10+ Year Old Account
    This thing will be encrypted till the release I guess

Growing a new World Tree and not using Nordrassil will never not be a stupid concept. It's right there! The original World Tree! The one blessed by the Dragon Aspects! Seated right in the middle of Night Elven territory! On a freaking mountain with a huge tactical advantage!

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Growing a new World Tree and not using Nordrassil will never not be a stupid concept. It's right there! The original World Tree! The one blessed by the Dragon Aspects! Seated right in the middle of Night Elven territory! On a freaking mountain with a huge tactical advantage!
    A straight, tall tree not suitable for the purpose they were using Teldrassil for?

b-b-but its near the Horde ;_;

I hope to god Teldrassil 2 isn't disconnected from the rest of Azeroth by a loading screen, but XIV does it so I guess it's fine.

Forsaken going exactly where they previously lost makes me think Teldrassil 2 will be exactly where Teldrassil was, but DI is possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    On a freaking mountain with a huge tactical advantage!
    That doesn't really mean anything.

Teldrassil was a mountain-sized magic tree, so big it could hold a whole city on its branches and contained its own eco-system within its crown, sitting in the middle of the ocean miles away from the nearest coast.
    Yet the whole thing was torched in mere moments with a few fireworks.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-08-09 at 12:49 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I'm curious about the theories people have been making about them planting the new world tree in the dragon isles (ohn'ahran plains). Also, on the lookout for all things Ysera.
    I think the Ysera quest is bait and her rez fails/its about Merithra and the fans having to accept that she can't come back. The encrypted area is patch bait but because it's so close to the Nelf stuff people are assuming it's a tree instead of just an island that rises up or is hidden.

It definitely could be a new Nelf city ala XIV cities spread around but I doubt it. It raises dangerous precedent (Ghostlands and Azuremyst getting updated but not brought into the new world)

That being said... the Underground "Zone" could just be a mega dungeon, meaning the island could be a lot of different things.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-08-09 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ι wonder if there will be a side story with Tyrande and Merithra in that zone.
    Well it is the Green Dragonflight zone so Ysera's resurrection will happen there.

Also the Night Elves new territories being flat plains instead of a magical forest would suck ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think the Ysera quest is bait and her rez fails/its about Merithra and the fans having to accept that she can't come back. The encrypted area is patch bait but because it's so close to the Nelf stuff people are assuming it's a tree instead of just an island that rises up or is hidden.

It definitely could be a new Nelf city ala XIV cities spread around but I doubt it. It raises dangerous precedent (Ghostlands and Azuremyst getting updated but not brought into the new world)

That being said... the Underground "Zone" could just be a mega dungeon, meaning the island could be a lot of different things.
    Who cares about Merithra? We want Ysera back and we will get her back. All the buildup is in Shadowlands already. Also Ysera is already on the loading screen haha.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Who cares about Merithra? We want Ysera back and we will get her back. All the buildup is in Shadowlands already. Also Ysera is already on the loading screen haha.
    Ysera coming back by people screaming very loud rubs me the wrong way, and I'm saying this as someone who didn't particularly like her getting axed in Legion.

I can see this being an immediate retcon of her being "tied to Ardenweald" which was already a "she's back, BUT", but it's still a bit meh. I guess the tie was already silly as a nature spirit being tied down in a place of rebirth is strange.

But if Lordaeron City is any indication this is no longer a story, or a product, where people lose things

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    A straight, tall tree not suitable for the purpose they were using Teldrassil for?
    Google Nordrassil. They could definitely have tree huts on the branches, or a settlement around its roots. Besides, Blizzard can redesign the tree to fit their current lore if need be, so it looks more like Teldrassil does in concept art.

b-b-but its near the Horde ;_;

I hope to god Teldrassil 2 isn't disconnected from the rest of Azeroth by a loading screen, but XIV does it so I guess it's fine.

Forsaken going exactly where they previously lost makes me think Teldrassil 2 will be exactly where Teldrassil was, but DI is possible.
    Yeah, what I do hope though is that they use some type of clever technology to conceal the top in magical mist or whatever, unless you're standing nearby. I don't like seeing huge objects across an entire continent, it breaks immersion and makes it feel smaller.

Difference with the UC is that it sits right in the middle of an established kingdom. They have to use the space somehow. Teldrassil, meanwhile, sort of awkwardly sat off-shore on a strange island.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That doesn't really mean anything.

Teldrassil was a mountain-sized magic tree, so big it could hold a whole city on its branches and contained its own eco-system within its crown, sitting in the middle of the ocean miles away from the nearest coast.
    Yet the whole thing was torched in mere moments with a few fireworks.
    That's true, but it only shows how dumb the burning of Teldrassil was. Logically, it still makes sense if Night Elves today choose a seemingly strategic location.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Who cares about Merithra?
    I do.
    We want Ysera back
    I don't.

Bringing her back makes her entire Legion-Shadowlands arc completely pointless.

Formerly known as Arafal

If they do grow the tree, especially if its in the Dragon Isles, I don't expect it to actually be a city, or at least one you can actually use. They wouldn't put a capital city in an expansion zone, at least not at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    If they do grow the tree, especially if its in the Dragon Isles, I don't expect it to actually be a city, or at least one you can actually use. They wouldn't put a capital city in an expansion zone, at least not at this point.
    Growing a tree is pointless unless it's a new city. If Forsaken get back their city and a new area then Nelves will get back what they lost.

And ARs already set precedent for their cities being in other expansions. I don't like it either for a core race but it's possible.

It will make Kalimdor odd though if they ever update it. It will just be Horde and Nelf ruins without Nelves.

They won't put a racial capital city in any zone period.

Only cities that matter are Stormwind, Orgrimmar, and current expansion's hub city. Races don't get cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Bringing her back makes her entire Legion-Shadowlands arc completely pointless.
    What arc? Reluctant, incompetent nepotism hire comes to terms with being incompetent? The character has never been all that enthralling - she exists not because of the storytelling potential, but because Ysera is (was?) gone and thus the narrative demands that we fill in that gap.

Growing a tree is pointless unless it's a new city. If Forsaken get back their city and a new area then Nelves will get back what they lost.

And ARs already set precedent for their cities being in other expansions. I don't like it either for a core race but it's possible.

It will make Kalimdor odd though if they ever update it. It will just be Horde and Nelf ruins without Nelves.
    I should have specified I meant a current expansion zone. Once the expansion is past and incorporated into the main game (so you don't need the expansion anymore to access it), then yeah it can be used, of course.

So what I'm trying to say is that either they just plop the new tree back down where Teldrassil is now (or in another open-to-all zone) or hold off until the Dragon Isles are available to non-expansion buyers too.

So what I'm trying to say is that either they just plop the new tree back down where Teldrassil is now (or in another open-to-all zone) or hold off until the Dragon Isles are available to non-expansion buyers too.
    They can make a new tree in this expansion, the Night Elves just won't start there until 11.0 (or they get rid of racial starting zones entirely and it's exiles reach for everyone)

Racial cities aren't pointless now (see Lordaeron) but they definitely don't have to follow the old rules.

They can make a new tree in this expansion, the Night Elves just won't start there until 11.0 (or they get rid of racial starting zones entirely and it's exiles reach for everyone)

Racial cities aren't pointless now (see Lordaeron) but they definitely don't have to follow the old rules.
    They're not making new starting zone either way. Nelves will start in Exile's Reach or Teldrassil. They just get phased into the destroyed Teldrassil phase once they enter BFA.

Only issue I see with Teldrassil 2.0 is that the original was essentially a mutant that only grew to such extreme sizes because it wasn't blessed by the Aspects. If the new one is properly blessed then it would be more similar to the size of the other world trees and not capable of housing an entire zone.

Unless being juiced up by Night Elf souls and the Winter Queen's power makes it some crazy megazord tree.