10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Now that the initial shock has worn off, all I have are questions.

Obviously, to get a search warrant signed off you need to have a very good reason, even more so for a former president. However, that doesn't mean they'll actually find anything. If that is the case, was a fire just lit up that we didn't want to have lit yet? Justice shouldn't wait for anything but it's something to think about. I also wonder how long it will take for any real information to come out of this. Not like you process what you find overnight and make an official statement.
    Something like this is if it's half of what's being reported? They've been planning this for a long time. The Secret Service would have had to be in on it. They would have to know exactly where Trump and his goons would be when they went in, exactly what they wanted, where, how.

They didn't go in to make a case, they went in their to grabs the receipts for whatever they have on him.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

It would actually be worse if they didn't find them.
    Maybe MBS already has them...

Well, he did claim it was a "large group of FBI agents." Said the man with the small hands. With the small crowds.

Well, from how he describes things that are large, it could have been 2 agents.

10+ Year Old Account
    "This is what happens in broken third-world countries!" shrills the man who tried to throw a violent coup.

Yeah, there's so much wrong with what Trump says it's hard to pick a favorite. Again, Trump needs to be the trod-upon victim so much that it still wouldn't surprise me if this was 100% fiction. But yes, the only similiarity between Watergate and Trump getting raided is that Trump is an idiot who doesn't know history.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, how come there's no pictures of an FBI raid on a large hotel? Wouldn't there be at least one guest or employee tweeting them out by now?
    Isn't Mar A Lago basically a ghost town in the summer since Trump spends his summer in NJ? And employee's probably have NDA or something legally preventing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Isn't Mar A Lago basically a ghost town in the summer since Trump spends his summer in NJ?
    I mean...the last Yelp review was from April. And glassdoor.com (?) says they have 1 to 50 employees. But I'm calling bullshit on a Trump destination not having at least a dozen people onhand at all times, plus tourists with cameras.

- - - Updated - - -

"Sounds like Milley should have had second thoughts a little earler."
    UPDATE: He did.

The New Yorker reports Milley had written the following letter of resignation:

I regret to inform you that I intend to resign as your Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Thank you for the honor of appointing me as senior ranking officer. The events of the last couple weeks have caused me to do deep soul-searching, and I can no longer faithfully support and execute your orders as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It is my belief that you were doing great and irreparable harm to my country. I believe that you have made a concerted effort over time to politicize the United States military. I thought that I could change that. I’ve come to the realization that I cannot, and I need to step aside and let someone else try to do that.

Second, you are using the military to create fear in the minds of the people—and we are trying to protect the American people. I cannot stand idly by and participate in that attack, verbally or otherwise, on the American people. The American people trust their military and they trust us to protect them against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and our military will do just that. We will not turn our back on the American people.

Third, I swore an oath to the Constitution of the United States and embodied within that Constitution is the idea that says that all men and women are created equal. All men and women are created equal, no matter who you are, whether you are white or Black, Asian, Indian, no matter the color of your skin, no matter if you’re gay, straight or something in between. It doesn’t matter if you’re Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Jew, or choose not to believe. None of that matters. It doesn’t matter what country you came from, what your last name is—what matters is we’re Americans. We’re all Americans. That under these colors of red, white, and blue—the colors that my parents fought for in World War II—means something around the world. It’s obvious to me that you don’t think of those colors the same way I do. It’s obvious to me that you don’t hold those values dear and the cause that I serve.

And lastly it is my deeply held belief that you’re ruining the international order, and causing significant damage to our country overseas, that was fought for so hard by the Greatest Generation that they instituted in 1945. Between 1914 and 1945, 150 million people were slaughtered in the conduct of war. They were slaughtered because of tyrannies and dictatorships. That generation, like every generation, has fought against that, has fought against fascism, has fought against Nazism, has fought against extremism. It’s now obvious to me that you don’t understand that world order. You don’t understand what the war was all about. In fact, you subscribe to many of the principles that we fought against. And I cannot be a party to that. It is with deep regret that I hereby submit my letter of resignation.
    It was dated June 8. For the record, June 1 has a Wikipedia page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fox interviewing co-conspirators is like:

Government Affiliated Snark

"This is what happens in broken third-world countries!" shrills the man who tried to throw a violent coup.
    He fucking compared it to the break in of the DNC during Watergate by actual burglars on Nixon's payroll, to the FBI agents under Trump's appointed FBI director.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, I was scrolling through my Youtube feed, and Hasan Piker has a video of Dan Bongino fucking MELTING DOWN comparing this to Cuba, 3rd world dictators, Kim Jong Un saying that it was an illegal raid on Trump.

Fuck Dan Bongino.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Kim Jong Un saying that it was an illegal raid on Trump.
    Bastion of morality that he is.

Again, Trump asked for this kind of action. He said he was going to prosecute Clinton, during the debates, to thunderous applause. Anything that follows that exact line of thinking is therefore exactly what Trump supporters want.

In fact, once again, I will pre-emptively answer for all our local Trump supporters. They are now in favor of this FBI raid, unless they can personally show where they themselves disagreed with Trump's promise to prosecute Clinton. That, and that alone, is the only way they don't support this raid -- even if they personally say they don't support this raid, that is disregarded.

- - - Updated - - -

The NYTimes reports that the WH found out about the raid...by Twitter. And Trump's statement. But not both at once, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump would have to be a moron even beyond Trump standards to keep evidence against him in literally the first place anyone would look.
    Trump is the special kind of idiot who'd put incriminating digital documents into his Recycle Bin and then not empty it, thinking that if it's in the bin, it's gone.

I believe he's smart enough to want to destroy evidence. I think he's dumb enough to spectacularly fail at it. See also trying to flush documents in a house with at least a dozen useable fireplaces.

Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/third-wo...s-trumps-home/

Here is that dumbass Dan Bongino comparing this to a 3rd world dictatorship, Cuba or North Korea.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/third-wo...s-trumps-home/

Here is that dumbass Dan Bongino comparing this to a 3rd world dictatorship, Cuba or North Korea.
    “Listen, America, they’re laughing at you,” he said. “The left thinks this is hilarious. If you doubt me, just go to any of their goofy platforms, Twitter or elsewhere right now. They think this is hilarious. You know what’s really hilarious? You going out tomorrow if you’re not registered to vote and doing it. That’s really hilarious.”
    Well yes, yes we are...but that shouldn't be the point? Well of course it's the point, because it's not whether Trump may have violated the law or not, it's all about if something results in "owning the libs" or not. If not, then it's bad.

I'm not sure what "going out tomorrow if they're not registered to vote and doing it" means? Like...committing voter fraud? Are there elections tomorrow somewhere? I'm deeply confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well yes, yes we are...but that shouldn't be the point? Well of course it's the point, because it's not whether Trump may have violated the law or not, it's all about if something results in "owning the libs" or not. If not, then it's bad.

I'm not sure what "going out tomorrow if they're not registered to vote and doing it" means? Like...committing voter fraud? Are there elections tomorrow somewhere? I'm deeply confused.
    Bongino is a fucking moron.

Bongino is a fucking moron.
    I mean yes, but he's worth paying attention to given his prominent role in the conservative intellgencia and the vanguard of their culture wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kash Patel, a Trump loyalist and former Defense Department appointee, made a claim in May on the right-wing website Breitbart that Trump had previously declassified the material that was at Mar-a-Lago. Trump had designated Patel as a representative with the National Archives.
    Well, if they were declassified, I'm sure there was a well-kept record of that. If Trump's WH is known for nothing else, it's known for well-organized well-maintained records.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1556007614135148544

"Ladies and gentlemen, We Are All Domestic Terrorists"

So...this is a really weird attempt to "reclaim" a phrase by Republicans. Or like...should we just call the FBI and tell them about this so they can arrest everyone who agreed that yes, they are a domestic terrorist?

Seriously, modern conservatism ain't brainworm shit. The fuckin brainworms would starve to death.

All the "but muh Hunter Biden!" copium is delicious. Fox News is some lovely schadenfreude right now.

I will just comment on how we thought Trump might use federal agencies to arrest Hillary, this is the same to them.

Differences? Sure. Let's say they raided and possibly arrested Hillary. Many of us would call bs. Say it's a political hit job, abuse of power, etc.

They going to play Trump the same way and while we say evidence of him taking documents or whatever this will be played as so hyper partisan.

Our country is so effed. The threat of political violence is here, fueled by right wing media and politicians who just want power.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    They've been crying about Clinton's emails and Hunters laptop so long you would think a few of them took notes on how to hide evidence, allegedly.

Resident Cosplay Progressive