Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Yep. This is one of those rare things that, even if done poorly, should be done.

Although I'm sure many will just say that WoW has housing already with garrisons. And they're not entirely wrong.
    Garrisons effectively turned the mmorpg into a single player where you could do instances with other players. It felt lonely.
    I'd rather like to see a door in stormwind with a portal to a instanced room, or small house, where you could get some memoribilia in it, invite friends into it, a crafting bench or two and thats it. If you need something else you need to get out there and interact with people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Because they want housing done right.
    .......And it have been done wrong, not once, but TWICE already.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That seems to be exactly what they want.

They probably make a lot of money from people buying the box, subbing for a month or two, then quitting. Those are great customers because they don't demand a lot - they don't really care about a lot of content updates, or about polish. A lot of them would probably behave exactly like this almost regardless of the quality of the content, so trying to win them over is a losing proposition anyway - and it rewards them pumping hype into the launch window.

Would it be better if they just made killer content all the time and kept everyone subbed for longer? Sure. But that doesn't just magically happen, and takes a lot of work. Easier to just create hype around a new expansion, cash in, and worry about the rest later.
    That's true, I would've loved to play it all the time. MMORPG and ARPG are my favorite genres because of character development and world discovery.
    But the core game is not my style. The only way they keep interest is by playing on FOMO.
    I don't have time to do dailies every day. I don't want to either. The days when I consumed everything they threw at me are way past. That was back in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK and Cataclysm.
    So I just play until I'm bored then quit.

FOMO is what I fear will ruin Diablo 4 for me. The world will be shared, which means there will be general quests. Like daily bounties in Immortal while also giving you a Battle Pass, stressing me out to complete all the levels to get that meaty thing I want at the end.
    Or pay up, which I will probably do. But I think that will end Diablo games for me.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2022-08-04 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    FOMO is what I fear will ruin Diablo 4 for me. The world will be shared, which means there will be general quests. Like daily bounties in Immortal while also giving you a Battle Pass, stressing me out to complete all the levels to get that meaty thing I want at the end.
    Or pay up, which I will probably do. But I think that will end Diablo games for me.
    I'm not saying that's impossible, but traditionally what saved Diablo-style games from the FOMO was the fact that they never had any gated content - everything was there for you to do all the time and as much as you want. Want to kill Mephisto 500 times? Fine. Want to just run bounties till you drop? You go for it.

I'm not sure how D4 will handle that, but if it does add things like daily quests or weekly lockouts or whatever, we are absolutely entering DANGEROUS territory, I 100% agree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragonflight is going to be another repeat in the long years of WoW mimicking Groundhog Day.

1. Initial release hype. "This is fun! WoW is saved! Look at these sales numbers! The golden age has begun again!"

2. One month in. "There's very little to do, and what there is to do is boring and repetitive and makes me feel like I have to log in every day or FOMO. The game is buggy and the devs don't listen nor do they care about players. The class balance is terrible, PvP is broken, everyone is cheating and botting. I'm done, see you next expansion."

3. X.2.5 patch. The game finally feels like it should have felt at launch, with all the tedious time sinks and time wasters removed or severely nerfed.

3.5 (Optional) Some big Blizzard scandal that puts a terrible taste in players' mouths, leading to even more quitting.

4. New expansion trailer releases, everyone magically forgets the last five times steps 1-3.5 happened, "WoW is saved! This looks awesome!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I'm going to do like so many others and get the expansion, play it for a few months then quit.
    I'm not even going to go that far. I am not currently subbed, and will not be playing DF/resubbing until I see the devs care about the overall state of the game and not their personal pet projects and heavy-handed bias.

What do I mean by this? To give a quick example, look at the current PTR Dragonflight Talents for the available classes. The warrior and shaman trees look great, and the dev posts detailing their changes ooze enthusiasm and understanding of the class and its respective fantasy. Now compare those trees to Paladin and Mage - the trees for Paladin and Mage are full of pointless 0/3 "x increase to x stat" nodes that add nothing to the core gameplay, and are nearly devoid of new and exciting skills. Paladin and Mage also get almost 0 feedback from devs, while Shaman has had around 3 or so updates regarding new changes and buffs.

Why should I resub to a game where the devs don't care about the class I will spend the most time playing? Why should I invest time in a game where the devs do nothing but the bare minimum in regards to huge swathes of playable content? Blizzard has gotten away with this for years, and we need to vote with our wallets and hold them accountable by refusing to support their products until they prove they truly care about our interests and concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

That's true, I would've loved to play it all the time. MMORPG and ARPG are my favorite genres because of character development and world discovery.
    But the core game is not my style. The only way they keep interest is by playing on FOMO.
    I don't have time to do dailies every day. I don't want to either. The days when I consumed everything they threw at me are way past. That was back in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK and Cataclysm.
    So I just play until I'm bored then quit.

LOL I play DI for a few weeks, go back and install D3 and man D3 feels so much better. No P2W, just like Diablo should be. Yea D2 orginal is better but D3 is miles ahead of DI

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    I'm not even going to go that far. I am not currently subbed, and will not be playing DF/resubbing until I see the devs care about the overall state of the game and not their personal pet projects and heavy-handed bias.

What do I mean by this? To give a quick example, look at the current PTR Dragonflight Talents for the available classes. The warrior and shaman trees look great, and the dev posts detailing their changes ooze enthusiasm and understanding of the class and its respective fantasy. Now compare those trees to Paladin and Mage - the trees for Paladin and Mage are full of pointless 0/3 "x increase to x stat" nodes that add nothing to the core gameplay, and are nearly devoid of new and exciting skills. Paladin and Mage also get almost 0 feedback from devs, while Shaman has had around 3 or so updates regarding new changes and buffs.

Why should I resub to a game where the devs don't care about the class I will spend the most time playing? Why should I invest time in a game where the devs do nothing but the bare minimum in regards to huge swathes of playable content? Blizzard has gotten away with this for years, and we need to vote with our wallets and hold them accountable by refusing to support their products until they prove they truly care about our interests and concerns.
    You think that's bad. I play DH till in quit in SL 9.1 and there is still not talent tress discussion yet. I don't even know if DH talent tree is out lol. Launch is suppose to be this year so I assume around Dec for the holidays that leaves blizzard with at most 3.5 months of testing. Not a whole of time for testing and feedback and class/spec balance and change

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    LOL I play DI for a few weeks, go back and install D3 and man D3 feels so much better. No P2W, just like Diablo should be. Yea D2 orginal is better but D3 is miles ahead of DI

- - - Updated - - -

You think that's bad. I play DH till in quit in SL 9.1 and there is still not talent tress discussion yet. I don't even know if DH talent tree is out lol. Launch is suppose to be this year so I assume around Dec for the holidays that leaves blizzard with at most 3.5 months of testing. Not a whole of time for testing and feedback and class/spec balance and change
    Actually I didn't mind Diablo Immortal gameplay on my iPad Mini 6. The game looks great and plays well and the 8-something inches of iPad Mini 6 works really well for DI and many other games.
    I even bought the Empowered Battle Pass. But I get stressed when I have to log in every day to do quests for Battle Points to level up my Battle Pass. I barely made it, got to lvl 41-42 before it expired but that's when I quit playing the game.

I just couldn't continue being bombarded by FOMO.
    I guess it's my own fault as I shouldn't have bought that Battle Pass but I wanted the armor look for my sorceress.
    When I logged in for Season 2 I saw that they barely did any changes to Battle Pass, lol. Just first and last reward that are different and I'm like "fuck this I'm out of here", lol.

Rocket League and especially the mobile part of it has great Battle Pass. You don't need to spend a dime on it. Completely F2P in mobile version and if you buy 1 Season Pass on PC or console you can just keep leveling it and get enough currency through that to buy the next pass without spending extra money.

To prove my earlier point, Hunter (another seemingly favored class) once again gets even more feedback before Paladin, Mage, and Priest. -_-

How can it be boring when it isnt even finished and you probably havnt even played it yet? Give them a chance

To prove my earlier point, Hunter (another seemingly favored class) once again gets even more feedback before Paladin, Mage, and Priest. -_-
    It's almost like its different a developer with different communication styles. Classes released on varying schedules, give them some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormxraven View Post
    How can it be boring when it isnt even finished and you probably havnt even played it yet? Give them a chance
    Lack of new things to do maybe. All we know about Dragonflight is that it's more dungeons, more raids and more zones. And that might not be enough for people to play it. The interesting hook or new mechanic / gameplay is missing. And I doubt that they have kept this a secret until now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    And you? Are you excited about DragonFlight? Why?
    It's a new WoW expansion. There's probably couple of new dungeons and a raid. That'll do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    It's almost like its different a developer with different communication styles. Classes released on varying schedules, give them some time.
    The issue is the frequency/discrepancy of devs insights regarding specific classes is heavily skewed, which gives the impression that certain classes are valued more than others. Even if, say, the Priest developer preferred to work and not discuss changes, they still have gameplay lead overseeing them, and part of that job is to ensure a uniform presentation for every class. It doesn't leave a favorable impression for fans of the neglected classes, which, in turn, leads to disappointment and disinterest.

Hunter has had multiple blue posts on July 15th, a blue post on the 16th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 29th, 30, and most recently, Aug 5th. Some updates are only a day apart! Now compare that to Paladin - a single, small blue post on July 27th. I understand Hunter released their talents first, but they've had consistent, immediate updates since their feedback thread went live, while Paladin's languishes with only a single post within a similar timeframe (i.e Hunter has had roughly 10 updates in two weeks since their talents dropped, while Paladin is stuck with 1 update in a two week period).

I myself am a Paladin main, and our current DF talent trees are one of the weakest released so far, so the relative silence amid the frequent dev updates is incredibly disheartening. A small gesture or comment addressing fan feedback would go a great way in instilling optimism for the expansion launch, but as it stands, my enthusiasm shrinks more and more each passing day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    This is literally the worst sign you can have for the future. All classes should be treated equally, have equal amount of communication and equal amount of time invested into them. Give them time? theres less than 20 weeks, quarter of which spent in holiday season. every week there should be 1 post on each class, not dozens on post on 1 class, 1 on another and literally no word on several.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    At the end of 9.0 The changes came after it. The changes in game happened as the story evolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    the changes happened in 9.2 which was far after it

thats like saying "star wars ended when anakin became a jedi"
    I don't even understand what you guys are talking about or what that guy was trying to say but I just woke up and this made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit446 View Post
    I don't even understand what you guys are talking about or what that guy was trying to say but I just woke up and this made me lol
    me: the restrictions on things like covenants and conduits were bad and had no justification

him: yes they did and they were removed when it made sense in the story

me: it made sense in the story at the end of 9.0

him: and the changes happened after

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    me: the restrictions on things like covenants and conduits were bad and had no justification

him: yes they did and they were removed when it made sense in the story

me: it made sense in the story at the end of 9.0

him: and the changes happened after
    Lol no...

They never made sense in the story... they panicked after shadowland set itself on fire. Hell they didn't even fix the ui in time...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    more dungeons, more raids and more zones ... The interesting hook or new mechanic / gameplay is missing.
    I mean, Dragonriding is literally the biggest new mechanic an expansion has introduced since vehicle tech in Wrath. It might not be "interesting" to you but to say there isn't a new mechanic or gameplay and that DF is only about "dungeons raids and zones" is objectively false.

You goofy as hell if you think hunter is more favored than mages lol