Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Who expected a "serious" game? You? Pretty general statement with no credibility without any data.

This style of game has proven to be huge money makers, why would blizzard create some niche warcraft rpg that only warcraft fans will play.

When they can create a game like this and reach 100000x more players as it's just a warcraft skin basically. You don't know how business's work and that's ok, but please stfu with your drivel and leave it to the actual makera of the game that have more analysts than you have active brain cells.
    So why would you play Clash Royale with cheap Warcraft skin instead of acrual Clash Royale?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So why would you play Clash Royale with cheap Warcraft skin instead of acrual Clash Royale?
    Why would I play Clash Royale when I can play Clash Royale in an IP I'm actually interested in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Who expected a "serious" game? You? Pretty general statement with no credibility without any data.

This style of game has proven to be huge money makers, why would blizzard create some niche warcraft rpg that only warcraft fans will play.

When they can create a game like this and reach 100000x more players as it's just a warcraft skin basically. You don't know how business's work and that's ok, but please stfu with your drivel and leave it to the actual makera of the game that have more analysts than you have active brain cells.
    Okay dude, didn't want to hurt your feelings, I think Internet might not be a good place for you to go, you're a bit fragile if me criticizing something about a billion-dollar company who don't give a crap about you puts you in this state.

You don't care about my point of view, that's cool and dandy, I don't care about yours either.

And as a player, I don't care if something is profitable if it sucks. I don't care because I will not be earning money on that. They could make 3 billion dollars a day with this, I'll never see a dime of that. You neither, so stop being so defensive.

Apologies if I prefer good games over good money-making games.

And as @Lahis said, if your game is just a knock-off of another one, why would you even play it ? Just play the original. Especially if you're the kind of guy who has already paid money for CoC, why throw all that to the bin just because a reskin is out ?

But anyway, don't waste time replying, you'll be on ignore by then. Find another hobby rather than being angry at anyone because they dared criticizing your favorite company (who, once again, doesn't give a shit about you. You're just a number to them, get over it).

Edit: Ah, and I wasn't aware we need to provide "credibility" and "data" when we expose personal opinions. But okay, you've proven to be a drama-queen anyway, I don't care.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    LFM raid guild must have founders pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I want to say there are no templates that make touch controls anything but awful. It's unfortunate, but there just hasn't been a way discovered yet imo. Touch control only options are just terrible, and probably a giant reason mobile games are low effort/bad on average.

There are plenty of solutions, but none that would likely ever be adopted by casual mobile gamers. Instead, the games themselves have to change to adhere to the terrible touch screen controls. No solution has yet presented itself. There are cheap, small, light, excellent wrap around controllers, but they will never be adopted en masse. They don't solve the problem. I love turn based games, so at least those still work well, but yeah, overall ergonomics of gaming on a cell phone are pure garbage that of course would be panned as a primary play method on any other gaming platform. We accept these negatives out of necessity and convenience. We already have the hardware, might as well figure out a way to turn it into a terrible video game platform, because a terrible video game platform is WAY better than none at all.

Another example, movies/tv is of course absolutely atrocious on a cell phone compared to most other options(cinema being the premium for most folks). I'd also guess the number of hours per day watched on a cell phone is staggering. We take what we can get.
    Dunno. Using mobile controls takes some getting used to, but they can be pretty good. Sure it can't be as complex as proper controller, but there is still room for much more mechanically complex gameplay than Drag Shit Down With Thumb And Watch It Play Itself.

Here is a mobile mmorpg that looks exactly like wow. They could have made a lot of things with their budget and teams but they are making a clash clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Testiculos View Post
    They could have made a lot of things with their budget and teams but they are making a clash clone.
    The budget was few shoestrings because Clash Clone is cheap to make and has beennproven to make lot of cash. Whynput more effort in for a mobile game when the ROI will be lower?

Quote Originally Posted by extractmobile View Post
    They're many years too late.
    Blizzard usually is.
    Diablo was one of their only truely unique IPs, i think?

Everything else is copied.

But, the thing is - they do their copying very well, and most of their fans will eat anything.
    I can see the mobile game doing very well, even if a lot of us dont care about it and are verbally against it.

Here is a mobile mmorpg that looks exactly like wow. They could have made a lot of things with their budget and teams but they are making a clash clone.
    Would anyone really want to play a mobile wow at this point though?
    Even if blizzard made it,.

Because it's not Clash. It's a PVE game with light monetization. Unlike Clash.

Because Clash requires you to spend a fortune to feel emotions remotely similar to "fun".

The gameplay-loop itself can be fun.
    I would've preferred a slightly different version of it with more "building" included, like building a barracks and it spawns units every now and then and you upgrade the spawn frequency and unit power/skills with gold that trickles into your pocket by some kind of goldmine economy, but oh well.

The PVE stuff is probably going to be fun.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-16 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Because Clash requires you to spend a fortune to feel emotions remotely similar to "fun".
    What makes you think you don't need to spend a fortune here?

What makes you think you don't need to spend a fortune here?
    Because it was anounced without gacha mechanics and loot boxes
    And it has PvE with raids n' stuff, meaning I don't have to be competitive if I just want to play PvE.

It's *primarily* a PvE game.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-16 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Aaaaand its gone.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2022-08-07 at 03:05 PM.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

They also cancelled a pokemon go like mobile game they had worked on for 4+years called orbis.

Arclight Rumble is still on the way though that this thread is about.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-08-07 at 03:49 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nope, a different mobile game got cancelled. The cancelled game was a collaboration with NetEase, and was more specifically a MMORPG Warcraft game, apparently. This one is still going ahead.
    Oh crap, I mixed those up then. Good!
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account

Blizzards lawyers looking on...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't know what Blizzard is thinking. Warcraft's audience is PC gamers, not mobile players. And mobile players probably don't know what Warcraft is.

Blizzard made Hearthstone, but that was aimed at the TCG audience and used Warcraft lore to quickly fill a lot of cards without having to create a brand new universe from scratch. I guess Blizzard could do the same thing... by... what? Drawing from Warcraft to create lots of monsters for a mobile pet battle game or something?
    You don't think there is any cross over on PC to mobile? Cause as some who mainly plays PC I still play games on my phone
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

It is impossible to make a good game like Warcraft on the phone yet

- - - Updated - - -

There were good imitations, of course, but it's not the same at all.