Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Awesome.... A tree no Night Elf player will see unless they specifically level through this expansion in the future.

Unless of course they make this into the starting zone for Nelves further down the line. Phasing is a thing and it could work very well.
    How does it matter?

New NE players are still phased into old Teldrassil.

Night Elf Players don't really see Teldrassil now either.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I am not being sarcastic btw. It is an acknowledged in-universe fact that the Night elves are not so different from savage trolls who skulk in forests.
    *Looks at Dazar'alor*
    Pardon?

Also, several different types of elves evolved from Night Elves.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Last I checked, the only city they had was nuked. Anything they possessed beyond Teldrassil were just insignificant little villages in the middle of nowhere. Their civilian population has been reduced drastically.

All they have left of note is the military, which was sent to Silithus at the start of the war, and which took considerable losses at the Battle of Darkshore.

But I do hope they have fun in Nordrassil, which is savage wilderness in the middle of nowhere. That's quite an improvement from the civilized city that is Stormwind.

I am not ironic btw. It is an acknowledged in-universe fact that the Night elves are not so different from savage trolls who skulk in forests.
    What a stupid argument.

By that logic, most races in WoW are severely underpopulated and would crumble if their main capital got destroyed. There's no cities in WoW. Everything is just insignificant little villages.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    *Looks at Dazar'alor*
    Pardon?
    Canonically Dazar'alor is an ugly pyramid, as stated by those tourists from Silvermoon.

Also, several different types of elves evolved from Night Elves.
    Key word: Evolved.

For instance, if I showed you a Void elf, you would be looking at the latest, most evolved stage of a Night elf. Which is quite obvious in their appearance really.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    How does it matter?

New NE players are still phased into old Teldrassil.

Night Elf Players don't really see Teldrassil now either.
    That's past lore though. In the event of a revamp it would also make sense. Besides, it would suck massively if the entire Night Elven civilization is in a place no visits because it's in the middle of nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Last I checked, the only city they had was nuked. Anything they possessed beyond Teldrassil were just insignificant little villages in the middle of nowhere. Their civilian population has been reduced drastically.

All they have left of note is the military, which was sent to Silithus at the start of the war, and which took considerable losses at the Battle of Darkshore.

But I do hope they have fun in Nordrassil, which is savage wilderness in the middle of nowhere. That's quite an improvement from the civilized city that is Stormwind.

I am not being sarcastic btw. It is an acknowledged in-universe fact that the Night elves are not so different from savage trolls who skulk in forests.
    I mean, that is... what I want. The closer the Night Elves are portrayed to their WC3 counterpart the happier I'll be. I know it will never be exactly like that but I also really don't want them living in stone castles ala Stormwind.

You wouldn't like it if High Elves/Void Elves were suddenly taken and put into huts looking like Orgrimmar now would you?

Canonically Dazar'alor is an ugly pyramid, as stated by those tourists from Silvermoon.

Key word: Evolved.

For instance, if I showed you a Void elf, you would be looking at the latest, most evolved stage of a Night elf. Which is quite obvious in their appearance really.
    Hopefully in excess: Evolution has no particular "direction", it just adapts to changing circumstances.
    Chickens are "evolved dinosaurs" after all, yet i doubt any chicken would consider itaelf superior in the presence of its ancestors.
    Degeneration is also evolution after all.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

That's past lore though. In the event of a revamp it would also make sense. Besides, it would suck massively if the entire Night Elven civilization is in a place no visits because it's in the middle of nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, that is... what I want. The closer the Night Elves are portrayed to their WC3 counterpart the happier I'll be. I know it will never be exactly like that but I also really don't want them living in stone castles ala Stormwind.

You wouldn't like it if High Elves/Void Elves were suddenly taken and put into huts looking like Orgrimmar now would you?
    I mean, Teldrassil was in a place no one visits because it's in the middle of nowhere.

I don't understand your point.

I mean, Teldrassil was in a place no one visits because it's in the middle of nowhere.

I don't understand your point.
    Yeah but you could visit it any time you wanted. Because it was there from level one. Considering how they are doing levelling nowdays, the Dragon Isles will just get passed by in two expansions.

"Oh yes we have a capital somewhere, not sure how to get there though."

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And Night Elves and Forsaken ended up like that.

No capital beyond Orgrimmar and Stormwind matter.
    *gasp!* You take that back! Ironforge and Silvermoon are very important!

Yeah but you could visit it any time you wanted. Because it was there from level one. Considering how they are doing levelling nowdays, the Dragon Isles will just get passed by in two expansions.

"Oh yes we have a capital somewhere, not sure how to get there though."
    But in two expansions time, Dragon Isles will scale anyway, so you can get there at, well, not quite Level 1, but early enough anyway.

I'd rather have some interesting storytelling rather than "has to be right there again because it used to be there!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Awesome.... A tree no Night Elf player will see unless they specifically level through this expansion in the future.

Unless of course they make this into the starting zone for Nelves further down the line. Phasing is a thing and it could work very well.
    Only Hero class have a separate starting zone.

By now all the new characters are sent to Exile's Reach. So, probably after this expansion, when you have done in Exile's Reach, the new NE will be sent back in his new Elf to meet Chromie to hendle the temporal paradox.

Even if its a matter of the bronze dragonflight, isnt working very well, but by now our narrative expectation are low.

Also, actually we dont know for sure if that World Tree will became also the new NE city... maybe a branch will be used to recreate Terdrassil, just like in the past... and that world Tree in dragon island will be the gataway for the Emerald dream/Anderwald...
    Last edited by Tartys; 2022-08-10 at 02:03 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/15...2Uu_1BFNA&s=19

Ranked solo arena queue is now a thing.
    Thats awesome, I may now do Arena's as if I fail i'll know it was my own fault.

Edit
    I misunderstood it, but still this is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    But in two expansions time, Dragon Isles will scale anyway, so you can get there at, well, not quite Level 1, but early enough anyway.

I'd rather have some interesting storytelling rather than "has to be right there again because it used to be there!"
    I still don't think the new capital should be on the Dragon Isles. No thanks
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man blizzard must really hate night elf’s, destroying all the settlements in dark shore and ashenvale wasn’t enough, destroying Teldrassil wasn’t enough, killing the majority of there population wasn’t enough, better kill there Co lead to.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

So Malfurion bites it, eh?

Meh. After all this time I feel nothing.

I'm more annoyed at Ysera coming back so quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Man blizzard must really hate night elf’s, destroying all the settlements in dark shore and ashenvale wasn’t enough, destroying Teldrassil wasn’t enough, killing the majority of there population wasn’t enough, better kill there Co lead to.
    Modern writers seem to confuse character death with narrative development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Modern writers seem to confuse character death with narrative development.
    "Stakes man. Gotta have stakes." Or something like that. The argument I've seen is well

"Death has to matter" or something like that....despite the fact in said universe characters do often die and their influence is gone.

Edit: This is all presuming this is old information and not out of date.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-08-10 at 02:45 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    So Malfurion bites it, eh?

Meh. After all this time I feel nothing.

I'm more annoyed at Ysera coming back so quickly.
    I would much rather see Merithra become Aspect in Ysera's stead, as Kalecgos did when Malygos was killed. Not only would I prefer Malfurion not to be stuffed in the proverbial cooler, but having Ysera snap back to life also cheapens her death in Legion even more than her continued existence in Ardenweald did.

My optimistic hope here is that this turn in the story is placeholder Alpha plot stuff that will get revised in Live. We'll see, I suppose.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I assume this narrative decision is based on everyone on social media loving ickle wittle Ysera and not really caring about Malfurion. I haven't heard anyone talk about him for years until he's now "dying".

However, the fact that they thought the gaslit crazy Nelf fanbase could take anything short of a backrub and a foot massage now is bewildering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would much rather see Merithra become Aspect in Ysera's stead, as Kalecgos did when Malygos was killed. Not only would I prefer Malfurion not to be stuffed in the proverbial cooler, but having Ysera snap back to life also cheapens her death in Legion even more than her continued existence in Ardenweald did.

My optimistic hope here is that this turn in the story is placeholder Alpha plot stuff that will get revised in Live. We'll see, I suppose.
    Considering this got leaked at all, and there are basically no other story leaks, its probably a sign from some disgruntled devs for people to start kicking up shit and get it changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "Stakes man. Gotta have stakes." Or something like that.
    Characters deaths can definitely punctuate the dramatic potency of a specific narrative development. The icing on the cake, as it were. But there's so much that goes into make that death matter - a "cake" that is entirely icing is not a cake at all.