Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I hate any kinds of XP boost.

For example, this 2 weeks 50% XP boost event.
    Anyone who leveled before or after this 2 weeks feels stupid and wasted time.

$60 instant level 60 boost
    Long time ago, it takes 100+ hours to level a character.
    You could work at Walmart for 5 hours and save 95 hours. It is so stupid.

As for why it is only 2-weeks, Blizzard is testing the water, and see how many people will sub because of that.
    I am not fall for it.
    I will wait for the pre-expansion patch. The XP nerf is huge.

5+ Year Old Account
    I want all the nay-sayers, to explain why Darth Vader (Bobby Kotick) hasn't gone all cash-shop crazy like some other games?

Can it be cuz those other games are small n need to get cash fast, before their game is replaced soon by the next 3rd-rate game?

So, why hasn't Bobby done what you all fear? Is it because somehow he has never heard of cash shops? By coincidence this information has passed him by all these years?

Or, is a random forum thread going to let him know about cash shops for the first time n nobody should mention transactions, cuz soon as he reads it, he'll unleash cash-shop flood? Should we be careful what we post to hide information from Bobby?

Or, he does know, and he doesn't do it, out of....ehrm...decency?..

Or, he knows but realizes a big game, that lasts longer n doesn't put off too many people, means more cash for him?

Or, something else? Because I have yet to read a simple explanation, all these "don't give blizzard ideas!!!" like they live in a vacuum n don't know about this shit...I'm sorry, but you guys come off like more than a little paranoid..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    In case you have missed it, there already is boost in the game:

Meh. That only counts for one character.

One.

The recent xp buff counted for ALL alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    First off. You're wrong. I have 12 60's one for each class. All Horde. Currently working on leveling 1 of every race on the alliance. Get bent. I actually enjoy the leveling process as it is. Especially when im just questing and not dungeon blasting.

Im complaining about introducing a cash shop item that increases your experience in a game you pay 60$ for an expansion and a monthly fee.

And you're literally bitching that i made a suggestion to have it be a free event instead. Get your head out of your ass. Loser.
    Because it's a stupid fucking idea, is what it is. XP weekend? Lulz? So, if I miss the weekend cuz I have to visit family, I'll have to wait to the next such weekend, in what? 3 months? Lulz...

and what the fudge is stopping you from questing? Did the recent xp buff impact you in any way negatively? Has it forced you to stop doing quests that you enjoy so much?...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

One.

You think they would sell universal XP Buff?

Fuck no, boosting individual characters makes them more money.

No... aweful idea. The cash shop bs has already gone too far.
    Last edited by Ilookfly; 2022-08-04 at 08:13 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You think they would sell universal XP Buff?

Fuck no, boosting individual characters makes them more money.
    I doubt that, 60€ per alt, so if I want to boost 10 alts, that's 600€ that...is, an insane amount.

so, I doubt people use service but for a very few times at the most, compare that to an account buff, many more would be willing to go for that, than upload multiple 60€s

appealing to a larger group willing to pay for something, usually almost always earns you more monies than appealing to a few...that's science i say!

They probably would have already if they did not have the max character level boost paid service

I want all the nay-sayers, to explain why Darth Vader (Bobby Kotick) hasn't gone all cash-shop crazy like some other games?

Can it be cuz those other games are small n need to get cash fast, before their game is replaced soon by the next 3rd-rate game?

So, why hasn't Bobby done what you all fear? Is it because somehow he has never heard of cash shops? By coincidence this information has passed him by all these years?

Or, is a random forum thread going to let him know about cash shops for the first time n nobody should mention transactions, cuz soon as he reads it, he'll unleash cash-shop flood? Should we be careful what we post to hide information from Bobby?

Or, he does know, and he doesn't do it, out of....ehrm...decency?..

Or, he knows but realizes a big game, that lasts longer n doesn't put off too many people, means more cash for him?

Or, something else? Because I have yet to read a simple explanation, all these "don't give blizzard ideas!!!" like they live in a vacuum n don't know about this shit...I'm sorry, but you guys come off like more than a little paranoid..

- - - Updated - - -

One.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's a stupid fucking idea, is what it is. XP weekend? Lulz? So, if I miss the weekend cuz I have to visit family, I'll have to wait to the next such weekend, in what? 3 months? Lulz...

and what the fudge is stopping you from questing? Did the recent xp buff impact you in any way negatively? Has it forced you to stop doing quests that you enjoy so much?...
    Im not even complaining about the buff? Where did you get that idea? And AGAIN "XP weekend" was just an idea. You know.. something FREE for everyone? Why are you fighting this? It doesn't need to be a weekend. It could be "50% experience gain for this week". But you simply want to whale out and pay for it to have it on 100% of the time.

Btw: It did not impact me regardless. Yea it helped me level a couple of my Alliance toons to 50? Everything you are complaining about right now is just reaching and taking what I am saying and completely twisting it. You went from "well you're just someone who only has 1 max character and maybe 1 alt" to what you replied with, which made no sense. "Because it's a stupid fucking idea" So is asking and begging for more in gameshop bullshit for a game you're *again* already paying a monthly fee for when games you pay 60$ ONCE give it for free. <- The free "xp weekends" you are complaining about, that you would rather pay for.
    Last edited by Yooginava182; 2022-08-04 at 09:08 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Still doesn't change that it's a time window decided by Blizz, not the player, whether it's a weekend or a week. Paying for something means choosing the appropriate time when you are going to use a service (which is why I don't understand why anyone pays for next xpac half a year in advance, for something they can't even use)

so if this 'week' is on a 3 month rotation, and I miss it cuz I'm busy that week, the time from the last one I could use to the next one I'll be able to use, would be, six months...

Yeah...no thx, fuck that shit.l

Still doesn't change that it's a time window decided by Blizz, not the player, whether it's a weekend or a week. Paying for something means choosing the appropriate time when you are going to use a service (which is why I don't understand why anyone pays for next xpac half a year in advance, for something they can't even use)

so if this 'week' is on a 3 month rotation, and I miss it cuz I'm busy that week, the time from the last one I could use to the next one I'll be able to use, would be, six months...

Yeah...no thx, fuck that shit.l
    Bonus XP isn't even a regular event. It is something Blizz might do at the end of an expansion before next one launches for possible rerollers.

Outside that, you either level regularly, which is very easy already, or buy the boosts, if you are a whale.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a dumb comparison, considering that XP in HotS is basically just part of a cosmetic progression system similar to a battlepass. XP Boosters lets you progress it faster to get cosmetics and loot boxes faster.

The boost is already monetizing broken parts of the game. Making it more more of a money pit isn't a fix.

Why re-roll a new class now?
    The next expansion has a new hero class.
    I am sure that everyone and his mother will play the hero class.

The wow xp buff before season 4 was neato!

It was only around for liek 2 weeks?...
    I was busy having to be social n stuff during my semester..didn't have much time to level alts....

I leveled 2 alts to 60, got 3 at lvl 51-54, n I absolutly refuse to level them without a buff, the shadowlands zones n story is literally cancer...

So, allow us to buy xp buff, Hots has a timed buff for ones account that allows u to get xtra xp n stuff during its duration...

In BFA u could spend a currency to buy those pink potions that give u 10% xp for one hour, but it doesn't work after u reach level 50........

At the very least let us have some xp potion to lvl 60...

PRETTY PLZ?

You don't want my mechagnome to become sad, do you?
    who cares about lvling xD man the effort you put into this
    you would have leveled one to 60 at least

- - - Updated - - -

Lol all the complainers "u shouldn't level ur 18th alt faster, that ruins the game for me!"

I bet there were none of u complaining that the buff we recently had broke the game..

This doesn't effect u in any way, if u want to level slow, nobody is saying u can't continue to do something boring, but excuse me for not wanting to exprrience old content for the 1457744th time..

Have played since vanilla beta, I don't see the charm of seeing old crap longer! For all u saying leveling is fast, bullshit it takes twice as long with buff gone!

With the buff we just had, it actually felt to be the PROPER FUCKING TIME TO LEVEL AND LEARN ENOUGH OF THE CLASS, there is no reason to make it twice as long to level, it serves no other purpose but to WASTE YOUR TIME FOR NO REASON AT ALL!

WHAT? My alt isn't good enough for you if it hasn't killed 9000 boars? I have prob killed billions of piggies across my characters since 2004...

Leveling shouldn't take longer than it takes u to reach level 30, everything after that is bullshit.
    excuse me for not wanting to exprrience old content for the 1457744th time..
    Sounds like a "you" problem man go outside you need it

This is a terrible idea

The issue with any kind of paid service in a game is that it creates a large incentive for developers to make the progression when not using the paid service as painful as possible. We see it all the time in mobile games; wait X hours for your power to recharge to keep playing or spend $Y to unlock it immediately.

We see it right now with mounts/pets. Granted there are some cool mounts that can be earned freely, but honestly some of the nicest and most unique mounts only exist in the cash shop. The paid boost let Blizzard essentially ignore leveling until it became so bad during BFA that they did a massive XP nerf and allowed for scaling, then squished it and made it even easier in Shadowlands.

A paid exp buff would have the game designed around it, and it would be painful to encourage people to pay for it. A 300% exp buff sounds great on paper, let people pay to rush the end game, but the result would be that 1-60 would be ~60 hours played under the assumption you'd pay for the buff and do it in 15. Now this wouldn't happen immediately, it'd be a slow build over a few expansions so players would come to accept it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just have full Mythic raid gear in the shop as well, that's like buying whole characters in HOTS instead of grinding out the currency
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.