Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I just fail to see why dailies and weeklies are a problem. You can also stack them up and do them once every 3 days.

To me it seems you want to remove things that apparently make you "having to do dailies, every day" (which is not true) with something that actually makes you log in even more because it's literally more things to do. Not counting for the fact you're creating FOMO for people who for whatever reason are unable to get the rewards from a season pass.

Sorry, it's just a bad idea. Can work with other games.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    EDIT:
    After reading the first page, I'm beginning to think people just want to be force fed things and told what to do instead of having a choice of doing things their way.
    I'm advocating for being able to play whatever content you want and everyone getting rewarded for it instead of having to do dailies, every day.
    Also, you might want to take a deep breath and wait a couple of minutes before you go bananas with the keyboard.

Original post:
    Let's be honest. How many of you play the game (not log in, play) because of daily/weekly quests?
    Now that Blizzard has bought a company to improve WoW quality, there should be more focus put on it being a game instead of a chore.
    Removing dailies/weeklies would mean less players online, which would mean lower population for pugs in dungeons/raids.

But there is a solution for this - free season pass which levels up when you gain XP from killing monsters, doing raids, dungeons, pvp, gathering/crafting, etc.
    This would increase player interactivity instead of everyone playing on their own. The thing MMO is about. Or they could do that by just doing their solo activities.

And voila, suddenly players feel rewarded for playing the game their way. No need to do the dailies anymore. No one forced into things they don't want to do. Awesome, right?
    This season/battle pass could include everything from gold to crafting mats to transmog items, mounts and currency you need to improve gear.
    Who wouldn't love this?

But there's also potential to earn more money
    by making it a $10 paid season pass for those who want. This does not need to be on a monthly basis and instead be something that's rotated every 3 months. That would make it some $3.5/month which is most likely accessible to 90+% of WoW players.
    Rocket League has a great season pass system. You pay once and when you level up you earn the currency and at a certain level you have enough to buy the next season battle pass without paying more real money.

I'm sure someone else thought about this? But I don't see any downsides to it. Do you?
    Stop trying to add more pointless shit to wow through mtx

You are trying to over complicate something that is already available.

I swear these people pushing mtx in wow are probably netease plants trying hard because their mobile wow got trashed.
    Last edited by Roflfaceroll; 2022-08-05 at 12:14 PM.

Season pass content is just another way for AAA devs to squeeze every freaking dollar out of me, and keep me on a liner track to pump their MAUs. I dont even have to do the dailies and weeklies in game anymore and ill continue to do just that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    sounds like you havent played wow in LONG time...

1. currently there is not a single daily q you are "forced" to do, literaly none, only current reputation you need is in ZM which can be done without doing SINGLE daily q, via world boss and killing rares (and weekly q which can be done via killing rares), plus ofc campaign (which you need anyway at least once)
    2. everything adding to your progres is neat idea, i wish i could just get into the game and do pvp and be rewarded for it ...wait a minute... i can... right now, without any issues...
    3. your "solution" wouldnt help with interaction at all, killing mobs together? go to ZM and find a group to kill any rare, there is usualy zero interaction, if its a group to kill multiple then all interaction is usualy just people saying which rare is up...

so instead of "forced" (lol at this) dailies you would be "forced" to progress through battle pass, which would be more inconvenient, bcs instead of one dungeon/daily q/whatever your reward would be locked behind god knows how much stuff...
    basicaly you would trade one chore for another more complicated and forcefuly implemented chore...
    goood job! /s

you have to be troll, how can you seriously mean you dont see any downsides to it... honestly i strugle to find any UPSIDES to this... thing
    But why do you need to kill rares to complete a random quest?
    Why not do PvP to complete the same quest? Or PvE? Or gathering? Or crafting? Where you get to choose yourself how to complete that quest.

Let's be honest. How many of you play the game (not log in, play) because of daily/weekly quests?
    I do. It's the majority of what I do, actually. I have ten max-level characters that I rotate around doing emissaries, and two more that I'm currently leveling up to join the rotation. It's probably not the fastest or easiest way in the world to make gold, but it's one that I enjoy, and relaxes me when I play. It's not a chore to me, it's... the game. Something that I can get on and do every day (or over the course of every three days, in the case of my current style of playing).

But there is a solution for this - free season pass which levels up when you gain XP from killing monsters, doing raids, dungeons, pvp, gathering/crafting, etc.
    This would increase player interactivity instead of everyone playing on their own. The thing MMO is about. Or they could do that by just doing their solo activities.

And voila, suddenly players feel rewarded for playing the game their way. No need to do the dailies anymore. No one forced into things they don't want to do. Awesome, right?
    What I'm mainly getting from this is that you have a gratuitous grudge against specifically dailies for some odd reason. The concept of a battle pass in WoW is whatever. I don't see a need for it, but it's not as though my eyes glaze over with rage whenever I see the Somethingpass conceptualized in some game or another. I don't really care. But what exactly is the point of killing emissaries and dailies and world quests for this, instead of just... including them in the pass so you can do them to gain pass XP along with all the other totally non-repetitive stuff?

You don't have to do them. But I would like to. That's the whole point of this shit, yes? That we have better freedom over how we grind toward our rewards? Destroying dailies instead of encapsulating them into whatever WoW's version of the Somethingpass would be kinda flies in the face of that.

But there's also potential to earn more money
    by making it a $10 paid season pass for those who want. This does not need to be on a monthly basis and instead be something that's rotated every 3 months. That would make it some $3.5/month which is most likely accessible to 90+% of WoW players.
    Rocket League has a great season pass system. You pay once and when you level up you earn the currency and at a certain level you have enough to buy the next season battle pass without paying more real money.
    lol. No comment.

After reading the first page, I'm beginning to think people just want to be force fed things and told what to do instead of having a choice of doing things their way.
    I'm advocating for being able to play whatever content you want and everyone getting rewarded for it instead of having to do dailies, every day.
    Also, you might want to take a deep breath and wait a couple of minutes before you go bananas with the keyboard.
    You're advocating for the removal of content that you don't like in the same breath that you're proposing a system that supposedly encourages playing the game however you want, and not necessarily worrying about the things you don't like. There's a problem there, and it's part of what's not letting this idea sit well with me.

Pretty much all the components of a system like this that I'd be totally cool with are already in the game in some way or another: reputations, renown, the weekly % bar, and the warfront contributions thing from BFA where you could turn in crafted shit for progress on the warfront bar, I think. There's gotta be some way to finagle all of those concepts into a Somethingpass-like system for accruing experience at max level by doing whatever you want, to gain rewards without having to remove dailies and world quests for no reason, right? Actually, isn't something like that what they kind of are doing for DF reps?
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2022-08-05 at 12:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Right, but in a battle pass, you get one reward per level. So say I'm a player who only does the Anima WQ's, because Anima is what I'm interested in. Each day I do the 4-5 WQ's that reward Anima, and ignore the rest.

Suddenly, in your BP world, I may only get Anima every 5-6 levels(If we assume the rewards are pretty evenly spread). Now I log in, and suddenly I've got to do _some_ amount of content to earn BP levels I don't care about, just so I can get to rewards I DO care about.

I don't think the idea of a BP in WoW is an inherently bad idea, Renown was a BP, just gated to 2-3 a week at first. It gave us mounts, titles, various resources, and was obtainable from basically any content you could think of.

I think it could continue to work going forwards(And it seems Blizzard agrees, given they've already mentioned that the Dragonflight Reps are going to work like Renown in DF), I just don't believe it's a good idea to remove WQ's and Dailies for them.
    Fair enough about Renown, but I did not like the gated part of it. It also was character bound, another thing I really dislike about the battle pass in Diablo Immortal.

But why do you need to kill rares to complete a random quest?
    Why not do PvP to complete the same quest? Or PvE? Or gathering? Or crafting? Where you get to choose yourself how to complete that quest.
    You mean the stuff that is already in game? Have you seen the pvp dailies? The callings aren't used to get gear. They are used for gold and rep until you hit exalted. Normal dungeon gear is better than any items out of the callings and only ZM dailies have better gear, but you have to have the thing ranked up.

Like I said in a earlier post. These people pushing MTX are probably netease plants. They don't know enough about the game itself, but they keep trying to put battlepasses and other stupid MTX in the game.

**Do you hate doing dailies and weeklies for rewards? Well lets make you pay to do a battle pass... Which has..... you guessed it. Dailies and weeklies in the battlepass to get gear you could have gotten without the battlepass.**

Fair enough about Renown, but I did not like the gated part of it. It also was character bound, another thing I really dislike about the battle pass in Diablo Immortal.
    The gating is annoying, but the community has proven repeatedly that if Blizzard doesn't gate their progress, the community will force themselves to grind it out in the first few days while complaining about it, and then complain that there's nothing to do. I consider it a necessary evil, especially because I pay for my subscription in 6 month blocks anyway.
    Last edited by Stickiler; 2022-08-05 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

while im all for moving away from daily login stuff in favor of weekly or longer term login stuff, a seasons pass is the last thing i want in wow as it implies all your gains will be reset or removed every 6 months, whereas with the current system there is at least the illusion that that isn't the case. 6 month is also a bit too fast for things to become unobtainable on this large a scale.

surely the current season is pretty good? there is no daily stuff at all this time around.

(as a tangent: the name season pass is also a critical mistake as this will just create an easy avenue for blizz to futher monetize the game, you yourself already suggest this.)
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2022-08-05 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does adding a battle pass not become a chore? Its designed to monetize on FOMO, and often leads the player to feel like they cant take time off or just "chill" for a season. Especially if you add a paid version as that also adds in the sunk cost fallacy as the player feels like they have to finish it as they've already paid for it. Not to mention a paid battle pass incentivizes blizzard to add the good looking mounts/transmogs/pets in the pass and generic stuff from the game itself.

Im all for reducing the time players spend on chores they feel like they "have to do", and rather reward them from spending it on content they enjoy. But I think that can be achieved in many ways better than a battle pass

I will never understand why WoW is the only mmorpg where i see "blizzard needs to do this!" and its always boiled down to "charging me more money".

This is a subscription game with a cash shop. It milks whales enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Games like this need structure. Goals to follow. Giving buffs for grinding won't make people grind. The best example was the research rep from Korthia. To do it you'd have to kill rares otherwise you were getting almost no progression. Most people just didn't do it, not seeing any structure to their goal.
    I disagree.

Activities need to be fun enough by themselves that players do them with just the rewards of that activity. Not because they get something more on a daily or weekly basis. Look at M+. It's enough fun that I do it just because. They give gear, and score goes up, that's all I need. I would do M+ without the vault.

Outdoor content is fun the first time. 100th time not so much for me. I stop doing all dailies after I get the "on top" rewards like endless augment rune an legendary.

tldr make the activity fun and you don't need "structure"

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    tbh, who cares? (besides the few thousand remaining players)

DF will be BfA or SL 3.0. the next, even more halfassed, cheapshit, cost effective xpac, to milk the cow. that company will wether evolve anything (regardless in which way), nor will things get „any better“ or „big changes“. the reality is: they stripe and streamline all that shit more and more and more, to press even a bit more milk out of that dying cow, to compensate a bit all the players, they lost with their milking. and DF will even less invest, less content, more recycling, more cost efficient, more simple, less quality, and more cheap. it’s a downward spiral and it will continue, cause this is their concept. and they stick to it.

so, again: who gives a F? this thread will not even become more than 5 pages long, before it gets stalled, because the most ppl realized what’s wow about these days and are already out of the door. so imo it’s useless to talk about „some crazy evolve-ideas“, when it’s obvious that the exact opposite will happen.
    Yes because many ppl many here to like the blizz excuse like: to much time taken away with those, to many resources taken away with that or this so they will find excuse easily for any new system or improvements because we players/ costumers let them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I very much like this idea. First of all it works well with any game that shares this system. Second and most important, it allows for an individual player pace instead of the obligatory daily crap for petty rewards. Not to mention that it can incorporate a paid version inside the free one for extra cosmetic rewards and/or gold without any detriment to the free version.

All it takes is some good will and not pretending that wow is still the game we was playing in 2004. Since it is not, we should set aside all those "but this can't happen in wow" nonsense arguments and find ways to improve the game and make it contemporary once more.

There are fine examples of mmos where you can jump in do everything in a weekend and log out for a month with no penalty. WoW is stupidly trying to keep players logged in (because supposedly we all love each other and want to play together) and all it does is piss people off for having a second work schedule after their real life one.
    i mean if it is "obligatory" and has petty rewards is it really obligatory? And if it isnt then why do you NEED to do them? I havent done a daily quest in 3 months and i enjoy the game still playing with my friends and guildies.

I think we could reverse the idea and keep everyone (or well most people) like this:

-Anything you do in game, pvp, questing, raiding,M+, buying/selling in AH, idling in a city that can change every day or week, etc they all give reputation points that are dependent on the difficulty of what is being done.

So this way no one feels obliged to do anything and even waiting for a queue to pop can offer like idk 50 rep per hour or something.

I think most people would feel liberated if they could choose that they want to spend a day skinning mobs instead of spending their two hours doing quests they don’t like.

As for “season pass” it’s simply stages that can be fulfilled by simply playing the game.

I think it could be beneficial to remove the “you must do Torghast every reset to be relevant” when all the relevance one gets is unlocking a reputation.
    Like I mentioned in a earlier post. These people pushing battlepasses and MTX don't seem to know about the game at all.... 50 rep/hr? Do you know how easy it is to get rep in game? 1 calling will give you 1000-1500 rep. 1 WQ can give 125-250 rep depending on the reward. Doing the main storyline will get you into revered. None of which take even an hour. (Except the storyline) No one really does WQ in the first place except exteme casual players that don't realize that the gear from it is terrible.

You want to skin? Go sit in korthia. There are skinning mass pull parties. You can get thousands of skins just sitting in one spot.

It doesn't take that long to do whatever you are claiming a battlepass will help. If you have even mid tier M+ gear and use the spheroid gear with the toxic spheroid almost everything in the regular shadowlands dies instantly except for elites which just take a few more hits. Regular mob in the shadowlands has like 11k health. I'm only 271 right now at the beginning of the season and my mortal strike will kill that mob in 1 hit.

No one, I repeat no one except extreme casual players grind out WQ for gear. The only reason other players do it is for gold from the calling quests or the extra supplies you get if you are already exalted. Which gives.... You guessed it gold... and a small chance of a color variation mount.

The battlepass idea is dumb. Go play another game if you want battlepasses and stop trying to fix something that clearly isn't broken. (At least not broken in the way you say a battlepass will fix)

Also what is this "must do torghast each reset to be relevant"? Torghast is completely optional. I only run it to get mats for legendaries. I have never seen or heard anyone or anything that says you have to run torghast each reset to be relevant.
    Last edited by Roflfaceroll; 2022-08-05 at 02:14 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    there's already a sub for this game and enough paid stuff in it as well. Season pass has no place in a paid sub mmo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Yawn. Yet another half-baked idea borrowed from other video game genres which insists that WoW should be an entirely different game "because profits." This ridiculous cynicism used to justify every dumb fucking suggestion ever conjured up by this community is getting a bit old.

Anything linked to reputations which are then linked to progress is obligatory. Weekly quests also. Having to do ZM to progress or any other side island before that may work for the game narrative but it’s unimaginative and boring.

Reputation should be redeemable by doing absolutely anything whatsoever. Then we would see who really “enjoys” dailies.

Now it’s just a gauntlet: they oblige everyone to go to the same area hunting the same mobs and hope that world pvp will occur or coop to kill a rare etc. Almost feels like a social experiment instead of a game.
    What are you even talking about? None of what you said makes any sense. You do know there is a new season out right? None of what you said is currently needed to progress. Even ZM isn't needed to progress after you get the unity legendary. It is then applicable to all alts after 1 character. ZM is a catch up zone not a progression zone.

Most players that actually play are all exalted with all of the current factions. Rep isn't even applicable like it use to be in older expansions. They don't give you anything except transmogs, pets and mounts. So there isn't any rush to get rep. Rares are not really rares anymore either. The only rare mobs people will farm are the ones that drop mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely optional until you need legendaries and then it becomes obligatory. As for the 50 rep/hour it was just a fucking example until you took it and stretched it over the top.

Game can be very simple: Play and earn. Or it can be extremely complicated with systems hidden inside systems grinds within grinds 100 different modes for achieving something, partitioned game that obliged pvp to go into pve and vice versa.

What’s your problem with being rewarded for doing whatever you want? At the end of the day it’s just an idea.
    How is it obligatory? Please explain. I haven' t run it at all in a long time. I have like 30k cosmic flux and I can just trade it for soul ash and stuff. I never had anyone tell me, " you can't join our dungeon or raid because you didn't do torghast this reset." I think your understanding of wow is skewed and that you probably have no real idea of how the game is played. You don't need to have every single legendary. It isn't obligatory at all. You get cosmic flux from raiding and M+ or the chests out of ZM. No need to run torghast at all.

Also the rep thing isn't stretched over the top. All I did was explain how rep currently is. It isn't my fault your idea is bad.
    Last edited by Roflfaceroll; 2022-08-05 at 02:48 PM.

How naive do you have to be to think that Activision will add a season pass to the game and not monetize it.

Are you serious right now?

And suddenly the battle pass becomes a endless progression system ala paragon in D3, which forces you to grind it every season or you loose out on stuff. NOPE.

I get what OP is saying, but having recently played diablo immortal to 60, now I actually know what a battle pass is (sort of, well I dont still) it seems awful.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO