Looks like the FBI raid was real. Being reported on from a lot of different places now, including fox.

They were focused on the classified material Trump illegally stole last year, but I'm guessing they can use anything else they find as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.axios.com/2022/08/08/don...ome-raided-fbi

Just saying though...MIND THE FUCKING SOURCE. The source is Trump, and he's arguably the least trustworthy source for a story like this.

Now if this did happen, we just have to wonder which investigation this is related to. My money is on the Presidential Records Act and him taking a bunch of actually classified and top secret materials with him out of DC and to his golf course.
    You know, this is where I would love to have body cams for FBI agents and have them release the video of them serving him the search warrant and going throughout his home.

Here is another link, albeit with the same source.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/polit...ump/index.html

The FBI executed a search warrant on Monday at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, the former President confirmed to CNN.

Trump declined to say why the FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago, but the former President said the raid was unannounced and "they even broke into my safe."

"My beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents," he said in a statement.

Trump was not in Florida at the time of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That said, it's peculiar he'd lie about this in particular. Yes, it furthers that image, but...complaining about his big beautiful house under siege? Remember Jan 6th, fucko? Seems odd he'd complain about the peaceful tour groups.
    Why though? I mean, did you see how much sympathy that guy who got paid to hang out in a jail cell crying all weekend got? TRUMP NEEDS SYMPATHY TOO, HE IS THE BIGGEST OF VICTIMS EVER.

Remember, it wasn't the FBI on January 6 that stormed the capitol. It was Trump's supporters. So yes, this is decidedly different, assuming it happened, than a bunch of revolutionaries finding out that revolution can't be memed -

Nobody shows up to a revolution expecting to get maced. Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    fbi in the bigmans house, wonder if its to do with planning a fascist coup
    Likely. I mean the list of crimes this orange blob hasn't committed is short, so it could be almost anything, but like, I doubt it's to do with his taxes.

Just saying though...MIND THE FUCKING SOURCE. The source is Trump, and he's arguably the least trustworthy source for a story like this.

Now if this did happen, we just have to wonder which investigation this is related to. My money is on the Presidential Records Act and him taking a bunch of actually classified and top secret materials with him out of DC and to his golf course.
    thought jared already sold that shit to the saudis

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Looks like the FBI raid was real. Being reported on from a lot of different places now, including fox.

They were focused on the classified material Trump illegally stole last year, but I'm guessing they can use anything else they find as well?
    I'm seeing tons of reporting...of Trump's claim. I've yet to see any independent verification yet so if you come across any links please do share.

10+ Year Old Account
    " this is politically motivated "

Bitch, then stop committing political crimes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    thought jared already sold that shit to the saudis
    I mean probably, he might have even turned them all into NFT's, too. But the Archives have the documents back now, so the originals are where they should be. Who knows how many hands those NFT's have gone through now. I wonder if they might have used the same outfit that was behind Melania's blockchain aspiration (which IIRC was an inside job and a Trump company bought that shit too?)

10+ Year Old Account

I would think things that pertain to possible national security breaches are what concern them the most.

Considering their rather infamous reputation of being autonomous and unregulated, I very much doubt they enjoyed Trump's utterly lax handling of national security information and his close dealings with Russia, and I doubt they would give zero fucks about going after his fat, treasonous ass.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-08-08 at 11:47 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I'm guessing they can use anything else they find as well?
    No, they can't. Search warrants are highly specific. They could respond to a crime in progress, for example follow gunshots/screaming/blood, but if they are there looking for WH property and find dead Jimmy Hoffa they have to leave the skeleton.

Nobody shows up to a revolution expecting to get maced. Nobody.
    At least she got a musical out of it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnGMYl-njsg

10+ Year Old Account
    There's enough tears on Fox News and Chud Twitter to solve global warming.

My guy said he wants to see the manager of the FBI

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Speaking of flushed toilets, as in Goodfellas, I can picture Melania running to the bathroom lushing evidence down the toilet.

But I give Trump credit that he truly has a criminal mind. He destroyed evidence or nothing at Mar-a-Largo.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    At least she got a musical out of it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnGMYl-njsg
    Almost linked that one but I wanted a clean video. I feel like half the joy of it is how unintentionally comedic (again with this and conservatives, but I digress) it all is on its face. The background music definitely highlights the comedy, but I also think it takes something away at the same time.

Just the matter-of-fact way she says, "We're storming the capitol! It's a revolution!" as if it's such a reasonable, normal thing that was responded to with such unreasonable violence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    There's enough tears on Fox News and Chud Twitter to solve global warming.

My guy said he wants to see the manager of the FBI
    I wouldn't drink those, they tend to be fairly salty. If anything, I think we might need to worry about a rise in sea levels with all the salty water that's going to find its way down storm drains and into the oceans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Speaking of flushed toilets, as in Goodfellas, I can picture Melania running to the bathroom lushing evidence down the toilet.

But I give Trump credit that he truly has a criminal mind. He destroyed evidence or nothing at Mar-a-Largo.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WinStupidPr...paper_on_fire/

Reddit has some great videos for how to get rid of a lot of papers fast! Definitely not recommended. Don't do this, ever.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/08/u...5238a220490d22

The search, according to two people familiar with the investigation, appeared to be focused on material that Mr. Trump had brought with him to Mar-a-Lago, his private club and residence, after he left the White House. Those boxes contained many pages of classified documents, according to a person familiar with their contents.
    Eyyyyyy.

However, my skepticism remains because of this claim -

Former President Donald J. Trump said on Monday that the F.B.I. had searched his Palm Beach, Fla., home and had broken open a safe — an account that, if accurate, would be a dramatic escalation in the various investigations into the former president.
    I dunno why, but this reminds me of all those times Trump was speaking with someone who called him "sir", which was the clearest tell that Trump was making up a story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a source or official statement other than Trump? Not that I doubt the validity really, I just like to remind myself constantly that Trump is a fucking snake and the grift must always go on.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Is there a source or official statement other than Trump? Not that I doubt the validity really, I just like to remind myself constantly that Trump is a fucking snake and the grift must always go on.
    Best I can find is my link above from NYT, who spoke with "two people familiar with the investigation". I'm inclined to believe that this actually happened if they've got independent sources confirming. But still a few grains of salt left before I fully buy the story given the original source, lol. Because my first thought was, "Man, he saw all that sympathy the loser who spent the weekend crying in a fake cage at CPAC got and wanted to get in on the pity party in a bigly yuge way."

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of which,

DOJ confirms FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago home in Florida, Trump calls it 'political persecution' is FOX News front page main headline.

Ah...life.

There's live coverage, but FOX News also says Trump wasn't home during the raid. That makes sense, at least. Searching Trump could take all day. Because he's so fat.

Yeah, as someone who said they should deport suspected immigrants and take guns without due process, Trump complaining about a legal warrant is beyond even his level of hypocrisy. Sorry, fatso, I don't make the rules. And now, neither do you.

- - - Updated - - -

However, my skepticism remains because of this claim
    Trump would have to be a moron even beyond Trump standards to keep evidence against him in literally the first place anyone would look.

To be honest, if it wasn't true I'm pretty sure the FBI would have rubbished it by now.

You can't have a former US President leveling untrue charges about federal raids and not be corrected in short order. If we've heard about it the FBI certainly would have, and I can't see how they wouldn't have immediately rubbished it if not true.

Maybe someone mentioned this and sorry for not reading. The take I read which is plausible is the raid is about taking of classified documents from the White House.

@Breccia. We know the victim complex of the right, so Fox and Trump will feast on this forever.

Oh btw. The fascist already told the game plan of weaking FBI and DOJ next election. Holy bleep, now it's on.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-08-08 at 11:57 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Speaking of which,

DOJ confirms FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago home in Florida, Trump calls it 'political persecution' is FOX News front page main headline.

Ah...life.
    Unless they're updating, not seeing the DoJ confirmation, just them including in the DoJ was looking into Trump and the 2020 election. And the headline on the front page has been updated to "FBI raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago home, takes 15 boxes blah blah", with a big "'UNDER SIEGE'" graphic because irony is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Maybe someone mentioned this and sorry for not reading. The take I read which is missing plausible is the raid is about taking of classified documents from the White House.
    NYT has a few sources that are indicating that's what the raid was about, and honestly that makes the most sense for a raid at Mar-a-Lago, especially with everything we know about where all the respective investigations are.