Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Looks like Tinker has finally been fully incorporated into the engineering profession, Sorry to the guys who wanted it.
    Engineering enchants have been called tinkers since Cataclysm where we also had the cogwheel system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I agree about Ysera and Meritha.

Ysera might have appeared in some form to her daughter in the Emerald Dream, thus making the Dream a sort of link between Andervald and Azeroth.

She basically remained dead in Azeroth but a presence in the Emerald Dream. So in that way the story mortifies both Ysera death and her daughter's life (even if by now we dotn know whats happen to her and why Tyrande call back Ysera).

About Malfurion, poor fellow never really had a role in this game... will we notice its absence?
    They did not know how to use Malfurion. He was supposed to be super powerful but they were afraid to make proper use of him. The wisp wall he erected was definitely amazing (and if the Night Elves and the Alliance had not been hit by the idiot bat in order for the War of Thorns to work, someone would have turned Sylvanas into a pincushion as she was struggling and barely could contain the wall so her forces could pass through). In Cata Azshara herself attacked Darkshore so as to distract Malfurion in order for Ragnaros and Deathwing to attack Hyjal.

Malfurion was simply in a league of his own. The solution was not to depower him but to simply give the Horde people who could be his equals. Thrall could before they decided to retire him, Sylvanas could have naturally been developed to that level, the blood elves should have had at least one magister that was close to Azshara's (and thus Malfurion's) level and the trolls absolutely can produce someone of that skill (Vol'jin is likely heading there).

AS for Merithra it's a shame to have her running to mother. Her quests in BfA were solid and she was on her way to become an aspect just like Kalecgos did, just like Wrathion will try. Instead she is being replaced by an established character who has had a proper arc that finished properly.

1+ Year Old Account
    Tinker is a verb. The class is called Tinkerer. A Tinkerer tinkers, but the fact that an engineer also tinkers doesn't mean that a Tinkerer cannot exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Tinker is a verb. The class is called Tinkerer. A Tinkerer tinkers, but the fact that an engineer also tinkers doesn't mean that a Tinkerer cannot exist.
    Unit in Warcraft 3 was Tinker, however.

And now I've seen the word Tinker enough times it looks strange to me. Tinker. heh.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Unit in Warcraft 3 was Tinker, however.

And now I've seen the word Tinker enough times it looks strange to me. Tinker. heh.
    Hm, you are right. Blizzard seems inconsistent on this. If you search Tinker or Tinkerer on Wowpedia, you'll get a bunch of hits on both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hm, you are right. Blizzard seems inconsistent on this. If you search Tinker or Tinkerer on Wowpedia, you'll get a bunch of hits on both.
    It's not that Blizzard is inconsistent, its that Tinker is both a noun and a verb.

Tinker and Tinkerer are interchangable.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's not that Blizzard is inconsistent, its that Tinker is both a noun and a verb.

Tinker and Tinkerer are interchangable.
    So are Warrior and Fighter, yet Blizzard manages to stick with one.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post

About Malfurion, poor fellow never really had a role in this game... will we notice its absence?
    I would say no. I mean honest question did you even thought about him before we knew this ysera malfurion bit?

He hasnt done anything remotely cool to make me remember him in a fond way.. legion malfurion is still stuck with me. Also he has winged arms that he cant use, everything about him screams loser to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    So are Warrior and Fighter, yet Blizzard manages to stick with one.
    Probably because Warrior is a widespread and popular fantasy term, while Fighter is barely used outside of instances of hand to hand combatants.

Whereas Tinker and Tinkerer are literally one and the same thing, in use and in every given context.
    The only difference is that one word has 2 extra letters.

Formerly known as Arafal

Holy paladins getting bless of summer and glimmer builds, welcome back holy paladin overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I mean, that is... what I want. The closer the Night Elves are portrayed to their WC3 counterpart the happier I'll be. I know it will never be exactly like that but I also really don't want them living in stone castles ala Stormwind.

You wouldn't like it if High Elves/Void Elves were suddenly taken and put into huts looking like Orgrimmar now would you?
    You would be surprised by the number of Nelf fans on this forum who would argue that Night elves do belong in a castle and it's part of their identity. Maybe not a medieval stone castle like Stormwind, but still, a civilized setting. Like a city with ton of Highborne influence.

The "Nordrassil" setting of woodland, forest, and forest spirit is only part of the Night elf identity. We now have a sizeable Highborne population that has rejoined their kin since Cataclysm, and who would probably prefer to live in Eldre'Thalas, and not Nordrassil. As a result, perhaps it would be better if their efforts were spent rebuilding Eldre'Thalas, instead of settling in a savage tree in the middle of nowhere.

In the end, Night elves will never go back to their savage and isolationist roots of WC3. They have been part of the Alliance for several years, shared their city with a Human kingdom since Cataclysm, and have been reunited with the Highborne of Eldre'Thalas.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-08-10 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You would be surprised by the number of Nelf fans on this forum who would argue that Night elves do belong in a castle and it's part of their identity. Maybe not a medieval stone castle like Stormwind, but still, a civilized setting. Like a city with ton of Highborne influence.

The "Nordrassil" setting of woodland, forest, and forest spirit is only part of the Night elf identity. We now have a sizeable Highborne population that has rejoined their kin since Cataclysm, and who would probably prefer to live in Eldre'Thalas, and not Nordrassil. As a result, perhaps it would be better if their efforts were spent rebuilding Eldre'Thalas, instead of settling in a savage tree in the middle of nowhere.

In the end, Night elves will never go back to their savage and isolationist roots of WC3. They have been part of the Alliance for several years, shared their city with a Human kingdom since Cataclysm, and have been reunited with the Highborne of Eldre'Thalas.
    Eldre'Thalas is more like Darnassus than Stormwind. And it's set in Feralas, which is a massive forest.

Eldre'Thalas is more like Darnassus than Stormwind. And it's set in Feralas, which is a massive forest.
    Because it's an overgrown ruin. The shielded parts of Suramar would be a better example to use anyway.

Eldre'Thalas was a metropolis built for magical research and knowledge, Darnassus was built by the druids and rebels who literally exiled all mages from the land. I'm surprised you didn't know this distinction.

Even in design, Eldre'Thalas is clearly more civilized than Darnassus. Most of the buildings in Darnassus are made of wood and aren't even built on concrete, while the buildings in Eldre'Thalas are all made of stone.

Darnassus has always been the city of the hippies, but now the hippies have reunited with their Highborne kin and might start to rediscover some of the more civilized culture traits they lost.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-08-10 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because it's an overgrown ruin. The shielded parts of Suramar would be a better example to use anyway.
    That can be fixed if need be. I doubt the Nightborne would appreciate Nelves taking Suramar.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Do all classes and specs get 30 in class tree and 31 in spec tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Eldre'Thalas was a metropolis built for magical research and knowledge, Darnassus was built by the druids and rebels who literally exiled all mages from the land. I'm surprised you didn't know this distinction.

Even in design, Eldre'Thalas is clearly more civilized than Darnassus. Most of the buildings in Darnassus are made of wood and aren't even built on concrete, while the buildings in Eldre'Thalas are all made of stone.

Darnassus has always been the city of the hippies, but now the hippies have reunited with their Highborne kin and might start to rediscover some of the more civilized culture traits they lost.
    You really like to straddle it the precipice of falling into a White Man’s Burden argument, don’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That can be fixed if need be. I doubt the Nightborne would appreciate Nelves taking Suramar.
    Sure, but if it was fixed it'd be more like Suramar than Darnassus. That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    You really like to straddle it the precipice of falling into a White Man’s Burden argument, don’t you?
    I agree. as in, if they can shape wood into any shape they want, what is the point of masonry?

Also, alternatively, they aren't this passive one-with-the-land race either: They're recent history involves a giant undertaking in trying to turn Silithus into a forest: That's extremely fucked up. Deserts aren't a failed biome, they're an ecological feature that serves a purpose as much as their Forests, and trying to turn it into a Forest shows they consider themselves the masters of nature rather than its servants: The Night Elves approach to nature is as self-serving as any other race.

New existential question: If Dragons choose their visage on their nameday, that means most of them were taking the form of High Elves, thousands of years before High Elves even existed. What's that about? Is their some sort of inherent evolutional function of the High elf form (don't let Varodoc see this post)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Looks like Tinker has finally been fully incorporated into the engineering profession, Sorry to the guys who wanted it.

Credit to Soulsobreezy for the image.
    This is fine.... if they eventually give the professions a combat spec tree.

- - - Updated - - -

Never. She just happened to have died during Malfurion's rescue from Xavius. Wasn't a sacrifice at all. It's pretty far fetched.
    Xavius created a scenario where Tyrande could choose to save Malfurion or Ysera from corruption & Tyrande chose Malfurion. Or perhaps he's thinking if he had just died in the War of the Thorns Teldrassil would have never have been burned.

It doesn't really explain why Malfurion did nothing during Shadowlands, but it makes sense if killing Malfurion off was the whole endgoal of this whole ysera storyline.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-08-11 at 03:02 AM.

Feels like the people ignoring Malfurion are ignoring WC3, or like to pretend Xaevius is him with the Legion crap.
    WoW refused to use him and are just axing something with massive potential, see the Darkshore cinematic, just to... give more grief to Night Elves?
    What's even the point of killing him off? The souls already sacrificed themselves for the seed. Night Elf fans actually do like him and were annoyed he just sat on the sidelines for years.

It's getting ridiculous how much they want to take from this race without even giving them a break.

What do the Night Elves - or even the Alliance in general - have to be excited about as a group right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    What do the Night Elves - or even the Alliance in general - have to be excited about as a group right now?
    We can always look forward to the Siege of Stormwind raid after Turalyon starts his theocratic cleansing.