There don't seem to be covenant armor sets for the new renowns, the only ones that match are the dungeon sets (Tuskarr is leather, Centaur is Mail)

If we aren't getting a lot of armor at launch like Shadowlands (dungeon, questing, 4x4 covenant sets, raid) maybe we are going to get heritage this expansion to balance out? They had to pump 16 sets for the covenants but they have more free time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    It's going to have great transmog potential!

That armor just screams "git gud".
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I don't think that's a vizier, it has no holes.

It's just a solid metal plate.
    Would have to see it from the top but as from the looks of it you would put it down and it would look something like this, covering the face but leaving a gap for the eyes.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There don't seem to be covenant armor sets for the new renowns, the only ones that match are the dungeon sets (Tuskarr is leather, Centaur is Mail)

If we aren't getting a lot of armor at launch like Shadowlands (dungeon, questing, 4x4 covenant sets, raid) maybe we are going to get heritage this expansion to balance out? They had to pump 16 sets for the covenants but they have more free time now.
    The renowns are just reputations. The rewardsareliäke usual reputation rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Would have to see it from the top but as from the looks of it you would put it down and it would look something like this, covering the face but leaving a gap for the eyes.

There's a sort of diamond shape to to the visor, so perhaps that's meant to be where you'd see from. A bit like this,

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    FF14's strength lies in the writing and dialogue. The overarching story on paper isn't that amazing (though it's still pretty good). The execution is just leaps and bounds better than WoW (and most games).
    I dunno, having watched a bunch of cutscenes FF14 isn't very impressive. Maybe because I don't play very many JRPGs so the usual tropes such as overly cutesy critters, people looking like teenagers, anime grunts and endless ellipses just grate me but it didn't feel any better than the average WoW cutscenes (which definitely have their own idiosyncrasies, such as overdramatizing everything and having characters. speak. very. slowly. and. pointedly.).

Then again the only MMO story I found legitimately good was the Agent's story in SWTOR.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I remember when the gaming community wanted games to be more than cutscenes and quick time events. I've no idea why we think cutscenes are something to strive for.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's a sort of diamond shape to to the visor, so perhaps that's meant to be where you'd see from. A bit like this,
    It's not a visor though.

Nor does that edit make any sense.
    The thing is attached to the plating at the back and connected rather high up.
    Unless the beak is actually just floating there and can be detached, it wouldn't look like in your edit.

If you pull it down from where it's attached would look like this:

With your face squished in.

Even if you rotate it with a different anchor point, you'll just get another detached beak:

And in every case, you won't be able to see through that thing.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I remember when the gaming community wanted games to be more than cutscenes and quick time events. I've no idea why we think cutscenes are something to strive for.
    Cutscenes are a far cry to stupid quick time events.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That "visor" sure won't let you see any dragons flying overhead.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

https://i.imgur.com/AygrwJM.png
    Ya this is what I expect it’s suppose to look like in practical use but wow just doesn’t have helm toggles to lower bits so they are always up.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

To be fair, analysing the practicality of armor in WoW is one heck of a rabbit hole. Admittedly leveling gear is usually supposed to be more simple and practical but I just think the mail helm is supposed to have a raised visor and whoever modeled it didn't care much about having it make sense.

Everyone bows down to the plate master race which gets the best looking stuff yet again anyway.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That "visor" sure won't let you see any dragons flying overhead.
    But it will protect the wearer from any dragon "bombardment", which may be the case. :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    But it will protect the wearer from any dragon "bombardment", which may be the case. :v
    Oh god can you imagine? Flocks of reptilian pigeons! I'll need to pack an umbrella.

glad i havent preordered. the expansion doesnt look good at all
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    glad i havent preordered. the expansion doesnt look good at all
    Why do you think that then?

Personally I think it looks amazing given the flying revamp, talent tree revamp, and a return to tier sets and bonuses.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    People won't enjoy dragonriding, yes certainly it's fast, "innovative" (for wow anyway), but there is a certain lack of freedom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    People won't enjoy dragonriding, yes certainly it's fast, "innovative" (for wow anyway), but there is a certain lack of freedom
    Riiiight sure.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

People asked for tier back. The consequence of having to make 13 class sets per tier (+13 PvP sets) is you're not going to get the number of sets elsewhere that we got in BfA and SL.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-08-06 at 10:45 PM.