10+ Year Old Account

Dragonflight Alpha - Thaldraszus Questline Preview

Dragonflight Alpha - Thaldraszus Questline Preview
    Thaldraszus is the final zone that players get to experience in the Dragonflight expansion. In this post, we'll quickly go over the zone questline and highlight important events. Story Spoilers Below!

Valdrakken, City of Dragons

• The story of this zone starts at the conclusion of the Azure Span. Kalecgos wants you to meet him at the Seat of the Aspects atop the dragon stronghold of Valdrakken in Thaldraszus.
    • There, Kalecgos explains the events of the Azure Span to the other aspects. They become concerned that the Primalists may be prowling within the city and need to be found and driven out.
    • You search the city for infiltrators and discover that the Primalists are attacking Commander Eranog's Garrison at South Hold.

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-08-15 at 09:56 PM.

This is so bad. It’s like made for tv movie bad

5+ Year Old Account
    Time travel. Yes! Keep coming! That’s what I need! More powar!

The story is shaping up to be as poorly written as Shadowlands, holy shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is the zone even unitized if half of the quest line is fine travel to old maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How is the zone even unitized if half of the quest line is fine travel to old maps?
    "half" uhhh what?
    You spend 1 minute doing ONE quest in 3 old maps, and then do 3 quests in dragonblight...
    then 1 quest for about 3 minutes in an old raid.
    in what world do you think that is half of the quest line?
    also this isnt even all the quests in the zone, just the main story questline, there is a fair few side quests all over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "half" uhhh what?
    You spend 1 minute doing ONE quest in 3 old maps, and then do 3 quests in dragonblight...
    then 1 quest for about 3 minutes in an old raid.
    in what world do you think that is half of the quest line?
    also this isnt even all the quests in the zone, just the main story questline, there is a fair few side quests all over.
    Literally half of their overview is the timewalking part with 1 or two questlines before that. The zone is big. Its weird that these zones are only using like 1/3rd of available space for the main questline. Thats different to how they did it before.

Sounds cool - much different to what we've had in the past. All for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicalnerd View Post
    Living up to your name. With a foundationless opinion, your response will be the start of a never-ending echo-chamber for all rats to thrive on.

I can't say I'm not a little disappointed - I had hoped "big time adventure" would be a repeatable piece of progression content like Deaths of Chromie or Horrific Visions, but that seems unlikely if it's just a quest chain. This is also how I wanted an inevitable Murozond raid fight to go, but again, not sure they'd tread the same ground.

It'll be a very fun quest chain and I wish I didn't know about it ahead of time, but wish it could've been bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I don't read the MMO-C write ups of questing zone story/progress. It kind of frames it out of context in some cases and it is not as impactful as seeing/experiencing it in-game yourself. It sometimes feels like watching clips from films and TV shows on YouTube-- short 1 - 2 minute clips that if you already do not know what's going on, it makes no sense to you. You don't understand it's place in the larger narrative.

I think they shouldn't post any spoiler-ish shit (story/lore related) to begin with-- let the posters make their own threads to spoil it and discuss it if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by LolFrank View Post
    Living up to your name. With a foundationless opinion, your response will be the start of a never-ending echo-chamber for all rats to thrive on.
    Foundationless opinion? My guy, the quest line is literally laid out here and it's absolute trash. But since you need to defend everything Blizzard does, you whip out the ad hominem.

Honestly, a version of Azeroth completely dominated by Murlocs is EXACTLY the type of WoW humor that needs to be done with something like the Infinite Dragonflight. They need to push the ideas even further. There is so much you can do with the infinites as a villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Literally half of their overview is the timewalking part with 1 or two questlines before that. The zone is big. Its weird that these zones are only using like 1/3rd of available space for the main questline. Thats different to how they did it before.
    1- no it is not...
    2-Cause it is unique and interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    1- no it is not...
    2-Cause it is unique and interesting
    You act as if I'm complaining. I was just curious. And, at least 40% of all the above text is about the time travel bits. Thats a significant part of the zone.

You act as if I'm complaining. I was just curious. And, at least 40% of all the above text is about the time travel bits. Thats a significant part of the zone.
    Most of the time travel bit is not in old zones, it is in a future version of the zone where the enemies win.
    1 quest has you quickly run through 3 old zones
    then you have 2 quests to do in dragonblight
    then you do 1 quest in the black empire
    thats it for the time travel stuff that is old zones.

SO I went and checked my footage.
    I spent about 2 hours doing the Thaldrazzus main story questing

11 minutes of it was in old zones, partially because I was confused during the running part, and was having too much fun in the murloc part.

the reason they speak about it so much, is that it is super detailed and interesting, a quest that takes about 30 seconds has you run 3 super important spots in wow history, so of course they spend forever describing it, same with the next quest which is just a 3 minute defend quest.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-08-09 at 08:44 AM.

Most of the time travel bit is not in old zones, it is in a future version of the zone where the enemies win.

11 minutes of it was in old zones, partially because I was confused during the running part, and was having too much fun in the murloc part.

the reason they speak about it so much, is that it is super detailed and interesting, a quest that takes about 30 seconds has you run 3 super important spots in wow history, so of course they spend forever describing it, same with the next quest which is just a 3 minute defend quest.
    I kind of wish they toyed with this idea a bit more. Maybe for an expansion make an " instanced" world you can portal into that is unique kind of how outland and wod works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicalnerd View Post
    tbf "made for TV" is doing pretty good for WoW right now, and it's not like it has ever been much better. It could still be "should never have been released" bad.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, okay, my bad. I was just judging the entire questline based on the description given on the news post.