Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    It's not really the characters' fault per say.

It's that Blizzard focused so much time into Varian, Jaina, Anduin etc - that now, the others have been totally neglected.
    Due to the success of WoTLK with Varian and Jaina's involvement, I'd say this could have been the start of things going downhill for the Alliance narrative.

Even though the players are screaming "enough with the Humans" the writers are just not listening. To me, it's like they see WoTLK as a success and the characters involved in that as a success, that they think every expansion, narrative-wise will be a success because of them.

Now this doesn't just apply to the Alliance as we've suffered Sylvanas for the past 2 expansions and she was a big character in WoTLK as well.
    Exact. Varian was written taking things away from the other races. Due to the lack of capacity of the writers.

I still remember when Malfurion says that he is happy because Varian will be there to take care of his race when he dies....

Anduin and his children will die before Malfurion.

Just as the Alliance is 80% human and Kaldorei doesn't help Blizzard change either.
    Perhaps all you have to do is try those two races and give up on the others.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

I mean seriously 15 humans 11 Kaldorei. 14 the other four races together.
    Last edited by geco; 2022-08-05 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Or is that another problem. But you're right that most Alliance PCs just aren't cut out for a good story anymore.

And as our friend points out. Of the two important races of the Alliance. It really is only one.
    Humans.

The Kaldorei are a W3 story that Blizzar consciously doesn't want to tell.

Conclusion according to me. The Alliance is a single race, with all the interesting conflicts removed and all of its characters are boring and repetitive.

I see 3 problems to solve XD
    Stories are meant to end and then new ones start, despite such an impactful introduction and back story, with 3 novels in the bag, little to nothing was done.

And they were a very very popular race, they just ignored...I suspect because they were alliance and they didnt want the alliance more popular, so ditched them larger

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Stories are meant to end and then new ones start.
    Not in WoW. In WoW the stories are canceled and they take away your desire to start a new one.

Personally, I'm tired for my bad. I'm not interested in reading the next one until the Kaldorei revenge story is finished.

Not in WoW. In WoW the stories are canceled and they take away your desire to start a new one.

Personally, I'm tired for my bad. I'm not interested in reading the next one until the Kaldorei revenge story is finished.
    A story which could have ended in Shadowlands, with the night elf home being fully established on Hyjal.

Alliance players do that.
    Horde players go back to Lordaeron.

Both quests unlock the Darkfallen skin with Delaryn returning to the Alliance and being welcomed back by Tyrande. Her undeath though, will forever remain.

A story which could have ended in Shadowlands, with the night elf home being fully established on Hyjal.

Alliance players do that.
    Horde players go back to Lordaeron.

Both quests unlock the Darkfallen skin with Delaryn returning to the Alliance and being welcomed back by Tyrande. Her undeath though, will forever remain.
    @geco WotA trilogy - The Sundering was the end of one story for the kaldorei
    Wc3 was the end of another story (think of it like Stsr Wars, this race is introduced to you in the middle , then the prequels are released I the War of the Ancie ts trilogy
    WoW - then starts the story of the sequel - which is the main story that continues it's a rolling story even though a genocide happens in war of thorns, we wre still in the same age..

However you could conclude Legion ends a story
    War of Thorns begins a new one for the kaldorei as part of this new age.

The hope is that it will end up being the best age of the kaldorei, combining the best of the pre sundering and the best of the long vigil era as characterising the best of the dark elf fantasy and the best of the forest elf fantasy that the night elves are created to be, but which the players havent fully experienced.

They've experienced the kaldorei fall 3 times, but never experienced them rise.

Well, we have seen the humans rise, the orcs rise, the blood elves rise, the tauren too, the dwarves, the darkspears - many races that had experience falls have been rising in wow, some with knockbacks. Even the gnomes have progressed.

So let's hope the night elves get something remarkable, no, several remarkable thing. Let each expansion bring growth and increase where we see them have positive and exciting developments enough to surpass the devastating losses theyve given to the fans since the1st invasion of the Legion
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-08-05 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    So let's hope the night elves get something remarkable, no, several remarkable thing. Let each expansion bring growth and increase where we see them have positive and exciting developments enough to surpass the devastating losses theyve given to the fans since the1st invasion of the Legion
    I hope that come 11.0, it's a total Azeroth (Kalimdor + Eastern Kingdoms update) for all races.

Night Elf fans have the new night elf home.
    Blood Elf fans have the long awaited, Quel'Thalas update
    Draenei fans have the long awaited, Azuremyst Isles update
    Forsaken fans have Lordaeron updated.

We of course get more updated for Humans, Dwarves, Orcs, Tauren etc.

Further racial developments like Draenei/Lightforged, Night Elf/Void Elf, Blood Elf/Darkfallen/Nightborne, Forsaken/Darkfallen Elves involved in the new starter zones for the races.

Example: The Sin'dorei sanctums channel the leyline energy across Quel'Thalas - if the Blood Elves were to lose the Sunwell to the Void and have it replaced by a large Arcane/Blood Crystal, Arcanist Valtrois could be a lead character in channeling the leyline energy throughout Eversong and the Sanctums - connecting it to the new source of power, in place of the permanently lost Sunwell. A small group of Shal'dorei leyline warpcasters are on-hand to help Rommath, Aethas and the Magisters.
    To the South - the Farstriders could be working with the Thalassian Dark Rangers in dealing with a rising Amani threat, that has resurfaced. The Zandalari have kicked the Amani out of their lands due to hostility and they have returned in greater numbers, led by an evil High Priestess of the Amani, who channels dark void-like powers.

The player could actually start in the South and they work their way up through Quel'Thalas. The South contains a lot of Farstrider based lore, whilst the North contains a lot of the Magister based lore. The Blood Knights could make a final stand on Quel'Danas, but they ultimately fail in their quest to protect the Sunwell.

Example 2: The Scarlet Crusade is on the rise and with it, both the Deathguard and the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow are called into action. High Priest Sarvonis is in communication with Natalie Seline, who helps the Forsaken player rid Lordaeron of the Light-blinded fools. Lillian Voss is also on-hand who leads the Deathguard in assaulting the Scarlet Point in West Tirisfal, driving the Crusaders to the coast...the general hope is that they find watery graves and nothing more.
    Meanwhile, Scourge still populates the land and the Horde Darkfallen Kaldorei, along with Belmont and his Forsaken Rogues go to Silverpine to deal with the uprising threat. A Human Necromancer, trying to rebuild the Cult of the Damned, has taken up residence on Fenris Isle, killing the Alliance locals and raising any he could into mindless ghouls and zombies. Due to the Kaldorei's stealthiness abilities in the forest and Belmont knowing this land - the group are successful and Northern Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken and to the Horde. We also get to see more of Belmont's past, whilst he was living man.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2022-08-05 at 10:34 PM.

I hope that come 11.0, it's a total Azeroth (Kalimdor + Eastern Kingdoms update) for all races.

Night Elf fans have the new night elf home.
    Blood Elf fans have the long awaited, Quel'Thalas update
    Draenei fans have the long awaited, Azuremyst Isles update
    Forsaken fans have Lordaeron updated.

We of course get more updated for Humans, Dwarves, Orcs, Tauren etc.

Further racial developments like Draenei/Lightforged, Night Elf/Void Elf, Blood Elf/Darkfallen/Nightborne, Forsaken/Darkfallen Elves involved in the new starter zones for the races.

Example: The Sin'dorei sanctums channel the leyline energy across Quel'Thalas - if the Blood Elves were to lose the Sunwell to the Void and have it replaced by a large Arcane/Blood Crystal, Arcanist Valtrois could be a lead character in channeling the leyline energy throughout Eversong and the Sanctums - connecting it to the new source of power, in place of the permanently lost Sunwell. A small group of Shal'dorei leyline warpcasters are on-hand to help Rommath, Aethas and the Magisters.
    To the South - the Farstriders could be working with the Thalassian Dark Rangers in dealing with a rising Amani threat, that has resurfaced. The Zandalari have kicked the Amani out of their lands due to hostility and they have returned in greater numbers, led by an evil High Priestess of the Amani, who channels dark void-like powers.

The player could actually start in the South and they work their way up through Quel'Thalas. The South contains a lot of Farstrider based lore, whilst the North contains a lot of the Magister based lore. The Blood Knights could make a final stand on Quel'Danas, but they ultimately fail in their quest to protect the Sunwell.

Example 2: The Scarlet Crusade is on the rise and with it, both the Deathguard and the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow are called into action. High Priest Sarvonis is in communication with Natalie Seline, who helps the Forsaken player rid Lordaeron of the Light-blinded fools. Lillian Voss is also on-hand who leads the Deathguard in assaulting the Scarlet Point in West Tirisfal, driving the Crusaders to the coast...the general hope is that they find watery graves and nothing more.
    Meanwhile, Scourge still populates the land and the Horde Darkfallen Kaldorei, along with Belmont and his Forsaken Rogues go to Silverpine to deal with the uprising threat. A Human Necromancer, trying to rebuild the Cult of the Damned, has taken up residence on Fenris Isle, killing the Alliance locals and raising any he could into mindless ghouls and zombies. Due to the Kaldorei's stealthiness abilities in the forest and Belmont knowing this land - the group are successful and Northern Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken and to the Horde. We also get to see more of Belmont's past, whilst he was living man.
    I have the hope of the same but I would divide it into two expansions.
    Because I don't think Blizzar is capable of serving so many races at once.

He would say one from Eastern Kingdoms and one from Kalimndor.

I will delete my horde if they give nelf female diverse moustache options.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry if this was mentioned, I did not have to time to read every single comment, but I would think the best way to make the alliance interesting would be able to remove the horde and alliance from the game and just have the battle be Azeroth vs Azeroth invaders.
    -----Marzix-----
    ---Hellscream---

When Blizzard introduced Worgen in Cata it stirred a noticeable amount of interest in the Alliance. At the time, players said they liked the viciousness of the Worgen. Maybe a new race that isn't so neat, clean and pretty might help the alliance in numbers, it did once before.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marzix View Post
    I'm sorry if this was mentioned, I did not have to time to read every single comment, but I would think the best way to make the alliance interesting would be able to remove the horde and alliance from the game and just have the battle be Azeroth vs Azeroth invaders.
    I couldn’t agree more to that. There has always been an Alliance and Horde killing each other and wasting resources, and some greater threat that is taking advantage of that. Not to mention this is what happened in the Shadowlands, where so many souls fueled the Maw and powered up the Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    When Blizzard introduced Worgen in Cata it stirred a noticeable amount of interest in the Alliance. At the time, players said they liked the viciousness of the Worgen. Maybe a new race that isn't so neat, clean and pretty might help the alliance in numbers, it did once before.
    When a large chunk of supposed "Worgen" lore is them being in their Human forms, then "Houston, we have a problem."

The Alliance has plenty of races that can fill "viciousness" in many forms. Races like Void Elves, Dark Irons, Worgen, Warden Night Elves - Blizzard needs to showcase them and stop listening to the crowd of people who say "tHe aLlIaNcE wOuLdN't AcT lIkE tHaT."

- - - Updated - - -

I have the hope of the same but I would divide it into two expansions.
    Because I don't think Blizzar is capable of serving so many races at once.

He would say one from Eastern Kingdoms and one from Kalimndor.
    Either that or they focus on the 4 key races I listed above.

Night Elves and Forsaken lost their homes and are now starting to return and rebuild.
    Blood Elves and Draenei are still stuck in their TBC zones and need updating.

I reckon they could do all of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms because they are aware that people do want to see a revamp.

Night Elves and Forsaken lost their homes and are now starting to return and rebuild.

I reckon they could do all of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms because they are aware that people do want to see a revamp.
    I think this updates hang on a really thin hope after they do the new starting zone: Exile's Reach.
    Blizz more then happy with it, so it will delay more the racial starting zone and area updates.
    Last edited by Loreth88; 2022-08-06 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Similar to what happened with Tyrande Night Warrior.
    But Blizzard has a tendency to dismiss alliance stuff that's interesting and isn't Anduin. As much as Alliance fans are willing to darker stories.

If they were those four, they would be two super disconnected stories. But maybe two super disconnected stories will be something both factions need.

That if poor Dwarves and Taurens.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    I think this updates hang on a really thin hope after they do the new starting zone: Exile's Reach.
    Blizz more then happy with it, so it will delay more the racial starting zone and area updates.
    And as the community I don't dedicate any fan-Art or any positive comment. Blizzard is going to assume he got it right.

Similar to what happened with Tyrande Night Warrior.
    But Blizzard has a tendency to dismiss alliance stuff that's interesting and isn't Anduin.

And as the community I don't dedicate any fan-Art or any positive comment. Blizzard is going to assume he got it right.
    Hope we will not see Anduin for a long time, he is a dog.
    After what happened in bfa he have a speech on Saurfang funeral. What about his faction and the many life losses?

We can just hope Blizz really listen the community and not some marketing employees pick up some long waited system or lore directions what is easy to make and still not cost to much money

If they were those four, they would be two super disconnected stories. But maybe two super disconnected stories will be something both factions need.

That if poor Dwarves and Taurens.
    Super disconnected is probably what we need right now.
    Unless it's a void lords story - where Blood Elves and Draenei could be about fighting the Void.

Blood Elves could win the battle, but lose the war with losing the Sunwell.
    Draenei could win both the battle and the war, by defending Azuremyst...perhaps remnants of Old God infestation from Teldrassil have found their way to Azuremyst and the Draenei.

Night Elves and Forsaken would obviously be different as we're seeing them settle back in their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Hope we will not see Anduin for a long time, he is a dog.
    After what happened in bfa he have a speech on Saurfang funeral. What about his faction and the many life losses?

We can just hope Blizz really listen the community and not some marketing employees pick up some long waited system or lore directions what is easy to make and still not cost to much money
    Flying Spaghetti Monster hear our prayers.

Super disconnected is probably what we need right now.
    Unless it's a void lords story - where Blood Elves and Draenei could be about fighting the Void.

Blood Elves could win the battle, but lose the war with losing the Sunwell.
    Draenei could win both the battle and the war, by defending Azuremyst...perhaps remnants of Old God infestation from Teldrassil have found their way to Azuremyst and the Draenei.

Night Elves and Forsaken would obviously be different as we're seeing them settle back in their homes.
    Dranei could have a plot against the shadows. Since both have crisis of faith. Perhaps in the process we explore how the shadows are used well with Maiev and how they are used badly with this... bad guy on duty.

It would also be a good time for Akama to come and lend a hand to both races.

They simply need to make the Alliance do something other than simply reacting the the Horde and bigbads.

What is the alliances motivations?
    are they building or rebuilding lost lands?
    Are they make sure they're people are protected so bad things stop happening to them>
    Do they keep an eye on the Horde to make sure they aren't upto no good?
    Are they looking to capture Horde war crimnals and bring them to Justice?
    Are they securing new Alliances with other races and people?

Honestly the Alliance has lost all its personality since Legion and there doesn't seem to be any intention on bringing it back. The Day they actually remove Anduin from the Alliance completely is the day I see hope the Alliance will improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angrywithmygod View Post
    The Day they actually remove Anduin from the Alliance completely is the day I see hope the Alliance will improve.
    Andiun, like Sylvanas will be MIA from Dragonflight from how it looks so you kinda get your wish.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Make them able to play with horde. That'll make them a lot more appealing in a second.