Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol @ russia

https://twitter.com/OSINTua/status/1...608897/photo/2

get fucking banged cunts
    Does Russia even have air defenses? Because based on the results of the "3 day special operation" currently in its 6th month, it sure doesn't seem like any air defenses they have are very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Does Russia even have air defenses? Because based on the results of the "3 day special operation" currently in its 6th month, it sure doesn't seem like any air defenses they have are very effective.
    probs fired all the air defense missiles at civilians.

Imagine you are one of the dictatorships who spent money on Russian weapons lmfao. Garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol @ russia

https://twitter.com/OSINTua/status/1...608897/photo/2

get fucking banged cunts
    That is hilarious! Too bad that a few seem to still be intact, hopefully the blast waves were enough to make them unflyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...you see...the manufacturer of the S-400 is under investigation because it's not doing what it's supposed to: defend against HIMARS, as for the scientists working on hypersonic missiles? Funny you should ask...over the summer 3 of them have been arrested for treason.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Well...you see...the manufacturer of the S-400 is under investigation because it's not doing what it's supposed to: defend against HIMARS, as for the scientists working on hypersonic missiles? Funny you should ask...over the summer 3 of them have been arrested for treason.
    Huh...so the anti-HIMARS system worked like a charm until it actually had to work and then...it didn't? Who could have ever predicted this based on the long history of corruption, fraud, and grifting in the Russian government.

I'd totally forgotten about the hypersonic missiles we were all super terrified over for a hot-second. Wonder why they're arresting the folks working on it?

10+ Year Old Account

I'd totally forgotten about the hypersonic missiles we were all super terrified over for a hot-second. Wonder why they're arresting the folks working on it?
    Not just any folks, the people heading the research is who is being hit. If I was working there I'd seriously look into getting the heck outta dodge.

russian standards??
    The only Russian standard I know about:

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Any updates about the nuclear power plant that the Russians were holding hostage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Any updates about the nuclear power plant that the Russians were holding hostage?
    Apparently that was a fake, according to the russians and an American site that is not exactly on the side of the russians (the truth will be somewhere out there). Additionally the russians want the IAEA to come check as do the Ukrainians but, of course, nobody can reach an agreement on how, when and where.

Regarding the claim by the russians, I should hope they aren't THAT stupid and this was indeed a fake, but I don't trust them one bit. ( Even if it would seem that the grain deal holds in so far that no ships have been attacked or seized.)

Russian losses at Saky airbase updated with:

- 4 Su-30SM multirole aircraft (destroyed)
    - 6 Su-24M/MR strike/tactical reconnaissance aircraft (5, destroyed, 1x damaged)

https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/st...69739835969541

wonder how much thats worth? half a billion?

Ukraine had been claiming 9 planes destroyed before satellite imagery came out. Looks like they were right.

The su-24s cost 25 million each back when they were built in 97. So a quarter of a billion in planes alone isn't a stretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    That can't be right....The russian MoD says no losses! /S

That's a pretty big hit. Also, that poor air force guy who caused this "accident"
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-08-10 at 10:10 PM.

Those 10 planes are just the obvious ones. There are likely more than have taken damage that can't be spotted by satellite and will need repairs before they can fly again.

With how badly damaged the base is, that will probably mean being shipped elsewhere for that.

Apparently that was a fake, according to the russians and an American site that is not exactly on the side of the russians (the truth will be somewhere out there). Additionally the russians want the IAEA to come check as do the Ukrainians but, of course, nobody can reach an agreement on how, when and where.

Regarding the claim by the russians, I should hope they aren't THAT stupid and this was indeed a fake, but I don't trust them one bit. ( Even if it would seem that the grain deal holds in so far that no ships have been attacked or seized.)
    Grain deal is likely holding so far because Russia gets something huge out of it. Firstly their fertilizers are no longer sanctioned because of the deal. Also Lavrov running around Africa and Asia isn't a "Play nice with us or else." it's cold war style "Be our friend please." and attacking any Ukrainian grain ships will turn these countries off Russia fast.

Then also some oil states are also reliant on the grain, Russia gains from them not flooding the market. Attack a grain ship, even an accidental missile going for something else, well what's stopping these states flooding the market and essentially making Russian oil going to non aligned/friendly nations be replaced by cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Those 10 planes are just the obvious ones. There are likely more than have taken damage that can't be spotted by satellite and will need repairs before they can fly again.

With how badly damaged the base is, that will probably mean being shipped elsewhere for that.
    think they had a bunch of drones there as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Grain deal is likely holding so far because Russia gets something huge out of it. Firstly their fertilizers are no longer sanctioned because of the deal. Also Lavrov running around Africa and Asia isn't a "Play nice with us or else." it's cold war style "Be our friend please." and attacking any Ukrainian grain ships will turn these countries off Russia fast.

Then also some oil states are also reliant on the grain, Russia gains from them not flooding the market. Attack a grain ship, even an accidental missile going for something else, well what's stopping these states flooding the market and essentially making Russian oil going to non aligned/friendly nations be replaced by cheaper?
    All very valid, and rational. The latter is not something the russians are known for right now. I'm just glad it holds and I hope the side effect will be a return to other negotiations, but I'm not holding my breath and certainly NOT trusting the russians.

There are still major traffic jams going on as thousands of Russian colonists try to flee Crimea.

Thats going to be bad for PR, all those people heading back to Russia to spread word of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    There are still major traffic jams going on as thousands of Russian colonists try to flee Crimea.

Thats going to be bad for PR, all those people heading back to Russia to spread word of what is going on.
    "Wait, this 3-day special operation is still ongoing?"

"Wait, vacationing right next to a warzone isn't a good idea?!"

"Well honey, we may have had to cut our vacation short but we'll always have the memories of being within eyesight of the results of an active war started by our country. What? Stop crying, this is a priceless memory."

By some accounts it is more than 100 kilometres long. Thats a lot of traffic.

Its a good thing that Ukrainians don't fire on civilian convoys, unlike Russians.

- - - Updated - - -

This one is almost amusing - there was a leak of mailboxes from the Russian military prosecutor's office which Bellingcat has been investigating. Amongst them were numerous almost identical complaints from officers about their superiors. Why? Well, they admit to repeatedly violating army rules, being tardy and not following orders, complained to their superiors about it - and their superiors weren't sacking them.