Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What is so special about Ysera that she has to constantly show up anyway? She had a good death scene in Legion, found it very unnecesary to have her brought back in Shadowlands because it lessens the impact of her death, now they are planning to just ress her? They could have used this opportunity to develop her daughter to take her role...

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    hopefully there'll be more to it, explaining why it's so important to get Ysera back instead of replacing her like they did with Malygos and why the same thing couldn't allow say the Twilights Hammer to resurrect Deathwing or Malygos the same way (after all, they too may have been wild seeds after their deaths)
    Deathwing might be resurrected from the void through similar means, though his soul would likely have to be untangled from Nozdormu's time trap first (as he bound the timeways to seal Deathwing's defeat in cataclysm).
    Malygos might be resurrected from the "orderlands" similarly too, but i think he'd resemble a netherdrake upon resurrection - or perhaps something new entirely.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    That doesn't answer what I'm saying
    It does, it always was their sole purpose of living gather anima and then die to fuel eternity, to enjoy said eternity.

So the sisters owe the night elves for doing their job as anima batteries?
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2022-08-10 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    So, they are apparently going to kill Malfurion to bring Ysera back
    Jesus, they are mentally bankrupt

What was the point of killing her in the first place
    What is the point of showing Merithra if she's just going to do nothing

Lmao, they really wanted to keep kicking night elves while they are down. And I'm saying this as a troll main.
    On topic: Yet another kick to the head for the night elves.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

3+ Year Old Account
    The queen is still greatly indebted to the Kaldorei for the anima she was given that did not belong to her and the Powers of the Night War they used to save her kingdom.

Can we kill her and put ar Broswandi in her place?
    I am all for Bwonsamdi being the King of Ardenweald!
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It does, it always was their sole purpose of living gather anima and then die to fuel eternity, to enjoy said eternity.

So the sisters owe the night elves for doing their job?
    So when Elune says she "sent them" she means she let them die. Or worse I actively look for them to die.

Because they was going to SL anyway. If they died if she put her hand. She would not be "sending them."
    Last edited by geco; 2022-08-10 at 01:24 PM.

Shame about Malfurion. Dude never got to actually do anything except blow a horn in WC3.

Silly looking guy with feathers and antlers is a small price to pay for a smoking hot dragon chick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    No point, next to nothing that happens in it has much on-going consequence for future stories, and by simply not bringing it up you can carry on as is. As @Jastall said, downplay the Bald Man's influence and close the Veil and you're basically done. You can then reuse some of its ideas later on, the way WoD and Legion made good use out of the dumpster fire that was TBC.
    Posts that aged poorly.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

So when Elune says she "sent them" she means she let them die.
    Yup she let them die, without pain, as the tree was on fire.

Because he was going to SL anyway. If they died if she put her hand. She would not be "sending them."
    She did not kill them, what is implied is elune fulfilling the role of a Kyrian transporting these souls over the veil

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Posts that aged poorly.
    Totally irrelevant in this case, Ardenweald is Emerald Dream 2.0 with different colours and it has been used as all purpose Wild God retrieval since Cenarius kicked back in.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Totally irrelevant in this case, Ardenweald is Emerald Dream 2.0 with different colours and it has been used as all purpose Wild God retrieval since Cenarius kicked back in.
    I mean, I can't recall the last time the Emerald Dream required a "human" (Elf) sacrifice but go off.

The Kaldorei go to the shadowlands, like every other mortal soul, that is the whole point of it. Some of them hang around as undead wisps, but their destination has always been there. The elves were dead either way, Elune wanted to send them per express to Ardenweald and they were snatched on the way.
    What about that Druid in Classic who goes to the Emerald Dream?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

The dream is linked to Ardenweald

I mean, I can't retell the last time the Emerald Dream required a "human" (Elf) sacrifice but go off.
    True, which is why this version is better for preserving the relevance of death, since it required multiple expansions to drag this bint out from death and then someone else needs to die to finish it. Prior resurrections of nature-themed characters happened off-screen, with Cenarius in particular having his whole narrative point in WC3 hastily settled in a CDev statement, all so he can offer 3 generic quests (4 by Legion).

Shh, next you'll be asking about Uther's soul. Though really, as a vending line from death to resurrection, Ardenweald has the least issues of any realm in squaring lore since it's essentially just a perfunctory extra step in the revival process. Before it was death -> Emerald Dream -> life, now it's death -> Ardenweald -> Emerald Dream -> life.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What is so special about Ysera that she has to constantly show up anyway?
    I honestly never cared for ysera.
    Sure her death was seen as sad.

But she barely interacted with players. She showed up in Cata, gave a few quests. Helped in Dragon Soul
    Then in Legion she dies

Dunno, never got attached to her
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Yup she let them die, without pain, as the tree was on fire.

She did not kill them, what is implied is elune fulfilling the role of a Kyrian transporting these souls over the veil
    So she wouldn't really be doing anything. Because it was something that she should go through and therefore all that dialogue would be really useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    So, they are apparently going to kill Malfurion to bring Ysera back
    Jesus, they are mentally bankrupt

What was the point of killing her in the first place
    What is the point of showing Merithra if she's just going to do nothing

Lmao, they really wanted to keep kicking night elves while they are down. And I'm saying this as a troll main.
    There is no plan or they rewrote a lot of lore elements that they originally thought would happen. In any case, it is perfectly logical that the night elves players get angry

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What is so special about Ysera that she has to constantly show up anyway? She had a good death scene in Legion, found it very unnecesary to have her brought back in Shadowlands because it lessens the impact of her death, now they are planning to just ress her? They could have used this opportunity to develop her daughter to take her role...
    This is the correct take. While going through this whole rigamarole to raise her, sacrifices included is better than just doing it off-screen, her death was much better than Maly's and didn't need fixing. Ysera doesn't have much of a definable personality that couldn't be filled in by any other green dragon and the time and effort spent on this could be used to progress other characters. Maly died a dumb death, but there was focus on Kalec after that and the narrative milked a lot of value from him stepping up to filling in for an Aspect. The same could be done for Merithra, and BFA leaned into it with her dialogue, only for it to be dropped so we could back to classic. Merithra also isn't much of a character, mind, but the total quests and screen time spent on Ysera post-death could be used to fix that.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-08-10 at 01:52 PM.

Malf sacks himself for ysera
    Ysera basically ignores tyrande to focus on dragon things
    Tyrande goes nuts and we have to kill her
    Sylv immediately returns after doing "good enough"
    Takes back the rebuilt undercity and kicks out the squatters
    Turns everyone on Calia because "she has the same or worse potential than Arthas "
    Also brings back nathanos
    Ez win
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the only semi-believable way Malf could actually die would be to just...choose to. Big ol' /shrug from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Begon chicken man! He's nothing more than a joke at this point.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karawaka View Post
    Malf sacks himself for ysera
    Ysera basically ignores tyrande to focus on dragon things
    Tyrande goes nuts and we have to kill her
    Sylv immediately returns after doing "good enough"
    Takes back the rebuilt undercity and kicks out the squatters
    Turns everyone on Calia because "she has the same or worse potential than Arthas "
    Also brings back nathanos
    Ez win
    I would spend the full duration of whatever expansion this was choking on laughter if this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.