Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Few years after this is over things have been normalized and Germany is happily buying more gas from Russia all the while Russian oligarchs are buying properties around the world in very suspicious locationbs near military installments.
    Let's not forget our own local thing like russians right -now- visiting Finland for shopping via visas that should not be given at all...And obviously the russian-owned holiday homes next to finnish military sites, sold without a problem. That also seem to be built according to military doctrine to make them harder to see from all directions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Let's not forget our own local thing like russians right -now- visiting Finland for shopping via visas that should not be given at all...And obviously the russian-owned holiday homes next to finnish military sites, sold without a problem. That also seem to be built according to military doctrine to make them harder to see from all directions.
    Wasn't that changed a couple of years back though? I recall there being a bit of a stink about it. I do disagree with the visa thing, especially for those russians that live in border villages. There's little love lost between me and russians but as I told a friend of mine: we don't need to be friends but there's no reason for hostility against regular people. (As long as they get lost at the end of the day.)
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-08-09 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Wasn't that changed a couple of years back though? I recall there being a bit of a stink about it.
    The Finsn would be fools to not have those buildings scoped, scanned, and ready to do to the building what Reynal did to his defendant.
    The Finns do not strike me as fools. Especially not regarding Russia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Wasn't that changed a couple of years back though? I recall there being a bit of a stink about it. I do disagree with the visa thing, especially for those russians that live in border villages. There's little love lost between me and russians but as I told a friend of mine: we don't need to be friends but there's no reason for hostility against regular people. (As long as they get lost at the end of the day.)
    For that one particular case at very least, yes. I believe it had a helipad built in the property, hidden within thick forested part, with ground-walls ensuring there is no visibility to the said helipad from the ground level, at least, when passing by.

At least finnish authorities are confiscating anything from the "tourists" that has usage in military applications, probably based on the sanctions. So I can concur that russians indeed manage to abuse any loopholes and mistakes of hospitality towards them.

Russian people should definitely feel the consequences of their supported genocide. It would only serve to turn them against their masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    The Finsn would be fools to not have those buildings scoped, scanned, and ready to do to the building what Reynal did to his defendant.
    Finns are no fools military-wise when it comes to the russian border. Our politicians though, include some individuals who happily repeat Kremlin propaganda and become the useful idiots. I wouldn't be surprised if they lobbied the said property sales and possibly even delayed any kind of changes towards the whole ownership business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Oh there are plenty of fools around who only saw the money and then there is are the proper traitors who live, breath and spew Kreml's propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    The label says 300km. Not 150.
    Just do a quick search MGM-140 ATACMS.

But If they got them delivered or not? Idk.

But its a clear defensive war, so my stance is simple; ukraniane is allowed absoluetly anything.
    And Im of the opinion that we should supply them with anything they should require.

In terms of targets every russian is a viable target, there are no actions ukraine can take that will shift my opinion on the matter.
    They could start striking soft civilian targets inside russia proper and I would react positivly to it.
    No. ER GLRMS has a 150 km range. So far Biden has explicitly said no to ATACMS. They are discussing it though.

I think they should be able to strike anywhere. Including in Moscow if they so wish. Legit targets are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    No. ER GLRMS has a 150 km range. So far Biden has explicitly said no to ATACMS. They are discussing it though.

I think they should be able to strike anywhere. Including in Moscow if they so wish. Legit targets are legit.
    And it wouldn't even be a war crime - Kremlin is not a civilian location!

They launched many strikes on Kyiv, Ukraine should do same for Moscow, and specifically Kremlin.

lol @ russian air defense

Man, the war is coming for those Russian tourists just trying to enjoy a nice day at the beach in territory annexed by Russia : (

WHY CAN'T THEY ENJOY A PEACEFUL DAY INSIDE A COUNTRY CURRENTLY BEING INVADED BY THEIR OWN COUNTRY?!

Speculation flying around that it may have been drones that attacked the airbase.
    I assume their range isn't that huge so it would mean there are teams inside Russian territory launching these attacks.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing happened at the Airbase in Crimea, just a small accident with some bombs:

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/s...10780180447235
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-08-09 at 10:24 PM.

And that's just a parking lot outside the airfield. Satellite from 4 hours before the attack showed at least 37 jets and 6 helicopters on the ground there. Including some of their most advanced stuff. Hopefully a lot of them are at the least damaged.

And why isn't Amnesty protesting Russia putting a millitary airfield right beside tourists on holidays?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read one tweet saying there was one fatality in that “accident”

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    And why isn't Amnesty protesting Russia putting a millitary airfield right beside tourists on holidays?
    Ukraine ain't cutting checks, yo.

Seriously, I generally support the AA cause, but they're continuing to eat lots of well deserved shit sammiches for that bullshit that they still haven't apologized for. I just hope they can find some humility and apologize, because they do quite a bit of actual good work from what I know.

They went the politicians sorry not sorry route. We are sorry if people got angered by our report (but we aren't changing it.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Read one tweet saying there was one fatality in that “accident”
    If that is the truth then they are VERY lucky. That could've easily be many more.

I did see that tweet as well though, 1 dead 5 injured.

You know, russia can't even admit that Ukraine did this because, according to their OWN propaganda, russia has destroyed all HIMARS systems and ammunitions. Well done...
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-08-09 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Speculation flying around that it may have been drones that attacked the airbase.
    I assume their range isn't that huge so it would mean there are teams inside Russian territory launching these attacks.
    Or the frontline has pushed close enough to Crimea that they can take off from Ukrainian territory and start hitting Russian military targets in Crimea.

If that's the case I would expect the Russians to evacuate the Black Sea Fleet from Sevastopol so they don't lose what's left of their fleet.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

If Russia is saying it, it's a lie.

At least 1 su-24 looks to be destroyed and given it was in a line of 6 planes parked side by side there is a good chance the others are damaged, if not destroyed as well.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1557082387087081473

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-du...-spokesperson/

Unsurprisingly, Steven Segal seems to be stanning for big daddy Putin.

“It definitely looks like a rocket,” Seagal is reported to have said.
    I know he's an action star and worked as a cop and shit, but is he an explosives expert as well?

Apparently not -

“The experts could not definitively say what caused the damage, but they pointed to a lack of shrapnel marks and craters and only minimal damage to internal walls in the available visuals of the aftermath,” the Post reported. “Instead, there were visible signs of an intense fire, which is at odds with damage caused by the most common HIMARS warhead.”
    However...

“The interesting thing is that one of the killed Nazis is a Nazi who just started talking a lot about Zelensky,” Seagal added, “and that Zelensky is responsible for the orders about torture and other atrocities that violate not only the Geneva War Convention, but are also crimes against humanity.”
    Russia just loves them some fictional Nazi's still, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers