Example of intense raid boss attempt

So my friend plays some, unknown to me, mmo. Telling me, it is complicated because you have to work together with 5 people. Judging from what he is saying, there really is only the most basic of mechanics, and it sounds on par with LFR on difficulty. I tried explaining to him that the game I play (wow) is far more complicated and there are things called raids that require a lot more people and a lot more coordination. That every group doing difficult content is all together using voice chat and guides. He seemed interested, but wanted me to provide an example.

That is my question, does anyone have a good example of some YouTube video of raid boss encounter? Something intense and with lots of mechanics. Something that will validate my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    So my friend plays some, unknown to me, mmo. Telling me, it is complicated because you have to work together with 5 people. Judging from what he is saying, there really is only the most basic of mechanics, and it sounds on par with LFR on difficulty. I tried explaining to him that the game I play (wow) is far more complicated and there are things called raids that require a lot more people and a lot more coordination. That every group doing difficult content is all together using voice chat and guides. He seemed interested, but wanted me to provide an example.

That is my question, does anyone have a good example of some YouTube video of raid boss encounter? Something intense and with lots of mechanics. Something that will validate my point.
    This is quite confusing - you are arguing that wow has these advanced raids and mechanics, but cant provide an example by yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is quite confusing - you are arguing that wow has these advanced raids and mechanics, but cant provide an example by yourself?
    I provided plenty of text, but he asked me specifically for a video as an example of my words.

Look for a Guide for Anduin Mythic Prenerf or Jailer Mythic Prenerf if you want current examples or e.g. Nzoth Mythic from last expansion

Or even freaking xymox mythic, that one already is super complex mechanically

I'd go with mythic Kil'jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    I'd go with mythic Kil'jaeden.
    One of the hardest, most rewarding fights in recent memory.

This is a pointless endeavor. No video of a mythic wow raid is going to be remotely comprehensible to anyone who doesn't know the mechanics of the game.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Weird. My friend plays some unknown mmo that I don’t want to name but I want to show I am superior to his game and rather than use google or YouTube I came to Mos Eisley to ask for raid videos.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    This is a pointless endeavor. No video of a mythic wow raid is going to be remotely comprehensible to anyone who doesn't know the mechanics of the game.
    This is true. If your friend is really interested, then maybe a boss guide will be better, so that they may get a better look of the encounter and its mechanics instead of the chaos of some random gameplay video.

10+ Year Old Account
    USSO TAUNT

10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

"Hey, help me win an argument with my friend because I don't know how to validate my own point."

Gen Z ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    "Hey, help me win an argument with my friend because I don't know how to validate my own point."
    That was kind of my point right at the start, it honestly feels like someone has started an argument with their friend, but cant back their claims up. Sounds to me like someone is talking about how insanely hard mythic raids are.............without ever actually doing a mythic raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

We doing e-peen comparisons about the hardest encounters in mmos?

Where is the 102 site google doc about dragonsong reprise...

Durumu the LFR Destroyer

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'jaeden, Durumu, Yoggy?

Just some of the ones I recall that severely needed you to rely on your team.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    patchwerk.

5+ Year Old Account
    Mythic Jailer or Anduin

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    That was kind of my point right at the start, it honestly feels like someone has started an argument with their friend, but cant back their claims up. Sounds to me like someone is talking about how insanely hard mythic raids are.............without ever actually doing a mythic raid.
    I agree, 100%