10+ Year Old Account
    In other warrant-related news, Judge authorizes warrant for US to seize Russian oligarch's $90 million private plane

The Airbus A319-100 aircraft, authorities say, is owned by Andrei Skoch, a member of Russia's State Duma and a billionaire who made his fortune through a stake in a conglomerate in the metals and mining industry. Skoch has been on the US sanctions list since 2018 for Russia's invasion of Crimea, the eastern region of Ukraine. The plane is believed to be in Kazakhstan, authorities said.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Apparently car sales are down 75% in Russia as well.
    Given car production has collapsed like 97%, that makes sense. Very soon they will simply have no cars to sell.

According to a report (https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...sment-august-8) the threat to blow up the nuclear reactor may have been falsified.

Although it is for sure russians are purposefully using the reactor to store volatile ammunition and such.

This likely misreporting distracts from the very real risks of Russia’s militarization of the Zaporizhzhia NPP, which may include mining the plant and almost certainly includes the unsafe storage of military armaments near nuclear reactors and nuclear waste storage facilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two alleged hits on an ammo dump and a weapons depot just North of Crimea.

Not sure what was used as those are, as far as I can tell, well and truly out of range of the HIMARS munitions, or at the extreme limits if they'd drive 'em up to the literal frontlines.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/s...91463748927490

https://twitter.com/michaelh992/stat...79337739194368

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    According to a report (https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...sment-august-8) the threat to blow up the nuclear reactor may have been falsified.

Although it is for sure russians are purposefully using the reactor to store volatile ammunition and such.

I really want to believe this, I would also not discount the possibility that the general acted on his own and the russians aren't AS insane as this seemed to show them to be.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-08-09 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Two alleged hits on an ammo dump and a weapons depot just North of Crimea.

Not sure what was used as those are, as far as I can tell, well and truly out of range of the HIMARS munitions, or at the extreme limits if they'd drive 'em up to the literal frontlines.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/s...91463748927490

https://twitter.com/michaelh992/stat...79337739194368

I really want to believe this, I would also not discount the possibility that the general acted on his own and the russians aren't AS insane as this seemed to show them to be.
    I think they got extended range rockets from the US in the latest package.

Melitopol also got hit hard.

https://youtu.be/DmD7xI1Ytfg

10+ Year Old Account
    Airbases on Crimea hit or "spontaneously" exploded. These are more than 200 kilometers away from the frontline so that rules out HIMARS unless they got 300 km munitions and even then I'm doubting the US signed off on that, as in Biden was quite clear on that.

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status...89234052997122

https://twitter.com/SputnikATONews/s...88235900936193
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-08-09 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Airbases on Crimea hit or "spontaneously" exploded. These are more than 200 kilometers away from the frontline so that rules out HIMARS unless they got 300 km munitions and even then I'm doubting the US signed off on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Марджори Тейлор Грин on CCCP1
    It was Nazi Space Lasers.
    There you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Airbases on Crimea hit or "spontaneously" exploded. These are more than 200 kilometers away from the frontline so that rules out HIMARS unless they got 300 km munitions and even then I'm doubting the US signed off on that, as in Biden was quite clear on that.

Yeah, that's quite far. Extended Range "only" has 150 km range. Unless they got inside the occupied territory that is.

Multiple large explosions in the videos, so hopefully a few planes got taken out. And would indicate more than one missile struck.

One option being touted is that it might be Ukraine's Neptun missile, which has a 200-300 km range and has a ground attack option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Yeah, that's quite far. Extended Range "only" has 150 km range. Unless they got inside the occupied territory that is.
    I'm having a hard time thinking how they would do that and where. I mean Ukraine has been hitting the bridges, so that's not quite possible, Nova Khakova is under russian control and from Zaporizhzhia it's still quite a few kilometers, and all that without getting detected and slipping away again, potentially opening yourself up for capture or destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Multiple large explosions in the videos, so hopefully a few planes got taken out. And would indicate more than one missile struck.

One option being touted is that it might be Ukraine's Neptun missile, which has a 200-300 km range and has a ground attack option.
    Can we rule out russian incompetence and blowing up their own stuff?

Edit: ah, I see the excuse already. post below.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-08-09 at 02:23 PM.

Russian MoD claims that it was just some aviation ammo exploding, there were no casualties and no planes damaged.

Yeah, right. There are multiple massive explosions seen and reports of windows blown out a long way from the airfield. You are talking entire ammo dumps going up here.

And if nothing happened, why did they just declare a state of emergency in Crimea and why are there traffic jams as locals are fleeing en masse?

- - - Updated - - -

Local officials are saying the district where the airfield is located is being evacuated.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-08-09 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russian MoD claims that it was just some aviation ammo exploding, there were no casualties and no planes damaged.

Yeah, right. There are multiple massive explosions seen and reports of windows blown out a long way from the airfield. You are talking entire ammo dumps going up here.

And if nothing happened, why did they just declare a state of emergency in Crimea and why are there traffic jams as locals are fleeing en masse?

- - - Updated - - -

Local officials are saying the district where the airfield is located is being evacuated.
    Some semi-legit reasons: pre-emptive evacuation, declaring a state of emergency frees up options etc. Just because 'nothing happened' doesn't mean the situation is under control.

I am curious what it was in the end though as the Ukrainians don't have much with that range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn’t surprise me if the Ukrainians did hit targets inside of Crimea, the Russians aren’t taking that chance at any rate with how they moved vessels that are part of its black sea fleet out of Sevastopol a couple of weeks ago to a port further east.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some semi-legit reasons: pre-emptive evacuation, declaring a state of emergency frees up options etc. Just because 'nothing happened' doesn't mean the situation is under control.

I am curious what it was in the end though as the Ukrainians don't have much with that range.
    Unhappy locals sympathetic to Ukraine?
    Ukraine military working behind enemy lines?
    Locals working with Ukraine military? (Combines first two)
    Foreign volunteer soldiers having a good ole time?
    Successful attempt to remove Nazis from region.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    The label says 300km. Not 150.
    Just do a quick search MGM-140 ATACMS.

But If they got them delivered or not? Idk.

But its a clear defensive war, so my stance is simple; ukraniane is allowed absoluetly anything.
    And Im of the opinion that we should supply them with anything they should require.

In terms of targets every russian is a viable target, there are no actions ukraine can take that will shift my opinion on the matter.
    They could start striking soft civilian targets inside russia proper and I would react positivly to it.

It's amusing that the Russians are trying to pass this off as their own incompetence rather than admit Ukraine had anything to do with it. Just like the Moskva.

And here we have Crimea openly attacked and the Russians aren't doing anything about it. I was promised NOOOOOOOOKES if it ever happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amusing that the Russians are trying to pass this off as their own incompetence rather than admit Ukraine had anything to do with it. Just like the Moskva.

And here we have Crimea openly attacked and the Russians aren't doing anything about it. I was promised NOOOOOOOOKES if it ever happened.
    Deep down even the Ruskies know that Crimea isn’t actually theirs.

I see 3 reasons why russians are so comfortably wiping out a nation:

1) They believe their propaganda

2) They support the genocide

3) They haven't had true horrors of war striking their home towns and seen gruesome deaths of their loved ones

Pretty much those are the reasons I do also think that Russia proper is a valid military target for Ukraine. Fucked up world when Russia is allowed to genocide Ukraine, but we only supply weapons with special conditions, and if Ukraine dares to strike back for shock and awe, it'll be WORLD WAR THREEEEEEE.

Although yes, Russia would definitely happily push the whole existential threat excuse to use even harsher weapons, and so I fucking pray the orcs are sent back in tiny pieces to their mommys to send a message...

The magic word being "deterrence". They wipe out your local friends, you send them a reminder that they are not immune to such fate either.

War truly has changed :S

- - - Updated - - -

To add, I guess I am not a fan of the whole moral superiority thing.

No ukrainian, who lost their lives, families, homes will live happily thinking that "damn, at least I am morally better than russians".

The end result of this war after all this will be (in case of ukrainian defensive victory):

- Ukraine is devastated, infrastructure utterly wiped

- Countless ukrainian soldier lives lost

- Countless ukrainian civilian lives lost

- Displaced ukrainians with nothing to return home to

- Kidnapped ukrainian children still in Russia, indoctrinated against their home

- Instability of the nation for years to come, with no guarantee that Russia wouldn't strike again

Meanwhile in Russia:

- Dunno, orcish trigger-happy torturous invaders are mostly dead or injured

- Homes intact, civilians lives intact

So yeah, there better be harsh sanctions (that apparently don't work, so no problem for russhkies to accept infinite amount of them) for the next century. Until Russia is equally devastated, not by Ukraine, but their own actions and following consequences.

After all, murdering civilians is bad, but simply choosing to not engage in trade or diplomacy is nothing wrong.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-08-09 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I see 3 reasons why russians are so comfortably wiping out a nation:

1) They believe their propaganda

2) They support the genocide

3) They haven't had true horrors of war striking their home towns and seen gruesome deaths of their loved ones

Pretty much those are the reasons I do also think that Russia proper is a valid military target for Ukraine. Fucked up world when Russia is allowed to genocide Ukraine, but we only supply weapons with special conditions, and if Ukraine dares to strike back for shock and awe, it'll be WORLD WAR THREEEEEEE.

Although yes, Russia would definitely happily push the whole existential threat excuse to use even harsher weapons, and so I fucking pray the orcs are sent back in tiny pieces to their mommys to send a message...

The magic word being "deterrence". They wipe out your local friends, you send them a reminder that they are not immune to such fate either.

War truly has changed :S

- - - Updated - - -

To add, I guess I am not a fan of the whole moral superiority thing.

No ukrainian, who lost their lives, families, homes will live happily thinking that "damn, at least I am morally better than russians".

The end result of this war after all this will be (in case of ukrainian defensive victory):

- Ukraine is devastated, infrastructure utterly wiped

- Countless ukrainian soldier lives lost

- Countless ukrainian civilian lives lost

- Displaced ukrainians with nothing to return home to

- Kidnapped ukrainian children still in Russia, indoctrinated against their home

- Instability of the nation for years to come, with no guarantee that Russia wouldn't strike again

Meanwhile in Russia:

- Dunno, orcish trigger-happy torturous invaders are mostly dead or injured

- Homes intact, civilians lives intact

So yeah, there better be harsh sanctions (that apparently don't work, so no problem for russhkies to accept infinite amount of them) for the next century. Until Russia is equally devastated, not by Ukraine, but their own actions and following consequences.

After all, murdering civilians is bad, but simply choosing to not engage in trade or diplomacy is nothing wrong.
    Few years after this is over things have been normalized and Germany is happily buying more gas from Russia all the while Russian oligarchs are buying properties around the world in very suspicious locationbs near military installments.