Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There are modular Horde and Alliance themed walls and tower "pieces" being worked on in the files and have "10" attached. Some have the codename "frontier".

If not a revamp, maybe some kind of base building/housing thing? Check this twitter thread.

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...ViEVcXDtgGhGgA
    Garrisons 2.0!

Jk, idk but I am very interested to what all these building updates end up being. Definitely the biggest running mystery since Shadowlands at least.

People have higher expectations for WoW's story because it's directly competing with XIV, which is incredibly story focused. So a macguffin based leveling storyline will disappoint some people.

I do want to remind people that this is the LEVELING storyline, and if the dragons get their powers back very early it means they can focus on more character driven storylines in the max level questing. Note that we barely see Khadgar and Tyrande isn't even here yet.

I will say the Primalists are definitely the most interesting antagonist faction since the Legion: it's basically what the Twilight Cult should've been, with direct elemental themes instead of purple and metal.

It's not like FFXIV isn't Macguffin and very by-the-book.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's not like FFXIV isn't Macguffin and very by-the-book.
    FF14's strength lies in the writing and dialogue. The overarching story on paper isn't that amazing (though it's still pretty good). The execution is just leaps and bounds better than WoW (and most games).

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    FF14's strength lies in the writing and dialogue. The overarching story on paper isn't that amazing (though it's still pretty good). The execution is just leaps and bounds better than WoW (and most games).
    Is it though?

The only MMO that has somewhat passable writing and dialogue is GW2, and even that is kinda hit or miss.

WoW and FFXIV has dialogue that sounds like it was written by people that were never actually included in a conversation.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Meanwhile:

Terrible art imo.

Varian, lortemar and sylvanas all look terrible still to this day.

The questing gear on Wowhead looks somewhat decent. Not a big fan of the colors of the robes, and the plate needs the gloves and boots to have more thickness to them.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ugh I hate stuff like this, the helm is completely
    Ruined by not being able to put down the vizier just like the ICC pally set.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

After playing around with the Dracthyr Visage (female) in Wowhead's Dressing Room, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to play any other races again...

They just look so freaking good. And the range is insane. I was able to create beautiful and humble looking young adventurers, the only thing betraying their identities being the ears. No horns or anything. But then I could also create these insane looking dragon-esque figures with scales and colours and... blown away.

There's such a stark difference in quality too. If you look at the new Night Elf female hair options that arrived in Shadowlands for example, they have this sort of rough quality and don't look that hi-res tbh. The Dracthyr on the other hand, their hair options (the majority at least) look super high quality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ugh I hate stuff like this, the helm is completely
    Ruined by not being able to put down the vizier just like the ICC pally set.
    I don't think that's a vizier, it has no holes.

It's just a solid metal plate.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    The plate leveling set looks really nice:

Plate set looks nice indeed. Belt looks more leathery though.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Meanwhile:

Holy dam, did they try to blackwash her to grab a bigger audience?!

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Holy dam, did they try to blackwash her to grab a bigger audience?!
    That or someone spend too much time watching his blow up doll version of Sylvanas and thought that's how her lips actually look.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That or someone spend too much time watching his blow up doll version of Sylvanas and thought that's how her lips actually look.
    It's just terrible fan art. A lot of the characters on the loading screens are. The Cata/Mop screens were miles ahead in quality

7+ Year Old Account
    Christ, it's just the art style of the artist.
    LudoLullabi, the dude made all their old short story covers and comics

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I mean, it's better than Three Sisters and Vereesa's buckteeth children.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It's just terrible fan art. A lot of the characters on the loading screens are. The Cata/Mop screens were miles ahead in quality
    Not a fan art, just the style of an artist. He also made some WoW comics.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The art style of his profile picture looks familiar…… dont tell me he is the genius behind ashbringer comics ? all sins be forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    The plate leveling set looks really nice:
    [IMG]https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1069786.jpg[IMG]
    It's going to have great transmog potential!