Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    that’s all well and fine and i don’t disagree to all the things that would be nice, needed, or that we want. but what Blizzard really DOES is imo: nothing. my post above is not about opinions, what the game needs or what we want. it’s about what imo happens. and what happens is imo: Blizz will do nothing.
    Agreed.
    Azeroth is very... static. Change that fundamental results in a cascading effect that will make nearly every quest nonsensicle.

So Blizz will

either
    A) Regard every new quest with cross faction "freindship" and basically completly ignore every quest pre DF
    or
    B) Completly ignore it and only pay lipservice in a few sidequest then say "Not this expansion but maybe next" and never do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Agreed.
    Azeroth is very... static. Change that fundamental results in a cascading effect that will make nearly every quest nonsensicle.

So Blizz will

either
    A) Regard every new quest with cross faction "freindship" and basically completly ignore every quest pre DF
    or
    B) Completly ignore it and only pay lipservice in a few sidequest then say "Not this expansion but maybe next" and never do anything about it.
    B! Definetely B!
    Why? History teached us.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    B! Definetely B!
    Why? History teached us.
    @VinceVega Sometimes they surprise us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It is likely, that it was males that took the arcane for magical studies, because females dominated the priesthood soon, also being the warriors, hunters etc in addition, the males in night elf society were more heavily casters, Azshara quite the exception. There were female casters off course, but when the societies foremost and most prominent caste - the priest caste is almost exclusively female, and they also make up the main fighting force - what do you think the males would be doing?
    Unless it's confirmed, this is just head canon.

The first named and well known Highborne was Azshara.
    The most powerful night elf mage is Azshara

The fact is, Night Elf culture has always been matriarchal. Greater emphasis has always been put onto their women.
    So night elf men did take to the arcane arts and became mages...as did the night elf women, but within the Highborne - the night elf women had even larger roles their, either being Mages and Arcanists, or the Queen's handmaidens or personal Highborne Priestesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Unless it's confirmed, this is just head canon.
    I think you need to learn how to read.. I'm not sure if you understand what words like "Likely" mean and when a person is speculating on something based on the given information.

The first named and well known Highborne was Azshara.
    The most powerful night elf mage is Azshara

The fact is, Night Elf culture has always been matriarchal. Greater emphasis has always been put onto their women.
    So night elf men did take to the arcane arts and became mages...as did the night elf women, but within the Highborne - the night elf women had even larger roles their, either being Mages and Arcanists, or the Queen's handmaidens or personal Highborne Priestesses.
    Night elven society has greater emphasis on women because of Elune boy, the males in the society are most portrayed as casters - it's the women that are priests, warriors, hunters, etc, in fact, Azshara is largely the only remarkable female night elf mage known to such prominence, the rest are male, how do you think that happens?

Why are most males first mages then druids? like all you see mentioned? No male priests, no male warriors, no male hunters - how many female mages can you name outside Azsahra (they exists, but they are dwarfed by the male ones) Elisande is one, and Thalyssra emerges afterwards, still the males greatly outnumber the females for mages and druids.

Or do you want me to find blizzard quoting that this is exactly the case before you believe it?

I think you need to learn how to read.. I'm not sure if you understand what words like "Likely" mean and when a person is speculating on something based on the given information.

Night elven society has greater emphasis on women because of Elune boy, the males in the society are most portrayed as casters - it's the women that are priests, warriors, hunters, etc, in fact, Azshara is largely the only remarkable female night elf mage known to such prominence, the rest are male, how do you think that happens?

Why are most males first mages then druids? like all you see mentioned? No male priests, no male warriors, no male hunters - how many female mages can you name outside Azsahra (they exists, but they are dwarfed by the male ones) Elisande is one, and Thalyssra emerges afterwards, still the males greatly outnumber the females for mages and druids.

Or do you want me to find blizzard quoting that this is exactly the case before you believe it?
    You need to actually state things that are canon and not try and pass them off as "likely" because you want it to be true.
    You have no source that the first mages were only men.

It's fact that I know more about Night Elf lore than you seemingly do. I just don't generalize about it and try and pass it off as canon. I state it as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

how many female mages can you name outside Azsahra (they exists, but they are dwarfed by the male ones) Elisande is one, and Thalyssra emerges afterwards, still the males greatly outnumber the females for mages and druids.
    Sivara
    Thwen
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hig...rmer_Highborne
    Lady Lestheria Vashj
    Princess Aszune
    Mavrana Mooncrest
    Every Darnassian Mage NPC is female
    Archmage Nielthende

Plus so many more.

It doesn't matter how many other organisations were female-led. Night Elf society has always been more about women than it ever was about men.

You need to actually state things that are canon and not try and pass them off as "likely" because you want it to be true.
    You have no source that the first mages were only men.

It's fact that I know more about Night Elf lore than you seemingly do. I just don't generalize about it and try and pass it off as canon. I state it as it is.
    That's not what I am doing, anyone with a brain and understanding of English languange can instantly tell when a person is speculating, stop making excsues, it's quite clear in the language.

- - - Updated - - -

Sivara
    Thwen
    Lady Lestheria Vashj
    Princess Aszune
    Mavrana Mooncrest
    Archmage Nielthende

Plus so many more.

It doesn't matter how many other organisations were female-led. Night Elf society has always been more about women than it ever was about men.
    There are female mages, they are GREATLY dwarfed by the male, and we know far many more males, far many more famous ones too than females when it comes to the mages - . Night elven society is matriarchal mostly, matriarchal doesn't mean the women do everything and the men do nothing. That's not how the writers wrote this at all. Men were mainly the casters. There were male warriors, and priests and hunters - do you want me to list a few? But there are far many more females in that category.

there are female mages and druids, but there are far many more males in that category for night elves - is that so hard to understand? This is what the lore both says and shows us. That Azshara, a female dominates the csster scene shows you her pedigree. In naga society, the one she now fully controls, the roles are reversed to most other cultures, the females are now all casters and the males are warriors, hunters etc.. i t is the reverse in night elven society, when Azshara was a night elf.

The priest cast were the main leaders mostly, civil leadership passed to a monarch, I can understand why, a priest has even more important matters to attend to, and when you grow to the size of a global civilization, administering and leading an empire is a full time occupation in and of itself, the clergy would not oblige. still , executive control came to the monarch, I can't help but believe that the priesthood let this happen, because of growth, I don't know for sure, but it seems a good explanation to me.

There are female mages, they are GREATLY dwarfed by the male, and we know far many more males.
    Source it then.

- - - Updated - - -

Night elven society is matriarchal mostly, matriarchal doesn't mean the women do everything and the men do nothing. .
    Never said that.

It's that women do more than men, in every single aspect.

It's that women do more than men, in every single aspect.
    Not necessarily, it just means it's lead by women - in the case of the night elves it's the only way you can interpret it.. if you want matraiarchal to mean women do more than men in every single aspect, then that is not true of night elf society.

But then the game hasn't ever described them as matriarchal directly either, has it! ? And it's clear women do not do more than men in mage craft or druidism amongst them. Not before the sundering, no during the long vigil, and not currently. There are more male druids and mages than there are females that we know of - this has been consistent in the personnel we have been shown and the what the lore has said. The lore said males were more casters. So why are we even arguing.. we know orf more male druids and mages , a lot more than female, how can women be doing more than men in every single aspect?

or are you joining the throng of insecure women that feel validity only when they are eclipsing their male counterparts in everything? That's the only time they feel recognised or are worth something - the height of idiocy amongst people these days.. they just want to feel bad about themselves for no reason. So start inventing impossible standards to aspire to. Rather than focusing on what is imporrtant and allowing themselves to enjoy life.

That's not what I am doing, anyone with a brain and understanding of English languange can instantly tell when a person is speculating, stop making excsues, it's quite clear in the language.
    Stop getting upset when people say, that it's not confirmed because you need to really check how you write things.

Don't phrase things in a way where you are trying to confirm your theories as canon lore because then you go waffling into theories and canon gets forgotton.

This is why, I do believe I know more about the Night Elf lore because I do stick to what is canon.
    When I first got Exploring Kalimdor, I checked up on the Night Elf lore first because I wanted to know what was happening - and everything I state here is what we know.
    Same with Exploring Eastern Kingdoms - I wanted to check up on the Sin'dorei first and everything I state is what we know thus far.

These are the two most up-to-date novels that we have for Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Whether people like them is up to the player, but these are the most canon for the current happenings.

- - - Updated - - -

or are you joining the throng of insecure women that feel validity only when they are eclipsing their male counterparts in everything? That's the only time they feel recognised or are worth something - the height of idiocy amongst people these days.. they just want to feel bad about themselves for no reason. So start inventing impossible standards to aspire to. Rather than focusing on what is imporrtant and allowing themselves to enjoy life.
    It's a female dominated society.

Women just do all the aspects - especially now with Druidism, whereas the men simply haven't been as developed.

Everything from Priestess to Sentinel to Druid to Warden to Illidari to Mage to Darkfallen Kaldorei.
    It's the Night Elves. A female dominated race.

All other elf races - it's a combination. Their is no gender being put first. They have male and female leaders of their specific fields, like Magisters, Farstriders, Blood Knights, Riftblades and Duskwatch - but the lore doesn't indicate anything is more fe/male.

- - - Updated - - -

or are you joining the throng of insecure women that feel validity only when they are eclipsing their male counterparts in everything?
    I'm not interested in the political agendas of people, who primarily live their lives on social media.

I'm here talking about the WoW-Elf lore.

Stop getting upset when people say, that it's not confirmed because you need to really check how you write things.

Don't phrase things in a way where you are trying to confirm your theories as canon lore because then you go waffling into theories and canon gets forgotton.

This is why, I do believe I know more about the Night Elf lore because I do stick to what is canon.
    I don't believe you do at all, I suspect you've learnt far more from what Night elf fanshave shared inthe various arguments you've had with them.

Still, I will look into how I phrase things - but you should pay attention to context, if we are talking speculatively, in a speculative text, it is obvious when this is not stating canon.

This is also true when a person mentions "this is how i reckon it would go", or it should go like this - they are not stating canon either.

When a person says "I would imagine that she would have done x, or z would happen ithis way - " this iis also speculative though based on the information we have. .

you don't then go and say, prove it.. tha'ts just stupid, and you won't get your wish. If you disagree with a person's projection or how they imagine a more in depth exploration could turn out, then say why - and give an alternative. You do it ALL the time. Except yours are often very negative and derogatory towards night elves - and I know it's becaus eyou are a blood elf fan in the mould of the TBC era, and view night elves as enemies you must put down, so on the forums you undermine , challenge, degrade and find the worse possible and least nice outcome.

Sometimes your assumptions are plausible, though when they have seemed unlikely I would say so. But based on information we have, I have had reason, after many many discussions on discourse, andn live - my brother use to constantly talk about night elves, trust me we have read far more about them and discusseed and argued far more about them, often enough what you end up seeing her eis a result of coutnless going back and forth.

Speculation , taking what they've given us further is fun - and they expect it of us, it is part of the reason they often don't give too much detail, they want you to make up your own mind, and have your own views, you can imagine what would have happened. The other reason is so that they can change and recast things later without necessarily retconning.

When I first got Exploring Kalimdor, I checked up on the Night Elf lore first because I wanted to know what was happening - and everything I state here is what we know.
    Same with Exploring Eastern Kingdoms - I wanted to check up on the Sin'dorei first and everything I state is what we know thus far.

These are the two most up-to-date novels that we have for Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Whether people like them is up to the player, but these are the most canon for the current happenings.
    no one is doubting canon, but you are being silly, if you think because blizzard shows Elune now, it means druidisma, fel from demon hunters and the arcane died.

Yet you wouldn't think that way when tehy were showing the blood elves s light wielders mainly. you didn't go, light is thhe driection blizzard is going because that's waht they are showing.

It's stupid, becuase they haven't invalidated any of the other blood elf lore, not the magisters nor the rangers, just because you see little of them.

it's exactly the same as the night elves.. seeing highborne nad moonguard doens't mean druids and sentinesl were scrapped. Seeing Elune and Tyrande doesn't mean Malfuirion, Iliidan, Farondis and Mordant are all either didn't happen or gone.

It's just what they are showing now. gain some perspective. The fact that you would make such assertions only shows and exposes what you want for night elves.

You keep insisting on something you don'te ven like, shows you have an agenda.. and I know what that agenda is. i think it's silly that you put so much stock in forcing this through. You aren't convincing anyone. Not a single person.

IF blizzard went with night elves as forest elves only - it will never invalidate thier arcane and fel mastery past, nor their elune past either.. even if ellune was turned into a forest goddess. Unless they totally retcon their past,

It's a female dominated society.

Women just do all the aspects - especially now with Druidism, whereas the men simply haven't been as developed.
    Give it up, we were debating whether it was a matriarchal society, you're changing the goal posts again - you have to have the last word, and you can't be wrong. Be consistent about what you say, not consistent about having the last word. That's just arrogant.

Everything from Priestess to Sentinel to Druid to Warden to Illidari to Mage to Darkfallen Kaldorei.
    It's the Night Elves. A female dominated race.
    There are still more male mages and male druids - and that's the largest magic wielding block. they are also both led by males - they are clearly not female dominated.

And last I checked, the Darnassian kaldorei were ruled bjoinly by a male and a female, the demon hunters by a male, the mages by a male, the sentinesl by a male.

other groups. Frarondsi by a male, the moonguard by a male, the nightborne by a female. while Elune the goddess i female, Cenarius and Stalone are male.

Night elves seem very egalitarian, like no other races were when they were introduced in 2000 .. I don't think you can truly call them matriarchal after what we've seen in wow and the fleshed out lore we got , even though I have called them so before.

All other elf races - it's a combination. Their is no gender being put first. They have male and female leaders of their specific fields, like Magisters, Farstriders, Blood Knights, Riftblades and Duskwatch - but the lore doesn't indicate anything is more fe/male.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not interested in the political agendas of people, who primarily live their lives on social media.

I'm here talking about the WoW-Elf lore.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Sivara
    Thwen
    Lady Lestheria Vashj
    Princess Aszune
    Mavrana Mooncrest
    Archmage Nielthende

Plus so many more.

You clearly don't know night elves. You ahven't followed the lore or paid close attention, your reference is looking up and learning through wikipedia.

Lol, every Darnassian mage NPC is female - Spoken like someone who has no clue.

- - - Updated - - -

Look Tani, Night elves are not some inverse narcy fem fantasy where women dominate instead of men as some sort of opposite to the real world.

Women do dominate the running of the society throught he ORder of ELune and for the nation have typically carried out most of the defense and administrative tasks as warriors, hunters and priests where this is carried out by males in most other societies.

But females do are not some dominating ruler sex type with men clear underlings or under dogs. Men do make up most of the caster mages and druids for starters, and actually they perform differntly in their society - Druids, even during the long vigil, mostly men, did not concern themselves with kaldorei matters, but with nature matters.

And in other night elf communities based on the old regime, with the exception of the Nightborne, men were the leaders. Totheldrinn in Eldre'thalas, FArondis in Azsuna, Lothrius for the Moonguard.

A non priest leader would have been equally venerated as Azshara proved, and Malfurion - showing you that they don't "have to have a female" or "have to have a male" - they are not that dense like our societies are. IT would seem that they have to have a female as high priestess, not necessarily as civil leader though.

To me it seems it is the Elune empowerment that enables female Night elves to perform as warriors and priests - there is no indication that females are physically stronger than males for night elves. No they aren't, the opposite is true - as shown by their greater muscle mass etc. I suspect females can match the stronger males when enhanced by the power of Elune - which is why the female sentinels and huntresses are all from the Order of Elune. THere empowerment is what allows them to match an unempowered male or even surpass him.

We know the Order is a sisterhood, it isn't the only religious order, but it is the primary one and the most powerful one, also the one through which the pre-sundering civilization came to be, the conquest of Kalimdor, the discovery of arcane magic etc. Women don't seem any less tenacious or capable than men to do anything. I believe it is Eune that empowers them physically to match men for physically demanding roles like warrios and hunters.

With the priesthood and martial areas dominated by women, me seem to have over populated the caster and demon hunter sections. Mage, Druid and DH amongst them. This is also apparent. You can't join the order, the order provides the warriors and hunters -r the bulk of them, not many other places than the arcane and druidism to go, or new demon hunting aye.

You clearly don't know night elves. You ahven't followed the lore or paid close attention, your reference is looking up and learning through wikipedia.

Lol, every Darnassian mage NPC is female - Spoken like someone who has no clue.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dar...of_the_Thorns)

This NPC

Their are two versions of her but the actual Darnassus Mage NPCs are always female.
    Maybe learn the current lore and not remain so gung-ho about past lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Totheldrinn in Eldre'thalas, FArondis in Azsuna, Lothrius for the Moonguard.

A non priest leader would have been equally venerated as Azshara proved, and Malfurion - showing you that they don't "have to have a female" or "have to have a male" - they are not that dense like our societies are. IT would seem that they have to have a female as high priestess, not necessarily as civil leader though.

To me it seems it is the Elune empowerment that enables female Night elves to perform as warriors and priests - there is no indication that females are physically stronger than males for night elves. No they aren't, the opposite is true - as shown by their greater muscle mass etc. I suspect females can match the stronger males when enhanced by the power of Elune - which is why the female sentinels and huntresses are all from the Order of Elune. THere empowerment is what allows them to match an unempowered male or even surpass him.

We know the Order is a sisterhood, it isn't the only religious order, but it is the primary one and the most powerful one, also the one through which the pre-sundering civilization came to be, the conquest of Kalimdor, the discovery of arcane magic etc. Women don't seem any less tenacious or capable than men to do anything. I believe it is Eune that empowers them physically to match men for physically demanding roles like warrios and hunters.

With the priesthood and martial areas dominated by women, me seem to have over populated the caster and demon hunter sections. Mage, Druid and DH amongst them. This is also apparent. You can't join the order, the order provides the warriors and hunters -r the bulk of them, not many other places than the arcane and druidism to go, or new demon hunting aye.
    Elisande in Suramar
    Aszune in Western Kalimdor
    Lestharia in Vashj'ir
    Thalyssra as Suramar's First Arcanist
    Kor'vas Bloodthorn (as far as Demon Hunters go) being the face of the Illidan Harbinger episode.
    The many female Archdruids on Hyjal.

And we have no argument for the Darkfallen Kaldorei since those leaders were all women.

In Night Elf society, women are just more versatile and have takings in every aspect of the culture. I don't get why your upset about this..

- - - Updated - - -

And last I checked, the Darnassian kaldorei were ruled bjoinly by a male and a female, the demon hunters by a male, the mages by a male, the sentinesl by a male.
    Demon Hunters - by the character in question, with Kor'vas Bloodthorn as the main face of the Illidan harbingers.

The Sentinels - led by Shandris Feathermoon - a woman.
    The Wardens - led by Maiev Shadowsong - a woman
    The Sisterhood - led by Tyrande Whisperwind - a woman.

I know you must hate it that women are dominant in the kaldorei society but stop putting the women down when it is clear in their lore, of which you seemingly know nothing, that they are the dominant gender.

Mace - concerning question. Are you sexist? Both regarding this and the other quote - you don't seem to talk about women in general as equals. It seems you talk women down, even the race that is led and has always been led by women, where it was only Druidism, where the female night elves had no taking, until WoW's release.
    To say that the Sentinels are male-led and be so adamant and rude about it - any true Night Elf fan, especially female fans of the Night Elves, would tell you that you are 100% wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe you do at all, I suspect you've learnt far more from what Night elf fanshave shared inthe various arguments you've had with them.
    When your saying that the Sentinels are male-led, I think it's you that has no knowledge on the Night Elf canon lore.

You don't even have to be a Night Elf fan to know this isn't the case.

Hell, we could get that known Elf hater, Orc lover in this chat and he'd tell us this lore.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2022-08-05 at 10:52 AM.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dar...of_the_Thorns)

This NPC

Their are two versions of her but the actual Darnassus Mage NPCs are always female.
    Maybe learn the current lore and not remain so gung-ho about past lore.
    Lol... you are so selective. Only 3 Darnassian mages died in the war of thorns.. the rest surivved, most were making portals for the escappees, and many are seen fighting for the alliance in BFA assaults.

GO level up a night elf mage, go to Darnassus, and see tons of male mage NPCs, go to the assatuls and see tons of male NPC Darnassian mages.

Rather than selectively pull out of context a female Darnassian mage and say they are all females.

Mace - concerning question. Are you sexist? Both regarding this and the other quote - you don't seem to talk about women in general as equals. It seems you talk women down, even the race that is led and has always been led by women, where it was only Druidism, where the female night elves had no taking, until WoW's release.
    To say that the Sentinels are male-led and be so adamant and rude about it - any true Night Elf fan, especially female fans of the Night Elves, would tell you that you are 100% wrong.
    Lol.. I am not sexist at all, pointing out the layout of the night elves is not being sexist, - if you think situations where men appear more favourable to you and another man points it out is sexist, tehn youare part of those whackos who have lost all form of common sense lost in their super senstivity.

When your saying that the Sentinels are male-led, I think it's you that has no knowledge on the Night Elf canon lore.

You don't even have to be a Night Elf fan to know this isn't the case.

Hell, we could get that known Elf hater, Orc lover in this chat and he'd tell us this lore.
    I dind't say sentinesl are male led - and if i did, it would be a clear typo after mentioning several times that the sentinesl, priests are female led and DOMINATED - but maybe you just didn't read those parts - because you only saw what you wanted to see?

But Priestess and warrior/hunter dominance doesn't necessarily mean matriarchal nor female dominant race. You could make an argument for female dominance - but not the way you put it - - females dominating every aspect of society and every class - clearly not true at all.

You keep shifting your gaol posts too /shrug.

ANd disagreeing with your NElf female narrative makes me sexist against women? ROFL.

Lol... you are so selective. Only 3 Darnassian mages died in the war of thorns.. the rest surivved, most were making portals for the escappees, and many are seen fighting for the alliance in BFA assaults.

GO level up a night elf mage, go to Darnassus, and see tons of male mage NPCs, go to the assatuls and see tons of male NPC Darnassian mages.

Rather than selectively pull out of context a female Darnassian mage and say they are all females.
    I did the Nazmir and Zuldazar assaults and their were equal male and female night elf mages in both.

Indeed, the Nazmir Warfront had a Night Elf Mage - a named female night elf mage. Valrisa Windcoil.

Their is no more male night elf mages than their are females. This is just plain fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol.. I am not sexist at all, pointing out the layout of the night elves is not being sexist, - if you think situations where men appear more favourable to you and another man points it out is sexist, tehn youare part of those whackos who have lost all form of common sense lost in their super senstivity.
    What your pointing out is headcanon about the layout of night elves.

The race is and always has been and always will be, majority female led, female driven and female focus.

- - - Updated - - -

I dind't say sentinesl are male led - and if i did, it would be a clear typo after mentioning several times that the sentinesl, priests are female led and DOMINATED - but maybe you just didn't read those parts - because you only saw what you wanted to see?

But Priestess and warrior/hunter dominance doesn't necessarily mean matriarchal nor female dominant race. You could make an argument for female dominance - but not the way you put it - - females dominating every aspect of society and every class - clearly not true at all.

You keep shifting your gaol posts too /shrug.

ANd disagreeing with your NElf female narrative makes me sexist against women? ROFL.
    If you did, which you did - then your wrong and you need to correct that typo.

Everything else though - it's not about the leaders, it's about the fact that men are not as involved in all aspects of the kaldorei as the women are. Night Elf women have always been more of the focus when it comes to night elf lore.

To me, your just trying to change a female driven, female focus race into another male focus when it's evident Blizzard doesn't want that and doesn't agree with you. Never has, in the lore.

@Mace Allow me to translate.

"Shit, someone is pointing out everything wrong with my BElf supremacist BS! Hmmm, I know! I'll call 'racist' or 'sexist', that always ends arguments!"

In a way, it's a direct acknowledgement that you've won the argment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post

"Shit, someone is pointing out everything wrong with my BElf supremacist BS! Hmmm, I know! I'll call 'racist' or 'sexist', that always ends arguments!"

Your bringing in Blood Elves to a Night Elf argument.

Where has Blood Elves even been mentioned aside from indirectly pointing out that they, along with Void Elves, High elves and Nightborne, have never had a male or female drive. It's been a mix.

Stop attacking and making nasty comments when you aren't even reading the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about Blood Elves or Night Elves specifically, nor about which genders represent which groups. Let's drop this derailing tangent argument and return to the actual topic of the thread, which is about cross-faction lore.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread isn't about Blood Elves or Night Elves specifically, nor about which genders represent which groups. Let's drop this derailing tangent argument and return to the actual topic of the thread, which is about cross-faction lore.
    Fair enough.

With the small glimpses of Nightborne and Dark Iron working together, fighting the elementals, do we think that is reflecting the Blood Elf/Dwarf "truce" or could there be more to it?

I did the Nazmir and Zuldazar assaults and their were equal male and female night elf mages in both.
    Oh, so they're equal now, a minute ago they were all female with even a wikipedia quote to prove it.

To me, your just trying to change a female driven, female focus race into another male focus when it's evident Blizzard doesn't want that and doesn't agree with you. Never has, in the lore.
    Proven wrong and changes the argument again, right in front of our eyes. Shifting goalposts thinking this somehow legitimizes or wins your argument lol. It makes you look stupid or insane! Are you? If not, stop doing this. Wants is truly frightening is I see US politicians arguing like this - like children who forgot what they said or even wrote a moment before and think everyone agrees with them because they said it..

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post

Nailed it again, 100% , for a moment I was like, no, he didnt just go there did he!?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    So true too true. I will abide now

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough.

With the small glimpses of Nightborne and Dark Iron working together, fighting the elementals, do we think that is reflecting the Blood Elf/Dwarf "truce" or could there be more to it?
    Do blood elves even hate dwarves?

I guess the Dark Irons would have been enemies to everyone until recently, first normalizing relations with the other dwarves, then joining the alliance. So maybe I guess.
    We havent seen any real anti elf sentiment amongst dwarves, a few jokes perhaps, but that was with allies even.

AMD those were not dark Iron dwarves.

Bever saw any serious dwarves retaliation of the assassination of their ambassador in TBC either.

Blood elf dwarf truce should work, but I also find it amusing you will jump at anything but the most obvious and likely cross faction alliance of night elf and nightborne. Just cant have night elves reconnecting with that amazing past of theirs, as if nightborne allying with the blood elves somehow removes all the night elf history and connection

Do blood elves even hate dwarves?

I guess the Dark Irons would have been enemies to everyone until recently, first normalizing relations with the other dwarves, then joining the alliance. So maybe I guess.
    We havent seen any real anti elf sentiment amongst dwarves, a few jokes perhaps, but that was with allies even.

AMD those were not dark Iron dwarves.

Bever saw any serious dwarves retaliation of the assassination of their ambassador in TBC either.

Blood elf dwarf truce should work, but I also find it amusing you will jump at anything but the most obvious and likely cross faction alliance of night elf and nightborne. Just cant have night elves reconnecting with that amazing past of theirs, as if nightborne allying with the blood elves somehow removes all the night elf history and connection
    Night Elf involvement in Dragonflight doesn't seem to be happening, on a large scale.
    We've got Tyrande involvement, but what about the night elf forces like the Wardens, Sentinels and Druids?

Nightborne involvement seems to be working with the Dragonscale Expedition, which is fine as it appears that they want to primarily use the allied races for this expansion, along with Blood Elves and Dwarves.

With the whole "new seed" arc, the night elf story is revolving around their new home, which needs rapping up asap.

Also, I don't think Dragonflight is the expansion where night elves will be looking to speak with Nightborne. I reckon that whole thing will happen when Azshara comes back to the story.
    Dragonflight is not elf-lore and that is important to remember. The only reason why we have Blood Elves is that they are the only Horde group who have any sort of "Explorer/Archaeology" group in the Reqliuary. They're not even directly involved with the Dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Nailed it again, 100% , for a moment I was like, no, he didnt just go there did he!?
    Extremely toxic comment.

Not nailed at all. It's bullying and harassment. I'm made of thick skin, but I won't be bullied off this forum because I prefer a Horde race and I hope Aucald also understands that we're all entitled to like whatever we want.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2022-08-05 at 03:32 PM.