Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Can I say this thing with the Oathstones feels lazy to me? Every zone is about a flight charging up their oathstone, it's cheap fantasy story.
    It also serves no purpose beyond I guess making ready for when we do the time travel content patch and snatch the Tyr disc which in turn leads to the final showdown in 10.3 (Please..)
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    What does that even mean? There is no gender neutral voice.
    Don't get baited, this is what this guy only talks about.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    It also serves no purpose beyond I guess making ready for when we do the time travel content patch and snatch the Tyr disc which in turn leads to the final showdown in 10.3 (Please..)
    I am guessing the final one is the black which is either Underground or in the Dracthyr starting zone. COllect the Pillars, no the Oathstones, no the Dragonballs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    They're obviously going to be male and female voices, Blizz are not that insane.
    No they won't.

They will be Voice 1 and Voice 2. Probably even mismatched so that Voice 1 fits Body 2 and vice versa.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want Sims or Saints Row-esque voice options.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No they won't.

They will be Voice 1 and Voice 2. Probably even mismatched so that Voice 1 fits Body 2 and vice versa.
    I very much doubt that, I think some people are just taking things a little too far over the renaming of male and female bodies and are crying the sky is falling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I very much doubt that, I think some people are just taking things a little too far over the renaming of male and female bodies and are crying the sky is falling.
    Considering how many times they have posted about the label change, the person you are quoting is one of those people.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Eh, the lads never used them and they didn't make that much sense either.
    Frankly, it's good they never used them. Wings like that would never actually work and invariably look dumb in use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Can I say this thing with the Oathstones feels lazy to me? Every zone is about a flight charging up their oathstone, it's cheap fantasy story.
    It makes sense to me in light of the predicament of the Dragonflights and their Aspects post-Cata when they expended their power to destroy Deathwing. The Oathstones sound like a means for them to power up once more, restoring at least a degree of their former might in order to combat the many enemies that seem to be at their door during this expansion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has a thing for making us collect precisely 5 weird mcguffins.
    First the Pillars, then the Sigils, now the Oathstones.

Sadly the latter 2 are not nearly as interesting as the Pillars.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    ....If they intend to restore their former powers they need to explain it somehow. So thats not cheap.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I want Sims or Saints Row-esque voice options.
    Only if we get a zombie voice and a singing section to go with it.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I think that's more coinkydink. It's been 5 aspect flights for a considerable amount of time, so 5 stones makes sense.

We usually only have to collect 4 sword fragments/special stones/a specific dredger's heads (they're weird, ok?) for raid shortcuts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It makes sense to me in light of the predicament of the Dragonflights and their Aspects post-Cata when they expended their power to destroy Deathwing. The Oathstones sound like a means for them to power up once more, restoring at least a degree of their former might in order to combat the many enemies that seem to be at their door during this expansion.
    The issue is the formulaic and uninspired story. Each flight has a special thing, go capture it! Each the kind of plot you write for your campaign when you are twelve. I know cause I DID write that plot back then

- - - Updated - - -

Less of a weird thing and more of a writer's crutch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is the formulaic and uninspired story. Each flight has a special thing, go capture it! Each the kind of plot you write for your campaign when you are twelve. I know cause I DID write that plot back then
    I think maybe you are being a bit dramatic about this. Good grief
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think maybe you are being a bit dramatic about this. Good grief
    I just find it a poor way to write a story. Especially when you've done it several times in a row. I also don't know where you are reading the drama. It's fair criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The issue is the formulaic and uninspired story. Each flight has a special thing, go capture it! Each the kind of plot you write for your campaign when you are twelve. I know cause I DID write that plot back then.
    It's a pretty basic fantasy staple, sure; although this is less about "capturing" and more about restoration and re-empowerment. It's also a good way to create essential goals in a video game context, where you want a series of challenges and plot points to be overcome by engaging with the game systems. I'm just saying that aside from the perhaps tired MacGuffin meme, that the Dragonflights would have such an object of power to restore them is consistent with their story as previously told.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    that the Dragonflights would have such an object of power to restore them is consistent with their story as previously told.
    It is? How so? Has anything similar been shown in the past regarding the flights?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It is? How so? Has anything similar been shown in the past regarding the flights?
    The original Aspects were empowered via a Titanic device of some kind, one employed by Keeper Tyr in the events of Dawn of the Aspects. We also know that the Titans are all about redundancies, such as the Pillars of Creation that the Pantheon left as an encapsulation of their own power for later use on Azeroth. In this regard, it makes sense that the Aspects would have a similar type of failsafe in case they were needed once more, and the Oathstones essentially represent that - they're basically Pillars of Creation oriented more to the Aspects and stored in a location that is more or less all about dragonkind as a whole.

They're obviously new to the story, but their existence is pretty easy to intuit based on the prior actions of the Titans and their penchant for redundancy and storing power in objects for later use.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The demon soul feels like it falls into that category given that they were able to store part of there power into it, them being stronger in the past but having there own personal demon souls as a sort of inheritance in case they ever died wouldn’t be to far fetched.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.