interpreted to be a nation or seminational identity.

Personally i feel that all these claims are a disgrace, when in practice these are all just common political and military games.

But i think that it would help you to realise that this degraded emotionally defined "genocide" is part of what enabled this mess in the first place.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Maybe it would help if that term wasn't abused so often, at present it's a slow take on "The boy who cried wolf!".
    In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

Killing members of the group;
    Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
    Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
    Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
    Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Elements of the crime

So Russia has achieved 4 out of the 5 triggers for "genocide" according to the United Nations so please tell me how it still isn't genocide?

Jesus christ. Mods, please nuke this thread already. Jeeze

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    I'm curious why people get so offended over something, I mean if you don't like the thread why you here bro? amount of times I've went into a thread and felt it was a cluster fuck and left yet I didn't get upset and beg for the mods to nuke it.

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

Killing members of the group;
    Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
    Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
    Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
    Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Elements of the crime

So Russia has achieved 4 out of the 5 triggers for "genocide" according to the United Nations so please tell me how it still isn't genocide?
    Which of these has Ukraine not been guilty of as well?
    That's the issue with this definition, it enabled the invasion, Russia used it to "intervene on behalf of their people".

It's a shitty definition, ironically enabling genocide.

I'm curious why people get so offended over something, I mean if you don't like the thread why you here bro? amount of times I've went into a thread and felt it was a cluster fuck and left yet I didn't get upset and beg for the mods to nuke it.
    You serious? Ok then.

This is a thread about how good threads get closed. It is caused by retards in the comments going on unrelated tangents for pages and pages. we are three pages in and you idjits are already talking about some russian genocide shit. Seeing that I posted a joking comment about how the admins should nuke the thread. In the context of the subject matter and the tangent already seen I found it funny to comment that.

Pull that stick out of your ass, you'll feel better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which of these has Ukraine not been guilty of as well?
    That's the issue with this definition, it enabled the invasion, Russia used it to "intervene on behalf of their people".

It's a shitty definition, ironically enabling genocide.
    I have no idea, show me where Ukraine waltzed into another country to commit genocide in recent history.

This.
    We don't agree on the subject of Ukraine, but that does not mean much for anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    You serious? Ok then.

This is a thread about how good threads get closed. It is caused by retards in the comments going on unrelated tangents for pages and pages. we are three pages in and you idjits are already talking about some russian genocide shit. Seeing that I posted a joking comment about how the admins should nuke the thread. In the context of the subject matter and the tangent already seen I found it funny to comment that.

Pull that stick out of your ass, you'll feel better.
    Seems like you've got the stick up your ass, calm your tits kiddo.

I have no idea, show me where Ukraine waltzed into another country to commit genocide in recent history.
    Well that's where the issue of the Donbass comes into play.

A little "country" "invaded" by their larger cousin, accused by others of wanting to eradicate their culture.

The Russians claim it's the Donbass, the west claims it's Ukraine.

Me?
    I note that the Donbass wasn't a country when this conflict started, but also that violent repression of minorities was and is a real thing in Ukraine, and that populaces have a right to self-determination (self-evident imo, but the UN also recognises it).
    I also note that the claim that Russians intend the end of the Ukrainian state is contradicted both by the one-sided (western) repetitions of such claims as well as its still recent history of peaceful cooperation and coexistence.

As such i conclude that all this talk of "genocide" only befuddles the term, and aided in the creation of the present situation which i deem "a mess".

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Moderation? On this forums? Lol. This Website has a ton of trolls on it and spammers. The mods don't do anything about them, yet you say one wrong thing, they ban you or infract your account. It's why I stopped using it. I can get my news faster from WoWhead. Not to mention some of the posters on here are toxic as fuck. But you are gonna find Toxic 40 year olds that live in their basement everywhere. It's still not as bad as twitter.

Anyways. I'm probably gonna get infracted or banned cause I talked shit about the Mod. They royally suck and don't do their jobs. Fire them. Hire people who will actually mod and not infract your comment and claim it's trolling. TY, see yall in a month or 6. Who knows. <3
    Mods on wowhead are way too power trippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Let's get one thing out of the way - not allowing to discuss moderation is dictatorship. Like China, Eritrea, etc.
    Imagine if Xi said "you are not allowed to publicly say ANYTHING about me, instead send me an email".
    That's ridiculous and that rule needs to go.

Anyway, to my point.
    Mods need to do some actualy moderation for once.
    Many of them (you know who you are) are spamposting in every forum instead of doing their job. It's fine to discuss, but do your job properly, mkay?

What happens is that a GOOD thread gets a ton of bad posts and gets closed by a mod leaving all the bad posts in it.
    You're killing the forum. YOU. Not the posters. The mods are.
    Leave the damn thread open and delete the posts that are offensive and issue infractions (but go easy on these as you're way too trigger happy atm).

And finally, stop taking sides and infracting people who disagree with your opinion and using trolling as an excuse. That shit is not cool. If I go to the Ukraine thread and say that it does needs to be denazified, that is not trolling and it's not a reason for infraction.
    These are the hilarious unironic hot takes that I come to this site for, you aren't entitled to repeat state propaganda on a game forum and your acting like its 1939 germany, absolutely top shelf trolling or you have a room temperature IQ either way my sides are in space.

15+ Year Old Account

A little "country" "invaded" by their larger cousin, accused by others of wanting to eradicate their culture.

Me?
    I note that the Donbass wasn't a country when this conflict started, but also that violent repression of minorities was and is a real thing in Ukraine, and that populaces have a right to self-determination (self-evident imo, but the UN also recognises it).
    I also note that the claim that Russians intend the end of the Ukrainian state is contradicted both by the one-sided (western) repetitions of such claims as well as its still recent history of peaceful cooperation and coexistence.

As such i conclude that all this talk of "genocide" only befuddles the term, and aided in the creation of the present situation which i deem "a mess".
    Didn't Donbass belong to Ukraine? either way from what I've read Russia essentially sent terrorists equipped with modern military technology into Donbass so Ukraine retaliated and while Putin has claimed it was because of them committing "genocide" in Donbass there's been no proof, that I can find anyway, to back that up. Whereas we have ample proof already of Russia committing "genocide" in Ukraine.

"I also note that the claim that Russians intend the end of the Ukrainian state is contradicted both by the one-sided"

So if what Russia has done thus far wasn't intending to "end" Ukraine, what was it intended to do? I mean sure if they went all out on the Donbass region but what does trying to take over Kyiv have to do with Donbass? what does constantly bombing and executing civilians outside of Donbass have to do with anything if not to end Ukraine?

Either way, Russia committing genocide doesn't make it less genocide because Ukraine may or may not have done it 8 years ago, it's genocide either way according to the official definition of the word. If you disagree with people calling it as such you can contact the UN or every dictionary in the world and tell them to change the definition but based on that, you can't watch videos of Russia committing said crimes and fail to call it genocide.

Or explain to me how executing people, bombing cities, deliberately targetting civilians and taking over a country doesn't match said definition.
    Last edited by Naoto; 2022-08-04 at 11:47 AM.

Me?

I can rest easy knowing that any individual with half a brain will not take you seriously. You lambast people for being one sided and you litreally sound like you only consume Russian state sponsored media and conspiracy theories and present the them as deep insight into the matter because you "concluded and deemed it" to be true.

You posted twice, added nothing to the topic at hand and just moaned about other peope. The point of OP stands. Its the subject that i find a problem with that he picked as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Manniis View Post
    I can rest easy knowing that any individual with half a brain will not take you seriously. You lambast people for being one sided and you litreally sound like you only consume Russian state sponsored media and conspiracy theories and present the them as deep insight into the matter because you "concluded and deemed it" to be true.

You posted twice, added nothing to the topic at hand and just moaned about other peope. The point of OP stands. Its the subject that i find a problem with that he picked as an example.
    There is no topic dude, its yet another asshole acting like not being able to repeat bullshit is the same as being censored. Cry me a fucking river.

It's actually funny how this thread follows the same pattern as stated in the OP. There is a few bad bois (with low post counts this time!) whose only purpose seems to troll and derail. Instead of locking the thread. Just get rid of those. The discussion was good, healthy and constructive until they came in.

Example is in the post above this one: sub 20 post troll replying to another sub 20 post troll. Get rid of those, keep the thread alive and the discussion can prosper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It's actually funny how this thread follows the same pattern as stated in the OP. There is a few bad bois (with low post counts this time!) whose only purpose seems to troll and derail. Instead of locking the thread. Just get rid of those. The discussion was good, healthy and constructive until they came in.

Example is in the post above this one: sub 20 post troll replying to another sub 20 post troll. Get rid of those, keep the thread alive and the discussion can prosper.
    I agree, don't get what the big deal is considering there's no name calling or anything remotely offensive going on yet as I said earlier, people take offence to literally everything and are so easily offended rather than just walk away they get all worked up over nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I'm reading is some ungrateful twats moaning how they don't like the way these forums are moderated.

So here's the thing:
    a) No one is forcing you to be here.
    b) Privately owned forums.
    c) Moderating is a volunteer job, and while that is not an excuse to allow poor moderation, mods are also only human and can make mistakes, stop treating them like they're not human.
    d) Without the moderators, there would be no forums for you lot to sit and whine on. Show some fucking gratitude.

Rant over. Now more coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    All I'm reading is some ungrateful twats moaning how they don't like the way these forums are moderated.

So here's the thing:
    a) No one is forcing you to be here.
    b) Privately owned forums.
    c) Moderating is a volunteer job, and while that is not an excuse to allow poor moderation, mods are also only human and can make mistakes, stop treating them like they're not human.
    d) Without the moderators, there would be no forums for you lot to sit and whine on. Show some fucking gratitude.

Rant over. Now more coffee.
    As stated earlier, the amount of trolls with 10 year badges is insane. See for example this post I quoted. Nothing constructive was mentioned and it only serves to bait certain types of people to reply tp it. All 4 arguments given are strawmans. It could also be a mods' account before they got moderator. Stuff like this is just too sad for words to describe.
    Last edited by micwini; 2022-08-04 at 12:11 PM.