Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dude no one cares, play something else if you want balanced pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Like, I understand alpha and beta testing is there to (on paper) find out what works and what doesn't work... and to adjust things accordingly based on feedback from those playing the game, etc.

What is the point of making such a whining thread about it if you really cared about it being "too power" and needs a nerf? Why not go to the official forums where people are actively posting feedback?

This reads like you just wanted an excuse to make a thread and increase your post count tbh.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So question for the alpha testers;

Right now Demon Hunters have nice mobility, but aren't extremely overpowered when it comes to their movement. They just seem to have a nice edge that is useful, but can be countered by a skilled player playing a different class.

For the Evokers, with them being able to fly (also indoors according to some of the videos I've seen - as long as you start outside and don't land inside), how is their mobility now? Do they also have a nice edge or are they way too overpowered in terms of their movement?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    nerf it nerf it nerf it. That fly ability lets healers just fly out of deathgrip range when they are stunned with asphyxiate. Nerf it.
    Just get a second DK to Death Grip them as soon as they fly away.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    its alpha, they aren't even close to showing you what it will be balanced in live with the beta testing phase.
    I get where you're coming from and anything can change between now and its proposed release date. But we have seen "It's just alpha. Its just beta, don't worry it'll be fixed before release. Likely to be fixed in x.5 or .1" kind of mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Just get a second DK to Death Grip them as soon as they fly away.
    Then you get a second Evoker to fly away with them!

All new specs/classes start out powerful, that's been tradition since Death Knights.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Biggest mistake they ever made, was making PvP relevant.
    When did this happen? News to me...

Fuck that OP. Keep them powerful. They are dragons ffs.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

So were DK's back in Wrath. They'll nerf it but PVP will never be balanced in WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    Fuck that OP. Keep them powerful. They are dragons ffs.
    they are not real dragons, but small parody on them - that can fly once in 5 min; so keep them weak
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Biggest mistake they ever made, was making PvP relevant. Should have kept it casual bg smashfest. Ever since then PvP crowd has been whining about class balance, and getting the classes destroyed as a result. Here's another great example. Already at it again, even tho expansion is in alpha stage still.

Blizz, it's still not too late to make PvP go the way of archeology, or pet battles. Just do it.
    Umm, you do know specs have different stats for pve and pvp?

This isn't unusual at all. Lets be honest.

DK comes out = op
    Monk comes out = op
    DH comes out = op
    Now Evoker comes out (soon).. yeah.. op

It will eventually get pulled back into line. Just don't expect it right away. It is a draw to get people to come back.. level for a while.. burn a few months of subs.. buy a few coins.. once the big rush dies down and its down to the people that actually pay the game beyond launch windows it will work itself into "blizzard balance" which is all you can expect.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    its alpha, they aren't even close to showing you what it will be balanced in live with the beta testing phase.
    This is what was said about covenants this is what was said about azerite armor hell this is what was said about release DKs

Gotta love when a caster gets something that allows them to get away from melee, and then all the melee start to groan and cry. But when melee is buffed or all the shit they do can't be countered, then all is well in the land of WoW.....Ridiculous.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Wait, Monk came out OP?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    This is what was said about covenants this is what was said about azerite armor hell this is what was said about release DKs
    If by now you haven't realize that balance is a constantly shifting mirage, then...yeah...I don't know what to tell you.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Dk was not a "noob slayer". It was utterly and brokenly op for at least the first 2 patches of wrath and wrath launch. When you had 2 lives as a dk, survivability, burst damage than any other class you were the definition of OP. There's literally videos of wrath never-been-above 1200 players back pedaling, keyboard turning and clicking to 2k+ rating from that period.
    don't forget the literal one button macro that a dude took to 1800+ with over 80% win rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIXYMY4dOmI

Only on Alpha: "Too Powerful"

Lol

Really looking forward to Evoker, but I'll still play it regardless of how powerful it is compared to other classes.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

and at 40 yards range they are useless since their spells have a 25 yard range.
    So if a Evoker flies away, they need to jog back a few yards in order to do much of anything, its not overpowered in the slightest.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just healer things ~

Everyone gets a panic button for the mistake of pvp - not that it'll make much of a difference in the end.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.