Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    It is based on these tests. What really happens is that Blizzard has a bizarre hatred towards the Kaldorei.
    Then if it's up to the Horde, Alliance or Neutrals to receive good things just to screw the Kaldorei is secondary
    Players will love the stuff they write good, regardless of whether it's the horde or the alliance.. everyone that love the night elves loved them because of WC3 and War of the Ancients trilogy - the grand story being told - and where they expected kick ass developments coming wow, they were met with such lacklustre development, they abandoned it.

Blizzard then chose to write up other races - nothing wrong with that, it's good, but they also neglected others to push people in one direction, and I warned this would lopside the story and was un-necessary.

I thought they'd find a way to fix, i thought the state of play might motivvate them to fix, doesn't, because , my borther was right, they have no desire.

Incdientally nightelves aren't the only victims, they're just hte biggest ones, but I think we all hoped or thought they'd fix that somewhat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not a great turn of events in my view, but I'd opt to wait and see if this proves true given that I can't find any real provenance for this information save for a Reddit post.
    We could be wrong, there could be more to it than that, like a bigger and even better surprise/development - you know when writers fake something bad will happen then turn it around.

But who are we kidding,

IF you write well, there shouldn't be any terrible characters - regardless of their roles. Killing htem isn't the solution, fixing them is. If it's true, it seems silly to sacrifice a more loved character for a less loved one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    We could be wrong, there could be more to it than that, like a bigger and even better surprise/development - you know when writers fake something bad will happen then turn it around.
    Yeaaaaaah

Hope springs eternal.

If they're taking the Malfurion then I'd seriously lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I don't really like Malfurion and think this is an interesting choice, but its definitely not the ass-kissing that Nelf fans have earned.
    I'm curious to see why you don't like Malfurion - is it the character they gave him? Or how they developed or wrote him in wow?

Malfurion could have been much more interesting - he is portrayed as a very good character, making excellent decisions, but despite his great accomplishments, the plot has also revealed that he has been wrong about a few things - we never got to see Malfurion apologise to Illidan, or at least bear some blame about being wrong over the arcane that led to the expulsion of the Sunstrider Highborne - Hey Malfurion, both Illidan and Darth'remar were right, and you were wrong there, your decision had some huge effects for the kaldorei - let's explore that and see you get some flak, why not make him be a bit unfairly treated (seeing we understand the decision he made, but not everyone would like that). htis was an excellent point for genuine contention to arise concerning him outside the druidic community.

That's just one thing off of the top of my head.

What about his compassion - they could accuse him of being blind to the wrong doings of his people - while I agree with him that the night elves never hurt the blood elves when he confronts Lorash, technically, they did go into Ghostlands and it didn't end friendly - he was blind to that

Another point you could fault him was not taking enough steps to fix Fandral's mistakes

His people could disagree with him about immortality - he is a druid, off course he'd prefer the cycle of life and rebirth, but not all of them are. Even a half the druids actually agreed with Fandral and this is the reason why the effort ot restore immortality was made - what does this tell you about the night elves?

There are issues to explore without painting them as evil, vulnerabilities to Malfurion and mistakes that could be looked into to develop him more realistically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yeaaaaaah

Hope springs eternal.
    ROFL -- you had me laughing.

You're right, and I guess we've been down this road too many times huh.. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me... but apparently some of us can be fooled indefinitely, though it's not wrong to be hopeful.

Hope does spring eternal - but hoping on this one might definitely be misplaced hope.

Yeah, about like the pre-BfA statements about "Gosh, who burned Teldrassil? Who could it possibly be?"

IF you write well, there shouldn't be any terrible characters - regardless of their roles. Killing htem isn't the solution, fixing them is. If it's true, it seems silly to sacrifice a more loved character for a less loved one.
    I say again, based on their public statements and actions, the current writers utterly detest the old lore and want to replace it. SL amply demonstrated that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I agree, and wrote something (albeit a sarcastic joke) about Danuser trying to justify to management shitting on Alliance because cross faction exists.
    HE fuels this himself, I mean if you only write badass or cool and good endings for one race or group - but not another - then it's clear.

It's not so hard to write good developments, it isn't. We saw some good developments for the blood elves - i mean TBC ended with the Sunwell and magic restored, Quelt'halas doing well, blood elves regaining lost stuff and new powers. We saw humans, orcs all improve immensely from their WC1 - WC3 devastations, Gnomes, Darkspears, Tauren, Dwarves , Forsaken ofc

I get it, tragedy happens, in fact, even necessary for a great story, but it's not a great story when it's only tragedy and mostly devastation, it's great when you survive and come out better because of it.

That last part they don't seem to get, endless tragedy and victimisation is just too much, and it's not "great.

Is there are reason night elves can't get positive developments that outstrip the negative ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly this makes little sense. Ysera didn't die sacrificing herself to keep Malfurion alive and we end up grove diving to save him from a phantom image anyway. ffs we were the ones who killed her because she was attacking a random elf temple and apparently it was important enough we didn't have the time to find some way to purify her or the corrupted tear that was blasted into her (which literally ends up being purified anyway via Elune shenanigans once she was dead).

What is even the point of having her daughter around for Dragonflight?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    [Citation Needed]
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    [Citation Needed]
    The text is on mmocs databse for the expac. There's a link somewhere toward the beginning of the thread.

Page six in here

https://wow.tools/dbc/diff.php?dbc=b...w=10.0.0.44999
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2022-08-10 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Honestly this makes little sense. Ysera didn't die sacrificing herself to keep Malfurion alive and we end up grove diving to save him from a phantom image anyway. ffs we were the ones who killed her because she was attacking a random elf temple and apparently it was important enough we didn't have the time to find some way to purify her or the corrupted tear that was blasted into her (which literally ends up being purified anyway via Elune shenanigans once she was dead).

What is even the point of having her daughter around for Dragonflight?
    I suppose from Malfurion's point of view he might consider Ysera having sacrificed herself for him, she was on the hunt for Xavius alongside Tyrande to rescue him after all - and it was during that encounter that Xavius hit her with the corrupted Tear of Elune and turned her into a Nightmare dragon causing her to attack the Temple of Elune in Val'Sharah. In his view, she "died" when Xavius corrupted her, and we were forced to kill her corrupted form afterward.

Still don't like it, though. I see little reason for Ysera to return to life when Merithra is there to take up her mantle - and I also think her returning to life so quickly further cheapens her death in Legion, which was already tarnished by her return in Shadowlands in Ardenweald.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I thought we'd seen the last of that sort of thing with Afrisiabi gone.. but apparently notm here we go again.
    Shadowlands was comedy gold and the writers haven't really changed that much, even with danuser gone, it wouldn't change.

- - - Updated - - -

It actually is - does anyone remember Stomrmrage the novel and what went on there? Does any of that stuff matter?
    Well it is a knaak novel and it was a real bad one, I usually finish such small books in one sitting but I had to put this thing down at least 10 times, it canonical happened but was never addressed XD

Still don't like it, though. I see little reason for Ysera to return to life when Merithra is there to take up her mantle - and I also think her returning to life so quickly further cheapens her death in Legion, which was already tarnished by her return in Shadowlands in Ardenweald.
    Because blizz is lazy and wants the cheap stuff, writing a new character requires some effort, just recycle the old. Malfurion sits in Ardenweald and comes back in a few years somehow.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2022-08-10 at 03:48 PM.

Still think that ysera isn't come back.
    We will start ritual and then Ysera refuses. Or take Tyrande. Then we could have strong male character at least once from Legion. Not pussy one or nontoxic masculin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    The text is on mmocs databse for the expac. There's a link somewhere toward the beginning of the thread.

Page six in here

https://wow.tools/dbc/diff.php?dbc=b...w=10.0.0.44999
    well shit...

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Still think that ysera isn't come back.
    We will start ritual and then Ysera refuses. Or take Tyrande. Then we could have strong male character at least once from Legion. Not pussy one or nontoxic masculin.
    You honestly think that would happen - have you not noticed the main characters in this game since BFA? Sausage factor does not bear well for you currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

Because blizz is lazy and wants the cheap stuff, writing a new character requires some effort, just recycle the old. Malfurion sits in Ardenweald and comes back in a few years somehow.
    It's always been easier to write tragedy - more dramatic and emotional, but it's depressing when people don't understand that you have such things to make the upswing that more meaningful.

BUt if you don't know how to create.

Perhaps those remaining in charge just hate the things their predecessors did and are targetting everything they don't like and removing i, rather than guaging the fans and just writing it better, making it thier own by improving it or making it good. /shrug.

TBH i dont think killing off Malfurion is a bad idea, especially if they can't use him well.

But he needed a better send off. Like a Cataclysm-thrall type event except instead of just casting the golden beam he dies in the process making the new world tree or something.

That and bringing back ysera is just more status-quo maintaining which this story suffers way too much from.

Blizzard then chose to write up other races - nothing wrong with that, it's good, but they also neglected others to push people in one direction, and I warned this would lopside the story and was un-necessary.
    There is a problem. Why are they poorly written?

If you want me to feel bad for an orc who did 3 geneacides and still decides to sit back and do nothing to fix his problems. That's wrong.

Now out of joke I have a hard time getting hooked with the new breeds. Because just his story is going to be cut. Ose I loved the history of the Arrakoa. But it has no end.
    And the gobling start... but they are forgotten.
    And The Beginning of the Trolls... well that one went on for a while but now they forgot about it.

Why would I worry about the next race that they're going to forget to finish?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    TBH i dont think killing off Malfurion is a bad idea, especially if they can't use him well.

But he needed a better send off. Like a Cataclysm-thrall type event except instead of just casting the golden beam he dies in the process making the new world tree or something.

That and bringing back ysera is just more status-quo maintaining which this story suffers way too much from.
    Better than what they did for Admiral Taylor in WOD...

#TeamFuckEverything

You honestly think that would happen - have you not noticed the main characters in this game since BFA? Sausage factor does not bear well for you currently.
    Nope ofc.
    I think that all we can hope - that Malf will return in expansion or two. Or when Tyrande's time would come - he meets her in Ardenweald.

It's always been easier to write tragedy - more dramatic and emotional, but it's depressing when people don't understand that you have such things to make the upswing that more meaningful.
    Tragedy only works if it isn't repeated constantly, then it becomes another tuesday, this is why I personally found the burning of teldrassil utterly hilarious, the way the whole thing was framed and executed was just comedy gold at this point in the story.

Blizz tries to get by with shock value and skin deep "characters" and shoddy world building, which works for most people, who don't pay much attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Nope ofc.
    I think that all we can hope - that Malf will return in expansion or two. Or when Tyrande's time would come - he meets her in Ardenweald.
    Presumably, Malf's return would be by swapping places with Ysera again, leading to the timeshare vacation home approach to the afterlife. A month in Ardenweald, a month in Azeroth...it's good for the soul to get away to/from the afterlife now and again.