Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    it's so easy to get it on your own, even with a brand new alt. just do a mythic zero, queue up with your +2 build your own group - its no big deal to beat the timer until +10 even with shit gear. if you get your +15 wait until the god pumper queue for their 278 weekly, invite them and get carried.

dont waste your money its so easy. stop support this shit.

ok
    So you made this thread just to brag who great and good you are?

Either that or you are baiting the "elitists are everywhere" crowd....

Not everyone even likes to do Mythic+.
    I basically had to run them with my guild because of the extra gear you get.

But if they just dislodge mthiy+ raiding and pvp i would be sooooo happy. Mythic+ is repetetive stress nothing mroe for me. So if my guild doesn't have time or its tuesday night allready i try for a bit and if i can't find anyone i buy a boost.
    Hate the content but you need the lootpinata that is the weekly shitbox gamble-play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I haf tons of alts, can't imagine paying someone 100k gold each time...that person only needs to do three +15s to be able to buy a token, that takes no time at all, that is overpriced af...should go down by at least half!

- - - Updated - - -

U want full 311 iLvl gear week one?...
    I tend not to subscribe on week 1 due to their incessant timegating, i tend to only play when the game is fully available for consumption at my leisure.

Wouldi like to gear fully in a single week?
    No, but i would like for it to be possible, as in practice i might have only a few weekends available in a given timespan. If i can do what i want when i want, well, then i can stay subscribed as long as there is fun stuff to do, rather than unsubscribing whenever timegating gets on my nerves again on alt number 17 or so.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

I don't think SKILL is the main cause for boosting, it's time.
    Basically this. People are used to get EVERYTHING NOW. So they buy a boost, they don't care about actually playing the game, but they care to tell friends they are so high ilvl and have done this and that.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Basically this. People are used to get EVERYTHING NOW. So they buy a boost, they don't care about actually playing the game, but they care to tell friends they are so high ilvl and have done this and that.
    This and also: I know people that literally have 10's of millions of gold just sitting there. They literally pay 100,000 for a run and sit back and go watch netflix.. like literally they dont even care. For me I just enjoy M+ so..

Lots of assumptions there.

First, some people just dont have the time or ability to do 15's legit. People are not necessarily used to getting "EVERYTHING NOW". Thats a huge assumption on your part. There are a ton of reasons to buy a boost. Instant gratification might not even count into it.

Second, they might actually care to play the game and might even put in more hours than you or me but they prefer to just pay for the boost to get some equipment that helps whatever their main passion in game become easier.

Third, you assume that they brag to their friends. Why would they? They just spent the equivalent of maybe five bucks to get a thing in their vault, or perhaps one step closer to the ksm mount.

I dont buy boosts myself, but a friend of mine does. He collects mounts and pets, and he buys a weekly 15 boost purely so it makes his life easier in the rest of the game. There is no pretense there, no bragging, no instant gratification and he probably plays the game more than me. All it is is time allocation. He has x amounts of hours per week to play so he spends it like he wants, collecting stuff, rather than spending hours upon hours to gear for something he has no interest in beyond making his casual activities easier.

You read "I don't think SKILL is the main cause for boosting, it's time." and while I am likely wrong it strikes me that you misunderstood the meaning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, happening since the new gen came into mmorpgs. They want everything and they want it NOW.
    Glad im 35 and had the best years of mmorpg without all the weak kids.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    People pay for convenience, just as I used to get paid to tank, help level through dungeons, or ease tmog farming. I mean, hell, why do people buy guild signatures?

It’s a pretty big time investment to complete KSM if you’re DPS. People like to say finding a guild or pug is easy but it takes time away from the day - WoW guilds tend to be less social than they used to be. Some players don’t even main FotM class/specs; high keyrunners choose the path of least resistance, just as players do when they buy boosts.

This isn’t limited to current gaming. Vanilla used to have boosting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Yep, happening since the new gen came into mmorpgs. They want everything and they want it NOW.
    Glad im 35 and had the best years of mmorpg without all the weak kids.
    Can’t really blame kids when it’s engineered by adults. FOMO tracks are the current design.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It’s a pretty big time investment to complete KSM if you’re DPS.
    Preach, brother! I mainly play ret which in itself is a pretty bad decision if you are going for KSM without a guild as its understandibly not the "meta choice" I started late into third season and had to mostly pug my way to KSM. I spent quite a lot of time spamming the lfg tool to try and find a group that would take me. Thank god I found the community "Scared of Dungeons" which has good people in it, otherwise I'd never have managed to finish in the three weeks I had to complete ksm. Did it in the nick of time though.

Sell boosts in the first 2-3 weeks of a new season, to buy gametime and boosts for alts later on.

Pretty simple, really. I'm not gonna burden friends with carrying alts I wanna gear up, when they could be pushing keys and doing other things. Certainly not gonna deal with pugging, either, when I don't have to. Especially when I have more than enough gold to do this.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    Preach, brother! I mainly play ret which in itself is a pretty bad decision if you are going for KSM without a guild as its understandibly not the "meta choice" I started late into third season and had to mostly pug my way to KSM. I spent quite a lot of time spamming the lfg tool to try and find a group that would take me. Thank god I found the community "Scared of Dungeons" which has good people in it, otherwise I'd never have managed to finish in the three weeks I had to complete ksm. Did it in the nick of time though.
    I simply don't want to waste my time that's why. Carries are a service just like food delivery.

it's so easy to get it on your own, even with a brand new alt. just do a mythic zero, queue up with your +2 build your own group - its no big deal to beat the timer until +10 even with shit gear. if you get your +15 wait until the god pumper queue for their 278 weekly, invite them and get carried.

ok
    most people that pay for boosts aren't worried about gold or money, rest of this post is bait tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest factor in buying a +15 vs working a fresh key is TIME.

for what amounts to 10 bucks (NA Realms are hovering around 200k for a Token) you can get a single +15 done with a guaranteed max ilvl piece in your vault.

Or instead you can take your 2 and work it to a +15. 20-30 minutes at a time. assuming you can +3 it every time, its a minimum of 3 hours. And that's not including if you +2, +1, or fail it. Tank an elitist prick? -1 to your key cause you or another pug pulled an extra pack.

As our Goblin buddies say, "Time is Money, Friend"

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and another point: You can *SAY* you worked a fresh key to +15, and got KSM... but there's no way to prove it one way or another. Fake it till you make it. While you're sitting in Oribos on your kinda ugly KSM mount, people will assume one way or the other.
    Last edited by SinR; 2022-08-04 at 04:42 PM. Reason: I did the math wrong
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Id do it for alts only, maybe for 2-3 weeks until my main is 100% caught up, then i start moving to alts. but this season is easy,

ok
    It's all about saving time.

If I can drop 50k for a boosted 15, and be done in 30 mins, versus having 4-5 groups fail a +15 because the 1500+ io tanks or DPS fucking suck, I've now wasted 4-5 hours of my time I can't get back, and I still haven't cleared the 15.

Luckily if you're in a guild, it becomes easier. Swapping +15 carries for each others alts, is a nice way to have that help. But again, a boost costs nothing, and gold is so easy to come by, its about time, and time only.

If it bothers you others do it, too bad, grow up. Not everyone needs to do what you think is right.

Because it's easier and accessible thanks to WoW being P2W. Next question.

And people say that this game doesn't have any toxic elitism

ok
    If you use that Methode you will need 7-8 runs on avg to finish your +15.
    That's 8* ~35 minutes, double that for queueing time if you are a DPS. That's roughly 560 minutes or over 9 hours.
    And that assumes no run fails, no leavers etc
    Compare that to ~40min a boost run takes including communication and transactions and you know why people buy boosts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    unless you buy or sell boosts why do you care about people buying or selling them?
    Because it's a pay to win mechanic that's being paid for with real money.
    Yes, it is a problem, it's just that guy arguments are not the best.

ok
    Why do you care? What business of yours is it what other people do with their time? I'm sure if people went around telling you what to do all day, you'd throw a hissy. So why is it OK for you and not everyone else?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

ok
    Lol do you know how long it would take to do a 15 working up from a zero? A lot easier to spend a 100k on a guaranteed run.

Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    First, some people just dont have the time or ability to do 15's legit.
    If you don't have the time or the skill needed, you're not supposed to do them. It's not automatic to have the chance of doing everything in the game nor people is entitled to have it. If they buy them, it's because they want the rewards without the effort required - doesn't really matter the reason. You stated it - your friend wnats the gear because it makes the game easier but doesn't want to actually play the game and get its related rewards.

Being able to buy things it's not the same as deserving them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moose184 View Post
    Lol do you know how long it would take to do a 15 working up from a zero? A lot easier to spend a 100k on a guaranteed run.
    It's how you're supposed, or better, it's LITERALLY playing the game you're paying a sub for. You're paying more to skip the game you pay to play. To each its own i suppose.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-08-05 at 05:13 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.