Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised you don't get WoW token ads
    Does such even exist? I'm being serious. For, I hardly see WoW ads anymore, nothing is blocked. I see two on Facebook, a Horde and Alliance one for returning heroes, nothing else. Nothing about extra sales, or even Dragonflight for the matter. It is a bit weird, almost worrisome that they don't make themselves more publicly visible, but then again after seeing how some of their competitors do it, I don't mind. I'm spammed by FFXIV and ESO ads to the point where I have to report them for being outright spam and block their pages (I don't play FFXIV anymore, and ESO has been a no-go for a long time).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Token is not going anywhere. It produces them 15 dollars every time someone buys one or sells one with no effort of their own. The only way token gets removed if there is a gold reset but that would make the whales mad.
    How does a player selling a token make them 15 dollars? Kinda makes your whole post null if you don't even understand how the token works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    How does a player selling a token make them 15 dollars? Kinda makes your whole post null if you don't even understand how the token works.
    Dunno, the user you commented on might have done the numbers?

5 dollar profit for generating a digital game currency, and 15 dollars to cover another player's game time. So, they earn an extra 5 dollars pr. token sold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Dunno, the user you commented on might have done the numbers?

5 dollar profit for generating a digital game currency, and 15 dollars to cover another player's game time. So, they earn an extra 5 dollars pr. token sold.
    That's a "bit" far-fetched considering he said It produces them 15 dollars every time someone buys or sells a token, but nice try.

It only produces them dollars when someone buys the token from their shop, period.
    Last edited by facefist; 2022-08-06 at 09:24 AM.

Does such even exist? I'm being serious. For, I hardly see WoW ads anymore, nothing is blocked. I see two on Facebook, a Horde and Alliance one for returning heroes, nothing else. Nothing about extra sales, or even Dragonflight for the matter. It is a bit weird, almost worrisome that they don't make themselves more publicly visible, but then again after seeing how some of their competitors do it, I don't mind. I'm spammed by FFXIV and ESO ads to the point where I have to report them for being outright spam and block their pages (I don't play FFXIV anymore, and ESO has been a no-go for a long time).
    God those WoW facebook ads they are so bad I thought it was one of those copy-paste mobile ads using stolen graphics initially :'D

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a "bit" far-fetched considering he said It produces them 15 dollars every time someone buys or sells a token, but nice try.

It only produces them dollars when someone buys the token from their shop, period.
    What? "Nice try"?

1 token = 20 dollars.
    1 token = 1 month game time + 300k gold (If EU, I +/- 25k).
    1 month game time = 15 dollars.
    300k digital generated currency = 5 dollars.

1 player = 15 dollars
    1 player with 300k gold = 0 dollars from that player
    1 player with 20 dollars = 5 dollars from that player, and 15 dollars to a player with 300k gold.

1 token = 20 dollar B.net currency as well.

Every time a token is purchased, they earn 20 dollars, 5 extra from the one buying it to convert for gold, and 15 covering the one buying it for gold.

In the budget of players and sellers, Blizzard earns 5 dollars extra for offering you a safe digital trade of an online currency. And you, the player, pay 15 dollars to another player for 300k gold (If EU, I +/- 25k), so, 0,00005 dollars pr. gold which is then used to buy game time or b.net digital currency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    God those WoW facebook ads they are so bad I thought it was one of those copy-paste mobile ads using stolen graphics initially :'D
    I miss the old WoW ads, now it is just ESO and FFXIV ads that look like something from a mobile game.

What? "Nice try"?

1 token = 20 dollars.
    1 token = 1 month game time + 300k gold (If EU, I +/- 25k).
    1 month game time = 15 dollars.
    300k digital generated currency = 5 dollars.

1 player = 15 dollars
    1 player with 300k gold = 0 dollars from that player
    1 player with 20 dollars = 5 dollars from that player, and 15 dollars to a player with 300k gold.

1 token = 20 dollar B.net currency as well.

Every time a token is purchased, they earn 20 dollars, 5 extra from the one buying it to convert for gold, and 15 covering the one buying it for gold.

In the budget of players and sellers, Blizzard earns 5 dollars extra for offering you a safe digital trade of an online currency. And you, the player, pay 15 dollars to another player for 300k gold (If EU, I +/- 25k), so, 0,00005 dollars pr. gold which is then used to buy game time or b.net digital currency.
    Nice try as in posting something that isn't in any way relevant for the post I made. My critic was towards him saying that someone selling the token generates dollars, which de facto does not. Your long post about how token is 5$ more than a sub has nothing to do with that.

I mean even in your long explanation you don't mention a single time that someone selling the token generates dollars. Do you understand now? Your not wrong, your just taking about a different thing without understanding the whole point.

And by the way, the 5$ is not for generating the 300k currency, but for the convenient trade of it from one player to another. The 300k is already generated by the time of transaction.
    Last edited by facefist; 2022-08-06 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice try as in posting something that isn't in any way relevant for the post I made. My critic was towards him saying that someone selling the token generates dollars, which de facto does not. Your long post about how token is 5$ more than a sub has nothing to do with that.

I mean even in your long explanation you don't mention a single time that someone selling the token generates dollars. Do you understand now? Your not wrong, your just taking about a different thing without understanding the whole point.
    Ugh.. I may have misread, to a point of including "buy orsell". There is no "nice try" in it. Yeah, no, the token sale earns them the coin, there's no further on that except where the numbers fall once claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    It’s weird that you use the word “delusional” and then try to teach me what ODR is because that’s the discord own rules. Discord itself says go to ODR, not me. Oh and it says it’s in addition to any other legal action in national courts where of course the damages sought are not in relation to gaming but in relation to actual monetary damages.

Also you should probably come to understand but breach of rights is a breach regardless of what the right was being used for. Since there is not a single word in Discord ToS regarding “boosting” and as such it is a service being provided that doesn’t fall under any scope, it is pretty clear that discord used the wrong explanation to fix the issue at hand thus putting themselves in danger of being appealed for wrongful behavior.

If you read me more carefully you would have understood that the argument I made was very simple: Since you can do as you please say that you do as you please don’t say you punish someone for something they clearly didn’t do.

- - - Updated - - -

What an educated response. I find it sad and pathetic that you get so aggravated when you clearly didn’t even bother to read. But hey at least you got that out of your system you seem pretty desperate to offend someone.

P.S. It’s funny how you say “discord can’t be sued” when discord throws 2 pages of all legal actions that can be taken in relation to claims against discord. Even funnier that you think that somehow anything internet based is exempt from the laws that apply.

- - - Updated - - -

Life is full of laws doing exactly that.

- - - Updated - - -

They did not ban boosting, they banned large scale boosting under suspicion of RMT. If they were sure that the discord large scale boosting was using tokens they would have left it be. That’s the level of blizzard hypocrisy we are talking about.
    “Wrongful behavior” on what grounds? You need to have a right to use the service in the first place in order for there to be wrongful behavior. For example, it is illegal in many countries to refuse service on the basis of race. We can point to those laws. What law are you talking about that says Discord is not allowed to consider boosting to be cheating?

Tell us the law and stop rambling incoherently about “rights” that you have yet to prove even exist.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all kindly quote the point you want to discuss it’s very tiresome to quote an entire post to just discuss five words.

Second, why the angry tone?

Third and most important quoted from EU Commission: “ Under EU law, standard contract terms used by traders have to be fair. This doesn't change if they're called "terms and conditions" or are part of a detailed contract that you actually have to sign. The contract is not allowed to create an imbalance between your rights and obligations as a consumer and the rights and obligations of sellers and suppliers.

Contract terms must be drafted in plain, understandable language. Any ambiguities will be interpreted in your favour.”.

The law is there it’s just that people are so uneducated they will prefer to listen to random opinions instead of pursuing heir legal rights.

I am not stating opinion just pointing to what the law says. Please don’t bother me with further opinions or questions if you still don’t understand it’s your problem not mine.
    You're quoting the trader/consumer version of physical and online businesses, not digital services.

Update: Pardon me. I have the long version, not the easy one. Almost the same, just a few differences. Though, it is not counted as "unfair terms" to write in that a company reserves all rights to cancel digital services.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-08-06 at 12:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did not ban boosting, they banned large scale boosting under suspicion of RMT. If they were sure that the discord large scale boosting was using tokens they would have left it be. That’s the level of blizzard hypocrisy we are talking about.
    I know. I said "if all boosting becomes bannable". It should be bannable and token should be removed. But ofc that's not gonna happen.

First of all kindly quote the point you want to discuss it’s very tiresome to quote an entire post to just discuss five words.

Second, why the angry tone?

Third and most important quoted from EU Commission: “ Under EU law, standard contract terms used by traders have to be fair. This doesn't change if they're called "terms and conditions" or are part of a detailed contract that you actually have to sign. The contract is not allowed to create an imbalance between your rights and obligations as a consumer and the rights and obligations of sellers and suppliers.

Contract terms must be drafted in plain, understandable language. Any ambiguities will be interpreted in your favour.”.

The law is there it’s just that people are so uneducated they will prefer to listen to random opinions instead of pursuing heir legal rights.

I am not stating opinion just pointing to what the law says. Please don’t bother me with further opinions or questions if you still don’t understand it’s your problem not mine.
    The TOS says you can’t cheat. Violating the rules of a game is cheating. This isn’t very complicated.

Where you came to believe that any country has a right to cheat on video games is beyond me.
    -ynnady

What an educated response. I find it sad and pathetic that you get so aggravated when you clearly didn’t even bother to read. But hey at least you got that out of your system you seem pretty desperate to offend someone.

P.S. It’s funny how you say “discord can’t be sued” when discord throws 2 pages of all legal actions that can be taken in relation to claims against discord. Even funnier that you think that somehow anything internet based is exempt from the laws that apply.
    Discord can be sued. The clear inference is that they can't be sued successfully.

For example; if you're in America, you functionally cannot sue Discord for closing down a server, ever. If you're in Europe, you possibly can, but they probably don't give much of a shit.

I find it sad and pathetic that you believe I was speaking in aggravation, when I was typing while laughing at you. Think "you're on crack" with a smirk, not "you're on crack" with a frown. It speaks to your state of mind that that's your assumption, though. Big user of the services, were you? That's a shame.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-08-06 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I literally pointed out that what is needed is a fun experience and not rewards. Did you even read that "lot of words" or just jump into kneejerk mode by habit?
    ...what if players find vertical progression fun? Fuck their experience because boosting exists and those darned Mythic raiders hate fun anyway, right? Or were you just vaguely handwaving some universal definition of fun in a video game, saying nothing at all and pretending like WoW's gear progression system which has operated just fine for two decades is suddenly a problem because a bunch of buttmad Redditors are upset their $15/mo doesn't come with a full set of Mythic gear?
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-08-06 at 01:56 PM.

They just need to move from discord to some other voice chat like guilded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I don't see why Discord would bother enforcing another company's ToS... seems like it opens them up for liability that you'd think they would want to shy away from. It's far more likely, imo, that these are automated bans that will get turned over once an actual human being looks at them.
    lol open them to liability from what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    It is already supported by blizzard? it has been for 8 years, it's called WoW tokens

They knew what they were doing, what else would people spend gold on
    People spending gold was never the problem, and the tokens didn't create any problem regarding this subject. If you keep to the rules of the game, buying tokens or selling boosts with gold doesn't earn you IRL money, the money you can make from buying tokens with gold is virtual money limited to be used inside Battle net.

These boosting communities aren't accumulating virtual money, they're then breaking the rules by exchanging that virtual money for real money outside of the battle net, that is the part that is against the rules and creates the problem.
    Last edited by m4xc4v413r4; 2022-08-06 at 01:45 PM.

Please remind me the jurisdiction of Discord on a blizzard game again? Oh wait there is none.

In fact any action would be Discord clients vs Discord. And I have yet to see the “cheating” anyway.

As I said before: If Discord said “we detected RMT against our policies/rules” that would be acceptable. Since they don’t have such rules their excuse for banning is inadequate.

As I said before, I don’t expect you to understand something so delicate. And it’s ok. But please give it up
    They say they don't allow cheating. The definition of cheating is violating the rules of the game. Boosting violates the rules of the game.

This is basic logic stuff here.

- - - Updated - - -

- in most legal systems if you indict someone for the wrong offense they get acquitted even if they are guilty of a crime since the indictment wasn’t accurate
    This. Isn't. A. Court. Of. Law.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    They say they don't allow cheating. The definition of cheating is violating the rules of the game. Boosting violates the rules of the game.

This is basic logic stuff here.
    I mean it technically doesn't and is even rather common the idea of getting an old banned raider back into raiding asap requires a few carries or even recruiting a new player.

I get what you mean but just flat out say you want paid boosting banned rather then play with words.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I mean it technically doesn't and is even rather common the idea of getting an old banned raider back into raiding asap requires a few carries or even recruiting a new player.

I get what you mean but just flat out say you want paid boosting banned rather then play with words.
    The ToS explicitly bans cheating. What does "cheat" mean?

to violate rules dishonestly
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cheat

To violate rules deliberately, as in a game
    https://www.thefreedictionary.com/cheat

to violate rules or regulations
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/cheat

to break a rule or law usually to gain an advantage at something
    https://www.britannica.com/dictionary/cheat

This is very, very, very simple.
    -ynnady

I don’t know why I’m being so misunderstood but one more time in bullet points:

- I agree with the action taken (and that’s that)

- the reason given for the action taken is wrong

- in most legal systems if you indict someone for the wrong offense they get acquitted even if they are guilty of a crime since the indictment wasn’t accurate

- in sort what I’m saying is: Ban them, say you did it because you can based on your clause, don’t allow for any connection with blizzard and blizzard ToS.

That’s all I ever said but as usual some people went apeshit and started shit even saying I’m mad because I was getting boosted.
    I haven't bothered to read Discord's ToS but like every other thing ever I assume the wording allows Discord to close down a server for any and all reasons or lack of reasons, simply because they feel like it.
    Same way that Blizzard doesn't actually need a reason to ban you. They can deny you service at any time without having to explain themselves.

Discord felt these servers breached their ToS, that is all the reason, and more, that they need to shut them down.

This is all perfectly normal and applies to basically everything.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death