View Poll Results: How popular will this new class be?

Voters
359. This poll is closed
  • High Tier (Druid and Hunter level)

86 23.96%
  • Mid Tier (Demon Hunter and Death Knight Level)

155 43.18%
  • Low Tier (Monk level)

118 32.87%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokura View Post
    All I know is that for the first year I'll be declining every evoker that applies to any of my groups >.<
    Haha ok. Luckily the good groups will absolutely bring Evokers considering their utility at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    After viewing the abilities and talents of the class, as well as the models, I'm going to say that this class is going to be in the top tier in terms of popularity. Its offering some pretty interesting gameplay options. I think Soar for example is going to be a pretty major class pusher.

This is an actual question? As history has shown...new class/race, new xpac = OP for at least a bit and then, at worst, strong the rest of xpac
    Class dismissed

7+ Year Old Account
    Not to popular i hope seeing how ugly they are. Hurts the eyes just to look at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Not to popular i hope seeing how ugly they are. Hurts the eyes just to look at them.
    They're going to be everywhere, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post

Uh… okay……

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    They're going to be everywhere, lol.
    New classes are always popular when they come out. Everyone wants to try them.

The real test is one or two expansions down the line when they are not purposely made to be OP anymore.

Like Demon hunters were all over the place in Legion. It was sickening. Nowadays? They are an endangered species.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably midtier because they actually look like they are a fun class to play. I miss when monks were fun to play. I know that some people love the current monk but I think they really peaked in Legion and have never been as fun to play.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    New classes are always popular when they come out. Everyone wants to try them.

The real test is one or two expansions down the line when they are not purposely made to be OP anymore.

Like Demon hunters were all over the place in Legion. It was sickening. Nowadays? They are an endangered species.
    Evokers have an advantage over DHs because they’re ranged and they’re healers. Demon Hunters really didn’t bring much new to the table, especially after Monks. They always felt extremely barebones, and more style over substance. Evokers seem quite a bit meatier, with more to offer players than what DHs offered.

Don’t underestimate the power of a solid healing spec.

Me personally the way their dragon and humanoid model look is just ugly. Like they tried to throw some anime into their blotchy fantasy game. I'm still going to give it a shot and see if I enjoy the play style. If so then ugly or not I'll play it.

Hopefully not terribly popular so I dont have to fight for my raid spot lol

Can't see them being as popular as DK and DH in the long run due to it not hitting the old people's nostalgia, but I think it will be relatively up there. Preservation looks really fun to play

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Uh… okay……
    Dude don't show me that gross shit.

- can't choose race
    - can't use transmog (mostly)
    - only 2 specs
    - no melee dps spec (most popular role)
    - looks goofy (that's just my opinion though I think shared by many)

Don't think it will be very popular. I expect mid/low (bit higher than monks maybe)

Uh… okay……
    My jaw dropped, this is so much cooler than my edit! I LOVE THISSSSS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    - can't choose race
    - can't use transmog (mostly)
    - only 2 specs
    - no melee dps spec (most popular role)
    - looks goofy (that's just my opinion though I think shared by many)

Don't think it will be very popular. I expect mid/low (bit higher than monks maybe)
    I'm pretty sure ranged DPS is the most popular role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevariel View Post
    My jaw dropped, this is so much cooler than my edit! I LOVE THISSSSS
    Yeah, that guy did a good job. There's some great-looking dragons in that thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too popular for my liking, at least for the first year or so, but I don't like the look of the Race.

If I could play Evoker on let's say my Forsaken, I'd be very happy about it!

Evokers have an advantage over DHs because they’re ranged and they’re healers. Demon Hunters really didn’t bring much new to the table, especially after Monks. They always felt extremely barebones, and more style over substance. Evokers seem quite a bit meatier, with more to offer players than what DHs offered.

Don’t underestimate the power of a solid healing spec.
    I don't underestimate. I have no idea how it will turn out. I have yet to play it myself as well. The future will tell.

But, a wrong assumption is usually made that a new class must be popular and i don't think that is the case. I class just needs it's niche. This is truer the more classes get added. They don't need to appeal to everyone, just some.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-08-11 at 08:33 PM.

The draconoid form is fine but dear god... the rest of it. Worst looking humanoid models in the game, give me the ability to play gnome as my humanoid form and id play it. \

"Soar" is the only reason i'm even considering creating one, despite my hate of the race design as a whole (freacking vegetarian soy filled twig "dragons" who can't even melee despite having perfect natural weapons and defenses). I've waited for a possibility to fly without the use of mount since flying was introduced.

But given blizz eagerness to just nerf Soar to the fucking ground even before reelease over bullshit reasons,i don't think i have any incentive left to create one of those soy scalies.
    Last edited by naeblis495; 2022-08-12 at 12:16 AM.

Honestly, I do not think Evoker will be so popular. The DPS spec which will undoubtly be the most popular of the two specs, looks rather bland and boring. It's a weird mix of a caster that's forced in mid- to melee-range, which is the opposite of what players that usually choose casters want to play.

I'm going to play Evoker because I really love what they do with Preservation, but DPS Evoker looks really boring.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again