Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    after torturing helpless refugees using the void
    One refugee, who was uncooperative and spat on her face.

Besides, the subject in question survived. She might be left a little brain-damaged, but it's nothing an average healer can't fix.

Perhaps it should serve as a reminder that Alleria Windrunner is the Leader of the Ren'dorei (a major playable race of the Alliance) as well as the wife of the (at the time) Lord Commander of All Alliance forces. The refugee spat on the face of literally one of the world's most important leaders. Try to do that irl and you won't receive food and blankets in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    He was the one who addressed their fallen, prayed for their dead, and was the healing voice/face they had through most hardship.
    He was also the one who repeatedly betrayed them and sacrificed their lives for his selfish idealism. His actions or lack thereof caused most of the hardship and death his people saw.

In a setting where there are actual consequences, he would have been torn from the throne and executed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    One refugee, who was uncooperative and spat on her face.

Besides, the subject in question survived. She might be left a little brain-damaged, but it's nothing an average healer can't fix.
    Ah, I guess that makes it okay.

Was getting a little worried there about the whole tortured-until-brain-damage-set-in thing, but if it was just one person and they can be fixed afterward, I guess a little torture isn't so bad. Like tickling, really. Nothing to be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The refugee spat on the face of literally one of the world's most important leaders. Try to do that irl and you won't receive food and blankets in return.
    That's true. And we all know the correct response to spitting in someone's face is torturing them into brain damage. Definitely not blankets.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    He was also the one who repeatedly betrayed them and sacrificed their lives for his selfish idealism. His actions or lack thereof caused most of the hardship and death his people saw.

In a setting where there are actual consequences, he would have been torn from the throne and executed.
    Mmm. I don't agree in the slightest bit, but it's getting off topic so that's all I'll say.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I wonder what their kids will look like?

Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

lol at the time skip after all the dev talk of "oh there won't be a time skip"

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Pretty forced but no one is talking about this fact.
    ya, this forced couple going full steam ahead eh, wonder which writer's fanfic this romance is.

and I really don't like off-screen romances like this in any story, where it just skips through any development of the relationship and just suddenly presents you with "oh, they getting married now"... just makes it rushed and uninteresting, which this is has been from the start.

as opposed to this forced and rushed romance, look at Turalyon and Alleria. Despite that having a 1k year timeskip for their relationship, you still could accept and buy into it as they had actual development and story before they disappeared. There was something to that relationship before meeting them in Legion.

also as side note, I see thalyssra continues to seemingly act like nothing happened with the night elves, no care about her actions and attitude towards them after the genocide as she was too busy chasing this dumb romance. Totally not elisandre like there eh Thalyssra.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    More cringe dialogue, wow writers should stop trying to do those "romance" in the game, it just look like bad fanfiction, just say they got together and be done with it, i still ahve ptsd with Thrall from cata.
    lol ya, the dialogue around these romances are so bad... but then Danuser and co. are no strangers to cringey writing (the Pallid Lady being another recent garbage thing by them).
    Last edited by voidox; 2022-08-04 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    lol at the time skip after all the dev talk of "oh there won't be a time skip"

ya, this forced couple going full steam ahead eh, wonder which writer's fanfic this romance is.

and I really don't like off-screen romances like this in any story, where it just skips through any development of the relationship and just suddenly presents you with "oh, they getting married now"... just makes it rushed and uninteresting, which this is has been from the start.

as opposed to this forced and rushed romance, look at Turalyon and Alleria. Despite that having a 1k year timeskip for their relationship, you still could accept and buy into it as they had actual development and story before they disappeared. There was something to that relationship before meeting them in Legion.

also as side note, I see thalyssra continues to seemingly act like nothing happened with the night elves, no care about her actions and attitude towards them after the genocide as she was too busy chasing this dumb romance. Totally not elisandre like there eh Thalyssra.

lol ya, the dialogue around these romances are so bad... but then Danuser and co. are no strangers to cringey writing (the Pallid Lady being another recent garbage thing by them).
    lorthemar and thalyssra did not participate in the burning of teldrassil, they fought against azshara and against sylvanas.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/st...oment-in-verse

lorthemar and thalyssra did not participate in the burning of teldrassil, they fought against azshara and against sylvanas.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/st...oment-in-verse
    So just like Garrosh, retcons galore to pretend everyone was against Sylvie the whole time.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

So just like Garrosh, retcons galore to pretend everyone was against Sylvie the whole time.
    war crimes are the responsibility of those who commit them the moroccan allies in italy raped and killed thousands of men, women, children and elderly civilians. that does not make roosevelt guilty of those crimes

war crimes are the responsibility of those who commit them the moroccan allies in italy raped and killed thousands of men, women, children and elderly civilians. that does not make roosevelt guilty of those crimes
    Excellent, then you understand that what happened in BfA cannot simply be handwaved as "Sylvie did it!"

I assume you further understand that leaders are responsible for their people? Nightborne and BElves both prominently participated in BfA.

Excellent, then you understand that what happened in BfA cannot simply be handwaved as "Sylvie did it!"

I assume you further understand that leaders are responsible for their people? Nightborne and BElves both prominently participated in BfA.
    It's always the classical excuse, putting all the blame on one or a few leaders or the demon blood rather than acknowledge the responsability and guilt of those who followed.

This makes the Nightborne particularly hypocritical and unsympathetic to have followed another evil tyrant and helped the Horde against their own brethren, with the only excuse, and a very bad one, being of Tyrande having been mean to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    It's always the classical excuse, putting all the blame on one or a few leaders or the demon blood rather than acknowledge the responsability and guilt of those who followed.

This makes the Nightborne particularly hypocritical and unsympathetic to have followed another evil tyrant and helped the Horde against their own brethren, with the only excuse, and a very bad one, being of Tyrande having been mean to them.
    They proved themselves to be great Horde members right away, going against everything they SAID they believed for a chance at slaughter and conquest. Thalyssra was completely destroyed as a character, first falling for the Disney tour of Silvermoon (conveniently not being shown say Org or Undercity) like a gullible fool, then merrily contributing to the very conquest she was adamantly against during Legion.

They proved themselves to be great Horde members right away, going against everything they SAID they believed for a chance at slaughter and conquest. Thalyssra was completely destroyed as a character, first falling for the Disney tour of Silvermoon (conveniently not being shown say Org or Undercity) like a gullible fool, then merrily contributing to the very conquest she was adamantly against during Legion.
    Yep, the Nightborne developping a positive relation with the Blood Elves is perfectly understandable, but them not even taking a look at what kind of allies the BE had and at the Horde's history and warchief, and deciding to join the Horde anyway so quickly, was utterly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Yep, the Nightborne developping a positive relation with the Blood Elves is perfectly understandable, but them not even taking a look at what kind of allies the BE had and at the Horde's history and warchief, and deciding to join the Horde anyway so quickly, was utterly stupid.
    Is not stupid. It really is the most logical.
    The Highborne are hypocrites who would kill a child to get a lollipop and then blame the Child. They are of the color of the skin that is.

The Nightborne joined the faction that didn't require them to have morals so they could continue doing what they wanted... Just like the Belf.

They are two Hypocrite factions and it would be good if WoW accepts it and starts working on it instead of leaving it as Idiots.
    Thalyssra should be celebrating because they burned down Teldrazzil so there is no one left to prove that she wants to be like Azhara.

PS: and I say this as an Argentine who hopes for a third world war to see if we can sell food to both sides again as we did in the other two. I don't want to cause harm to anyone. But if the world goes badly, it benefits me XD

Tell me what war crime the armies of Quelthalas and Suramar participated in. the only war crime is the burning of teldrassil and the only blood elf who fought in the war of thorns was lorash in which he only attacked military targets and died before the burning

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Is not stupid. It really is the most logical.
    The Highborne are hypocrites who would kill a child to get a lollipop and then blame the Child. They are of the color of the skin that is.

The Nightborne joined the faction that didn't require them to have morals so they could continue doing what they wanted... Just like the Belf.

They are two Hypocrite factions and it would be good if WoW accepts it and starts working on it instead of leaving it as Idiots.
    Thalyssra should be celebrating because they burned down Teldrazzil so there is no one left to prove that she wants to be like Azhara.

PS: and I say this as an Argentine who hopes for a third world war to see if we can sell food to both sides again as we did in the other two. I don't want to cause harm to anyone. But if the world goes badly, it benefits me XD
    if there is a third world war humanity ceases to exist the reason why there was no third world war until today is because of that

Tell me what war crime the armies of Quelthalas and Suramar participated in. the only war crime is the burning of teldrassil and the only blood elf who fought in the war of thorns was lorash in which he only attacked military targets and died before the burning

- - - Updated - - -

if there is a third world war humanity ceases to exist the reason why there was no third world war until today is because of that
    You know about Lorash because he have a name, others do not. It's stated this war about the Horde against (no orc or troll its a horde, all horde races in it) the night elf's.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed war crimes continued to be committed after Teldrazzil.
    They can say that with the first they did not know. But they are responsible for the rest.

They also broke the Horde's codes of Honor by not turning against Sylvanas after Teldrazzil.

Besides, we must remember that they are LEADERS, not soldiers or civilians. They are responsible for everything their nation does.

At one point their nation said "if we are going to defend this genocide that seeks to commit more and more war crimes" and there they became guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    You know about Lorash because he have a name, others do not. It's stated this war about the Horde against (no orc or troll its a horde, all horde races in it) the night elf's.
    I played war of thorns and there were no other blood elves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Indeed war crimes continued to be committed after Teldrazzil.
    They can say that with the first they did not know. But they are responsible for the rest.

They also broke the Horde's codes of Honor by not turning against Sylvanas after Teldrazzil.

Besides, we must remember that they are LEADERS, not soldiers or civilians. They are responsible for everything their nation does.

At one point their nation said "if we are going to defend this genocide that seeks to commit more and more war crimes" and there they became guilty.
    What war crimes were committed by Quelthalas and Suramar? give me an example. being an ally of war criminals does not make you a war criminal if you did not commit war crimes. roosevelt is not responsible for stalin's crimes

- - - Updated - - -

What war crimes were committed by Quelthalas and Suramar? give me an example. being an ally of war criminals does not make you a war criminal if you did not commit war crimes. roosevelt is not responsible for stalin's crimes
    In the quest they represent trough Lorash, but u can see blood elf in the darkshore cinematic.

Don't really think real life example work here in this case. Roosevelt have his crimes, every leader have, but if they are on the winning side then they will not pay for it.
    In real life not the good will win and the bad will pay for its sins. Everyone can become a monster in a wartime. (most do)
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-05 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Deleting stuff about Hitler.

- - - Updated - - -

Send troops so that all those war crimes can be committed?

Even the Tauren were happily burning Teldrazzil.

Actively defend those who commit the crimes so that they continue to commit them?