Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I can accept that in the occupation period after the war of thorns there were blood elves soldiers as seen in the cinematic. but that is after the burning of teldrassil where the blood elves were not seen as participants.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfB9U7j-ZNA
    Second 32, what race is the magician who drives the "plane"?

The same according to the Canon after the burning the Horde had concentration camps and hunted civilians in Kalimndor.

So if they were on the land after the burning they were still defending or committing war crimes.

PS: Not counting the plan to Enslave Kaldorei as Undead. (which depends on what moment of the cannon changes what it is)

the only blood elf we see participate in the war of thorns is lorash and he dies before the burning and all the parts where lorash intervenes even in the novel he only attacks military targets.

clearly defending your allies in the middle of a war does not make you part of a war crime.

It seems that people do not understand that one thing is to commit war crimes and another thing is to be an ally of a war criminal.

I repeat neither the United States nor the United Kingdom are guilty of war crimes committed by their allies
    Depends on what kind of alliance.
    If you join a war with the aim of exterminating a people and their entire culture. You are committing a war crime.

If you want to argue that the Horde would never have followed Sylvanas I'll buy it. But BFA is so badly written that Sylvanas literally said "let's exterminate this race completely" and everyone said "Ok good idae".
    Last edited by geco; 2022-08-05 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfB9U7j-ZNA
    Second 32, what race is the magician who drives the "plane"?

The same according to the Canon after the burning the Horde had concentration camps and hunted civilians in Kalimndor.

So if they were on the land after the burning they were still defending or committing war crimes.

PS: Not counting the plan to Enslave Kaldorei as Undead. (which depends on what moment of the cannon changes what it is)

Depends on what kind of alliance.
    If you join a war with the aim of exterminating a people and their entire culture. You are committing a war crime.

If you want to argue that the Horde would never have followed Sylvanas I'll buy it. But BFA is so badly written that Sylvanas literally said "let's exterminate this race completely" and everyone said "Ok good idae".
    the player character
    no, sylvanas told them that they were going to occupy teldrassil not to kill all the night elves.

the player character
    no, sylvanas told them that they were going to occupy teldrassil not to kill all the night elves.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09AR6WotpY secon 9

But then he destroyed her and they kept fighting for her and for her. Not in separate fights or separate wars.

Let's say another way. Under your logic it's ok to fight for the burning legion or for Azhara. Because it is your ally who commits genocide. Not you.
    You just give him all the resources to commit it.

Also remember that there is no time that any leader of the Horde except Thrall says that teldrazzil was wrong. Moreover, there are novels that confirm that he did not care.

When Thrall tries to say that he "he made the current horde against burning Teldrazzil" directly he has nothing to say.
    Last edited by geco; 2022-08-05 at 04:14 PM.

It's interesting how Lor'themar Theron would rather spend time in Orgrimmar (a foreign orcish city on the other side of the world) flirting with a woman of another race entirely, rather than be in Silvermoon, where he belongs. Does he not know that he has a whole elven kingdom to rule?

Perhaps if Lor'themar Theron took his job seriously, then the Ghostlands wouldn't still be infested with Undead armies. As the Windrunner Sisters comic shows, the Windrunners had to fight ceaselessly through hordes of undead just to reach their ancestral home.

A worthy leader would have made it a priority to purge any remaining undead in the nation thoroughly. Sadly it seems that Theron does not have his priorities straight, since his priority is to marry a foreign elf.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-15 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's interesting how Lor'themar Theron would rather spend time in Orgrimmar (a foreign orcish city on the other side of the world) flirting with a woman of another race entirely, rather than be in Silvermoon, where he belongs. Does he not know that he has a whole elven kingdom to rule?

Perhaps if Lor'themar Theron took his job seriously, then the Ghostlands wouldn't still be infested with Undead armies. As the Windrunner Sisters comic shows, the Windrunners had to fight ceaselessly through hordes of undead just to reach their ancestral home.

A worthy leader would have made it a priority to purge any remaining undead in the nation thoroughly. Sadly it seems that Theron does not have his priorities straight, since his priority is to marry a foreign elf.
    It is that Blizzard cannot think beyond the capitals and the only way to resolve conflicts of the minor races is by magic and without development.

Although it must be clarified that the advisers betrayed them so that he would marry.

5+ Year Old Account

He can also be found at Sunfury Spire in Silvermoon. I saw him when I was doing heritage armor quests for my blood elf, but he can also be found in Nazjatar. I don't mind him flirting with her, because Suramar looks so nice that we could actually make use of it as a capital city. This marriage kind of symbolizes the union between the Sun and the Moon, you know. It's juicy.

Don't expect much of a honeymoon, Lor'themar is going to end up dead in Dragonflight. Executed for his crimes against the Alliance by an assassin causing Thalyssra to go mad with grief teaming up with Princess Talanji to start another war with the Alliance. Enslaving the dragons and finally forcing the Alliance to put down the majority of the Horde once and for all. All the capital cities gone from every expansion, the Horde will be forced to relocate to Thousand Needles and set up a floating city connected to an underwater goblin base.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    He can also be found at Sunfury Spire in Silvermoon. I saw him when I was doing heritage armor quests for my blood elf, but he can also be found in Nazjatar. I don't mind him flirting with her, because Suramar looks so nice that we could actually make use of it as a capital city. This marriage kind of symbolizes the union between the Sun and the Moon, you know. It's juicy.
    I get that and it's great to see the Sin'dorei/Shal'dorei relation unified, but I just don't see it going anywhere other than to tell us of the time skip between Shadowlands and Dragonflight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Don't expect much of a honeymoon, Lor'themar is going to end up dead in Dragonflight. Executed for his crimes against the Alliance by an assassin causing Thalyssra to go mad with grief teaming up with Princess Talanji to start another war with the Alliance. Enslaving the dragons and finally forcing the Alliance to put down the majority of the Horde once and for all. All the capital cities gone from every expansion, the Horde will be forced to relocate to Thousand Needles and set up a floating city connected to an underwater goblin base.
    Yeah, cause LTT has been named as a major character in Dragonflight...also, Blizzard have said that the faction war thing is being put to bed.
    You can live in hope of the Horde being deleted, but that's all you've got...hope...

EDIT: Elf lore is not Dragon lore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Don't expect much of a honeymoon, Lor'themar is going to end up dead in Dragonflight. Executed for his crimes against the Alliance.
    Wait what? How can you possibly know that? Is this legit?

Wait what? How can you possibly know that? Is this legit?
    He doesn't know. Lor'themar isn't even confirmed to be involved in the Dragonflight expansion, barring the initial intro quest.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    He doesn't know. Lor'themar isn't even confirmed to be involved in the Dragonflight expansion, barring the initial intro quest.
    Damn. They always have to find some black scenario. I was already picturing what my mage would wear to the wedding, and there are those fancy rivers and boats in Suramar that could be used for transportation. That would be so enjoyable. Imagine how many fun side-quests could be implemented just for the ceremony.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-05 at 06:14 PM.

Maybe we can get a new playable, cross-race out of this marriage? A cross between Nightborne and Blood Elves and we could call them ”Night Elves.”

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    Maybe we can get a new playable, cross-race out of this marriage? A cross between Nightborne and Blood Elves and we could call them ”Night Elves.”
    Or "Bloodborne."

7+ Year Old Account

You do know he's not real right? Like he can only do what the writers let him do.

The Heritage Armour of Blood elves canonically takes place in 8.1, around the time of the Battle of Dazar'alor, when it was released. So it is irrelevant to bring up.

Since the final stages of BfA/Shadowlands, I have yet to see Theron back at Sunfury Spire on my Horde alt. I do constantly see him hanging around Grommash Hold, which is found in a foreign city on the other side of the ocean.

What am I to make of this? He leaves the Sunfury Spire vacant so often that I'm starting to wonder if Rommath is the one really running things in Quel'Thalas.

Perhaps, if Theron did his job right, we wouldn't come back from the Shadowlands to find a San'layn prince amassing a giant army to march on Silvermoon. By comparison, Stormwind, which is ruled by Regent Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner, did not have such critical issues with the undead. Because Turalyon and Alleria are actually qualified for the job and competent.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-08-05 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    You do know he's not real right? Like he can only do what the writers let him do.
    I wouldn't pay Varodoc attention, to be honest.
    He won't respond to your comment.

5+ Year Old Account

What am I to make of this? He leaves the Sunfury Spire vacant so often that I'm starting to wonder if Rommath is the one really running things in Quel'Thalas.

Perhaps, if Theron did his job right, we wouldn't come back from the Shadowlands to find a San'layn prince amassing a giant army to march on Silvermoon. By comparison, Stormwind, which is ruled by Regent Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner, did not have such critical issues with the undead. Because Turalyon and Alleria are actually qualified for the job and competent.
    Oh well, perhaps he was busy with something else.

I am hoping that this union will benefit both cities. The defense systems could also be upgraded. Both nations suffered more or less from the Legion. Silvermoon hasn't changed since the Burning Crusade, and we still can't fly there. The whole zone is literally a ghost town. The same with Suramar. These are nice cities, and we could make use of them. I don’t know about you, but Ogrimmar is a bit swampy for my taste. I need something more classy.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-05 at 06:55 PM.

I am hoping that this union will benefit both cities. The defense systems could also be upgraded. Both nations suffered more or less from the Legion. Silvermoon hasn't changed since the Burning Crusade, and we still can't fly there. The whole zone is literally a ghost town. The same with Suramar. These are nice cities, and we could make use of them. I don’t know about you, but Ogrimmar is a bit swampy for my taste. I need something more classy.
    I think every major city should be given the same assets as Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

Players can choose which city they want to spend their time in.

Now, I'd leave out the allied race places like suramar, highmountain and blackrock mountain because they aren't built to be functioning cities.
    However Silvermoon, Exodar, Quel'Thalas and the Azuremyst Isles need an update

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Since the final stages of BfA/Shadowlands, I have yet to see Theron back at Sunfury Spire on my Horde alt. I do constantly see him hanging around Grommash Hold, which is found in a foreign city on the other side of the ocean.

Silvermoon, the Eversong Woods, and the Ghostlands are well known for not being up-to-date with whatever the current status of the region is, so the fact that it has yet to be updated in-game isn't really representative of what its current status may be. Furthermore, the Horde only recently underwent a huge shakeup in its leadership, moving from an effective autocracy to a more representative government headed by the nominal racial leaders - so it makes sense that Lor'themar (who represents the Blood Elves to the Horde) would be present in Orgrimmar, the Horde's capitol city, while this new government finalizes itself.

Secondly, Alleria and Turalyon have no real work to do in Elywnn contrasted to the Ghostlands - Elwynn and Stormwind weren't made targets in the Third War, and they haven't been permanently altered by the Scourge as a result. The Ghostlands are one of the most deeply corrupted and damaged regions of Azeroth due to the Scourge's rampage throughout the land, the kind of damage that can be easily remedied as Stormwind was during the First War. Neither Lor'themar, Rommath, nor Halduron can simply spend money to fix the Ghostlands, it's an ecological disaster zone that will likely be haunted by Scourge remnants for a long time (similar to the damages wrought to Stratholme and the Eastweald).

Lor'themar is apparently doing his job right and seems to enjoy the full support and love of his people.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Yeah, he was busy flirting and not doing his job.

Blood elves and Nightborne lost any right to being "classy" the moment they joined the Horde actually, so they will have Orgrimmar as their capital city. They were warned of what joining the Horde would imply, and living in a fetid ugly wasteland in the desert was part of it. The funds of the Horde will be directed to bolstering the defences of their capital, Orgrimmar, not some secondary cities like Silvermoon and Suramar.

If anything I should commend the Blood elves and Nightborne for still being in the Horde. In any given work of fiction, it's always known that elves despise bad smell and ugly places (any normal person does really, but elves have always been known for their elegance and beauty), so it's a surprise to find so many elves living in that "city" called Orgrimmar amongst barbarians and zombies.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-08-05 at 07:13 PM.