Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    She's 82. The old bat probably has dementia and thought she was flying to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    She's 82. The old bat probably has dementia and thought she was flying to Japan.
    Yo, she flies the planes herself? That's dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, she flies the planes herself? That's dope.
    Pfft, the GQP thinks she is a witch so they probably thought she flew on a broom.

5+ Year Old Account
    This. is just so weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

For those of us who have zero interest clicking that video and having YouTube's algorithm feed us garbage for the next few weeks...what's up?

5+ Year Old Account
    For those of us who have zero interest clicking that video and having YouTube's algorithm feed us garbage for the next few weeks...what's up?
    She was trying to quote benjamin franklin's most famous quote, and instead rambled random words into an incoherent mess, might as well have been gibberish.. she sounded like senile Biden, how old is she again?..

LOL, fucking believing Jimmy Dore? How fucking gullible are you?

- - - Updated - - -

She was trying to quote benjamin franklin's most famous quote, and instead rambled random words into an incoherent mess, might as well have been gibberish.. she sounded like senile Biden, how old is she again?..
    So, she did a Trump? He was the dumbass that said there were airports during the Revolutionary War.

So she paraphrased Franklin's quote, albeit a bit inelegantly...and?

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/st...98177781108736

If I owned any pearls should I be clutching them?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    LOL, fucking believing Jimmy Dore? How fucking gullible are you?
    What is this supposed to mean? It is her spoken words, not his over hers.

- - - Updated - - -

So she paraphrased Franklin's quote, albeit a bit inelegantly...and?

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/st...98177781108736

If I owned any pearls should I be clutching them?
    That's not paraphrasing, this is an old senile brain trying to produce something...you know the thing! come on man!

10+ Year Old Account
    If your biggest "take downs" of Biden and Pelosi remain "they fumble words sometimes" you're gonna have a hard time selling your "Ties to Russia," "Attempted insurrectionist," "children in cages," "adulterer," "COVID denier," "peaceful protestor teargaser," "holding bible upside-down" chosen candidate Trump as being somehow superior... a guy who on top of all that and more also fumbles his words.

I'm still eagerly awaiting yall's justification of "airports in the revolutionary war" comment from him, by the way.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

That's not paraphrasing
    It literally is, discussing that you need freedom and security, but that you cannot sacrifice one for the other, because if you do you have neither. If you're familiar with the actual quote, it's very obvious what she was getting at, albeit a bit inelegantly.

Considering she just "cucked" China with her trip there, "forcing" them to back down from rhetorical threats and notably not starting WWIII, I'm surprised the CCP haters in the Republican party are so upset by this. Are they secretly CCP lovers looking out for good 'ol Xi or something?

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    The comparatively younger Biden had trouble giving a straight answer on whether or not his administration supported the trip. Umm umm the military doesn't think its a good idea, mumbling blather, denying any drama (Guys, state media threatened to shoot down her aircraft. Don't send John Kirby out there to deny any drama regarding her trip.) That was the only sclerotic performance I saw regarding it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ijing-00049625
    Including these gems:
    Beijing’s response ranged from rabid to unhinged, complete with calls for President Joe Biden to “restrain” the third-highest elected official in the United States from committing “perverse acts” against China’s territorial integrity.

Such clarity was glaringly absent in Washington, D.C., in the run-up to her trip. Instead, U.S. officials rendered a drum beat of gaffes, contradictions and denials that Beijing adroitly exploited in a propaganda offensive aimed to compel Pelosi into changing her travel plans.
    The White House compounded the media circus with a denial strategy that verged on gaslighting.
    I wish the White House gave an unequivocal, "If she wants to go, she absolutely should go, and there's nothing to China's attempts to portray it as escalatory and provocative. We support her decision." More at the link if you want to know additional context.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If your biggest "take downs" of Biden and Pelosi remain "they fumble words sometimes" you're gonna have a hard time selling your "Ties to Russia," "Attempted insurrectionist," "children in cages," "adulterer," "COVID denier," "peaceful protestor teargaser," "holding bible upside-down" chosen candidate Trump as being somehow superior... a guy who on top of all that and more also fumbles his words.

I'm still eagerly awaiting yall's justification of "airports in the revolutionary war" comment from him, by the way.
    Biden, Pelosi, Trump are all corrupt, like the rest of American politicians in your oligarch-run country that takes "donations"

While Trump is not too bright, or educated, he is not senile like the other two and can put sentences together. That's where we are, Jesus...

I didn't like Obama, but he sure was good at talking, he is the direct opposite of Biden n Pelosi in that regard, and he is way, way, more intelligent than those walking senile parrots who can't even remember their lines.

It is simply not possible to be a democracy, and have senile fools come ahead of everyone else, it is through a system that lands them in their positions n people just..."well, these are the options I have been given, not chosen, I guess this is democracy..." People like Biden would get murdered in a real democracy, wouldn't even get anywhere near consideration to be nationally ridiculed.

You are not a democracy, now you can argue which corrupt team's fool leader is the most foolish all you want, doesn't change the system is shit, and they are all pieces of shit.l

While Trump is not too bright, or educated, he is not senile like the other two and can put sentences together.
    Are you being willfully dishonest right now, or have you legitimately never listened to Trump speak live? The man basically just opens his mouth and lets nonsense pour out freely.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump isn't senile indeed. He always has been an imbecile.

Biden, Pelosi, Trump are all corrupt, like the rest of American politicians in your oligarch-run country that takes "donations"

While Trump is not too bright, or educated, he is not senile like the other two and can put sentences together. That's where we are, Jesus...

I didn't like Obama, but he sure was good at talking, he is the direct opposite of Biden n Pelosi in that regard, and he is way, way, more intelligent than those walking senile parrots who can't even remember their lines.

It is simply not possible to be a democracy, and have senile fools come ahead of everyone else, it is through a system that lands them in their positions n people just..."well, these are the options I have been given, not chosen, I guess this is democracy..." People like Biden would get murdered in a real democracy, wouldn't even get anywhere near consideration to be nationally ridiculed.

You are not a democracy, now you can argue which corrupt team's fool leader is the most foolish all you want, doesn't change the system is shit, and they are all pieces of shit.l
    Is that because Trump has "the best words" ?

Look at this shitshow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqlhUg8xFhE

Seems like China is doing what Russia did before they attacked Ukraine... Even if it might just be a threat, the possibility of attacking is there.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Nah, it's just sabre-rattling. China doesn't have any troops in position and that would take months to do. Attacking now would do nothing but have their vital supply lines cut - and they depend on the food, fuel and resources they ship in.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Nah, it's just sabre-rattling. China doesn't have any troops in position and that would take months to do. Attacking now would do nothing but have their vital supply lines cut - and they depend on the food, fuel and resources they ship in.
    Also, it would be a LOT more costly militarily for China to attack Taiwan then it is for Russia even though Russia is absolutely being railroaded for an army of its size. China wouldn't have the luxury of being landlocked with their target. China wouldn't have the ability to hide as they would be out in the open regardless of how they tried to attack Taiwan. Losing tanks and the like sucks but losing ships with a large amount of troops on them plus the added military arms that goes along with it is far worse.

If anyone wants to see what attacking a fortified beach looks like, look at the beach at Normandy and the insane amount of losses that happened there. This also doesn't include the fact that the majority of Taiwan is mountain type terrain which brings its own set of challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Also, it would be a LOT more costly militarily for China to attack Taiwan then it is for Russia even though Russia is absolutely being railroaded for an army of its size. China wouldn't have the luxury of being landlocked with their target. China wouldn't have the ability to hide as they would be out in the open regardless of how they tried to attack Taiwan. Losing tanks and the like sucks but losing ships with a large amount of troops on them plus the added military arms that goes along with it is far worse.

If anyone wants to see what attacking a fortified beach looks like, look at the beach at Normandy and the insane amount of losses that happened there. This also doesn't include the fact that the majority of Taiwan is mountain type terrain which brings its own set of challenges.
    Pretty much all of this.

To attack Taiwan firstly China needs to start building troops in the region for an invasion force. This will be seen and the US will start flooding Taiwan with weapons.
    Then there will need to be air attacks. US weapons that had been sent over will be taking them down, not all of them, but enough to make it hurt
    Then if China still thinks about invading. Well Taiwan has so many antiship missiles it will be targetting those landing ships.
    Then if they land, then just watch D-Day movies for that bit
    Then if they get inland, well it is a mix of forests and urban areas.
    Then if they get further in then it's mountains.

While the US might get involved, logistically any invasion of Taiwan is a nightmare even if the locals were fully compliant. Which they won't be. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if China couldn't keep the occupation going.