Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monks and Warlocks For All Races - Just Unlock Them No Extra Work Required

I dream of a World (of Warcraft) without Race/Class restrictions and for that matter Faction restrictions.
    Where a gnome demon hunter can fight alongside a goblin evoker, and both can change classes in-game at will.

But until that day comes:

With the announcement of Priests, Mages and Rogues becoming race-wide,
    and the hinting mention of other classes maybe requiring some extra work to become race-wide,

there are still 2 left which have the potential to be unlocked for every race right now:

-Monk: Goblin, Worgen, and Lightforged Draenei
    could enjoy being monks theoretically right now, since all the animations and textures are already present in the game.

similarly

-Warlock: Draenei, Lightforged Draenei, Night Elf, Kul Tiran Human, Pandaren, Tauren, High Mountain Tauren, Mag'har Orcs and Zandalari Trolls -> (which are highly requested as is) could become warlocks this instant, since all textures and animations are once again in the game right now.

Other Classes, specifically: Paladin, Shaman, Druid, Demon Hunter (especially Demon Hunters as they would require a tremendous amount of player skins) would need much much more work to become race-wide,since they have widely differing racial-specific class textures, but Monks and Warlocks are still ready now.

When do you think they will announce race-wide Monks and warlocks? 10.1? 10.2? Next Expansion? I understand Blizzard wants to hold back monks and warlocks for marketing reasons, but honestly, 10.1 would be perfect for their announcement if not earlier.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On this topic - For the time being as this race-class specific texture work gets done:

Since Shaman and Paladin are traditionally Horde and Alliance classes respectively, there is a disparity of 8 shaman races on Horde and 4 shaman races on Alliance side. Not counting Pandaren since Pandaren shaman can choose to be Alliance or Horde.

Paladins are much fewer, and I propose to bring them on the same level as shaman, but invertedly: 8 Alliance paladin races and 4 Horde paladin races:

New Alliance Paladin Races: Night Elf, Void Elf, Kul Tiran

New Horde Paladin Race: Nightborne

I didn't include a Pandaren Paladin, since as discussed before, both Alliance and Horde side can potentially get their Shaman from a Pandaren.
    Last edited by Spritz Bergak; 2022-08-06 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking that they may be holding off on Warlocks due to customization for certain races (man'ari eredar for regular draenei but IDK how it would work for LF draenei, night elves with more corrupted looking skin (although they probably could get away with the lightly-mutated DH skins); green eyes for both of them as Blood Elves exhibit fel green eyes due to Fel exposure, so naturally draenei and night elven eyes would change colour too (again, exhibited in man'ari and DH's respectively)).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oKURWAmon View Post
    With the announcement of Priests, Mages and Rogues becoming race-wide,
    and the hinting mention of other classes maybe requiring some extra work to become race-wide,

there are still 2 left which have the potential to be unlocked for every race right now:

-Monk: Goblin, Worgen, and Lightforged Draenei
    could enjoy being monks theoretically right now, since all the animations and textures are already present in the game.

similarly

-Warlock: Draenei, Lightforged Draenei, Night Elf, Kul Tiran Human, Pandaren, Tauren, High Mountain Tauren, Mag'har Orcs and Zandalari Trolls -> (which are highly requested as is) could become warlocks this instant, since all textures and animations are once again in the game right now.

Other Classes, specifically: Paladin, Shaman, Druid, Demon Hunter (especially Demon Hunters as they would require a tremendous amount of player skins) would need much much more work to become race-wide, but Monks and Warlocks are still ready now.

When do you think they will announce race-wide Monks and warlocks? 10.1? 10.2? Next Expansion? I understand Blizzard wants to hold back monks and warlocks for marketing reasons, but honestly, 10.1 would be perfect for their announcement if not earlier.

On this topic:

Since Shaman and Paladin are traditionally Horde and Alliance classes respectively, there is a disparity of 8 shaman races on Horde and 4 shaman races on Alliance side. Not counting Pandaren since Pandaren shaman can choose to be Alliance or Horde.

Paladins are much fewer, and I propose to bring them on the same level as shaman, but invertedly: 8 Alliance paladin races and 4 Horde paladin races:

New Alliance Paladin Races: Night Elf, Void Elf, Kul Tiran

New Horde Paladin Race: Nightborne

I didn't include a Pandaren Paladin, since as discussed before, both Alliance and Horde side can potentially get their Shaman.
    I can maybe accept monks but they are not in the same category as warlocks, as warlocks demand more than just an unlock.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I can maybe accept monks but they are not in the same category as warlocks, as warlocks demand more than just an unlock.
    Why do you think that? Last time I checked warlocks had no race-specific textures whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think that? Last time I checked warlocks had no race-specific textures whatsoever.
    Tauren, and Draenei? Pretty sure what we've seen of all their kinds being a Warlock, they have race-specific designs.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Tauren, and Draenei? Pretty sure what we've seen of all their kinds being a Warlock, they have race-specific designs.
    No player race has race-specific warlock designs. Look it up in the game.

If you are referring to NPCs, sure they got touched up by Blizzard to look cool,
    but NONE of the current warlock player races have any extra designs whatsoever.

Hence no reason to have them on the new warlock races either.
    Sure they would be great regardless, but in no way are they a requirement, not like for paladins, shaman and druids
    Last edited by Spritz Bergak; 2022-08-06 at 10:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No player race has race-specific warlock designs. Look it up in the game.

If you are referring to NPCs, sure they got touched up by Blizzard to look cool,
    but NONE of the current warlock player races have any extra designs whatsoever.

Hence no reason to have them on the new warlock races either.
    Sure they would be great regardless, but in no way are they a requirement, not like for paladins, shaman and druids
    No, none of the current player races, nor do most the NPCs of the current player races except for the two things that are almost a direct connection to it. The only ones looking different the most from the player version is what.. Nightborne, Tauren, and Draenei? Not to mention, not all races should have all classes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    eventually it will happen. only a matter of time

No, none of the current player races, nor do most the NPCs of the current player races except for the two things that are almost a direct connection to it. The only ones looking different the most from the player version is what.. Nightborne, Tauren, and Draenei? Not to mention, not all races should have all classes.
    Regardless of what you may think, All races have the potential to be All classes, just as all races can choose to pursue any profession currently.
    There are no limitations - perceived or otherwise - which would prevent any race from being any class, as new lore can always be introduced, which acknowledges any race-class combination.

Whether or not NPCs look different is a moot point.

What matters is that they should be unlocked ASAP, as all textures are already present for players in the game and have been since their inception.

It goes without saying of course, the more customization options the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    eventually it will happen. only a matter of time
    I sure hope so!
    Last edited by Spritz Bergak; 2022-08-06 at 10:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of what you may think, All races have the potential to be All classes, just as all races can choose to pursue any profession currently.
    There are no limitations - perceived or otherwise - which would prevent any race from being any class, as new lore can always be introduced, which acknowledges any race-class combination.

Whether or not NPCs look different is a moot point.

What matters is that they should be unlocked ASAP, as all textures are already present for players in the game and have been since their inception.

It goes without saying of course, the more customization options the better.
    Giving Worgen/Night Elves Paladin makes more sense than Lightforged Draenei Warlocks. I don't believe all races should be able to be everything.

Giving Worgen/Night Elves Paladin makes more sense than Lightforged Draenei Warlocks. I don't believe all races should be able to be everything.
    Giving every option for everyone is not a matter of personal thoughts or preferences.

Whether you think a class combination fits together better or worse is irrelevant,
    as there are others who like that specific combination and can even give valid lore reasons as to why it could/should become available.

Hence every combination whether niche or mainstream, is just as good and justifiable as the other in the big picture.

Well, since "Lightforged" Draenei can become Death Knights I feel that all 'racial' logic is now gone.

I'm all for it! Free all classes to all races!

Unpopular opinion: They should revert it back to pre-cata era with class and race restrictions. I'm willing to sacrifice my troll druid in favor, because it's getting ridiculous.

Yes I do agree, monks should’ve been already included in the announcement.

As for warlocks, I think they holding it for the time being for lore reasons; they might want to add a specific quest line or starting zone etc.

If anything can be added, I would like to see BE Druids and Shamans

3+ Year Old Account
    Stop saying lore reasons prohibit Draenei from being Warlocks.

Lightforged Draenei Death Knights and Shadow Priests are gonna knock on your door if you do.

Warlocks are renegade mages, they are not welcome in any society. That's why for example the Warlocks in Stormwind hang out in an underground crypt, because nobody wants them around. Some Draenei could do the same, go against what their people hold to be true and good and become Warlocks. And no, Draenei Warlocks do not need a unique skin texture, because where is the unique skin texture for Human or Orc Warlocks? Fel corruption doesn't have to be overtly visible, just look at Archimonde and compare his looks to Kil'Jaeden.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-08-06 at 03:21 PM.

Why?
    They can just reduce these restrictions every xpack and present it as feature like they do every time.

Monks they could easily achieve. Just force Worgen and Goblin monks to use Exile's Reach

Warlocks, I agree they could unlock this for most. LFD might be problematic, if not just hideous aesthetically. Maghar Warlocks should not ever be a thing. Since they would literally cease being what makes them Maghar in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    Unpopular opinion: They should revert it back to pre-cata era with class and race restrictions. I'm willing to sacrifice my troll druid in favor, because it's getting ridiculous.
    I honestly don't know that's an unpopular opinion. I agree with it. Race/class restrictions added to the world building that was the baseline of the vanilla version of the game. While retail feels better for modern MMO pacing and have a lot of quality of life things, I found myself loving vanilla all over again through the classic experience and I found it did many things right the current game has done wrong. This is one of those things. I really wish there was a game that did a hybrid of what the two do well.

The whole any race can be any class thing is just taking flavor out of the game, you're asking them to break down established themes/aesthetics for no reason. Demon hunter does not thematically fit with a gnome/tauren, shaman does not thematically fit with an undead, etc. I don't ever want to see it in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    It's getting ridiculous because of posts like this, blizzard thinks majority want this when in fact it's mostly vocal minority with alot of stupid fantasy in their head