Thread: [Movie] Prey

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You mean an axe with a long strap attached to it? Truly outlandish! Man, they've really diverged from the realistically grounded bodybuilding soldiers toting miniguns on a rescue mission that kicked off this franchise.
    Not sure what do you mean by that. A lightweigth axe with a rope attached to it flying on a flat trajectory and successfully hitting a tree, then being pulled out AND pulled back on the very same flat trajectory to the hand of Pocahontaz. That's insultingly stupid movie physics.

Skinny people firing handheld miniguns are not fiction, plenty of evidence of that are available on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    So its just Pray (video game) only indians mixed with a movie predator.

I dont see any aliens sucking indians into space ships.

I would kinda understand if they used those 2 monsters from their lore:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nun%27Yunu%27Wi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsul_%27Kalu

Don't sweat the details!!!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    Not sure what do you mean by that. A lightweigth axe with a rope attached to it flying on a flat trajectory and successfully hitting a tree, then being pulled out AND pulled back on the very same flat trajectory to the hand of Pocahontaz. That's insultingly stupid movie physics.

Skinny people firing handheld miniguns are not fiction, plenty of evidence of that are available on youtube.
    you're looking for realistic physics... in an action movie... about aliens hunting humans back in the 1600's or whenever? action movies are so full of physics defying stunts that it's not funny. this isn't physics but you get the idea from this video:

they completely ignore logic in action movies because the protagonist has to live, right? at least to the end of the movie.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-07-05 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    White exploitation of indigenous cultures is a real problem. It is morally reprehensible to genocide an entire people then use their legends and likenesses to make money, Especially when none of that money is going to go towards any tribes.

At least they cast an indigenous actress so that's something.
    This is the kind of person that comes up with Miles Morales Thor.

Racism that thinks its justified.

Other people don't need your protection and white knighting. They are capable humans who can make and do for themselves like everyone else.

Stop treating people differently based on the pigment in their skin.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

It could just be the angle but it looks like the tree she’s throwing it at is rather close to her which would make the trajectory perfectly fine as it likely would start to arc from such a short range.

Also unrelated, the later axe disarm and slaying looks sick.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

The point was that these movies have always been way over the top with very little concern for realism. From the very first of the movies (the only good one) “does it look cool” trumps “does it seem realistic”. Nitpicking extremely minor things like “this weapon doesn’t quite obey the laws of physics in this particular scene” is far more insultingly stupid.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2022-07-05 at 08:41 PM.

Overthinking the premise here. The movie pitch is, "What if the Predator fought some indigenous peoples of the past."

Predators visiting less technologically advanced beings for the hunt are baked into the very structure of the franchise. Dutch fought the Predator of the first film with primitive means too- that was entirely what made the movie cool.

There is a reason why the tracking demographics for this movie are incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Replying to a month old post? Man, you must be mad with ennui. But I'm not taking the bait. Welcome to the ignore list and have fun howling into the void!
    Gets his racism shown blatantly, responds with anger and insults, hides from criticism.

Its like you are following a guide written "For the Woke White Savior".

I promise, the post isn't for you. You just make a good example. Thanks for literally doing exactly what everyone expects.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Overthinking the premise here. The movie pitch is, "What if the Predator fought some indigenous peoples of the past."

Predators visiting less technologically advanced beings for the hunt are baked into the very structure of the franchise. Dutch fought the Predator of the first film with primitive means too- that was entirely what made the movie cool.

There is a reason why the tracking demographics for this movie are incredible.
    hehe - looking at any Predator (or Alien movie, or AvP movie) with anymore thought than "Fun scifi/action movie about aliens and humans fighting to the death" is overthinking the premise.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Watched it tonight and it’s easily the best movie since the first.

Really it’s a shame this wasn’t in theatres but hopefully with such a sharp improvement over the last film this will pull the numbers to get Disney to invest in the franchise.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Watched it tonight and it’s easily the best movie since the first.

Really it’s a shame this wasn’t in theatres but hopefully with such a sharp improvement over the last film this will pull the numbers to get Disney to invest in the franchise.
    ye was pretty good, just chucking predators into random time periods is the best thing they can do tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    ye was pretty good, just chucking predators into random time periods is the best thing they can do tbh.
    What we really need now is a future movie with the marines, really hoping this will set off a predator boom so we can see such a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A protagonist who learned from failure? Setups that paid off? It was like I was watching a real movie! \o/
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not terrible. Everything beats the previous on. I don't think it's better than 1. 2 was my first one so I can't diss it. I have to rewatch Predators. It's not bad though. I'm not mad that I watched it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'm surprised they didn't stick with the working title for this, but then again Yass Queen Slay! would've been kind of awkward. In the end I'm sure it still clears the very low bar set by pretty much every one of the sequels.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2022-08-06 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't stick with the working title for this, but then again "Yas Queen Slay" would've been kinda weird. In the end I'm sure it'll clear the very low bar set by pretty much every one of the sequels.
    ooof incel alert

Thought it was pretty bad. Protagonist constantly saved at just the nick of time (lion, the bear, guy on horse, hatchet to predators foot, French coming in at just the right time to capture her, her goddammit dog running up to make predators shot misfire) it was an endless series of close calls. Her being a female native I kept wondering when the group of nasty dirty white men would show up, didn't actually think they'd be portrayed as caricatures of nasty dirty white men, but they made them even more disgusting than the pirates from Pirates of the Caribbean, impressive. They even drooled and snarled when they spoke.

It's 5 oclock, bitch raping time.

But seriously this movie was actually a whole lot better than I was expecting it to be. That pistol seems to get around though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Thought it was pretty bad. Protagonist constantly saved at just the nick of time (lion, the bear, guy on horse, hatchet to predators foot, French coming in at just the right time to capture her, her goddammit dog running up to make predators shot misfire) it was an endless series of close calls. Her being a female native I kept wondering when the group of nasty dirty white men would show up, didn't actually think they'd be portrayed as caricatures of nasty dirty white men, but they made them even more disgusting than the pirates from Pirates of the Caribbean, impressive. They even drooled and snarled when they spoke.
    Gotta ask, when you have some one facing threats that out classes them in pretty much every possible way how exactly are you suppose to have the main character face any challenges before the end fight if they aren't being saved by various other forces and people?